[FM10] "Never felt more like singing the blues..."

Raware

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2013/14 : Preview

League expectation

-----------------------

Blue Square Premier (Level 5) : Avoid relegation (Board expectation) 22nd (Media prediction)

Cup expectations

-------------------

FA Cup : 3rd round

FA Trophy : 3rd round

Derbyshire Senior Cup : Not important

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £5k p/w

Current wage bill : £6k p/w

With 4 back to back promotions now, we find ourselves in the Blue Square Premier where we’re one of the favourites to go straight back down. The board are wanting us to avoid relegation whilst the media are predicting us to finish 22nd; if we can finish 20th then I’ll be more than happy! We’ve got no transfer budget and the wage budget has stayed the same but due to the promotion clauses in some of the players’ contracts, our wage bill has increased to £6k...£1k over our budget; something which could jeopardise our financial status even further :(. Despite this we’ve still managed to bring a few more players in (offsetting this by getting rid of 4 players), those being Steve Clarke, Marcus Giglio and perhaps my most pleasing signing Preston Edwards. All 3 players look like they’ll be able to compete at this level and having had Preston Edwards on previous versions of FM, I know what a great keeper he his. 2 other players we brought in were Ben West from Leeds United and Nicky Bolton from Sheffield Wednesday, both on a seasons loan just to sturdy up our back line.

Pre-season transfers

Pre-season squad : I’m confident we have more than enough quality to reach the seasons objective of avoiding relegation, providing we can stay injury free. We’re looking decent in all areas and I’ll be surprised if we succumb to the media’s prediction of relegation fodder. Saying that, you never know with this game and as long as we finish 20th I’ll be more than happy. Hopefully Sheringham and Dagnell can carry on where they left off and bang the goals in for us.

*NB : THIS SAVE IS NOW BEING PLAYED WITH THE OFFICIAL SI 10.3 PATCH* - From playing a few games with the new patch, the ME looks a lot better but there are still a couple of issues I have found so far. One is with players’ contracts. E.G. Charlie Sheringham was on £750 p/w before I installed the new patch but since installing 10.3, I’ve offered a few players new contracts, including Sheringham and he requested less than what he’s on now, £375 p/w, not that I’m complaining :D.

And two is issues with injuries...again. The reason I stopped playing FM09 was the terrible injury situation with 9.3 and so far it looks as if 10.3 has followed that injury trend. On average i'm experiencing 4-5 injuries per game.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, the issues I had with 9.3 and the 'excessive injury bug' which led to me chucking FM09 away have resurfaced with 10.3. I'm experiencing an absurd amount of injuries over the past 2 seasons and for me this is a total game breaker :(. I won't elaborate on it any more as i'm sure we all have our own opinions on it but for me, it's a total game breaker.

This will signal the end of future FM purchases for me after 17-18 years of buying each release. I'll be going back to the FM which gave me most enjoyment and that is FM08 (As I did after the rubbish that was 9.3). Yes, it had its faults but for me it's at least playable and most of all...fun.

Thanks to the guys who followed this :thup:, hopefully i'll have a new game on FM08 started soon. :D.

Archived