[FM10] Toulouse or not to lose that is the question!?

CAFCIan75

TOULOUSE FC

dy0ujb.jpg

I had a pretty successful career at Saint-Etienne in the last version of the game so I thought I would revisit France and see what happens (...and in my Milan saves the regens coming out of France were superb!). For this version I have decided to go for a team called Toulouse based in the South of France.

A bit of background information on the club...

Founded: 1970

Nickname(s): TFC, le Téfécé, le Tef

Stadium: Stadium Municipal

Capacity: 35,472

Chairman: Olivier Sadran

Club Record appearances (league): Dominique Arribagé (308 appearances)

Club Record goalscorer (league): Pierre Dorsini (90 goals)

Honours...

Unfortunately there is nothing much to write home about here just one solitary Coupe de France victory in 1957. So it becomes my job to fill the near empty trophy cabinet.

Club expectations...

Board Expectations:

- Europa League expectations: Reach Phase One Group Stage of the Europa League

- Ligue One: Compete with the big teams

- French Cup: Reach the Quarter Finals

- Coupe de la Ligue: Reach the Quarter Finals

Media Expectations: 5th

My Expectations:

- Europa League: Get out of the Group Stages and into the knockout stages.

- Ligue One: I agree with the board on this one, the minimum I expect is to be challenging up near the top. We may not be title material but I would like to set the foundations for a title challenge in the future.

- French Cup: I agree with the board.

- Coupe de la Ligue: I think maybe we can reach the semis.

Transfers...

10gkxmb.jpg

All the transfers are over a 48 month period which means I have gambled a little with the clubs finances over the next few seasons but we have a young squad so hopefully there won't be too many transfers over the next few seasons. I think it will be a sell before you buy policy from now on!

Thanks in advance for reading along and feel free to request any screenshots and I will try my best to provide them for you.

Next post: pre-season results & a squad list

Looking forward to seeing how you do. If I don't post much in the thread, be assured that I'm still reading and keeping up to date.

Toulouse strike me as one of those clubs from a reasonably big league who haven't achieved much but the potential is always there. Despite their name!

Thanks for reading Mike, I've recently looked at Toulouse as a big side in France but they never seem to win anything! I see you're planning to adopt the same approach I use in your Juventus thread, loads of reading not much in the way of posting.

SQUAD...

Following my transfers the squad I hoped would give a good account of themselves this season was as follows...

6z677t.jpg

PRE-SEASON RESULTS...

OLYMPIQUE CHÂLONS 0-8 TOULOUSE FC (Pentecôte 2, 17, 42 & 47, Dupuis 34 & 49, Hernanes 66, Taison 89)

– Friendly Match- To be honest we were expected to win by eight goals but what I did not expect was the performance from Xavier Pentecôte. His position in the first team has come under threat following the signing of Taison and he stepped up today and took his four goals superbly.

AS MONTIVILLIERS 0-8 TOULOUSE FC (Soukouna 4 & 45, Machado 15 & 20, Gignac 23, Souza 38, Didot 51, Capoue 75)

– Friendly Match- These sort of matches I use for fitness purposes and to build confidence within the squad and the result is secondary though with six different goalscorers it’s nice to see the goals being shared around the team.

AS CANNES 1-2 TOULOUSE FC (Taison 37, N’Gadi 51) – Friendly Match

- The scoreline does not reflect how dominant we were in this one. We had 23 shots on goal to their 3 unfortunately they tried to restrict our attacking play by playing a very strange formation (see below). We were at times restricted to shots from range but the 25 yard bullet from Taison was a fantastic strike.

2ntlhft.jpg

TOULOUSE FC 0-1 ATLETICO MADRID – Friendly Match

- We put in a decent performance against a very good Atletico side. We managed to keep both Aguero and Forlán quiet but it was Maxi Rodriguez who scored the winner. We did have a Pentecôte goal disallowed twenty minutes before the end but it was rightly chalked off for offside.

ES WASQUEHAL 0-6 TOULOUSE FC (Dupuis 21 & 59, Artunes pen30, Taison 64, Machado 68, Soukouna 72)

– Friendly Match- A nice leisurely end to pre-season and six goals into the bargain. It was nice to see Artunes score on his debut and I have the feeling he will be a good player for us this season.

Pre-season thoughts...

- Five matches, twenty four goals albeit against inferior opponents. The only time we did come up against any sort of quality we lost. The good thing is the strikers are scoring goals with Xavier Pentecôte (4 goals) and Kévin Dupuis (4 goals) closely followed by Ahmed Soukouna (3 goals) and Taison (3 goals). Hopefully our Brazilian players have settled into the squad and we can get the season off to a great start.

AUGUST...

AS MONACO 0-2 TOULOUSE FC (Gignac 37, Dupuis 60) – Ligue One (1/38)

- I went into this match and set the team up for a draw and I am delighted we came away with all three points. Monaco to their credit outplayed us for long periods and hit the woodwork three times but twice we did them on the counter, simply fantastic stuff.

INJURY NEWSFLASH: André-Pierre Gignac suffered a minor knee injury in the Monaco match and will be out of action for three weeks.

TOULOUSE FC 3-1 AS SAINT-ETIENNE (Soukouna 22 & 80, Taison 26)

– Ligue One (2/38)- Our first home match of the season yielded a great victory with Ahmed Soukouna coming off the bench to replace Dupuis and putting in a man of the match performance. I went defensive just after half time and allowed them back into the match so I went attacking again and grabbed the match winning third and our second consecutive victory.

IF ELFSBORG 1-2 TOULOUSE FC (Dupuis 58, Berson 86)

– Europa League, 4th Qualifying Round, 1st Leg- When we went a goal down I honestly believed our undefeated run was coming to an end but I went attacking and the players responded well and we ended up as deserved winners and should now secure a spot in the Europa League Group Stages.

LILLE 3-1 TOULOUSE FC (Taison 54) – Ligue One (3/38)

- Completely outfought, outthought and outplayed. We were complete and utter sh*t. They deserved to win and to be perfectly honest they should have had six. I was too cautious in this match and paid the price.

INJURY NEWSFLASH: Kévin Dupuis suffered a gashed leg in the Lille match and will be out for two weeks.

TOULOUSE FC 4-0 IF ELFSBORG (Taison 9, Souza 28, Pentecôte 31 & 52) – Europa League, 4th Qualifying Round, 2nd Leg (Aggregate 6-1)

- A terrific response following last weekend’s shambles against Lille. I brought Xavier Pentecôte into the team today and he took his chance with both hands. It will be hard to leave him out of the team for our next match. His second strike was a sensational 35 yard volley and would have graced any occasion.

CLUB NEWSFLASH: We were drawn in Group E in the Europa Cup, Group Stages along with German side Hamburger SV, Sporting Braga of Portugal and Romanian outfit CFR Cluj.

TOULOUSE PLAYER OF THE MONTH: TAISON – Three goals in his opening five matches as a Toulouse player gets him the vote this month. He is settling down well to life in France and I am hopeful he can take this form forward into September.

TABLE...

ht5wk5.jpg

- A nice solid start to the season for us and if we can finish the season where we currently are then I would be a very happy man. Unfortunately there is a very long way to go yet!

marksablade: feel free to steal ideas etc from my thread I did! :D I have to thank mike7077 and his Juventus thread for giving me the basic ideas to form my layout.

* Authors note: I am sorry about the excessive posts today I have a busy weekend lined up so no plans to post any more before Sunday at the earliest.

SEPTEMBER...

AS NANCY LORRAINE 0-0 TOULOUSE FC – Ligue One (4/38)

- A good result against a team who have had a good start to the season. What made me even happier with the point was we played the last 65 minutes with ten men following the red card for Mauro Cetto yet still had chances to win.

SC BRAGA 1-3 TOULOUSE FC (Souza 19 & 78, Gignac 42) – Europa League, Group E (1/6)

- Outstanding result, these are the games we need to win if we want to have any chance of progressing from this group. Diego Souza was outstanding today and he is beginning to look like he could be a bargain even at £14 million.

OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS 1-0 TOULOUSE FC – Ligue One (5/38)

- Considering the opposition and the fact they scored three minutes from time I thought it was a good effort. I know we are not expected to beat Lyon but we certainly gave a very good account of ourselves. We now have three home games in a row in Ligue One now so we need to start picking up victories.

TRANSFER NEWSFLASH: We today completed the signing of central midfielder Joaquín from Gimnàstic Tarragona for £1,600,000. He will join us at the end of the season. As you can see from the screenshot below already at sixteen he looks pretty good.

2je90uf.jpg

TOULOUSE FC 1-0 HAMBURGER SV (Capoue 12) – Europa League, Group E (2/6)

- How HSV got nothing out of this match I will never know. They were much the better side in the second half and deserved at least a draw if I’m to be honest, but I’ll take the win!

vi31pk.jpg

We have not played as many matches as most other clubs this month so we have slipped down the table to 13th but I am confident we can move back up the table as we have four home matches next month.

TOULOUSE PLAYER OF THE MONTH: YOHANN PELE: In a month where we have played well defensively it's our keeper that gets my award. Yohann has been in solid form behind a solid back four.

Good start mate :thup:

I like games with clubs that have won very little in the past, it's nice fill their trophy cabinet. Also teams that have been very big but fallen from grace in recent times like St. Etienne who you mentioned. ( I have a save with them )

Does this one replace your Liverpool game or are you keeping that one alive?

Archived