Patch 10.3 Most Improved players?

Tav

Far from true. In cases like the one above there are clear lines of comparison. I am not going to make myself look foolish in an attempt to argue these lines of comparison with you, and I am not going to waste my time attempting to explain them. The issues of comparison in relation to key, relevant attributes require no "opinion", arguement nor discussion.

It is Carlos Tevez versus Cristiano Ronaldo. There are no "opinions" as to Professionalism and Controversy.

I am neither a moderator of the SI official website nor a "researcher" that follows one single team to each of the stadia they play at. There are crystal clear misrepresentations of both visible but most especially "hidden" attributes and I am not going to sit here and explain to you the real differences in Professionalism, Consistency and Controversy between Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez. If you cannot see it for yourself, then what point is there in me attempting to explain it to you?

If researchers are overseen only by their own opinions, moderators play the "internet subjectivity" card and SI have no oversight procedures then the single most crucial element in the game outside of the fundamental game code is at the mercy of fanboyism.

All you have done is prove it. No one here requires either evidence nor a debate on the Professionalism and Controversy and Consistency of Cristiano Ronaldo versus Carlos Tevez. It is not a "matter of opinion". It is a matter of fact.

Do you pay absolutely no attention to real life football or what?

Of course those attributes are matters of opinion.

For example, one fan may think that Tevez played quite well despite not scoring in eight of 25 matches, as well as having stormers in 7 matches, scoring 5 goals. Another fan may think the goals were sole positives in dire performances and his performances when he didn't score were shambolic. Those opinions would massively affect the consistency score each fan would award.

Tevez, more controversial than Ronaldo? Diving, whining, winking, I-want-to-go-to-Madrid Ronaldo? Tevez has never done anything that compares to Ronaldo's antics. He responded to an attack on his ability from Gary Neville badly, yes, and there was that "I want to retire" episode, but compared to Ronaldo, he is not that controversial. The whole West Ham shambles shouldn't count against him as it wasn't his character. Yes, Tevez's controversy rating could probably do with an increase, but at the time he was rated, his current rating would have seemed about right.

Pretty much the same applies with professionalism. So, Tevez is only one point less than Ronaldo. Big deal, they're both very professional.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can not understand this at all. This goes to every Utd. match is not an appropriate excuse for overrating/underrating players. If anyone who watches the every match is successful for rating players, from now on we should not accuse any Premier League managers. Yet they are managers and they have licences and other staff and they can make mistakes, any researcher can make lots of mistakes.

Tevez and Rooney are different types. I agree on creativity but Tevez anticipates better I guess.

Somebody who goes to every match, has a history of being accurate to a tee, impartiality, and such, is in a better position to judge a player than somebody who doesn't and is obviously biased in his opinions.

Yes yes, every single player in the ELP is under-rated and every player in the EPL is the best player in the world for their position.

That is however, until a random player from a league outside of EPL (who was completely unknown to even teams in his own league) is suddenly transformed from an average footballer into a world class player meerly because he signed a contract with one of the EPL sides.

Quite a number of players like this come to mind. (Diamanti, Aquilani, Drogba - yes Drogba, and other overrated old strikers (Carew etc etc))

There are actual World Class players outside of the EPL and I am sure they would eat up the vast majority of players in the EPL, including the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard and Gerrard who wouldn't even get a game outside of their own countries. :rolleyes: People always wonder why England fail at an international level, scratching their heads at the players on paper, not performing on the huge stage - hell not even qualifying for the major tournament half the time. Then you look at the World Cup winners, runners up and top performers and its surprise surprise, a team where 98% of them play in Serie A, Spain or Germany.

Thats because you can't win a World Cup with reputation, hype and marketing and oil money...

If FM actually realistically showed every single player in the World for what their really are, half of the players in Italy and Germany would be buffed and there would be a tonne of EPL fans crying that their Lampards, Gerrards and Drogbas have technique no more than 12.

My apologies if this offended anyone. :p:D

Eh?

Diamanti is far from world class in the game. Aqualini has not been rated since he joined Liverpool, and was always a quality midfielder in game. Drogba? Rated highly while he was at Marseille, took several years to be rated much higher after he moved.

You really think that Gerrard, Lampard and Drogba are that average? All three have performed at the highest level, the Champions League. Furthermore, the players in Italy are very highly rated as it is- the average CA for most Italian teams is higher than its equivalent in England, despite the fact that English sides consistently out perform Italian sides.

There isn't a team outside of England who wouldn't take Terry and Ferdinand as their centre backs in a heartbeat. Maybe, maybe, Barcelona would play Puyol ahead of Terry.

Gerrard and Lampard, again, I think both would get in nearly every team in the world, maybe not Barcelona, and Lampard might not get in at Real Madrid.

Since 1990, we have qualified for four world cups (1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010) and four European Championships (1992, 1996, 2000, 2004). We've missed two competitions, which is 1/5, not 1/2. To be honest, I don't think many people scratch their heads, I think most people know that tactical reasons are a major part behind our inability to get to semi-finals (though we've still been in the top eight at the past two World Cups.

Again, don't let that get in the way of a rant.

Controversy doesn't mean diving, winking, headbuts, punches, tantrums on the pitch.

Controversy means comments to the media.

A lack of Sportsmanship means diving, winking, tantrums. A lack of Temperament means headbuts, punches, career ending tackles etc.

Professionalism goes both ways. It controls both on-pitch and off-pitch behaviour and is modified by other on-pitch or off-pitch attributes.

While Tevez is a saint off the pitch in FM10 and occasionally loses his cool on-the-pitch, Ronaldo is a child both on the pitch and off it.

I don't know why you are defending this. It is like saying the central CCC issue is a matter of opinion.

Somebody who goes to every match, has a history of being accurate to a tee, impartiality, and such, is in a better position to judge a player than somebody who doesn't and is obviously biased in his opinions.

There are several obvious flaws in your reasoning. See if you can spot them.

I'll give you a hint, it starts with "someone that goes to every match".

EDIT:

Your last post makes a lot of sense and a lot of good points. I hope you can maintain some Consistency.

Controversy doesn't mean diving, winking, headbuts, punches, tantrums on the pitch.

Controversy means comments to the media.

A lack of Sportsmanship means diving, winking, tantrums. A lack of Temperament means headbuts, punches, career ending tackles etc.

Professionalism goes both ways. It controls both on-pitch and off-pitch behaviour and is modified by other on-pitch or off-pitch attributes.

While Tevez is a saint off the pitch in FM10 and occasionally loses his cool on-the-pitch, Ronaldo is a child both on the pitch and off it.

I don't know why you are defending this. It is like saying the central CCC issue is a matter of opinion.

You're right, controversy is just for off the pitch issues (though not necessarily just to the media).

Ronaldo, in game, is very, very good at dealing with pressure, extremely ambitious, adaptable and professional, controversial, unsporting, slightly loyal, and has average control of his temper.

Tevez is as adaptable and ambitious as Ronaldo, slightly better at dealing with pressure, not as loyal, not as professional, not as controversial, more sporting and has better control of his temper. Where's the issue?

There are several obvious flaws in your reasoning. See if you can spot them.

I'll give you a hint, it starts with "someone that goes to every match".

Nick does go to every match :confused: There's no flaw there at all.

You're right, controversy is just for off the pitch issues (though not necessarily just to the media).

Ronaldo, in game, is very, very good at dealing with pressure, extremely ambitious, adaptable and professional, controversial, unsporting, slightly loyal, and has average control of his temper.

Tevez is as adaptable and ambitious as Ronaldo, slightly better at dealing with pressure, not as loyal, not as professional, not as controversial, more sporting and has better control of his temper. Where's the issue?

The issue is that, in the game, Tevez is one of the smartest players in the world and occupying a niche between Rooney and Torres with key visible attributes superior to both.

In terms of Hidden Attributes, Tevez has a higher Consistency than Rooney and an equal Consistency to Ronaldo and Torres (eh?). He handles Pressure better than Rooney, Ronaldo or Torres. He has higher Professionalism than Rooney, Ronaldo or Torres. He is less Controversial than Rooney or Ronaldo and as Controversial as Torres.

Etc. etc. ad nauseum.

The performances of Tevez over the course of a season in terms of goals and assists in the PL prove there is something amiss with his visible attributes.

His hidden mental attributes do not need proof because they are so badly disjointed from real life.

There are no questions regarding the professionalism, consistency, controversy of any of these players, except Tevez because he is rated equal or higher to players that have shown the exact opposite of his disrespectful and inconsistent and unprofessional behaviour.

I am not asking you to accept an opinion. I am asking you to look at what the involved players have said and done and then said and then done.

All that matters is how accurately FM defines players. Nothing else matters. I most certainly do not want to play a game hugely biased in favour of the team I support, and I most certainly would not take on the challenge of that team directly in FM10 if I wanted my opinion to be the be-all and end-all.

That said, there is no opinion in these issues. These are not questions of subtle improvements, these are unacceptable/unexplainable gigantic failures of even the slightest arguable comprehension of reality.

Nick does go to every match :confused: There's no flaw there at all.

SCIAG I know you are not that stupid, so in respect of that fact I am going to have to say that your arguing skills are pathetic.

Someone that follows X team to every game they play without being paid for it is obviously as baised an individual you can find, and obviously can only see a tiny fraction of the game in any detail throughout the entire 90 minutes. Assuming they can see any detail at all.

Referees don't pay to referee matches and they don't sit in the stand. That doesn't stop them being biased and stupid but it gives them a huge advantage if they want to be correct.

What's the point in this line of arguement?

SCIAG I know you are not that stupid, so in respect of that fact I am going to have to say that your arguing skills are pathetic.

Someone that follows X team to every game they play without being paid for it is obviously as baised an individual you can find, and obviously can only see a tiny fraction of the game in any detail throughout the entire 90 minutes. Assuming they can see any detail at all.

Referees don't pay to referee matches and they don't sit in the stand. That doesn't stop them being biased and stupid but it gives them a huge advantage if they want to be correct.

What's the point in this line of arguement?

They then watch replays of the match afterwards. They're researchers and therefore... they research! It's a lot more in-depth than you make out.

Nick will of course be somewhat biased but he will be much more informed about Manchester United than most.

I personally would prefer the researcher for a club to be an informed fanatic rather than an uninformed unbiased fan personally.

I would rather the hugely game affecting errors in certain players were fixed rather than have to argue over the undefinable and unprovable perfect and identical level of bias and observation every single researcher of every single club has.

"Nick" might be totally accurate in every detail, but if someone screws up Tevez in a hugely excessive and positive way then it directly affects everyone playing in the Premier League, or the top leagues in Europe.

All that "theory" aside, it is entireally obvious to most people that most of Tevez's attributes are over-powered.

Personally I would say that his Anticipation is rediculously high while his Strength is criminally low. Most of his "hidden attributes" are a complete joke but not many people both with those...

I would rather the hugely game affecting errors in certain players were fixed rather than have to argue over the undefinable and unprovable perfect and identical level of bias and observation every single researcher of every single club has.

"Nick" might be totally accurate in every detail, but if someone screws up Tevez in a hugely excessive and positive way then it directly affects everyone playing in the Premier League, or the top leagues in Europe.

All that "theory" aside, it is entireally obvious to most people that most of Tevez's attributes are over-powered.

Personally I would say that his Anticipation is rediculously high while his Strength is criminally low. Most of his "hidden attributes" are a complete joke but not many people both with those...

It's relevant because Nick likely is able to see a lot more into Manchester United's (former) players on the pitch. He is a lot more informed than the rest of us.

It's relevant because Nick likely is able to see a lot more into Manchester United's (former) players on the pitch. He is a lot more informed than the rest of us.

We are not debating "Nick" and his godlike knowledge of football as worshipped by off-topic-fans of this website, we are debating accuracy.

Are Manchester United as a team, or Manchester United players, or Manchester United ex-players accurate in FM10?

Have they ever been accurate?

Who is overseeing this stuff? The EPL has been completely unrealistic for years.

We are not debating "Nick" and his godlike knowledge of football as worshipped by off-topic-fans of this website, we are debating accuracy.

Are Manchester United as a team, or Manchester United players, or Manchester United ex-players accurate in FM10?

Who is overseeing this stuff? The EPL has been completely unrealistic for years.

... Nick?

Which is why we're talking about him?

... Nick?

Which is why we're talking about him?

As I said before, I would rather "in your face unescapable player inaccuracy" affecting everyone with the EPL active was fixed, rather than debate why researchers visiting every stadium their team plays at might be biased and might not be seeing very much.

If "Nick" is responsible for overseeing what "Nick" thinks of players and it is up to "Nick" whether other opinions are accurate then it is not only obvious why we have errors, but it also obvious why they do not get picked up.

Is it just me or has anyone else spotted that the EPL is the most inaccurate of the top European leagues in all recent versions of FM?

That is before the whole Tevez debate is considered.

No one else seeing that? Just me?

Chong Yong Lee from Bolton. He has been on fire this season and close to their best player every match. He should get improved enough to see him become a solid starter for Bolton at least.

Chu Young Park is also on fire for AS Monaco, scoring goals left right and centre.

Ji Sung Park should definately lose some stats as he has been terrible this season for the Mancs...

Yes I am Korean.

I'd also like to see some improvements for Joe Hart and Kyeriakos (sp).

Sorry to butt in here, but what is "completely unrealistic" about EPL players?

You make it sound like everything is way off the mark.

I don't usually come into GD but once I come in, I have to see a big cringeworthy poster like SFraser. Guess I should keep off it.

Keep your rose-tinted glasses off please.

You have to realise this game is done by programming and coding. Researchers themselves have acknowledged that there are many flaws within which are limitations of the game, and they cannot do anything about it. For example, C Ronaldo was given a CA of 190, or something similar. But due to coding restrictions, they cannot give him a higher heading rating because it would unbalance the rest of his attributes, and while his current attributes may not be the most accurate representation of the player himself, it is the best it can be reflected in the match engine and the game.

Furthermore, Wayne Rooney has always outperformed Tevez in whatever save game I have (I always manage neither Man Utd or Man City) with higher goals and ratings, despite the fact that you claim his "attributes make him much inferior to Tevez" so I don't see a big problem there.

I am not saying the researchers are always right, I have disagreed on multiple counts with people like Sheer Class, Nick, Rolfe, PMLF (yes you), etc but I also know respect for their work instead of calling it junk or any other childish names. I also believe it is the best that can be reflected in the match engine, and unlike other past versions, I feel that this version of FM has the least grossly overrated players, and it has been a improvement in some ways, even though a lot in the match engine leaves more to be desired.

Seriously why doesnt everyone stop throwing their toys out their prams and just talk about the topic

I forgot to add to my earlier post:

Ramsey - i think he has really started to prove himself this season and he is under-rated on FM

also Adam Matthews of Cardiff, i believe someone has already mentioned he is attracting the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal (just like ramsey was) and he has a lot of talent and potential

James Milner - Villas best player this season needs a bit of an increase

Diouf at man Utd looks a god prospect

oli johnson? rather downgrade him i think

Reasons for that? Look at his stats. I agree he's not the worlds most profilic striker, but he must have done something right to warrant a move to the team sitting at the top of the league. He's made massive steps since going from Nostell Miners to Stockport, and eventually Norwich.

As I said before, I would rather "in your face unescapable player inaccuracy" affecting everyone with the EPL active was fixed, rather than debate why researchers visiting every stadium their team plays at might be biased and might not be seeing very much.

If "Nick" is responsible for overseeing what "Nick" thinks of players and it is up to "Nick" whether other opinions are accurate then it is not only obvious why we have errors, but it also obvious why they do not get picked up.

Is it just me or has anyone else spotted that the EPL is the most inaccurate of the top European leagues in all recent versions of FM?

:D I'd argue it's Serie A which has most issues in my game as half the youngsters have 0 set as their PA, so the game generates plenty of solid PAs for them.

Manchester United seem accurate to me personally. Nani is unpredictable, Rooney a solid goalscorer who goes on irritating periods of lost form, Berbatov good but difficult to use, Valencia effective if you play him correctly but mark him out and he doesn't work, Fletcher a monster, and so on. The AI Manchester United will begin to gradually get worse without a takeover because of their old players and the debt. The coaching staff and scouts ensure they still sign plenty of solid youngsters and develop them which somewhat compensates for this. The twins get regularly praised by opposition managers wanting to buy them.

Inaccurate? I think they're really accurate. The most inaccurate, to me, is Arsenal and that is because they don't have a mid-season meltdown button - but they are a really good side with money to spend, only that Wenger tends not to buy too many players. The Premier League always plays itself out in a plausible fashion in my game - top four possibly broken by Citeh or Spurs - if not the first season then the second, Liverpool most likely to suffer.

If you actually read the forums properly and appreciated what is posted by others perhaps your understanding might be greater.

Firstly Nick obviously does research the United team and submits his data. This data is then reviewed by the other researchers, same as Nick would review other data. We discuss it and then usually reach a consensus. Supervising all this process are two english head researchers who also join in the reviewing and provide supervision at a strategic level.

We also compare our data to that in other leagues. It is not possible to compare to every league by any means but we do have good input from ARs in Spain, Germany, Holland, Brazil, Italy (a more pleasing recent development) and from Scandinavia.

Your comments about bias are so wide of the mark. Any researcher who was letting their bias run away with them is quickly brought to heel.

Just because you seem to think the data is not what YOU want it to be does not mean that hundreds of researchers are wrong.

What planet are these researchers from? Why are SI not checking this junk before they send it out in a final release?

Most of the researchers come from Mars or Jupiter.

As you know, Mars and Jupiter are big rivals of Uranus from where Rooney comes.

Lukaku and Canales is definitely getting improved..Smalling too..Rooney's heading abilities could be upped a little higher, but the one thg that annoys me most is Tevez's bravery at 20...Come on seriously??

Don't make them get out the 'Tevez diving header to someone's feet to try and block a pass' gif!

Don't make them get out the 'Tevez diving header to someone's feet to try and block a pass' gif!

I've seen that with Rooney, not Tevez..Well I might be mistaken whether Tevez actually did that but I am certain Rooney did that diving thingy..Bravery is one of Rooney's strongest attributes in his game besides work rate in real life, though he has 18 which is good(world class perhaps) but he definitely deserves a 20 when Tevez has 20 as well

I dont see why people say Smalling should be better, he has played like 3 games for Fulham and just because Utd have signed dont mean he is suddenly a top prospect

Why not , Big teams dont just sign rubbish players. Wenger was after him as well remember... Ferguson and Wenger .. is that not enough to get a little increase as a youngster...

smalling will be improved.. but it wont be huge... his potential will be a big rise i imagine..

SAF has said on many an occasion that he was purchased for his pure raw potential..

its a rarity to have a big mobile , strong , intelligent english cb... .. think ferdinand etc....

Dorrans from W.b.a should be given a massive boost if his performances in the middle of the park over the last season or so are to taken into account.... brilliant little player.

Pratley is also premiership quality imo... runs the midfield with ease.

Cardiff as a team need to be improved... they always seem to be underated

same goes from Brum.... criminally underated as a team.. particularly Johnson and Jerome..

Richard Dunne is easily one of the top CB's in the prem.. and has been for years... needs to be improved

Diaby at arsenal is turning into a top player

Saha is also a top striker who's gone unnoticed for too long

Eagles is showing his class

Behrami and Green at west ham... as well as the youngsters.

Dempsey and Hangeland are awesome

Gary Cahill needs a few mental stats increased at least

Rodellega needs big changes.. stats dont reflect him at all.. same for Benitez at brum

Tuncay is better then he is in game

as much as i hate the guy.. jermaine jenas is in fact better then his stats show

Defoe is clearly a top striker

boaz myhill is underated.. and not just because of the last few games...

s.taylor from newcastle is a prem class cb .. and isnt in game..

Of course Smalling has to be increased, before he'd never played for our first team and his stats reflected that currently he is nowhere near the better young centre backs in the league, now he's playing first team football and has played well in limited but tough matches against the likes of Chelsea. Zamora also must be up but his composure and finishing need to be inconsistent whilst his hold up play and dribbling stats need to be increased. Schwarzer should be one of the stronger goalkeepers in the league and very reliable. Lately Hangeland has been crap so maybe a little drop and Konchesky's concentration should plummet to be about 2. Dempsey needs a raise particularly long shots as does Chris Baird. Duff too has been very good but Andy Johnson should get decreased even before his injuries he only really worked hard without end product.

s.taylor from newcastle is a prem class cb .. and isnt in game..

Care to bring these points to the Newcastle United Data Issue's thread for me to look at? As I currently think he's pretty spot on, as do most Newcastle United fans who play FM10.

Care to bring these points to the Newcastle United Data Issue's thread for me to look at? As I currently think he's pretty spot on, as do most Newcastle United fans who play FM10.

I think his CA could be inpoved slightly. Not by much, just a bump in the right direction. His PA's fine though. :)

Wayne Rooney by a mile. Anticipation 14 for Wayne Rooney while Tevez has Anticipation 18 has to be the joke of the season so far for SI.

Yes that is correct. According to SI Carlos Tevez can read the game better than Wayne Rooney.

And apparently he can Cross better.

Tevez reads the game better than Rooney and can deliver better from wide areas. And his Movement and Composure is better.

Tevez, the blinded Rhino, the guy that couldn't spot a forward pass in his entire United career, the guy that gives Rugby Football a new lease of life in English Association Football, is better than Rooney in the hole and at delivering the ball from wide positions.

Hey look, apparently Tevez is better at dribbling than Berbatov. Apparently he anticipates play better than Berbatov. Apparently he is only slightly less Creative with his ball use than Berbatov. Apparently he is only 2 points stronger than Berbatov.

Apparently SI no longer watch football. Apparently their researchers are a joke. Apparently last season didn't happen.

Brilliant post :D

Yes yes, every single player in the ELP is under-rated and every player in the EPL is the best player in the world for their position.

That is however, until a random player from a league outside of EPL (who was completely unknown to even teams in his own league) is suddenly transformed from an average footballer into a world class player meerly because he signed a contract with one of the EPL sides.

Quite a number of players like this come to mind. (Diamanti, Aquilani, Drogba - yes Drogba, and other overrated old strikers (Carew etc etc))

There are actual World Class players outside of the EPL and I am sure they would eat up the vast majority of players in the EPL, including the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard and Gerrard who wouldn't even get a game outside of their own countries. :rolleyes: People always wonder why England fail at an international level, scratching their heads at the players on paper, not performing on the huge stage - hell not even qualifying for the major tournament half the time. Then you look at the World Cup winners, runners up and top performers and its surprise surprise, a team where 98% of them play in Serie A, Spain or Germany.

Thats because you can't win a World Cup with reputation, hype and marketing and oil money...

If FM actually realistically showed every single player in the World for what their really are, half of the players in Italy and Germany would be buffed and there would be a tonne of EPL fans crying that their Lampards, Gerrards and Drogbas have technique no more than 12.

My apologies if this offended anyone. :p:D

Now this post is utter rubish.

You are wrong in so many ways.

So Aquilani wasn't having a brilliant season with Roma before moving to Liverpool for £20 million quid?

Drogba is simply world class and was playing extremly well for Marseille before he moved.

Diamanti is not world class that is why he is playing at a mid table club, so i don't know what you're talking about, the same goes for Carew.

The part about how the likes of Terry, Ferdinand and Gerrard not getting a game outside the EPL is the worst part of it all, first where is the evidence for this? secondly didn't Real Madrid want to buy Steven Gerrard for £50 million quid.

Wayne Rooney by a mile. Anticipation 14 for Wayne Rooney while Tevez has Anticipation 18 has to be the joke of the season so far for SI.

Yes that is correct. According to SI Carlos Tevez can read the game better than Wayne Rooney.

And apparently he can Cross better.

Tevez reads the game better than Rooney and can deliver better from wide areas. And his Movement and Composure is better.

Tevez, the blinded Rhino, the guy that couldn't spot a forward pass in his entire United career, the guy that gives Rugby Football a new lease of life in English Association Football, is better than Rooney in the hole and at delivering the ball from wide positions.

Hey look, apparently Tevez is better at dribbling than Berbatov. Apparently he anticipates play better than Berbatov. Apparently he is only slightly less Creative with his ball use than Berbatov. Apparently he is only 2 points stronger than Berbatov.

Apparently SI no longer watch football. Apparently their researchers are a joke. Apparently last season didn't happen.

sarcasm_detector.jpg

Possibly Valencia who has been brilliant this season. Nani is on the up and up. Saha is playing well.

Archived