My editing project questions

Ascalz

Hey there guys I became a Football Manager fan when I bought 2009 from steam and haven't stopped playing it. I picked up 2010 because hey, why not?

I've recently been trying my hand at editing in FM2010, specifically the MLS.

I am currently in the process of creating a much larger league in the USA that will include teams that arent in the MLS as of this moment (i.e. Philadelphia, Vancouver and Portland). I'm also adding teams from cities that may have a team in the future (Austin, Ottawa, Atlanta, Saint Louis, and Pittsburgh). I have started editing the teams to add real life people to the "new" teams, for example, Arthur Blank, the owner of the NFL's Atlanta Falcons I made the owner of the Atlanta Blackhawks (a real life team that was already in the game, I just edited them) and inserted the stadium that they would most likely play in, in Atlanta's case, the Georgia Dome.

Basically here are my current roadblocks with my editing.

I have divided the teams of this new league (which I went back into history and simply used the NASL name for it) into four divisions, North, South, East and West.

Each division has 7 teams that compete each other for three playoff spots per division (considering shortening this to two playoff spots per team).

However, I would like each division to play each other during the season rather than have all of the Eastern Division teams play each other the entire season. I would like Philadelphia to have some games against Los Angeles or Dallas and so on. Is there anyway to accomplish this?

I'm able to import faces, and logos into the game from my FM2009 folders. My guniea pig for the teams is my own hometown Philadelphia Union who I've been testing the new logos for. The logo importing has gone without a hitch but with one problem.

When I first start coaching the team I receive a message from the owner. The logo for the team is in the top left hand of the screen as it should be and when I check the standings the tiny logo I made is there. But for some reason in the message I recieve it has the generic colored shield rather than the team logo. The established teams like the New York Red Bulls don't seem to have this issue. I'm not sure what I'm missing there but any help as to fixing that problem would be greatly appreciated.

My other problem is that I actually enjoy the MLS salary cap. The cap add an extra element of strategy to the game I feel along with the cap on international players that you can have. I haven't seen anyway I can implement that same cap system on my new league. Is there anyway I can? If not, I'll have to edit each team's finances to ensure a level playing field when the season starts.

I plan on making logos (as best as I can, I'm no graphics designer) for each Division as well, I will import those into the game.

Whenever I finally finish this file if people want to download it, I'll happily put it online. But if anyone can answer my questions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!

I think he means that every team plays each other regardless of what regional division they are in, but are ranked in terms of their regional division. Take the EPL for example: imagine that instead of the current 20 team EPL table, it's splt into two tables of 10 in a North/South divide. Arsenal would still play Sunderland twice a season, but they wouldn't be ranked in the same table, they'd be ranked alongside their fellow North/South sides.

Not sure if that's cleared things up or not... Hopefully you understand what I'm getting at?

Archived