Not Seen This Before

My name is from the chant "We are not, we're not really here. We are not, we're not really here, just like the fans of the invisible man, we're not really here!" :p From back in the Division 3 days when we couldn't quite believe we were there :|

Yeah I did start a new one, just fancied signing some different players and making some different decisions. Pretty dissapointed at the way I replaced Ireland on my last save when he could have quite easily held a place in my team. Among other mistakes I felt I made. Was going to start again on the new patch but after seeing Adam Johnson's stats on FM I don't think there's much point.

Yeah he has, I mentioned it on the data issues thread that he looked better than he was from the Bolton and got slated for asking for an upgrade after one game. Which is fair enough but I could see his technique, crossing and right foot were all better than what they are on FM.

Was just going to say perhaps its like that Kia Joorabchian.

Of course, it could be a bug and the third party should actually be Vitoria? Just the game doesn't recognises it?

If you manage in South America, especially Argentina, you'll see that A LOT of players have sell-on clauses to third parties, because the clubs sell the players' licences in order to gain a bit of much-needed cash. Many clubs sell part of the licence, but sometimes 100% of the licence is sold. The disadvantage in this is, what they receive from the third parties is usually quite small, compared to the figure that the third parties receive when they sell the player to a European club. Also, in real life (but not in FM as far as I know), if a third party owns 100% of the player's licence, they have total cotrol over when they sell him - so the manager could find himself without his best player in the last few games of the championship because he was sold without anybody notifying him.

In FM09 I managed River Plate, and Augusto Fernandez had a 100% third-party sell-on clause. I didn't finish the game, because FM10 arrived, but my plan (seeing as I wasn't going to receive any of the fee for him anyway) was to hold on to him for as long as I possibly could, and then let him go for nothing if he wanted to leave at the end of his contract. That way, they'd get nothing too :D

Archived