Strikers can not score

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
another question ............................

should i carry on with Fulham and if i do will conditions (the one on ones) get better or should i just wait for the patch?

If your really unhappy, then wait for the patch. It won't long now but there is still no definate date.

Hey Baker.Simon there is no Feb 29th...................this year.........

That's rather the point of the joke. :rolleyes:

one more thing i am halfway through the season and whenever i tie one of the big four or teams like Spurs or A Villa my fan confidence lowers drastically........now i have a patch installed but is this a problem?

You mean when you draw with big teams? Were you expected to win?

It can't be that they expect me to win. I'm 5 th in the league with my fulham team but still beating man utd is still too far fetched n that too away from home...... I don't think so. I lost 2-3 n that's a good result in my books

It can't be that they expect me to win. I'm 5 th in the league with my fulham team but still beating man utd is still too far fetched n that too away from home...... I don't think so. I lost 2-3 n that's a good result in my books

Well... the fan and board confidence is a bit messed up. I think everyone's agreed on that.

Can anyof u guys help me with the tactics...... Don't say tactical theorems ........ What do I upload n how?

Tactical theorems are a little hard to understand' date=' aern't they? :p

I suggest looking at the Tactics & Training Tips forum though, as you can probably get more accurate advice there. :)

[url']http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18[/url]

Vic can u help me with it? i do not know how to get around the page..........

... Sure. Click on the link I gave you. Then either create a new thread, asking your questions, and telling people about the problems, or ask in the 'Stupid Questions Thread'. Not saying your question is, that's just the name of the thread. ;)

The link to that thread is:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=32160

Unfortunately, it is your tactics :)

adszgl.jpg

mine do...

Let me guess...

1. You are playing either with 3 strikers (4-3-3, 3-4-3, 4-1-2-3) with no wingers

2. Playing 4-1-2-1-2 totally narrow, fast pace, direct football.

3. Cheated/AI didnt use a keeper/you played as the opp team/opp team has non league players or didnt sign any decent players etc.

Anytime you buy, or start playing, a lot of new players, they have to build chemistry. If you don't have a chance to play a massive amount of friendlies, and you make a lot of new signings and throw them in, they won't be used to playing with each other. Try using the existing players and possibly making 1-2 big signings and ease them into the squad.

Agree with this point definitely, I rarely make many signings (unless majorly need them) due to this reason.

sig.php?u=5245

To the OP, I understand your frustration, but only in the sense that my problem is the opposite. ie. ONLY my strikers score. By Christmas, Gabby had scored 19, Heskey 16, and the next top scorer was Milner with 3. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I know strikers are there to score goals, but if they get injured you're suddenly in trouble. With a team like Villa, and the tactics i employ, I had hoped for the goals to be spread a bit more around the team.

Though it's probably my tactics :(

I feel its my tactics as well. however my backroom proposed me this tactic. I have corner and freekicks set but cant find goals. I create chances through set pieces but dont seem to put them away. Direct freekicks.............no goals at all.....save one or two against lowly teams.

I feel its my tactics as well. however my backroom proposed me this tactic. I have corner and freekicks set but cant find goals. I create chances through set pieces but dont seem to put them away. Direct freekicks.............no goals at all.....save one or two against lowly teams.

Backroom Advice is not 100% reliable. Very few things irl or in the game are.

Have you asked in the Tactics forum?

ok so i lost 4-3 against chelsea.............i was 3-1 up till the 54th min...............the fans are devastated after the result...........oh and i lost the next game against birmingham 0-1.....................amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SI don't patch a bug with another bug. Don't be silly.

I do agree with you. What i think happens is that by trying to resolve some bug in the ME they can trigger another point to be exaggerated.

I do question if the system that SI use to resolve this bugs is the best solution to resolve them, since fixing something can trigger something else. I specially after 5 years of FM installments.

ok so i lost 4-3 against chelsea.............i was 3-1 up till the 54th min...............the fans are devastated after the result...........oh and i lost the next game against birmingham 0-1.....................amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to look in the Tactics forum, or are you on here merely to moan?

There is a very obvious and logical reason why your strikers don't score. They are both too similar!

If you play two up front then you need a striker and a forward who plays deeper. Two strikers rarely work together. Look at any combination in a successful team and the two forwards are never the same type of player. For every Henry you need a Bergkamp, for every Lineker you need a Beardsley, and for every Ian Rush you need a Kenny Dalglish. Don't just buy the best two forwards/strikers and expect them to score goals - it doesn't work that way.

There is a very obvious and logical reason why your strikers don't score. They are both too similar!

If you play two up front then you need a striker and a forward who plays deeper. Two strikers rarely work together. Look at any combination in a successful team and the two forwards are never the same type of player. For every Henry you need a Bergkamp, for every Lineker you need a Beardsley, and for every Ian Rush you need a Kenny Dalglish. Don't just buy the best two forwards/strikers and expect them to score goals - it doesn't work that way.

Oh, hallo mr. Capello. I didn't knew that You are on this forum too.

Thanks for the explanation that everyone knows, but it still doesn't work against the "SuperGK" mythology. But thanks anyway for trying ;)

Archived