Patch 10.3 Most Improved players?

Tav

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You work for SI and you accuse SFraser of lacking substance!!??? :eek::eek:

Nip over to the Tactics & Training forum and see if you still sustain your opinion.

Ok then clever cloggs. You tell me what the post I referred to meant?

It sounded clever but added nothing.Don't try and suggest my comments were personal, I was referring to the post, Not the person.

Are you his mum or something?

The difference should be more notable though, like it is irl.

I'd say that the game has the difference about right for when they are both on form.

Clichy is playing terribly at the moment, but I doubt he has lost his ability, it's just a terrible slump in form. The guy on his day is a first class left back, and when at the top of his game would push Evra all the way for a spot in any team (not saying he'd win, but he's damn close).

I agree, on current form he is well behind the others, however there's no reason to think this is anything more than that. Form. He's not even at an age where one should consider him to have peaked yet (being 5 years younger than both Cole and Evra), so to think that he's declining in quality as a player already would be a little hasty. He's had injury problems this season and hasn't played as much as we'd have liked him to. He's been bad. I won't defend that. However he's only actually played about 15 Premier League games this season, so it'd be a tad hasty to say he's lost it.

If he plays every game till the end of the season this badly, you'd find no opposition here as to lowering his stats, but it just seems too knee jerk to me. Like all the people crying about how Nani needs improving. I think Valencia needs improving more than Nani.

pace, he was poor last season too

remember the 4-4 with tottenham? (stands out to me as one of his poor games)

he has a recurring back injury too, gibbs may be our lb next year as i can see wenger getting good money for clichy

He wasn't great last year, but he wasn't as bad as he's been this season.

I really don't think Gibbs is anywhere close to being ready, I think we're better off giving him first team experience playing on the left side of midfield too, as quite frankly, I'd worry more with him at left back than Clichy.

Tom Cairney needs a boost.
Hull City Midfielder Tom Cairney needs upgrading. He has gone from just a random youth player to an important first team player for us.

What these guys said. Though maybe with a low consistency rating but high important matches!

I think that too many people are getting carried away with this topic, as much as I sometimes hate the fact that Palacios, Kevin Doyle and Cristian Benitez always score on me and I tend to think that there stats should be dropped and players like Bent and Defoe should be improved but I am realistic and realize that the researchers are going on CA and PA for what they perceive to be accurate at the time i.e Rooney at the time of the games production was not nowhere near the player he is at present so his stats ingame reflect this, people can't be too angered and upset at the ratings of players abilities or you wouldn't purchase the game and if you are then SI provide an editor with the game for you to adjust the stats as you please

there is a lot of factors to be considered when assigning attributes too i.e Dirk Kuyt as bad as he may seem to some supporters who say his finishing should be 5 because he doesnt score much goals have to realize that his finishing is probably as good as Berbatovs or Anelkas but it is the other factors such as pace, composure strength etc that makes the difference in them scoring more IRL, the fact is that if you actually assessed every player in accordance to the stats in-game im pretty sure they are quite accurate and on the debate over Rooney Vs Tevez, Rooney always out scores, assists and out performs Tevez on any of my saves but again im sure that if you asked them both to have 10 shots, 10 passes, 10 crosses or whatever the stats assigned in-game would again be pretty accurate

and oh yeah at £40 or whatever price you paid for the game you are looking for miracles, have any of you ever got as much use or enjoyment for £40???(not including paying that money down Kings Cross obviously)

Boby for England :)

i take it you mean bobby zamora?

in which case.. he needs to get past heskey, cole, crouch and bent first...

not likely tbh...

walcotts got a better chance of getting on the plane... as well as gabby

i reckon id put beattie on the plane before zamora aswell tbh.... zamora is a great striker but he doesnt bring anything new to the table that cole cant bring and improve on

fletcher - definitely underrated, watch his performance with Man U nowadays

valencia

rooney - less long shots, more penalty, heading, and finishing

vermaelen

diaby

gomes - overrated

crouch - overrated

evra - there is no way he is worse than Clichy, so its either put him Up or put clichy down

Pedro - underrated

Fletcher attributes are perfect IMO, they couldn't get it more right.

fletcher is probably the one player Id have no worries about in the present database :)

vemaelen hasnt proven anything defensively as far as im concerned...

diaby definately needs uprating slightly

gomes is fine as he is imo... in the top 6-8 in the prem imo

crouch is slightly overrated

evra is perfect as he is... clichy isnt..

obviously the likes of pedro , lukaku , falcao and co who have come to the fore this season need updating

i take it you mean bobby zamora?

in which case.. he needs to get past heskey, cole, crouch and bent first...

not likely tbh...

walcotts got a better chance of getting on the plane... as well as gabby

i reckon id put beattie on the plane before zamora aswell tbh.... zamora is a great striker but he doesnt bring anything new to the table that cole cant bring and improve on

there is big push to see zamora in the next england squad ............dont think he is good enough but think fabio will take a look...why not;)

it might just be me but who is cole?????

Carlton Cole, West Ham.

yeah ...........i had a shocker there..........remembered as soon as i posted:p

can see zamora getting a go against egypt..............there is a much of a muchness up front outside of rooney we will struggle

there will be a surprise form player make the plane..............my shout is danny murphy has been outstanding this season:thup:

Archived