Patch 10.3 Most Improved players?

Tav

How can you even compare berba and Tevez??? They are not the same type of players at all!!!

And BTW Berba is one the most creative players in the world. ;)

Shame he only does it once a season though. He might be skillful but he is far from consistent (well apart from being consistently bad anyway). Tevez is proving what a good player that most people know he is apart from the Man Utd fans)

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much the whole Leicester squad.

Seriously underated: Weale, Berner & N'Guessan (potential wise).

underated: Hobbs, Fryatt & Dyer

Overated: DJ Campbell (well he has some good stats anyway), Gradel he is a L1 player at best maybe potential to be good CCC player.

Shame he only does it once a season though. He might be skillful but he is far from consistent (well apart from being consistently bad anyway). Tevez is proving what a good player that most people know he is apart from the Man Utd fans)

I didin't say Tevez is a bad player. He is a good hard-working player. But he is so not Berba's class in terms of real strikers qualities. Even though THB Berba isn't classical type of striker (e.g. Ruud).

Berba doesn't plays in big games, because of 4-5-1 used by SAF. But, when he plays against less quality teams, he shows what he is cababple of. I just think he ins't for EPL. He would suit La Liga perfectly IMO. Because he isn't har-working (what is required in England). But he posses enough of flair and creativity to produce goods in La Liga.

That's just my opinion after all.

as an arsenal fan

id like to see song improved, vermaelen made alot better to at least a 150 ca and diaby could be improved in some instances

clichy has been rubbish so he can come down, sagnas crossing needs to be set at 3

arshavin is good, but only when other creative players are on the pitch, without rvp he looks a shadow of his former self

aluminium can be made worse too, no command of his area and the worst catcher of crosses around

bellamy can get increased as can james milner, probly villas best player this year

i think saha could be made better too, hes a very, very good forward

Yes yes, every single player in the ELP is under-rated and every player in the EPL is the best player in the world for their position.

That is however, until a random player from a league outside of EPL (who was completely unknown to even teams in his own league) is suddenly transformed from an average footballer into a world class player meerly because he signed a contract with one of the EPL sides.

Quite a number of players like this come to mind. (Diamanti, Aquilani, Drogba - yes Drogba, and other overrated old strikers (Carew etc etc))

There are actual World Class players outside of the EPL and I am sure they would eat up the vast majority of players in the EPL, including the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard and Gerrard who wouldn't even get a game outside of their own countries. :rolleyes: People always wonder why England fail at an international level, scratching their heads at the players on paper, not performing on the huge stage - hell not even qualifying for the major tournament half the time. Then you look at the World Cup winners, runners up and top performers and its surprise surprise, a team where 98% of them play in Serie A, Spain or Germany.

Thats because you can't win a World Cup with reputation, hype and marketing and oil money...

If FM actually realistically showed every single player in the World for what their really are, half of the players in Italy and Germany would be buffed and there would be a tonne of EPL fans crying that their Lampards, Gerrards and Drogbas have technique no more than 12.

My apologies if this offended anyone. :p:D

Now that statement is just aload of bollocks

I didin't say Tevez is a bad player. He is a good hard-working player. But he is so not Berba's class in terms of real strikers qualities. Even though THB Berba isn't classical type of striker (e.g. Ruud).

Berba doesn't plays in big games, because of 4-5-1 used by SAF. But, when he plays against less quality teams, he shows what he is cababple of. I just think he ins't for EPL. He would suit La Liga perfectly IMO. Because he isn't har-working (what is required in England). But he posses enough of flair and creativity to produce goods in La Liga.

That's just my opinion after all.

I hear what your saying but you have contradicted yourself here. You say 'But he is so not Berba's class in terms of real strikers qualities. Even though THB Berba isn't classical type of striker (e.g. Ruud).' What is the job of a real striker? A real striker is someone who scores goals (plain and simple) - that is what Tevez is doing now and was doing at West Ham. Berbatov has scored precious few goals at United and he is not what I call a real striker. Berbatov is a flair player, a luxury player - not a grafter, doesnt battle for the ball or a real striker.

Agree with you that he is not suited to EPL and would do better in La Liga.

tbh I am not a fan of Berbatov (as you can tell) and it is not because I am a Liverpool supporter either. I appreciate great players (like everyone else) but cannot stand lazy players who do not get stuck in or compete for the ball. Unfortunately Berbatov is one of those players. He is undoubtedly skillful but is far from consistent.

Anyway lets leave it at that as this is not what this thread is about.

Dominic Adiyiah should be a -8 or a -9 now, he was best player the U20 WC and AC Milan snapped him up, he has 130 pa on 10.2

errr... i don't get it, is minus numbers meant to be better?:confused: i'm lost cos i'm new to FM (you may notice the username - slip of the keyboard i'm afraid, oh well...:o)

Defiantly N'Zogbia should be improved and have his positions set to accomplished on both wings now, also Rodelaga should have a position to play atticking left as that is where he has played most of the season and settled in well

and for Jason Scotland, i think his finishing should now be a 0 :)

yer im a Wigan fan lol

I hear what your saying but you have contradicted yourself here. You say 'But he is so not Berba's class in terms of real strikers qualities. Even though THB Berba isn't classical type of striker (e.g. Ruud).' What is the job of a real striker? A real striker is someone who scores goals (plain and simple) - that is what Tevez is doing now and was doing at West Ham. Berbatov has scored precious few goals at United and he is not what I call a real striker. Berbatov is a flair player, a luxury player - not a grafter, doesnt battle for the ball or a real striker.

Agree with you that he is not suited to EPL and would do better in La Liga.

tbh I am not a fan of Berbatov (as you can tell) and it is not because I am a Liverpool supporter either. I appreciate great players (like everyone else) but cannot stand lazy players who do not get stuck in or compete for the ball. Unfortunately Berbatov is one of those players. He is undoubtedly skillful but is far from consistent.

Anyway lets leave it at that as this is not what this thread is about.

Yeah, I understand you. But you do know there are various types of strikers nowadys (just as FM suggests :D). So, Berba and Tevez are two completely different type of strikers.

But, on the other side I do understand you English people, you all like team work and work rate to be at max. :) That's why I said he would suit La Liga far more. :)

Back to topic now. : D

Now that statement is just aload of bollocks

I second that.

So you are saying that Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand etc would not get into the top clubs in Spain, Italy or god forbid Germany? or even into the National teams?

What a load of rubbish. Real Madrid, Inter etc etc have long been linked with Gerrard. Ferdinand is probably one of the best defenders in the world. Gerrard when he is fit is one if not the best midfielder in the world and him and Rooney would walk into any national team. Ashley Cole is (much as I hate to say this) one of the top 3 left backs in the world and would walk into any national team.

The German league is crap and the German team is no way as good as they were 5 or 6 years ago.

You cannot compare the German league with Italy, Spain or England - that is obsurd.

Berbatov had (I think) second highest number of assists in the EPL last season.

He's the perfect Deep Lying Forward, and combines brilliantly with Rooney.

I think he is rated accurately in-game, but could probably do with a lower consistency. He works harder than people give him credit for, and his technique is stunning. Also one of the most intelligent players I've seen since Bergkamp.

Honestly, one of the best first touches in the league, too... but people are firmly focussed on how many goals he scores, when his job is to increase creativity of the team (hence the high assist figures he has), and to provide link-up play.

On topic, I agree about Saha. And Kevin Phillips (one of the finest strikers ever to play football!)

Antonio Valencia has impressed this season, Vermaelen (obviously), and I've never really thought that Drogba has been rated as high as he deserves to be.

(oh, and Dirk Kuyt has had a terrific season and shown his quality).

I think he is rated accurately in-game, but could probably do with a lower consistency. He works harder than people give him credit for, and his technique is stunning. Also one of the most intelligent players I've seen since Bergkamp.

Honestly, one of the best first touches in the league, too... but people are firmly focussed on how many goals he scores, when his job is to increase creativity of the team (hence the high assist figures he has), and to provide link-up play.

On topic, I agree about Saha. And Kevin Phillips (one of the finest strikers ever to play football!)

Antonio Valencia has impressed this season, Vermaelen (obviously), and I've never really thought that Drogba has been rated as high as he deserves to be.

Yeah, that sums it up. :thup:

He was 4th in the overall statistics last season of all players in EPL. :thup:

I'm sure I'll get shot down for this, but Rooney really doesn't need improving in my opinion. The guy scores for fun as it is in game, and rather than his current ability having changed, the role he plays for United has changed. You can already set Rooney up to be a 30+ goal a season striker, which is more than adequate.

*incoming storm of United/England fans telling me why he's better than Ronaldo plus Messi multiplied by Villa to the power of Kaka*

James Milner should defineley be increased, Sorenson, Saha, De Laet looks good in the few games he's played, Diaby increased a bit with low consistency, Adam Johnson needs to be improved, Dunne also better than what he is in game currentley, warnock?, N'gog slight increase maybe, Higuain, Pedro from Barcelona masssive increase keeping Henry out the side,

Okaka has a woeful goal scoring record for Roma and shouldn't be improved just because Roy Hodgson took a baffling interest, Dempsey and Zamora probably need small boosts though they've both been quality this season.

his mental stats should increase. team work, work rate, bravery is some of his strong points while in FM he has 9-10 in those stats.

Agree for the last two. But mate, surle Ronaldinho is not back to his best. :confused: He was still a lot better in his prime at Barca.

Have you watched much of AC Milan this season? He really has been incredible this season, especially recently, and at the moment he looks like the best player in the league by quite a distance. I would say from looking at his attributes that jumping, heading, strength, composure, off the ball, teamwork, decisions and finishing should probably be raised by small amounts, along with what are most likely poor hidden stats.

Also on a different note, Henry has looked pretty poor this season, compared with Pedro anyway.

Have you watched much of AC Milan this season? He really has been incredible this season, especially recently, and at the moment he looks like the best player in the league by quite a distance. I would say from looking at his attributes that jumping, heading, strength, composure, off the ball, teamwork, decisions and finishing should probably be raised by small amounts, along with what are most likely poor hidden stats.

Also on a different note, Henry has looked pretty poor this season, compared with Pedro anyway.

I didn't say he hasn't improved him self this season. But, surley he ins't playing like he did in Barca. ;)

Wayne Rooney by a mile. Anticipation 14 for Wayne Rooney while Tevez has Anticipation 18 has to be the joke of the season so far for SI.

Yes that is correct. According to SI Carlos Tevez can read the game better than Wayne Rooney.

And apparently he can Cross better.

Tevez reads the game better than Rooney and can deliver better from wide areas. And his Movement and Composure is better.

Tevez, the blinded Rhino, the guy that couldn't spot a forward pass in his entire United career, the guy that gives Rugby Football a new lease of life in English Association Football, is better than Rooney in the hole and at delivering the ball from wide positions.

Hey look, apparently Tevez is better at dribbling than Berbatov. Apparently he anticipates play better than Berbatov. Apparently he is only slightly less Creative with his ball use than Berbatov. Apparently he is only 2 points stronger than Berbatov.

Apparently SI no longer watch football. Apparently their researchers are a joke. Apparently last season didn't happen.

Agree, Tevez is the most overrated plyer in this game.

I didn't say he hasn't improved him self this season. But, surley he ins't playing like he did in Barca. ;)

Well I think he is. Not any better, but no worse. If he was around 190 CA a couple of years ago, then he should be at least 185 CA right now.

(Btw the CAs are guesses, no idea what they were or are).

Still a bit sour that Tevez is playing so well for the Sky Blues?

The Sky Blues fan rating on the Sky Sports website for Tevez is 6.3. What is his average rating for 2009/10 in your save?

The issues are the huge misjudgements in player attributes. A single spurt of good form in 22 months only adds weight to the arguement.

Carlos Tevez compared to Wayne Rooney has the following:

Superior Anticipation.

Superior Composure.

Superior Concentration.

Slightly Inferior Vision.

Almost Identical Passing.

Equal Off The Ball Movement.

Equal Crossing.

1 point Inferior First Touch.

Higher Agility.

Equal Balance.

Less Strength.

Superior Consistency.

Superior Pressure.

Superior Professionalism.

Superior Sportsmanship.

Superior Temperament.

Less Controversy.

Let's put it another way shall we?

Carlos Tevez compared to Fernando Torres has the following:

Similar Strength.

Similar Balance.

Equal Agility.

Better Aggression.

Better Anticipation.

Similar Composure.

Better Concentration.

Similar Creativity.

Equal Decisions.

Better Off the Ball Movement.

Superior Teamwork.

Similar Workrate.

Better Crossing.

Similar Dribbling.

3 points less Finishing.

Equal First Touch.

Better Passing.

Similar Technique.

Equal Consistency.

1 point less Important Matches.

Vastly Superior Pressure.

Better Professionalism.

Equal Controversy.

Altogether Tevez is a tad worse at spotting and executing passes than Rooney, is only prevented from surpassing Torres as a striker by his acceleration and finishing, and is in general a smarter, more intelligent reader of play and picking up positions with atleast equal or better consistency and a superior footballing personality that avoids controversy equal or better than those two forwards.

Obviously a load of rubbish. If not for the fact that Rooney is one of the best passers in the league over any range, one of the sharpest forwards in the world when it comes to anticipating the movement of players and the ball, constantly looking for gaps and spaces and options and far more comfortable in possession than Tevez has ever been in his entire career, there is the small matter of the movement, technique and anticipation of Fernando Torres leading the line.

And if that isn't enough then you need only look at the levels of consistency and the personalities of each player. The last 22 months of Carlos Tevez' career has been anything but a tour de force of consistency, professionalism and a lack of controversy. To claim he is a superior professional to either Rooney or Torres is an absolute joke, to claim he is less controversial than Rooney and as controversial as Torres cannot be described in words.

If you don't accept my take, then load up the players profiles and judge for yourself. Even the most diehard Man City fan would struggle to disagree that Carlos Tevez is hugely over-rated in FM.

It is pretty clear to see that the current system of researchers is making a complete mess of the most famous players in the most widely watched league on the planet, let alone the obscure. Cristiano Ronaldo has been completely redesigned in FM10 compared to FM09 with a change of attributes in Ronaldo you would be unlikely to achieve in 10 seasons in FM09 let alone one.

If SI cannot get the biggest, most famous, most widely watched players in the world even remotely accurate then they have big, big problems.

Tevez better than Rooney at exploiting space, anticipating the movement of players, dealing with pressure and shutting his mouth to the press? Tevez has a higher Anticipation than Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Carrick, Berbatov and Rio Ferdinand and better Off The Ball Movement than Michael Owen.

What planet are these researchers from? Why are SI not checking this junk before they send it out in a final release?

SFraser- The attributes are input by the team researchers who are fans of the team and have an opinion about them- the above are your opinion about them. They disagree but who is to say any or either is right or wrong. As has been said many time before, bring your concerns up in the relevant Data Issues thread at at least let the researchers have the right of reply. This kind of assassination of the researchers is uncalled for IMO.

What I would have said.

Good post. icon14.gif

SFraser- The attributes are input by the team researchers who are fans of the team and have an opinion about them- the above are your opinion about them. They disagree but who is to say any or either is right or wrong. As has been said many time before, bring your concerns up in the relevant Data Issues thread at at least let the researchers have the right of reply. This kind of assassination of the researchers is uncalled for IMO.

I have already done so. It was obviously futile.

I do not see how Tevez having Superior Professionalism, Consistency and Controversy scores compared to Wayne Rooney can be considered a matter of "opinion".

Tevez also has Superior Professionalism and Controversy scores compared to Cristiano Ronaldo. According to FM Carlos Tevez is more Professional and less Controversial than Cristiano Ronaldo. They share the same score for Consistency.

Please explain to me how any of this can be considered in any way a "matter of opinion".

Is there a single poster in this entire thread that considers Cristiano Ronaldo less professional, less consistent and more controversial than Carlos Tevez?

I am not blaming the researchers. I am blaming SI for not checking for clear, obvious, game affecting bias.

All input atributes are a matter of opinion- there is no textbook to check with

If you have brought these issues up and they are not changed, then others do not agree with your opinion

How can asking what planet the researchers are from and stating that their input is junk not deemed to be blaming the researchers?

Who checks the researcher's input and why would their opinion be better than the initial reasearcher?

All input atributes are a matter of opinion- there is no textbook to check with

If you have brought these issues up and they are not changed, then others do not agree with your opinion

How can asking what planet the researchers are from and stating that their input is junk not deemed to be blaming the researchers?

Who checks the researcher's input and why would their opinion be better than the initial reasearcher?

Far from true. In cases like the one above there are clear lines of comparison. I am not going to make myself look foolish in an attempt to argue these lines of comparison with you, and I am not going to waste my time attempting to explain them. The issues of comparison in relation to key, relevant attributes require no "opinion", arguement nor discussion.

It is Carlos Tevez versus Cristiano Ronaldo. There are no "opinions" as to Professionalism and Controversy.

I am neither a moderator of the SI official website nor a "researcher" that follows one single team to each of the stadia they play at. There are crystal clear misrepresentations of both visible but most especially "hidden" attributes and I am not going to sit here and explain to you the real differences in Professionalism, Consistency and Controversy between Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez. If you cannot see it for yourself, then what point is there in me attempting to explain it to you?

If researchers are overseen only by their own opinions, moderators play the "internet subjectivity" card and SI have no oversight procedures then the single most crucial element in the game outside of the fundamental game code is at the mercy of fanboyism.

All you have done is prove it. No one here requires either evidence nor a debate on the Professionalism and Controversy and Consistency of Cristiano Ronaldo versus Carlos Tevez. It is not a "matter of opinion". It is a matter of fact.

Do you pay absolutely no attention to real life football or what?

Archived