Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dreghorn2

Setting Up A Flair Player

Always had a little difficulty trying to decide the types of instructions for these players.

Sergio Aguero is a magnificent player, combining flair with determination, anticipation, decisions etc.. but how best to use the his gifts?

Do we set a player such as this with 'middle of the road' instructions and simply let him make the best decision at any given time, or do we try to unlock his skills by specifically asking for high attacking moves?

Additionally Cleon used to talk about always having a high flair player to bring off the bench late in games to break open defenses, how do we set up such a player?

High creativity and attacking mentality or does the high creativity have him looking to pass and bring other players into the attacking moves versus doing the spectacular himself? Or am i confusing (after all these years) what flair actually is?

I'm working under the assumption that high flair players can break open a game by doing a spectacular move that leads immediately to a scoring chance for themselves. I'm a little confused on how to get the best out of these special players.

I tend to not give them any specific instructions but either set them as the team's playmaker or give them high creative freedom and let them do their thing.

Interesting but what about the players whose decisions may be low yet they have high flair? Do high flair players tend to score more, set up others, or do both?

Would a very high attacking mentality be appropriate or does it matter?

I know what you mean, it's difficult to get Salvio to play well while is still improving but i suppose he will perform better. I guess the only way is to experiment with different roles to see which the player plays best in.

Salvio is a good example of that type of 'bench' player that i have difficulty trying to set up.

I guess experimentation is the only thing to do, i wish i had a better explanation of what flair provides a player.

Flair- it's basically the mentality to do something extraordinary, in the literal sense of the word. They'll like doing little feints, chips, tricks, that sort of thing.

A player with high flair should be best utilised with high creative freedom, roaming, and "moves into channels". Personally, I put mentality up a few notches, or down if they're a striker so they get into the hole.

Salvio operates brilliantly for me on default "winger attack" instructions.

Thanks for the response SCIAG.

I really want to be able to get the most out of 'special' players like these.

I'm still confused whether they make their own scoring chances, create for others, or both. Moving into channels, i'll try that.. free role?