No Camels, No Bloody Vodka, just a God Damn Career in Football Management

mark wilson27

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 28th: After the poor season I decided to terminate the contracts of all the backroom staff, it gives me around a month to get some new staff in before the start of the pre season

June 3rd: Jean-Paul Ekwalla joins as my new Assistant Manager

June 4th:Dave Beasant and Krzysztof Dowhan has joined as new Goalkeeping Coaches and Ryan Gibson has joined as a Scout

June 5th: I welcomed the rest of my new backroom staff today as the following people joined the club: -

Abelardo - Youth Coach

John Dickens, Tom Mitchell, Brain Johnson - Physios

Jim Morris, Richard Pierce, Dave Richards, Stuart Harding - Scouts

Jimmy Hunter, Shaun Canning, Peter Sheridan - Coaches

Stuart Murdoch - Goalkeeping Coach

Dave Cardlan, John Ireland - Fitness Coach

June 14th: The board have announced the ground will be expanded by 9750 and will take around six months to complete

July 1st: With the transfer window opening I have welcomed alot of new players to the squad, they are as follows:-

Danny Welbeck joins from Manchester United for £1,500,000 (18yr AMRL/ST)

Boudewijn Zenden joins from Marseille on a free (32yr AMLC)

Leigh Bromby joins from Sheff.United for £775,000 (29yr DRC)

Matt Derbyshire joins from Blackburn Rover for £2,000,000 (23yr ST)

Jhon Via Fara joins from Southampton for £400,000 (30yr MRC)

Liam Miller joins from Sunderland for £800,000 (28yr MRC)

David Amoo joins from Liverpool for £1,600,000 (18yr ST)

Bornardo Corradi joins from Manchester City for £40,000 (33yr ST)

Stephen Ireland joins from Manchester City for £2,800,000 (22yr AMC)

Ousmane Dabo joins from Manchester City for £250,000 (32yr DM)

Two players leave the club as Marlon King joins Sheffield Wednesday on a free and also heading towards Yorkshire is Mart Poom who leaves us and joins Leeds United for £50,000

July 6th: Transfer news sees Chris Taylor joining Sheffield Wednesday for a fee of £2,500,000. We also say goodbye to Lee Williamson as he joins Norwich for £1,000,000 however £100,000 of the fee will be going to Rotherham after they activated there 10% sell on clause

July 11th: Our first friendly of the pre season sees us facing Matlock Town and we walked away with a 5-0 victory with H.Bouazza grabbing a brace and M.Derbyshire, O.Dabo and T.Smith grabbing the other goals

July 13th; We now faced Grazer AK away and only grabbed a lucky 1-1 draw with N.Ellington scoring the late equaliser

July 16th: Our next friendly saw us facing SV Salzburg away and we again struggled in the game but managed a 1-0 victory with D.Wellbeck grabbing the winner late on

July 18th: Next up was Ried away and we grabbed a good 3-1 victory with S.Ireland, O.Dabo and L.Miller grabbing a goal a piece

July 23rd: On our return to England my team faced an away tie with Peterborough and scraped a 1-0 victory after B.Zenden fired in a penalty

July 30th: Our final friendly sees us facing an way trip at Ipswich, however a real dire game saw the game stick at 0-0

July 31st: The draw for the League Cup 1st Round sees us facing an away trip to League Two side Dag & Red

August 8th: Bradford v Watford: Coca Cola Championship (1/46)

We needed to kick off the season with a convincing win and on the 5th minute we had taken the lead as S.Ireland ran through the Bradford defence with ease and fired the ball into the net to silence the home crowd. Seven minutes later we had another chance as B.Corradi showed great vision to slide the ball into M.Derbyshires feet but the striker somehow managed to miss the target when it was easier to score. We were controlling the game and on the 25th minute we had the chance to double our lead as a long ball from A.Mariappa was volleyed towards goal by B.Zenden but the effort was diverted wide of the post by the keeper. Just after the half hour we finally got the second goal we deserved as M.Derbyshire fired in from just inside the area. However after the goal we seemed to relax too much and on the stroke of half time Bradford pulled a goal back as M.Bower fired in after beating my defence far too easily.

The second half was pretty quiet compared to the first as Bradford managed to stifle the midfield action. On the 58th minute though we should of grabbed a further goal but D.Amoo hit his effort just wide of the post after beating the keeper. The game was becoming pretty dull but with nine minutes left on the clock Bradford grabbed the equaliser as E.Johnson barged his way through my defence to fire in. However there was one more goal in the game as on the 87th minute H.Bouazza showed his Pace and skill to turn a beat the defence to be one on one with the keeper where he cheekily chipped the ball over him to grab all three points for my team

Bradford 2 M.Bower 45, E.Johnson 81

Watford 3 S.Ireland 5, M.Derbyshire 31, H.Bouazza 87

Theres alot of pressure on me to get straight back up Spav, especially after the money I spent

August 12th: Dag & Red v Watford: League Cup 1st Round

We now faced League Two side Dag & Red and I told the players not to be complacent. They heeded my words as we dominated throughout the first half and on the 13th minute we were in the lead as O.Dabo rose highest to nod home a cross by L.Miller. It got even better on the 21st minute as we doubled our lead as B.Corradi played a great one two with M.Derbyshire to get free of the defence and he wasted no time in hitting a thunderous effort past the keeper. Dag & Red weren’t getting near the ball and on the 37th minute we should of wrapped the game up as M.Derbyshire managed to beat his marker but unfortunately not the keeper who stood tall to block the effort.

The second half started well for us as we continued to control the play and just after the hour we had the next real effort as D.Amoo curled an effort from the corner of the area but his shot didn’t curl enough and the ball went just wide of the upright. It was all us but for some reason we couldn’t get the ball into the net. There was one more goal in the game as Dag & Red fired in a penalty late in the game after D.Shittu was deemed to have handled the ball in the area. However it was far too late in the game for the opposition to mount any sort of threat and we were in the hat for the next round

Dag & Red 1 C.Moore pen 90+1

Watford 2 O.Dabo 13, B.Corradi 21

August 15th: Watford v Wolves: Coca Cola Championship (2/46)

Wolves started the better and on the 12th minute they grabbed the lead as some pathetic defending by my team saw M.Davies managing to break clear and fire past J.Ashdown. Seven minutes later Watford had another chance to score as we failed to deal with a simple ball again but this time the effort was poor and it went just over the crossbar. I was getting slightly annoyed with how my team were defending and on the half hour I nearly blew my top as we again failed to deal with a simple ball and had to rely on J.Ashdown to save the day. We just seemed to be struggling with the basics of defending and just before the break we again nearly conceded but this time the ball went just wide of the post after beating my keeper with ease.

During the interval I went mad at my players and told them I was far from happy with there performance,

The second half wasn’t much better as Wolves piled forward at every opportunity and on the 54th minute we had J.Ashdown to thank as his great save denied the opposition again. It was pretty much one sided but on the 69th minute we managed to grab an equaliser as J.Ashdown punted the ball up field and H.Bouazza nodded the ball on for M.Derbyshire to fire past the keeper. Soon after Wolves came close to grabbing the lead back again as there attack made there way into the area but before they had the chance to score L.Bromby slid in and saved the day with a great tackle. Wolves kept on piling forward but luckily we managed to hold on to walk away with a very very flattering draw

Watford 1 M.Derbyshire 69

Wolves 1 M.Davies 12

After the game I found out that we will be facing an away tie with League Two side Leyton Orient in the League Cup 2nd Round

August 22nd: Derby County v Watford: Coca Cola Championship (3/46)

After the effort of the last game I told the players I wanted a response from them. Luckily for them they gave me one as we started well against The Rams and on the 16th minute we had the chance to grab the lead as D.Welbeck showed some skill to meg an defender but his final effort wasn’t as good as the build up and the ball went wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance as D.Welbeck again caused the Derby defence problems as his zipping cross was half volleyed towards goal by M.Derbyshire but he couldn’t keep the ball own and it went just over the crossbar. We were dominating with ease and I don’t know how we got to the interval without scoring.

The second half though started poorly for us as within four minutes Derby had scored as M.Davies fired in a speculative effort from outside the area and J.Ashdown didn’t react quick enough as the ball flew into the net behind him. My players responded well as they started to pile forward at every chance. On the 76th minute we had the chance to grab the equaliser as D.Amoo headed wide of then post from a D.Welbeck cross. We tried everything but we just couldn’t get past the Derby keeper and we left Pride Park with nothing to show for a game which we dominated

Derby County 1 M.Davies 49

Watford 0

August 26th: Leyton Orient v Watford: League Cup 2nd Round

We now faced another League Two side and got off to a bad start as on the 5th minute we were a goal down as G.Holt fired in for The Orient, however the home fans joy didn’t last long as two minutes later we grabbed the equaliser with B.Corradi fired in from the edge of the area. After the goal though the game seemed to be contained in the middle third as my team and the opposition couldn’t string enough passes together to set an attack going. Just after the half hour though there was a goal as we finally broke through the midfield with O.Dabo threading the ball into M.Derbyshires feet who wasted no time in firing past the keeper.

The second half was poor as the game just flat lined. The only real thing of note in the last forty five minutes was the sending off Orients G.Robertson for a second yellow card on the 75th minute. A really dire game for the fans but at least we were still in the League Cup

Leyton Orient 1 G.Holt 5

Watford 2 B.Corradi 7, M.Derbyshire 34

August 29th: Watford v Charlton: Coca Cola Championship (4/46)

Back to League action as we faced hotly tipped Charlton. It was the visitors who started the better and on the 17th minute they went into the lead as S.Todorov ran past D.Shittu with ease and fired in the first of the game. My players responded well though and on the 31st minute we had the chance of an equaliser as D.Amoo fired wide of the post after breaking clear of the defence. With five minutes left on the clock we nearly gave ourselves a mountain to climb as some poor defending saw the Charlton attack pile into the area but there chance was thwarted by a great J.Ashdown block.

The second half was merely 15 seconds old when Charlton came close to scoring as they piled forward straight from attack but there effort was poor and J.Ashdown easily saved the ball. Just before the hour the next goal of the game was scored as a brilliant team move saw J.Viafara fire in to give us a deserved equaliser. Soon after we came close again to taking the lead as D.Amoo again managed to break clear but yet again his effort was poor and went wide of the post. The game was looking like a draw but with three minutes left on the clock we grabbed the winner as B.Zenden hit home from 25 yards after the Charlton midfield kept on backing away from him

Watford 2 J.Viafara 57, B.Zenden 87

Charlton 1 S.Todorov 17

After the game I found out that we will be facing a home tie with Premiership side Liverpool in the League Cup 3rd Round

August 29th: Transfer news sees Soilyho Mete join us on loan from Arsenal till the end of the season, he is a 21yr old DC

September 3rd: Injury news sees D.Welbeck out for between 2-4 weeks after straining his calf muscle on International duty

September 12th: Scunthorpe v Watford: Coca Cola Championship (5/46)

Within nine minutes the first goal was scored as Scunthorpe broke down the wings and a great cross was headed past my defence and keeper by S.Roberts to send the home fans wild. Scunthorpe were buoyed by the goal and started to pile forward a lot more. On the 23rd minute they had another chance to score but the final effort was poor and J.Ashdown watched the ball go wide of his post. We finally got our first chance to score on the 41st minute as T.Priskin found himself clear in the area but he proper bum fluffed the effort and it went well wide of the post.

The second half started well for us as on the 49th minute we grabbed an unlikely equaliser as B.Corradi headed into the goal from a D.Welbeck cross. Scunthorpe then came close on the 63rd minute as they managed to get into the area but there attacker somehow managed to trip over himself. Ten minutes later though we had the crossbar to thank after Scunthorpe again broke clear of my defence but the thunderous effort rattled the crossbar and D.Shittu managed to clear the ball. We were again seeing little of the ball but deep into injury time we grabbed a fluky winner as B.Corradi’s hopeful effort wrong footed the keeper and went into to give us all three points

Scunthorpe 1 S.Roberts 9

Watford 2 B.Corradi 49, 90+3

September 15th: Watford v Peterborough: Coca Cola Championship (6/46)

The first half was about as interesting as watching paint dry as both my team and Peterborough couldn’t string more than a couple of passes together. There wasn’t even one effort on goal during the first half.

The second half didn’t get off to the best of starts for us as on the 55th minute I had to replace O.Dabo after a high and late tackle saw him with a chest injury. I was far from happy that the player didn’t get sent off for the late tackle. However H.Bouazza lightened my mood alittle as on the 70th minute he fired us into the lead as his long range effort flew into the net, but as in previous game my defence let me down as four minutes later J.Dunne grabbed the equaliser for Peterborough. I was again left livid by the game and with three minutes left my mood didn’t improve as the assistant referee ruled out a goal by D.Amoo for offside.

Watford 1 H.Bouazza 70

Peterborough 1 J.Dunne 74

Injury news: O.Dabo will be out of action for around a month after breaking a rib and M.Derbyshire will be missing for around a fortnight after gashing his head towards the end of the game.

After the game I let the referee and his assistant what I thought of there performance

September 17th: I have been given an official warning by the FA for my comments to the officials of the Peterborough game, they warned me that anymore of that will see me serving a touchline ban. The Watford board weren’t too happy as well and also warned me about my future behaviour

September 19th: Bristol City v Watford: Coca Cola Championship (7/46)

Another poor game by my players as Bristol City kept the ball better. On the 14th minute there possession showed as they made there way up field and fired into the net to give them the lead. We just weren’t at the races as City continued to control the game and on the 38th minute they had the chance to add another goal but the effort was thwarted by some great defensive work by M.Davies who bravely slid in and cleared the ball.

The second half wasn’t much better as City showed my players how to play and on the 66th minute we were grateful for the poor finishing as the effort went wide of the post when there attacker should really of scored. However deep into injury time we again managed to fluke a point as B.Corradi was left alone to fire the ball past the City keeper and silence the home crowd, but I was wasn’t happy and made sure my players knew it after the game

Bristol City 1 S.Brooker 14

Watford 1 B.Corradi 90+3

September 23rd: Watford v Liverpool: League Cup 3rd Round

As expected Liverpool started the brightest and it wasn’t long till J.Ashdown was called upon as the Liverpool attack made there way into the area but before they had chance to shoot he was out like a whippet and smothered the ball. On the 27th minute Liverpool had another chance to score as D.Shittu was easily dispossessed but yet again J.Ashdown came to the teams rescue with a fine save to deny them the chance of scoring. We were being outplayed by the Premiership side and on the 44th minute we had the referees assistant to thank as he ruled out a goal for offside after the attack broke clear of my defence.

During the interval I told the players they needed to be pressing the ball a lot more. I changed the formation to a 4-5-1 in the hope of stifling the Liverpool team.

The change in formation did the trick as we kept the Liverpool attacks down to the bare minimum. It took them till the 75th minute to have the first chance of the half but my defence managed to clear the ball before J.Ashdown was called upon. We finally got our first chance to score late in the game as on the 86th minute J.Viafara tried his luck from the corner of the area but his effort was well saved by the Liverpool keeper. The referee blew for the ninety minutes and I told the players to keep it up. We only had another thirty minutes to endure.

Liverpool started extra time the better and on the 97th minute they had the chance to win the tie but J.Ashdown was there again to deny them. We were clinging on by our finger tips and on the 117th minute we again let Liverpool into the area but there effort went wide and the game would have to be decided by the lottery of penalties

We won the toss and went first

H.Bouazza stepped up for the first kick and fired the ball hard into the top corner of the net (1-0)

P.Anderson Stepped up for Liverpool and fired the ball wide of J.Ashdown and wide of the post (1-0)

B.Corradi was the next up for my team and fired in a hard effort but Liverpool’s I.Akinfeev sent the ball round the post (1-0)

D.Kuyt was up for Liverpool and wasted no time in firing the ball confidently to the left to equalise the kicks (1-1)

S.Ireland was next up and he hit a powerful effort towards goal and despite the keeper getting a hand on it the ball bobbled in (2-1)

J.Mascherano was up next and slotted the ball past J.Ashdown brilliantly (2-2)

L.Miller was my next player up and fired hard to the right but it was too hard and too far to the right and went wide (2-2)

Lucas was next for Liverpool and fired in a hard effort which gave J.Ashdown no chance of saving (2-3)

L.Bromby was next up and had too score to keep us in it, he stepped up and fired hard in off the upright (3-3)

J.Antonio Reyes stepped up knowing if he scored Liverpool would go through, he fired the ball confidently towards goal, J.Ashdown stood no chance and Liverpool were through to the next round (3-4)

Watford 0

Liverpool 0

Liverpool progress 4-3 on penalties

Is it story or the fact Liverpool beat one of my teams Salkster

September 26th: Watford v Crystal Palace: Coca Cola Championship (8/46)

The mid-week game with Liverpool seemed to have taken an effect on my team as we looked very tired and struggled to get into the game. Luckily for us Crystal Palace were playing just as bad. The game had no real highlights and the fans vented there frustration at both sets of players after the referee blew for the end of the game

Watford 0

Crystal Palace 0

September 30th: Ipswich Town v Watford: Coca Cola Championship (9/46)

We seemed to be stuck in a rut with our form as we again struggled to get going in the game, Ipswich however looked rampant as they attacked us at every chance they got. On the 13th minute they had the first chance as my team let there attack pile forward but the final effort wasn’t as good as the move before and the ball went well over the crossbar. Seven minutes later though they went into the lead as D.Haynes capitalized on some more woeful play to fire in a thunderous effort to give J.Ashdown no chance of saving the ball. Our day didn’t get any better as on the 24th minute we had to replace S.Ireland after picking up a chest injury during a clash with an Ipswich player. We just couldn’t get hold of the ball and during the half time interval I just didn’t know what to say to the players and told my assistant to say something.

The second half wasn’t much better and four minutes in we were two goals down as P.Counago fired in a snap shot to give the unsighted keeper no chance. I was left standing there looking bewildered at my teams lack of defending. On the 51st minute though we gave ourselves a glimmer of hope as a speculative effort by D.Amoo flew in after the Ipswich team left him in too much space. Soon after Ipswich had another chance to score but the effort was pretty dire and went wide of the post. With the game clock ticking down we grabbed ourselves a surprise equaliser as B.Zenden managed to curl the ball past the Ipswich keeper after getting into the area unmarked. The goal seemed to knock the wind of the Ipswich sails and we managed to stifle the game for the last few minutes to earn ourselves a draw

Ipswich Town 2 D.Haynes 20, P.Counago 49

Watford 2 D.Amoo 51, B.Zenden 75

Injury news: S.Ireland will be missing for around two months after fracturing his ribs during the game

October 1st: The press were hanging around the training ground and asked me if the rumours were true that the Chairman was losing patience with the way the team was performing. I told the awaiting press as far as I knew my job was safe and they would have to ask the Chairman about that story

hmmmmm let me think,, yes lol

October 3rd: Southampton v Watford: Coca Cola Championship (10/46)

Southampton ran rings round my players from the start and on the 19th minute they should of grabbed the lead but the final finish by the attacker was poor and the ball went well wide of the post. Luckily for us they didn’t really test J.Ashdown for the rest of the half despite having the majority of the possession.

The second half wasn’t much better as we couldn’t get near the ball and just after the hour there dominance finally paid off as M.Saganowski fired in a powerful effort to give them the lead. We didn’t even look like we could get hold of the ball and on the 84th minute Southampton killed the game off as they made walked into the area with ease and fired past my keeper to settle the three points. The game didn’t get any better as with a minute left B.Zenden landed awkwardly and had to be replaced. After the final whistle I could hear the boos coming from the away end. The vultures were beginning to circle

Southampton 2 M.Saganowski 62, 84

Watford 0

Injury news: B.Zenden will be missing for around three weeks after damaging his elbow during the game

Coca Cola Championship: 10 Games in

| Pos   | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Leeds          |       | 10    | 7     | 1     | 2     | 13    | 12    | +1    | 22    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Wolves         |       | 10    | 6     | 3     | 1     | 15    | 7     | +8    | 21    | 
| 3rd   |       | Preston        |       | 10    | 6     | 1     | 3     | 20    | 14    | +6    | 19    | 
| 4th   |       | Colchester     |       | 10    | 5     | 3     | 2     | 11    | 9     | +2    | 18    | 
| 5th   |       | Sheff Utd      |       | 10    | 5     | 2     | 3     | 20    | 13    | +7    | 17    | 
| 6th   |       | Sheff Wed      |       | 10    | 5     | 1     | 4     | 20    | 13    | +7    | 16    | 
| 7th   |       | West Brom      |       | 10    | 5     | 1     | 4     | 18    | 12    | +6    | 16    | 
| 8th   |       | Southampton    |       | 10    | 4     | 3     | 3     | 19    | 13    | +6    | 15    | 
| 9th   |       | Charlton       |       | 9     | 4     | 3     | 2     | 16    | 10    | +6    | 15    | 
| 10th  |       | Ipswich        |       | 10    | 4     | 3     | 3     | 20    | 17    | +3    | 15    | 
| 11th  |       | Barnsley       |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 16    | 13    | +3    | 14    | 
| 12th  |       | Norwich        |       | 10    | 3     | 5     | 2     | 13    | 10    | +3    | 14    | 
| 13th  |       | Peterborough   |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 17    | 17    | 0     | 14    | 
[b]| 14th  |       | WATFORD        |       | 10    | 3     | 5     | 2     | 12    | 12    | 0     | 14    |[/b] 
| 15th  |       | Crystal Palace |       | 10    | 3     | 4     | 3     | 15    | 13    | +2    | 13    | 
| 16th  |       | Bradford       |       | 10    | 4     | 1     | 5     | 10    | 12    | -2    | 13    | 
| 17th  |       | Q.P.R.         |       | 10    | 3     | 3     | 4     | 12    | 13    | -1    | 12    | 
| 18th  |       | Derby          |       | 9     | 4     | 0     | 5     | 15    | 17    | -2    | 12    | 
| 19th  |       | Leicester      |       | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 12    | 17    | -5    | 11    | 
| 20th  |       | Port Vale      |       | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 8     | 16    | -8    | 11    | 
| 21st  |       | Bristol City   |       | 10    | 2     | 2     | 6     | 10    | 17    | -7    | 8     | 
| 22nd  |       | Yeovil         |       | 10    | 2     | 2     | 6     | 8     | 21    | -13   | 8     | 
| 23rd  |       | Scunthorpe     |       | 10    | 1     | 3     | 6     | 10    | 17    | -7    | 6     | 
| 24th  |       | Cardiff        |       | 10    | 0     | 4     | 6     | 15    | 30    | -15   | 4     | 

I know Spav, the players just haven't got that killer touch I demand of them

October 17th: Watford v Norwich: Coca Cola Championship (11/46)

There was a weird atmosphere as the players entered the fray. It didn’t get any better as Norwich started the better and on the 11th minute they came close to scoring with a rasping effort which beat J.Ashdown but not the upright. The crowd were already beginning to get on the players backs and on the 27th minute they went silent as S.Elliott fired Norwich into the lead after my team just didn’t seemed bothered to defend. It was just dire to watch and on the half time whistle we were greeted to a chorus of boos

The second half wasn’t just as bad and just after the hour Norwich doubled there lead as K.Davies barged his way into the area and fired past my keeper to just about kill the game off. It was getting embarrassing to watch as Norwich controlled much of the play but with three minutes left to play we grabbed a goal as D.Amoo fired past the keeper but the goal was greeted with muted cheers. We had nothing to offer Norwich and again we were booed off the pitch

Watford 1 D.Amoo 87

Norwich 2 S.Elliott 27, K.Davies 65

October 21st: Watford v Barnsley: Coca Cola Championship (12/46)

Our dire form continued as we played out a poor first half with Barnsley, there wasn’t even a shot on target to note and during the interval I told the players they needed to pull there fingers out otherwise we could be heading for another loss.

The second half was alittle better but only for Barnsley as there players reacted better to the half time team talk and on the 67th minute they had the chance to score but there effort went wide of the post when they should of scored. With seven minutes left on the clock the winning goal was scored as A.Davies fired in a freekick from just outside the area after M.Duff stupidly pulled a player down.

Watford 0

Barnsley 1 A.Davies 83

October 24th: Leeds United v Watford: Coca Cola Championship (13/46)

Within two minutes Leeds were in the lead as M.King beat my defence to a loose ball and fired in past J.Ashdown, but for once my players actually reacted and on the 11th minute we came close to an equaliser as D.Amoo had the keeper scrambling across the goal to save the day to save the ball. However on the 23rd minute the Leeds keeper was helpless to save H.Bouazza’s thunderbolt to give us an equaliser. The goal lifted my players and we started to keep hold of the ball. On the half hour we came close to grabbing the lead as D.Amoo had a powerful effort saved brilliantly by the Leeds keeper. On the 31st minute though Leeds showed there skill as they jinked there way through my defence to give them back the lead. The goal knocked the wind out my players and Leeds began to control the game.

During the interval I told the players not too get down hearted and to go and play like I know they can.

The second half was a lot better for us as we kept Leeds at bay but we just couldn’t get forward enough to threaten the goal, but neither could Leeds and we ended the game losing again.

Leeds United 2 M.King 2, 31

Watford 1 H.Bouazza 23

October 25th: The papers today were full of rumours stating I was soon to be sacked, in truth I’m not surprised as my team hadn’t won since September 12th. During training I told the players I didn’t want anyone talking to the press and that we all needed to band together and get ourselves out of this rut we were in

October 31st: Watford v West Brom: Coca Cola Championship (14/46)

Yet another early goal conceded as West Broms S.MacDonald ran onto a great through ball to fire them into the lead. The little bit of confidence my team had drained out of them. We were on the back foot for the rest of the half as we failed to do the simple things right. On the 39th minute we had the chance to get back in the game as L.Barnett was sent off for a professional foul on D.Amoo in the area. B.Corradi stepped up for the penalty kick but it was very poor and the keeper easily saved the ball

The second half was just as bad as we struggled to get past the West Brom defence, but with them down to ten men they didn’t really get forward much neither and we lost our fifth game on the trot and I could sense the growing unease by the watching Chairman

Watford 0

West Brom 1 S.MacDonald 3

Were really struggling at the moment, can't my finger on why. Maybe too many players coming in at once

November 3rd: Yeovil v Watford: Coca Cola Championship (15/46)

For once we started well but it took till the 23rd minute for us to test the Yeovil keeper as D.Amoo ran through the defence but he was denied the shooting chance by the Yeovil defence. Eleven minutes later we had another chance as B.Corradi headed towards goal from a H.Bouazza cross but the keeper again saved the day. However on the stroke of half time we grabbed the lead as B.Corradi made no mistake with a perfectly placed effort which gave the Yeovil keeper no chance of saving.

The second half started even better as on the 48th minute we doubled the lead with M.Derbyshire running into the area and firing past the Yeovil keeper with ease. Finally my team were performing as I knew they could and on the 78th minute we had the chance to kill the game off as B.Corradi somehow managed to fluff the shot as he was one on one with the keeper. Yeovil’s misery was complete on the 83rd minute as M.Bircham was sent off for a second bookable offence giving them no chance of a comeback.

Yeovil 0

Watford 2 B.Corradi 45, M.Derbyshire 48

November 7th: Watford v Port Vale: Coca Cola Championship (16/46)

The game got off to a real bang as within a minute Port Vale were reduced to ten men after R.Smith was sent off for a professional foul. Two minutes later we made them pay as D.Amoo waltzed his way through the defence to slot home past the keeper and send the home crowd wild. On the 18th minute we had a chance to double our lead as D.Amoo again caused the defence problems but his final effort wasn’t good enough and the ball went wide of the post. We were controlling the game but on the 23rd minute we had to replace J.DeMerit after a clash of heads with D.Shittu on a corner saw him knocked out cold. The half pretty much died after the injury.

During the interval we were relieved to see J.DeMerit looking alright if not alittle groggy.

The second half was again pretty much all my team but we just couldn’t get past the Port Vale defence but on the 88th minute they were reduced to nine men after M.McGregor was sent off for a second yellow card and we made them pay as M.Derbyshire fired in the killer goal to give us a good victory

Watford 2 D.Amoo 3, M.Derbyshire 90+1

Port Vale 0

Injury news: J.DeMerit will be out for around a fortnight after getting concussion and H.Bouazza will miss around three weeks after damaging his elbow during the match

November 10th: More injury news sees S.Mete out of action for around two weeks after damaging his heel during training

November 21st: Cardiff v Watford: Coca Cola Championship (17/46)

Another early goal to start the game with as Cardiff’s D.Purse put his side a goal up on the 3rd minute. It didn’t get any better for us as on the 8th minute we were two goals down as G.Noel-Williams rose above my defence to head the ball past the flapping J.Ashdown. It was getting embarrassing but on the 12th minute we pulled one goal back as we countered a Cardiff attack and B.Corradi fired in. Cardiff though carried on the pressure and on the half hour they had yet another chance to add another goal but this time J.Ashdown was there to block the shot.

During the interval I went mad at the players and told them they needed to actually do what there paid for and play football.

Within seven minutes they showed me how much they were listening to me as they let Cardiff into the area with far too much ease and S.Maclean added a third goal to there tally. We were embarrassing ourselves and on the hour we had the crossbar to thank after some more poor defending saw them beat J.Ashdown but not the crossbar. On the 67th minute we managed to pull another goal back as B.Corradi fired past the keeper. However it was nothing but a false dawn and Cardiff continued to dominate, luckily for us though they didn’t get close to adding to there tally but we lost another game and it was compounded by yet another dire performance

Cardiff 3 D.Purse 3, G.Noel-Williams 8, S.Maclean 52

Watford 2 B.Corradi 12, 67

November 22nd: After arriving back to the training ground I was summoned to the Chairmans office, he was far from happy with the teams position in the table and with recent performances especially with the amount of money he had given me to rebuild the squad. He then informed me that my contract has been terminated with immediate effect.

December 15th: After just under a month of searching for a new job I have been contacted by Mike Ashley at Newcastle United, he offered me a two year contract with the club. I accepted the contract straight away.

Newcastle United are currently 16th in the Premiership

The Newcastle United Squad is as follows:-

| Pkd    | Inf    | Name                 | Position             | Morale    | Form      | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | Blake Berry          | GK                   | Poor      | 5-6-7-7-6 | 87%    | 1 (1)  | -      | 6.50   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      | PR     | Shay Given           | GK                   | Superb    | 5-7-7-7-6 | 100%   | 17     | -      | 6.47   | 
| -      | Slt    | Anthony Vanden Borre | D RC, WB R, DM, M RC | Poor      | 6-6-8-7-7 | 94%    | 15     | -      | 6.87   | 
| -      | PR     | Geremi               | D R, M RC            | Okay      | 5-7-6-6-6 | 96%    | 3 (1)  | -      | 6.50   | 
| -      | PR     | Caçapa               | D C                  | Okay      | 6-8-7-8-5 | 89%    | 8 (1)  | -      | 7.00   | 
| -      | Unh    | Patrick Kisnorbo     | D C                  | Very Poor | 7-6-8-7-7 | 94%    | 16     | -      | 6.88   | 
| -      | Inj    | Steven Taylor        | D C                  | Okay      | 9-7-5-7-6 | 62%    | 4 (1)  | -      | 6.40   | 
| -      | Wnt    | César Arzo           | D C, DM              | Poor      | 7-7-8-7-7 | 94%    | 8 (2)  | 1      | 6.70   | 
| -      | PR     | José Enrique         | D/WB L               | Okay      | 7-7-6-6-6 | 94%    | 11     | -      | 6.55   | 
| -      | Slt    | Cristian Pulhac      | D/WB L               | Poor      | 6-6-6-7-6 | 98%    | 7      | -      | 6.29   | 
| -      | PR     | Mathieu Flamini      | DM                   | Okay      | 7-7-6-7-7 | 97%    | 11     | -      | 7.09   | 
| -      | PR     | Jean II Makoun       | DM                   | Good      | 7-7-7-8-7 | 100%   | 6      | -      | 7.17   | 
| -      | PR     | Joey Barton          | DM, AM C             | Okay      | 7-6-6-7-6 | 94%    | 8      | 1      | 6.75   | 
| -      | PR     | Abou Diaby           | M C                  | Okay      | 6-7-7-6-7 | 94%    | 15     | 2      | 6.60   | 
| -      | Inj    | Cani                 | AM RLC               | Poor      | 7-6-6-8-7 | 62%    | 9 (1)  | 1      | 6.80   | 
| -      | Slt    | Jermaine Jenas       | AM RC                | Poor      | 8-8-8-7-7 | 94%    | 11     | -      | 6.55   | 
| -      | Unh    | Jorge Valdivia       | AM RC                | Okay      | 7-8-6-7-8 | 90%    | 2 (1)  | 1      | 6.67   | 
| -      | Wnt    | Shaun Maloney        | AM RLC, F C          | Very Poor | 6-7-7-7-6 | 90%    | 1 (2)  | -      | 6.67   | 
| -      | PR     | Alan Smith           | AM RC, ST            | Very Good | 7-7-8-6-6 | 90%    | 6 (1)  | 2      | 7.00   | 
| -      |        | Albert Luque         | AM L, ST             | Poor      | 6-8-8-7-7 | 94%    | 7      | 1      | 7.00   | 
| -      | PR     | Scott Sinclair       | AM L, ST             | Good      | 7-7-8-7-7 | 94%    | 15     | 6      | 6.80   | 
| -      | Wnt    | Leroy Lita           | ST                   | Poor      | 8-8-6-6-6 | 96%    | 2      | 1      | 7.00   | 

December 16th: West ham United v Newcastle United: Premier League (17/38)

My first game in charge but in truth I had little chance to change anything in the team so I left it to my assistant to give me advice on who to pick. We didn’t start brilliantly as West Ham controlled much of the play and on the 17th minute they had there first chance with a rasping effort which had S.Given scrambling across the line to save. On the 39th minute West Ham had another chance to score as some woeful midfield play saw there attack piling forward but a great tackle by Geremi denied them the chance to score.

The second half wasn’t much better and on the 59th minute West Ham came close again as a long ball over the top wasn’t dealt with and S.Given was again called upon to save the day. With fifteen minutes left in the game West Ham grabbed the lead they deserved as D.Ashton ran past my defence with ease and fired in to give the home side all three points

West Ham United 1 D.Ashton 75

Newcastle United 0

December 20th: Newcastle United v Everton: Premier League (18/38)

Another dire performance by my team and I can see why we are struggling in the League, there was no imagination going off in my team and if it wasn’t for S.Given Everton would of beaten us comfortably. With two games under my belt and no goals I can see I have one hell of a task in my hands to get the season going for the club

Newcastle United 0

Everton 0

December 26th: Wigan Athletic v Newcastle United: Premier League (19/38)

We finally found the scoring touch as on the 9th minute we opened the scoring as J.Jenas did all the work to beat his defenders and fire past the keeper. Twelve minutes later we grabbed another goal as J.Jenas threaded a ball to A.Carrolls feet who wasted no time in slotting the ball past the keepers arms.

The second half was all us again as we continued to pressurise the Wigan team and on the 58th minute we grabbed a third goal as A.Carroll fired in past the keeper after running onto a J.Barton pass. Wigan weren’t getting anything of the ball and on the stroke of full time we had the chance of another goal but A.Smith somehow managed fluff the effort and it went wide of the post

Wigan Athletic 0

Newcastle United 3 J.Jenas 9, A.Carroll 21, 58

December 30th: Fulham v Newcastle United: Premier League (20/38)

We had the first chance of the game as a long ball by M.Flamini was volleyed towards goal by A.Smith but the effort was easily saved by the Fulham keeper. On the 15th minute we had another chance as A.Carroll showed his pace to beat the defence but the Fulham keeper saved well to deny us the lead. Six minutes later though we stupidly gave away a free kick 20 yards out after a tackle by Cacapa, C.Dempsey stepped up for the kick and fired in a wicked kick which gave S.Given no chance of saving. It didn’t get any better as on the half hour we were a further goal down as D.Healy beat the offside trap and fired in a thunderous effort past the arms of my keeper. Fulham were putting us on the back foot and just before the break they came close to grabbing third but a wonderful last ditch tackle by Geremi denied them.

The second half was much the same to start with as Fulham dominated play but on the 62nd minute Fulham were reduced to ten men after P.Christanval was sent off for a second yellow card. The sending off turned the game for us as my players finally began to up the gears and on the 73rd minute a thunderous cross across the area by J.Jenas was diverted into the net by A.Hughes for an own goal. The goal lifted my players and on the 82nd minute we grabbed the equaliser as A.Carroll ran onto an A.Smith pass to fire past the keeper, to earn us a share of the points

Fulham 2 C.Dempsey 21, D.Healy 30

Newcastle United 2 A.Hughes 73 og, A.Carroll 82

After the game the physio let me know that J.Jenas has damaged his knee during the match and could be out for up to two months

January 1st 2010: A.Carroll has been named Young Player of the Month

January 2nd: Middlesbrough v Newcastle United: FA Cup 3rd Round

We now faced rivals Boro in the FA Cup and we got off to a great start to silence the home crowd as A.Carroll showed some skill to jink his way through the defence and fire under the body of the keeper. On the 19th minute we had another chance with A.Smith trying his luck from the edge of the area but the keeper managed to tip the ball over the crossbar. It was too easy for my players and on the 43rd minute we should of grabbed the second goal but the effort by A.Carroll just wasn’t good enough.

The second half was much the same as we continued to dominate and on the 64th minute we came close again with A.Carroll playing a great one two with J.Barton but his effort again wasn’t good enough and the shot went wide of the post. Deep into injury time we finally grabbed the killer goal as A.Carrolls effort crashed against the crossbar and S.Sinclair followed up to slot home to loose ball and send us through to the fourth round of the cup

Middlesbrough 0

Newcastle United 2 A.Carroll 4, S.Sinclair 90+2

January 4th: Transfer news sees us welcoming Jermain Defoe to the club for £11,250,000 from Reading. Other news sees Anthony Vanden Borre join FC Schalke for £8,000,000 plus Halil Altintop (27yr ST)

The draw for the FA Cup 4th Round draw has taken place and we face a tough home draw with Chelsea

January 8th; More transfer news sees Vagner Love joining us from Zaragoza for £12,500,000

January 9th: Newcastle United v Manchester United: Premier League (21/38)

My toughest test so far as we faced in form Manchester United and they did what we expected and started the game well. On the 17th minute they had the first chance as a long ball wasn’t dealt with by my defence but S.Given was up to the task and saved well. Ten minutes later they had another chance with M.Flamini sliding in to deny them the chance of scoring. On the 44th minute we had our first chance of the game as V.Love rattled the crossbar from the edge of the area after the Man.Utd defence failed to deal with him.

The second half saw us play alittle better and on the 56th minute we had the chance to grab the lead as V.Love again came close to scoring with rasping effort which had the keeper scrambling across the goal line to deny him. On the 74th minute Man.Utd had the came close to scoring with a powerful effort which S.Given somehow got a finger on it to tip wide of the post. With ten minutes left the first goal flew in as J.Defoe showed why I paid so much for hi with a thunderous effort which gave the United keeper no chance of saving. The Geordie crowd were going wild and on the 87th minute they should of been going mental but the effort by V.Love went wide of the post. However Man.Utd couldn’t grab a goal and we grabbed a vital three points and a great victory

Newcastle United 1 J.Defoe 80

Manchester United 0

January 13th: Transfer news sees Jose Enrique joining FC Schalke for £7,000,000

January 17th: Birmingham City v Newcastle United: Premier League (22/38)

We started well against Birmingham and on the 12th minute J.Barton came close to scoring with a powerful header from A.Smiths cross. Eight minutes later we grabbed the lead as V.Love half volleyed a J.Barton cross into the top corner of the net to silence the home crowd. On the 34th minute we had another chance as S.Sinclair tested the keeper from the edge of the area but his shot was well saved by the Brum keeper.

The second half was much the same and on the hour we killed the game off as L.Lita bravely dived in with the keeper to a loose ball to see it bobble over the line for our second, however the goal came at a cross with L.Lita having to be replaced with blood running down his leg. We continued our pressure and on the 78th minute we had our final chance as V.Love fired towards goal but his effort was again well saved by the Birmingham keeper

Birmingham City 0

Newcastle United 2 V.Love 20, L.Lita 60

January 18th; Transfer news sees A.Carroll join Middlesbrough for £3,400,000

January 21st: Injury news sees M.Flamini out for around a month after spraining his ankle in training

January 23rd: Newcastle United v Chelsea: FA Cup 4th Round

A cracking game for the fans and on the 5th minute Chelsea went into the lead as A.Shevchenko fired past S.Given without much trouble after my defence seemed to fall asleep. Two minutes later though we grabbed the equaliser as a cross by S.Maloney way diverted past the Chelsea keeper by A.Cole for a comical own goal. However our joy was short lived as on the 14th minute we were behind again as A.Shevchenko fired past S.Given. My players responded well and on the 29th minute we came close to grabbing the equaliser as J.Defoe fired in with a thunderous effort but the Chelsea keeper was alert enough to block the shot. On the 37th minute we gave ourselves a mountain to climb as some dodgy defending saw A.Shevchenko grabbing his hat trick.

The second half was much as the first and on the 55th minute we came close to pegging back the lead as V.Love headed just wide of the post after running onto a great cross by S.Maloney. On the 67th minute we fired in our second goal as V.Love beat his marker with ease to fire towards goal and give us glimmer of hope. I was screaming at the players to get forward and on the 78th minute we should of grabbed the equaliser but V.Love somehow managed to miss the goal when it was easier to score. We dominated the rest of the game but just couldn’t get past the keeper and we were out of the FA Cup

Newcastle United 2 A.Cole og 7, V.Love 67

Chelsea 3 A.Shevchenko 5, 14, 37

January 24th: Transfer news sees me bringing Leigh Bromby to the club from Watford for £825,000, he is a 29yr DRC

Quite easily Stoehrst lol, once I made J.Defoe and V.Love Newcastle players I knew A.Carroll wasn't going to feature in my plans

January 27th: Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur: Premier League (23/38)

Compared to the last game this was pretty dire. There was little of note in the first half and during the interval I told the players I wanted alot more from them.

The second half was just as bad as we continued to pile on the pressure but we just couldn’t finish of the few moves we made

Newcastle United 0

Tottenham Hotspur 0

January 30th: Burnley v Newcastle United: Premier League (24/38)

Just as good as the previous game with some real poor play. The second half was just as bad and we seriously need to start pulling our fingers out

Burnley 0

Newcastle United 0

January 31st: Transfer news sees three players joining the ranks as Rafael joins us from Celta for £5,000,000, he is a 19yr old D/WBR

Sol Campbell joins us from Bolton Wanderers for £100,000, he is a 35yr old DC and finally Scott Sinclair joins from Aston Villa for £17,500,00

Boro were the only ones willing to pay what I asked... and the year is 2010 in the story

February 10th: Newcastle United v Sunderland: Premier League (25/38)

We now faced another rival team as we welcomed Sunderland to St.James Park. We were the better team from the start and on the 17th minute we went into the lead as A.Luque curled in a brilliant effort which gave the Black Cats keeper no chance of saving. Six minutes later we doubled the lead as A.Smith showed his experience to turn the defender with ease and fire past the Sunderland keeper.

The second half was much of the same as we continued to dominate and on the 73rd minute the pressure got too much for Sunderland’s J.Pennant who was sent off for a rash tackle on A.Smith. However eight minutes later we were reduced to ten men as well after J.Valdivia was sent off for an elbow on a Sunderland defender. After the sendings off there was no other action but we had done enough in the first half to grab all three points.

Newcastle United 2 A.Luque 17, A.Smith 23

Sunderland 0

February 17th: The FA have informed me that J.Valdivia will receive an extra two match ban for his sending off against Sunderland

February 21st: Middlesbrough v Newcastle United: Premier league (26/38)

We now faced Middlesbrough and we just didn’t really play as we struggled to get going and on the 11th minute we went a goal down as F.Rochemback beat my defence to an easy ball and fired the ball past S.Given to send the home fans wild. After the goal though Middlesbrough sat back and didn’t really threaten. However we just couldn’t string any number of passes together and the half ended with Boro leading 1-0.

During the interval I went mad at the players and told them I wanted a lot more from them. The half wasn’t too good as we again struggled with the basics but luckily for us Boro weren’t doing much either. With eight minutes remaining the final goal was scored as Rafael showed his Brazilian flare to beat the Boro defence down the wing and fired in a scorching effort to give us an undeserved share of the points

Middlesbrough 1 F.Rochemback 11

Newcastle United 1 Rafael 82

February 24th: Injury news sees M.Flamini out of action for around three weeks after straining his groin in training

February 27th: Newcastle United v Liverpool: Premier League (27/38)

We now faced a strong Liverpool side and they started brightly as on the 6th minute they came close to scoring but a well time tackle by S.Taylor saw the ball go out to touch. On the 11th minute though Liverpool were reduced to ten men after S.Gerrard was sent off for an elbow on A.Luque. However we didn’t take advantage of this and Liverpool continued to control the play. On the 21st minute Liverpool went into the lead as we failed to deal with the wing play of F.Aurelio as he cut inside and whipped a great shot past S.Given who was very static.

The second half wasn’t much better as Liverpool continued to control the play and on the 68th minute we went a further goal down as X.Alonso fired in from inside the area after my team just didn’t defend. Liverpool were completely dominant and it’s a good job they played most of the game with ten otherwise we could have had a cricket score past us

Newcastle United 0

Liverpool 2 F.Aurelio 21, X.Alonso 68

Archived