Ok here is my problem ... I have my two strikers

Washington

st1.jpg

st1a.jpg

and

C. Bieler

st2.jpg

st2a.jpg

The problem I am having at these two are currently always out of position going to far left or too far right... They rarely are stay in the middle of the box where I want them to header like crazy...

What in the world must I change so this doesnt happen

field.jpg

Washington is out of position , and Bieler is in the correct position this always happens .... sometimes both are out of position.

I just them always to be in the box...

Any help would be appreciated , and I can take more screen shots if asked... !! I just want this problem solved as it is bugging the hell out of me and im doing this while at work !! Thats how %$#I(P)$) I am !

Your two strikers have the Wideplay setting "Moves into Channels" which makes them pull wide early in moves and attack the space between Centreback and Fullback from a wide position.

What you are seeing from your forwards the "Moves into Channels" wideplay instruction in action. What you are seeing is what it does.

wesleysonck , as I view a lot of questions here people do not give enough information for other people to actually resolve the problem, I hope the overload in information helps me !!! This is driving me mad they have great jumping / header skills and its rarely being used !!

Wagner is contributing to Washington moving out of position. You are asking him to do four different things often (run from deep, run with the ball, cross the ball and play through balls). Some of these things are in conflict - ie run or pass. He can only do one of those things at a time. Also your team approach is to a play a short passing game but Wagner's passing is on maximum directness. His instruction to cut in means the space will occur out wide - which Washington will naturally seek to exploit. Wagner's best attribute is his crossing - and cutting in will mean he has less crossing opportunities in a game. I am not sure which footed he is or whether he has the cut in PPM - so I can't comment on whether that's a good thing to do - but it is definitely creating space out wide, encouraging Washington to roam. As the guys have said, change him to target man and stop him running the channel will ensure he is more likely to be in the box.

If you have one Striker that "Moves into Channels" and the other stays central you have a good opportunity to push one Winger high up the pitch in attack, and have a Central Midfielder and the other Winger advance forward a bit less and play as two playmakers behind a front 3.

It doesn't automatically mean the team will be awesome at attacking football but it does give you the option of playing a starting 4-4-2 that changes to a 4-3-3 in an unusual way.

That setup would be quite good for Manchester United for example who have Giggs on the wing that can play as a decent playmaker, and Rooney at Centreforward that can play as a decent winger, but a few other players that are not quite so hot down the flanks.

A somewhat different question to you;

I've had Washington (the really, really tall player) in my team for two seasons now, and the first season he scored on almost every corner when I had him running towards the far post. But now he is hardly heading the ball at all...how has he been for you when it comes to that?

Cyderman - So I should change these settings

Jorge Wagner

Left is his Preferred Foot

Run from Deep - Sometimes

Run with Ball - Often

Through Balls - Sometimes

Cross Ball - Often

Cross from - Byline?

Wideplay - Hug Touchline

Roam from Position - No

Hold up ball - No

Washington - Target Man

Run from Deep - Often

Wideplay - Normal

Im in the middle of the Brasileirao , we won the State , for some reason when i was playing 10.2 he was a monster goal scorer with headers , pretty much I think the best I ever saw , I upgraded to 10.3 and he went to scoring every 3-4 games... instead of every game! And most arent even from headers! :)

Cyderman - So I should change these settings

Jorge Wagner

Left is his Preferred Foot

Run from Deep - Sometimes

Run with Ball - Often

Through Balls - Sometimes

Cross Ball - Often

Cross from - Byline?

Wideplay - Hug Touchline

Roam from Position - No

Hold up ball - No

Washington - Target Man

Run from Deep - Often

Wideplay - Normal

Im in the middle of the Brasileirao , we won the State , for some reason when i was playing 10.2 he was a monster goal scorer with headers , pretty much I think the best I ever saw , I upgraded to 10.3 and he went to scoring every 3-4 games... instead of every game! And most arent even from headers! :)

Yeah try everything as you suggest apart from Washington run from deep sometimes - his off the ball is good but rest of his movement attributes are not so hot.

just try taking out byline to mixed for strikers and keep it to running channels the same and if your looking for major crossing to the heads of the strikers. Try putting the winger to hug touch line and cross byline and make sure they cross to target man. O one more thing change to rarely crossing for the strikers. Try that and see what happens.

Archived