Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah a shocker ;)

The thing is if i was part of SI and someone had created a tactic like mine that has had success on such a massive global scale i'd want to know how he made it, Not be angry for making it, If they new how i made then maybe they can prevent this in future versions of FM.

I'm using you winger tactic with my Aviron Bayonnais side, we have got back to back promotions with your 4-1-2-3 tactics that I tweaked to fit my team. Started using the winger one now that I'm in Ligue 1, and with a completely ungelled squad predicted to be relegated, am now 4-0-0 (2-0, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1). Looks very solid, can't wait for your update though as I do struggle with the defence at times. Well done again though, you're a real help to us who don't have time to make our own tactics, or simply can't get our own tactics to work.

The thing is if i was part of SI and someone had created a tactic like mine that has had success on such a massive global scale i'd want to know how he made it, Not be angry for making it, If they new how i made then maybe they can prevent this in future versions of FM.

Yeah sure, but Im also quite sure Paul knows everything about its "hidden" secrets, but we all know - when SI alter anything in the ME, they most of the cases screw with some other parts :D Also creating a winning tactic in FMXX is good thing considering people buying the game, as most people are here to win - people don`t like loosing, so they rather downloading some winning tactic to compete with they`re favorite players than messing around with tactics them self. That is the cold fact, however - I don`t like it.

I have been creating tactics myself, but for the Football Manager Live series - most of them hated like yours for FM09 / FM10 - People moan, about realism, in the end - its only a game. And we are humans, we don`t like losing ;)

Yeah sure, but Im also quite sure Paul knows everything about its "hidden" secrets, but we all know - when SI alter anything in the ME, they most of the cases screw with some other parts :D Also creating a winning tactic in FMXX is good thing considering people buying the game, as most people are here to win - people don`t like loosing, so they rather downloading some winning tactic to compete with they`re favorite players than messing around with tactics them self. That is the cold fact, however - I don`t like it.

I have been creating tactics myself, but for the Football Manager Live series - most of them hated like yours for FM09 / FM10 - People moan, about realism, in the end - its only a game. And we are humans, we don`t like losing ;)

Yeah exactly, I didn't set out to make these tactics i watched what was happening in game and changed things accordingly as i seen it, As you say we humans and people do like realism too but then the people who like the realism will compain that the 'game' is too hard, You can't win really

Is it still working well Mr Hough?

Yeah it is still working brilliantly well, I have just beat Arsenal 2-1 at the Emirates with Tottenham, They had 17 shots But, 12 of them where from long range so it does have an effect on teams that like to pass the ball into the goal , Simply they can't do it and run out of ideas and just shoot.

Mr Hough, this new idea of yours to combine very rigid philosophy with attacking brilliance makes me very excited. It could be too early to ask but how far are you with your new tactic in terms of releasing? ;)

i wouldn't say i'm close to releasing it yet still having a few problems with regarding opposition chances and possession things like that

Alittle off-topic from the current train of discussion but I have alittle info about the 4123.

Did the simple change to very rigid (without touching anything else) and it did improve the tactic slightly. It still struggles vs the same thing as it did with balanced though:

After hundreds of games I have found only one weakness in the 4123 and that is vs 442 diamond with ML and MR (not narrow in other words). You'll loose 70% of matches vs this formation and almost always loose them stats wise (meaning wins are usually lucky ones). I have yet to find a good solution and since it dominates all other formations it is usually not a problem, but can send you out of cups.

i never lost a game with classic 4123 tbh

always score 150+ goal a season with pato aguero and rooney upfront

2 years = 300+ goal

my save game crashed and i cant load it

too bad

How many games were vs 442 diamond with ML/MR? And how many of those teams were even close to your team when it comes to quality of players?

How many games were vs 442 diamond with ML/MR? And how many of those teams were even close to your team when it comes to quality of players?

Maybe you could use OI's on these players as i suspect the AMC will be the key to the formation do if you could mark him out of the game then there shouldn't be any problems.

The problem with using OI on the AMC Is that the defenders are pulled out of defence thus leaving it more vulnerable to the strikers. Also noticed that many goals against come from throw-ins that the opposition have close to my own byline:-)

The problem with using OI on the AMC Is that the defenders are pulled out of defence thus leaving it more vulnerable to the strikers.

There is an option in the settings to make one man mark a certain player if you stick the DM on this player it should be fine

Well I'm still using the 4-1-1-2-2 with Tottenham and as you can see I'm doing great:

barclayspremierleague.jpg

Although I'am conceeding alot, i'm still banging the goals in! Looking forward to Mr Hough's updated version, hopefully will be tighter at the back.

Steve

i'm using the "very rigid" solution with my offensive 4-1-2-2-1 and... so far, so good. i'm training Sporting CP and i've won Monaco away, for the Champions League (0-2), and i've dominated the entire game!

since then, 2 more wins for the Portuguese League. allways dominating the entire game, and i'm not suffering any goals.

very interesting... this "very rigid" thing.

hi mr hough

got a question concerning creating tactics in classic style.

wel,l first there are team instructions like creative freedom, pressing and so on and secondly, there are the individual instructions.

I would like to ask you, whether you could explain me, how these both instuctions work together.

At first I normally set the individual instuctions for each player, but than I dont know what to do with the team instuctions.

thought I either let them on default settings, since the individual instuctions are the ones, which are decisive but than I thought about settings like d-line and width, which cant be set up in the players' individual instuctions.

so should I only focus on these settings?

Alittle off-topic from the current train of discussion but I have alittle info about the 4123.

Did the simple change to very rigid (without touching anything else) and it did improve the tactic slightly. It still struggles vs the same thing as it did with balanced though:

After hundreds of games I have found only one weakness in the 4123 and that is vs 442 diamond with ML and MR (not narrow in other words). You'll loose 70% of matches vs this formation and almost always loose them stats wise (meaning wins are usually lucky ones). I have yet to find a good solution and since it dominates all other formations it is usually not a problem, but can send you out of cups.

I find it strange that you're having difficulty against a wide diamond formation with a 4-1-2-3, because if anything, you should actually have the advantage in this case. You are packing the midfield and playing through the middle, where the opposition has only two players (AMC and DMC), plus there's a gap between them in which your two MCs usually sit.

Here's just one example of me playing against a wide diamond:

vswidediamond.png

I also used some OIs, like tight marking the AMC and both STs, plus showing all players onto their weaker foot. Usually I don't use OIs at all, but when I play big teams, I tend to use at least some. The main thing is not to go overboard with the "close down" OI. That's the one that makes your team loose shape and open up gaps for opposing players. In my own game, I never use this particular OI, but I do use the other ones, because they don't affect your team's positioning so drastically.

I've downloaded those filters from the links provided and have made a 'filter' folder. I went to import the filter in and clicked ok and it hasn't done anything.

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: And with this tactic, can you just put any old player into the positions or do I need to get players in from the filters? As you can tell, I'm a complete noob at football manager ^^

I've downloaded those filters from the links provided and have made a 'filter' folder. I went to import the filter in and clicked ok and it hasn't done anything.

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: And with this tactic, can you just put any old player into the positions or do I need to get players in from the filters? As you can tell, I'm a complete noob at football manager ^^

After you've created a "filter" folder, you have to put the filters you've downloaded into it. Then in the game you can import them.

Yes you need to try to get players that the filters find, otherwise, the tactic wont perform very well.

To make all the money to buy the filtered players, would I need to sell the majority of the players that I have in my squad already? Just starting out as Chelsea, so you get 68m to start with but that won't cover all the transfers surely.

You seem to be new not only to Football Manager, but to football in general :) Am I right?

Since you are Chelsea, then you already have many excellent players for this tactic, or for any tactic for that matter. You can just strengthen a few areas if you wish with the 68 million you were given. I think with Chelsea it would be good to get at least one more striker. You have one of the strongest squads in the game already, no need to sell all your players. If you do want to sell, then I'd suggest you get rid of the players that simply don't fit into the tactic, like wingers for example. However, there are certain wingers that can be effective as strikers also.

You seem to be new not only to Football Manager, but to football in general :) Am I right?

Since you are Chelsea, then you already have many excellent players for this tactic, or for any tactic for that matter. You can just strengthen a few areas if you wish with the 68 million you were given. I think with Chelsea it would be good to get at least one more striker. You have one of the strongest squads in the game already, no need to sell all your players. If you do want to sell, then I'd suggest you get rid of the players that simply don't fit into the tactic, like wingers for example. However, there are certain wingers that can be effective as strikers also.

Yeah I've started to realise. I've signed a few players as back up to the starting squad using the filter and have signed that Dzeko striker as well. That tactic certainly works. Drogba scored 4 in 1 game (friendly) and Anelka scored 3 in the next. That's not something I would've been able to achieve on my way, so thanks.

Yeah I've started to realise. I've signed a few players as back up to the starting squad using the filter and have signed that Dzeko striker as well. That tactic certainly works. Drogba scored 4 in 1 game (friendly) and Anelka scored 3 in the next. That's not something I would've been able to achieve on my way, so thanks.

Good choice with getting Dzeko. Since Drogba is getting old, you can try getting Romelu Lukaku as a player who can replace him in the future. That is if you want to continue to play with those types of strikers.

Update.

Regarding my new Wizard tactic progress is going very slow indeed, After Initially battering teams constatly getting clean sheets and scored over 2/3 goals a game as Tottenham, Things have gone extreamly bad, Not sure how it's happened but the opposition just seem to find space constantly having more shots and i rarely create anything worth getting excited about.

I'm not sure why it has done this but i assure you i am working on this to try and make it as it was when i first thought of it.

I don't have the words for how much success I've had with this tactic so instead, I'll let the pictures do the talking:

fm1p.jpg

fm2l.jpg

I also just missed out on the quad, losing in the FA Cup Final

Nice results

Which tactic are you using?

Update.

Regarding my new Wizard tactic progress is going very slow indeed, After Initially battering teams constatly getting clean sheets and scored over 2/3 goals a game as Tottenham, Things have gone extreamly bad, Not sure how it's happened but the opposition just seem to find space constantly having more shots and i rarely create anything worth getting excited about.

I'm not sure why it has done this but i assure you i am working on this to try and make it as it was when i first thought of it.

That's some abd news but i'm sure you will crack the AI once again ;)

Update.

How about 2 versions of the same tactic: one for games where you are "fav" and other where the odds are against you. The fav one much more fluid, and the other much more rigid. That way, you wouldn't lose the freedom needed to overcome crowded defenses, and on the games you need consistent defence you would go with the rigid. You could also switch to rigid when confortably winning with the fav one, too. I don't know, it's just a theory... maybe you thought of that already, of course.

Update.

Could it be that FM is starting to beat you now, Mr Hough ;)

Steve

Could it be that FM is starting to beat you now, Mr Hough ;)

Steve

Don't want to sound horrible but Mr Hough peaked with his 4-1-2-3 tactic. Because that was so effective everyone thinks he is a tactics god, which has been proved wrong with the the tactics he has released since (and before for that matter).