I wuv my board.

As the title states, I hear a lot about people having their chairmen sell players over their head ridiculously, but never the other side of the story, which is what I have.

I am BK Forward, a pretty unkown Swedish club. In five seasons I've brought them from the third league of Sweden to the first, not that much of an achievement considering half the team are still with me, Forward had some pretty awesome youngsters, and they've really matured, it's been beautiful to watch.

But of course, brilliant youngsters have a habit of being snapped up by bigger clubs, often for HUGE prices. I'm of course worried about this (who wouldn't be?) and when the offers started coming in for some of the better young 'uns I was worried that my board would accept that rather large offers.

BK Forward had very little money when I took over, through luck and general improvement over time that has increased to nearly one million. An offer of 500k would increase that by half, a sizeable amount, and this is exactly the offer that I have recieved for two of my youngsters, a brilliant goal keeper and an explosive striker.

To my delight, the board have left it up to me, which made me think back throughout the years. They've always offered me a contract asap, always given me reasonable transfer amounts even when our finances were in a bad shape and never sold a player over my head, they're perfect, giving me complete control over the team. I sold one of the youngsters, and with the money bought someone even better, and now; the offers are increasing, and I'm not worried one bit.

So yeah, pretty much it, random and without any real point, but just thought I'd spread the love. Congratulations if you read so far, and feel free to share any stories about your board (either bad or good)

As the title states, I hear a lot about people having their chairmen sell players over their head ridiculously, but never the other side of the story, which is what I have.

I am BK Forward, a pretty unkown Swedish club. In five seasons I've brought them from the third league of Sweden to the first, not that much of an achievement considering half the team are still with me, Forward had some pretty awesome youngsters, and they've really matured, it's been beautiful to watch.

But of course, brilliant youngsters have a habit of being snapped up by bigger clubs, often for HUGE prices. I'm of course worried about this (who wouldn't be?) and when the offers started coming in for some of the better young 'uns I was worried that my board would accept that rather large offers.

BK Forward had very little money when I took over, through luck and general improvement over time that has increased to nearly one million. An offer of 500k would increase that by half, a sizeable amount, and this is exactly the offer that I have recieved for two of my youngsters, a brilliant goal keeper and an explosive striker.

To my delight, the board have left it up to me, which made me think back throughout the years. They've always offered me a contract asap, always given me reasonable transfer amounts even when our finances were in a bad shape and never sold a player over my head, they're perfect, giving me complete control over the team. I sold one of the youngsters, and with the money bought someone even better, and now; the offers are increasing, and I'm not worried one bit.

So yeah, pretty much it, random and without any real point, but just thought I'd spread the love. Congratulations if you read so far, and feel free to share any stories about your board (either bad or good)

My board gives me high expectations (win the league), and low wages and transfer money (though money I won't use, and I always allocate them to wage budget). I do meet their expectations so I guess all is good. They haven't intervened on a transfer...yet. So basically I don't love my board but I don't hate them.

My board gets a sick pleasure from selling players over my head icon_rolleyes.gif

I bought myself a teen prodigy from Argentina for a bargain basement price of 70k, then one season later they took it upon themselves to accept an offer from Man City of 360k as it was 'too good to refuse'. Of course another two seasons on he's now one of the worlds top left backs who you couldn't buy for anything less than 30 mil...

Nice to hear you have a reasonable board though. icon_cool.gif

Archived