I may live to regret this...

Started a career game with me as unemployed to begin with, Welling offered me a contract and i managed to negotiate a £500p/w for 3 years. Anyway I got into the playoffs first season in the BSS but failed to get promoted.

Second season I got promoted as champions of the BSS and then got a contract extension offer as I was coming into the last year of my contract. However I decided to reject it as they were offering me a 3 year contract at the same wage I'd been recieving for the previous seasons and they wouldn't budge (secretly hoping that they'd decide I was worth the extra cash at the end of the season).

So third season numerous job links to clubs in higher leagues and a 6th place finish in my first season in the BSP, surely that has got to be worth a pay rise? last two months of my contract involve numerous negotiations between myself and the club and all I manage to squeeze out of them is a pathetic £50p/w rise in wages. Was getting to the stage of conceding to the board when I am linked to the Southampton job who have just sacked Pardew on their relegation back to League 1.

I decide to apply and see what happens (still about a month to go on my Welling contract). needless to say I hear nothing and am sweating on the last day of my contract when i have the final offer from another round of negotiations with the board (£50p/w rise still). I have an idea in my head that southampton must be waiting for my existing contract to expire first, so I reject and end up leaving the club when my contract expires. Only for Southampton to decide i'm not good enough on the day I've been released and hire sombody else :x

So currently holidaying with apply for all jobs ticked and wondering what sort of jobs I can expect and what leagues? Sometimes you don't know whether to laugh or just cry :(

Ignore other comments, you are playing as close to real life as possible and that's not a bad thing. Only problem with this is that the game is unable to recognise this and for some reason if you chose automatic on your initial profile or anything less than former International then chances are you'll be holidaying a long, long time. Its a shame, I really wish this issue was fixed as it demoralises a lot of players but will probably have to wait till Fm11.

Partly agree with the building up of reputation however the game resets at end of season so even if your rep is really high it goes back to a lesser level at the start of the next season. So that part clearly needs looking at.

The job thing I think is part of this, the game sees you as a candidate because of your success but once you're unemployed it forgets that success as it doesnt link you to the club and so you're a no-one. Bit of a problem because think that IRL ppl like Martin O'Neil, Darren Ferguson and John Gregory all started off this way and apart from one exception look where they are now.

i disagree ive had rep build up then at the end of the season it hasnt fallen back down,

the linking with clubs things happens IRL you do well your linked with a club but chances are they wont offfer you the job you need to just be realistic in which clubs you would think would actually offer you the job, for example

MO'N took Wycome to 2 successive promotions before getting a job higher up

Darrenb ferguson did the same

John Gregory seems to be the odd one out jumping from wycome to villa

Which proves its possible to be done however the game doesnt see that. As for the rep issue, see if you can get a top job which you would get at end of season by beginning of next season. Chances are it wont work, the rep does lower maybe in your case not a massive amount but it does lower.

Seems pretty realistic tbh. Money means a lot to lower clubs, you did well but you were hardly prolific, obviously they didn't think you were worth the extra £200 a month. Wouldn't trust a media rumour, they're mostly made up to fill inches. Younger up and coming managers get linked with league jobs a lot, but then they tend to go for experience, yo'll be lucky to find someone who'll give you a chance. Should have stuck with them and got them league football, then you'd get noticed.

It's all alright in the end 16/11/2012 get an offer from Oxford who got promoted the season before from the BSP as clear winners with 108points. So I do manage to jump up a step :D and they're sat in 12th in league 2 :D

Are Oxford considered to be struggling??

Hmm I wouldn't say so there manager left to join Brighton so wasn't sacked, there sat in 12th and predicted to finish 14th. The board want safe mid-table.

I'm pretty happy 3 year contract at £700p/w. Now just to go raid my old club for certain players and hire my old staff and we're off lol

Archived