Cache Data - Long Term Saves

Hi

This may be a stupid question but I heard a rumour that during FM2010 when the game slows down due to processed data that you can ultimately delete your “cache” file that contains older data, I have two questions on this.

1, Does this speed your long term save up at all

2, Does it not screw your game up so you get errors or bugs?

And if the following is abled how do you do this?

thanks

Hi

This may be a stupid question but I heard a rumour that during FM2010 when the game slows down due to processed data that you can ultimately delete your “cache” file that contains older data, I have two questions on this.

1, Does this speed your long term save up at all

2, Does it not screw your game up so you get errors or bugs?

And if the following is abled how do you do this?

thanks

Anyone know if this is this possible and if it causes problems?

no... the cache is a temporary base is hold data...

you can indeed clear the cache if needed.. but it wont necessarily stop any crash dumps etc... although it will help clear some room for processing..

you can even download a program to keep the cache clear for you as you play..

The cache is a different thing.

The above link will let you delete your cahce files, however this cache is only used to store the location of the graphics so the game loads up quicker, deleting this cache won't speed your game up (and will infact make it take longer to load FM initialy if you have the skin cache on as it will need to rebuild the skin cache).

On previous versions you could delete various temp files that would speed up a long term save - things such as saved matches and histories could be deleted, however deleting this information would result in you losing the ability to view previous matches and deleting the history will wipe the history of your game (and if done wrong could mess up the remaining history).

The cache is a different thing.

The above link will let you delete your cahce files, however this cache is only used to store the location of the graphics so the game loads up quicker, deleting this cache won't speed your game up (and will infact make it take longer to load FM initialy if you have the skin cache on as it will need to rebuild the skin cache).

On previous versions you could delete various temp files that would speed up a long term save - things such as saved matches and histories could be deleted, however deleting this information would result in you losing the ability to view previous matches and deleting the history will wipe the history of your game (and if done wrong could mess up the remaining history).

Cheers, are you able to do this on the current version?

Archived