Version : FM09 gazwefc Official Season 09-10 Update

Database size : Large

Leagues loaded :

• England (League 2 and above)
  • France (Ligue 2 and above)
  • Germany (2. Bundesliga and above)
  • Italy (Serie B and above)
  • Ireland (Eircom Premier League Only)
  • Northern Ireland (IFA Premiership Only)
  • Australia (A-League only)
  • Scotland (SPL only)
  • Spain (Liga Adelante and above)

Previous experience : Semi-Professional Footballer

Welcome to my first every journeyman career save. I’ve been wanting to do one of these for some time now, but each time I’ve started and found that I haven’t loaded the right leagues, or that I’ve got bored too easily! This time, I’m determined to stick with it, through thick and thin. I’m starting as an unemployed manager and applying to every single job that becomes available, so I should be in work fairly soon.

And so the fun begins!

Well after holidaying through the first few months of the season and getting rejected by clubs such as Millwall and MK Dons, I was offered this job, and jumped at the chance (Profile & Club Background)

ClubLogo.jpg

After 11 games, Hereford are sitting in 21st place in League 2. Yet I honestly cannot understand why! They have a squad that is well capable of a top half finish, yet they have just 9 points from 11 games. The first challenge is to try and boost morale, which is extremely low, and then to pick up points on a regular basis to try and steer us clear of trouble.

Hereford's badge has a cow on it?! Brilliant. Good luck Hamilton, I shall be following

Thanks iacovone, it really is an adventure into the unknown, so who knows what could happen!

In my tired state i thought it was a sheep, not a cow :o Now i've got to try and come up with another witty thread title!

Thanks iacovone, it really is an adventure into the unknown, so who knows what could happen!

In my tired state i thought it was a sheep, not a cow :o Now i've got to try and come up with another witty thread title!

Hereford are called the Bulls, my friend. Be a bit weird for the Bulls to have a sheep on their badge! :D

Season 2008/09 : Mid season update

ClubLogo.jpg

League Table/Positions Graph/League Fixtures : We’ve been very inconsistent since I took over. We’ve been scoring plenty of goals, but conceding a fair few too. I’m pleased that we managed to get clear of the relegation places so quickly after I took charge. The next target is to get a respectable mid-table finish come the end of the season.

FA Cup : We’ve exceeded expectations in this so far. The board just wanted us to do our best, but we’ve managed to make it to the 3rd Round after wins against Grimsby and Gillingham, and we will face Walsall for a place in the 4th Round. Walsall are in the league above us, but with our current topsy turvy form we could thrash them, or get thrashed depending on which Hereford team turns up on the day!

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy : I put out a second string to keep them happy and I expected the result that resulted from it. In truth I’m not that bothered, we need to play a few games as possible to try and keep our squad fit!

Transfers : I’m pleased with my additions to the squad, in particular Aaron Doran, Nicky Featherstone and Paul Gerrard, who have been the driving force behind our rise up the table.

Squad : As soon as I took the job I suddenly realised why Hereford were in 21st place, they had an incredibly injury-prone squad! After 3 weeks, I had no less than 9 players out injured! With a full squad to choose from, we should become more consistent. Bryan Prunty has been the class performer so far, and hopefully he’ll keep banging in the goals in the second half of the season.

Finances : Stable at the moment, although they’re likely to get worse as I’m £3k over the wage budget!

Season 2008/09 : End of Season Update

ClubLogo.jpg

League Table /Positions Graph/League Fixtures/League Fixtures 2: The goals dried up mid-season, so I brought in a few players such as this legend on loan to try and boost our scoring rate. It worked, until Doran and Featherstone returned to Blackburn and Hull respectively, and then the goals dried up again, causing us to fall down to 12th overall. But it was a decent season considering the position that we found ourselves in when I took over in mid October.

FA Cup: There was to be no fairytale ending to our FA Cup run, dumped out at the Bescott Stadium by Walsall, and deservedly so. We just couldn’t create enough chances, and when we did create an opening we couldn’t apply the finish.

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy: Out to my hometown team Wycombe in the Area Quarter Final, in truth I’m not that bothered about this competition.

Transfers: I had to rely on shrewd loan signings to try and put together a competitive squad. Davies and Potts did well, but with at least 2 players injured at every point in the season, I was forced to bring in more loans than I would have liked. We really need to strengthen this summer, otherwise I think I may walk away as this team needs a complete overhaul in order to be able to challenge for promotion

Squad: Thanks to the loans, our squad was pretty solid all season long, but we never really produced anything spectacular as I had to rotate a lot due to injuries. The base squad is there, but I need a clearout in the summer and a bigger wage budget next season, otherwise I fear that we won’t be able to progress further than mid-table in League 2.

Finances: I was at least £1.5k over the wage budget at every point this season. I had it under control until I decided to bring in a few loans. The £69k payment for finishing in 12th place has salvaged the finances for the moment, but I can see myself walking away fairly soon as the club doesn't seem to have a stable financial base which is needed for rapid progression.

Speaking of walking away from Edgar Street, there were rumours going round that Darlington and Bury may be looking for new managers in the summer, and as my own job is classed as insecure, I feel that I won’t be at Hereford come next May.

A good first season hamilton and well clear of relegation :thup:. You made some shrewd signings there especially on loan. Are there any of them that you're thinking of bringing in on a permanent basis should you stay at Hereford?

A good first season hamilton and well clear of relegation :thup:. You made some shrewd signings there especially on loan. Are there any of them that you're thinking of bringing in on a permanent basis should you stay at Hereford?

Not really, most of them have contracts until 2010 and further, so not much chance of them coming in on a permanent basis. Potts is on loan for 12 months, and will be with us until next January, which should reap rewards having given him a few months to settle in.

I'm going to be relying on free transfers this summer, but i can't see myself being here too much longer so there's no real rush to try and assemble a title challenging squad as the financial side of things isn't very stable at all.

How is your job status insecure? Seems very harsh. Good to see you bring Potts back into this game! :D. Very good first season:thup:

Well i finished above the predicted finish by the media, but we've taken some real hammerings in the last few weeks and months of the season which wouldn't have helped. It doesn't concern me too much as i'm not going to be here for much longer i wouldn't have thought.

As soon as i arrived, i looked to bring Potts in on loan purely because of what he did at FC United under my management. 12 goals in 18 appearances is a brilliant strike rate for a 17 year old, especially as those were his first 18 competitive appearances. As he's on loan until next January, i'm hoping that he can continue to score at this rate having had plenty of time to settle in.

Hereford United F.C.

ClubLogo.jpg

Season 2009/10: Preview

League expectation

---------------------

League Two : Board Expectation - Top Half Finish

Media Prediction - 16th

Cup expectations

-------------------

FA Cup : 2nd Round

JPT : 1st Round

Carling Cup : 1st Round

Transfer budget : £5k

Wage budget : £16,250 p/w

Current wage bill : £13,446 p/w

Pre-season transfers

Pre-season squad

After comfortable avoiding relegation last season, but being somewhat inconsistent, I decided that with a few improvements that the team was capable of a comfortable top half finish again this season. And I’ve certainly brought in some good players that should help us to achieve this. Alex McCarthy should provide Gerrard with some competition for the keepers jersey, Gavin Whelan should make the right wing spot his own, and will hopefully form a good partnership with new right back Eric Paton, and Mamadou Seck should help to steady the leaky back 4. There will be more signings on the way no doubt, thanks to the higher wage budget that I’ve been given this season.

Just before the transfer window opened, this offer came into my inbox. I’ve delayed it for a week, and will probably reject it when the chairman brings it back up, but the bigger wage budget has forced me to rethink my decision about finding another job. I’m still swaying towards leaving Hereford within the next 12 months, and the bigger wage budget will be help to attract better players and to thus push up my reputation if we start the season well.

• 4 weeks later...

As you may have gathered from my previous posts, i enjoyed my time at Hereford but i felt that i needed to make a move away from the Bulls in order to further my career. I'd been eyeing up jobs in Spain, France and Italy for a few months but to no avail.

Rumours such as this started circulating and then this offer came into my inbox, and i jumped at the chance, resigning from Hereford immediately.

Glentoran.gif

It may not have been the job in a major country that i was hoping for, but Glentoran do have a good squad, a good club background and are sitting in 2nd place in the JJB Sports Premier League. Their finances are also very healthy, with over £800k in the bank and i feel that i can do a good job with them. The best of the players are definately Michael Halliday and Paul Leeman, who are the kind of players that the squad at Hereford was lacking. The board have high expectations, but with this squad i feel that we can fulfil them.

So, here goes my first forray into Northern Ireland on any FM game! I wonder what twists and turns are in store for me...

Great move hamilton :thup:. I loved playing in Northern Ireland on one of my saves (Lurgan Celtic) and found it to be a great league with lots of potentially good players. You're right in that Michael Halliday is one of the best players. He always scored against me :(.

I think they have a good youth system there too so maybe you'll have another Bernard Brennan on your books soon! :)

Archived