Recommend me a League Two club...

MK Dons are a very good side.

Just got them promoted to the Premier league after straight league titles in the previous 3 years. None of the origional players are left playing for me.

Left them with 5 matches to go as Aston Villa offered me a job and MK Dons budget can't match theirs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:

Darlington. Not sure about money but they have a few decent players and a 25000 seater stadium aswell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

silly stadium size really. Only about 100,000 people live in darlington.. and they go and buy a stadium that will get up to quarter of the city to watch them play. There average attendance is not even 5000!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:

Darlington. Not sure about money but they have a few decent players and a 25000 seater stadium aswell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

silly stadium size really. Only about 100,000 people live in darlington.. and they go and buy a stadium that will get up to quarter of the city to watch them play. There average attendance is not even 5000!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our chairman at the time was trying to get us Premiership football within a number of years IIRC, he couldnt provide money for decent players for it to happen. Then at the end of the year we were in administration.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

silly stadium size really. Only about 100,000 people live in darlington.. and they go and buy a stadium that will get up to quarter of the city to watch them play. There average attendance is not even 5000!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our chairman at the time was trying to get us Premiership football within a number of years IIRC, he couldnt provide money for decent players for it to happen. Then at the end of the year we were in administration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

still cant sign decent players... you bought rob purdie from us (hereford). and then we go beat you 5 - 1 :p

I'm currently Chester in 3rd season and 4th in the league. I've finished 14th and 13th and got to the 3rd round of the cup 2 seasons running losing to Newcastle and Man City each time.

I've bought some half-decent players from Eastern Europe but my chairman likes to sell them when we get a bid over 250k. I'm also putting together a fine collection of Scottish youth players.

One annoying aspect of managing Chester is that every year I stack up a wedge of cash to spend and then my board offers me 0k transfer kitty each time. In the end I delayed 3 sales this season over the start of the new season so that I got the cash after the negotiation. Hence my uplift in league position!

I'd recommend MK Dons. I'm plying as them now and I'm loving it. The squad is easily good enough to get you promoted in the first season, but I got rid of the vast majority of my first team players after promotion because they aren't good enough. Sadly, as I offered my players a high league bonus, I buggered up my finances so I ended up with no money to spend so my first season in League One, so it has been a struggle.

i like to get the former league 1 or 2 teams out of the conference whether its north,south or prem and get them back where they should be! good fun and a challenge but if your def wanting to go league 2 maybe mansfield or mk dons. both ok

Our chairman at the time was trying to get us Premiership football within a number of years IIRC, he couldnt provide money for decent players for it to happen. Then at the end of the year we were in administration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember him parading Asprilla round the pitch.

Archived