[FM10] "Never felt more like singing the blues..."

Raware

Game : Football Manager 2010 (PC)

Version : Official SI 10.2 patch

Database size : Large

Leagues loaded :

• England (Level 10 and above)
  • Ireland (First Division and above)
  • Northern Ireland (Second Division and above)
  • Scotland (Third Division and above)
  • Wales (Principality Welsh Premier Division only)

Previous experience : Sunday morning footballer

After so many years of wanting to play in the lower depths of the English football pyramid with my local side, Long Eaton United, thanks to the hard work from the FM community (namely superbladesman :thup:) I now can :D. This save will be my main save on FM10 now and whilst at Long Eaton my aim will be to get them into the football league and further if possible. While I want to stay at Long Eaton for as long as possible, if I do receive a job offer which is too good to turn down, I may decide to take it.

I hope you enjoy my journey. Comments are welcome :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Career Summary

Season   League          		 Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Long Eaton United[/b]

2009/10  Northern Counties East Premier    1st      League Champions, FA Vase winners, Derbys. Snr Cup winners
2010/11	 Northern Premier 1st Div South	   1st	    League Champions, Derbys. Snr Cup winners
2011/12  Northern Premier Premier	   1st	    League Champions
2012/13  Blue Square North		   1st      League Champions, Derbys. Snr Cup Winners

Trophy Cabinet

[b]Blue Square North[/b] - 2012/13

[b]Northern Premier League Premier Division[/b] - 2011/12

[b]Northern Premier 1st Division South[/b] - 2010/11

[b]Northern Counties East Premier Division [/b] - 2009/10

[b]FA Vase[/b] - 2009/10

[b]Derbyshire Senior Cup[/b] - 2009/10, 2010/11, 2012/13

*All stats are up to date with current season

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Long Eaton United F.C. are a semi professional football club from Long Eaton, Derbyshire, England who currently play in the Northern Counties East Football League Premier Division (level 9). The club play their home games at Grange Park, Long Eaton which holds 1500 and are affectionately known as The Blues. With their one and only trophy coming in the Northern Counties East League Cup in 2009, Long Eaton United are an up and coming club thirsty for success.

longeaton_home.pnglongeaton_away.png

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2009/10 : Preview

League expectation

----------------------

Northern Counties East Premier Division (Level 9) : Mid table finish (Board expectation) 13th (Media prediction)

Cup expectations

-------------------

FA Cup : 2nd qualifying round

FA Vase : 2nd round

Derbyshire Senior Cup : 2nd round

North Counties East League Cup : 3rd round

Transfer budget : £0

Wage budget : £432 p/w

Current wage bill : £400 p/w

The chairman welcomed me to the club and told me that I had the full backing of the board and that he hoped for a long and successful era under my management. Both he and the media are predicting us to finish in a mid table position by the end of the season, so to achieve this he has provided me with a massive transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of £432 p/w of which the club are already spending £400 p/w on wages. Looking at the squad upon arrival it has no quality what so ever so my first jobs are to reduce the wage bill, get rid of the dead wood and get some quality into the squad. Due to our limited transfer and wage budget I feel the only way to get some quality into the squad and at least achieve the season’s objective is to bring in players on loan; hopefully the local league clubs can help us out so I’ll be going begging to them :D.

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2009/10 : Mid season update

League table/League progress/League fixtures : We’ve had a great first half of the season which has culminated in our surprising ascent to the top of the league as we reach the halfway mark. This is thanks to the flying start we made which saw us keep up with the league’s early pace setters and included a 15 game unbeaten run :eek:. We’ve put in some impressive performances so far, the highlights being 5-0 wins against Lincoln Moorlands and Liversedge and the players are performing excellently, most notably Ben Fairclough, who is on a seasons loan from Notts County and Lee Briscoe who is also on a season’s loan but from Mansfield Town.

FA Cup : We had a amazing run in the FA Cup which saw us reach the 3rd round (the furthest the club has ever got) only for us to be knocked out, deservedly so, by League One outfit Huddersfield Town who taught us a lesson in football as they hammered us 3-0. Considering our aim was the 2nd qualifying round though, I think we did extremely well to get to where we did…and the extra revenue came in handy too!

FA Vase : We’ve had a pretty easy route so far which has seen us draw Northern League Division 2 (Level 10) side North Shields in the 4th round. With them flying high as they sit 3rd and looking good for promotion to level 9, they’ll be sure to prove a sterner test for us than our previous opponents.

Derbyshire Senior Cup : Again, we’ve had quite an easy route which has seen us reach the Semi Finals where we’ve been drawn against Blue Square North side Ilkeston. It’ll be a tough game and one in which we’re the clear under dogs but if we can put in a performance like the one against Blue Square South side, Weston-super-Mare in the FA Cup then we may have a chance.

North Counties East League Cup : We managed to come through a tricky game against fellow Northern Counties East Premier Division side, Lincoln Moorlands to book our place in the 4th round against Northern Counties East Division One side Barton Town. We’re clear favourites to progress and hopefully we can go on from there to defend our crown.

Another Raware thread, another subscription. :thup:

Long Eaton's not too far from where my family lives, passed through there many times while travelling around the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire area. Good luck with the rest of the season - looks like you are set to challenge for promotion and might sneak in a cup or two.

I'm tempted to start a save like this when the new patch is out (if I do, it would most likely be with my most local side Rocester Town).... Or perhaps a journey into the unkonwn like iseemonsters1... Or another Small Club to Big Club Challenge... That's the problem with this new editor - too many choices! :D

Another Raware thread, another subscription.

Long Eaton's not too far from where my family lives, passed through there many times while travelling around the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire area. Good luck with the rest of the season - looks like you are set to challenge for promotion and might sneak in a cup or two.

I'm tempted to start a save like this when the new patch is out (if I do, it would most likely be with my most local side Rocester Town).... Or perhaps a journey into the unkonwn like iseemonsters1... Or another Small Club to Big Club Challenge... That's the problem with this new editor - too many choices!

Good to have you following DodgeeD :thup:. I'm happy with the season so far and as you say, hopefully I can maintain our challenge for the league and maybe sneak a cup win :D.

Look forward to following you new thread whatever the game may be!

This looks brilliant

Cheers bobatwal, that's some pressure! ;)

Another new save Raware?

We need a new forum just for you

:D! This was always going to happen for me though as once it was announced that the new FM had an editor allowing you to play any league you want and as soon as superbladesman finished his database (cheers again superbladesman) I knew I was buying FM. That is the main reason why I bought FM10 as i've always wanted to play using my local side.

Great start to this one! I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on...

Cheers iseemonsters. Having lived/still living a stones throw away from Long Eaton United I hope I can have some success with them. Good to have you following :D.

Great start. I can never bring loan players in at this level, whats your secret?

I'm actually surprised at the quality of players i've managed to get in on loan. My 'secret' is to just go around the local clubs and beg! :D Forest, Notts County, Mansfield, D***y County, Leicester, Birmingham and Villa are the clubs I went to and they sent me some very handy players indeed. Not sure how much of a part locality plays but it seems young players from surroundng clubs are more likely to sign than players at clubs further away. Players at clubs further away just won't join on loan.

Another game save Raware. Good luck with this!

As I said, this save was always going to happen having long been a desire to play in the lower leagues with my local team. I've only got this one, my England one and my HK/S.Korean one! :D.

I might try with a midlands team, as you can't get any loans at teams from Yorkshire.

And you can never have too many save games :D

I've managed to get quite a few players in on loan from surrounding clubs...maybe Yorkshire are just tight! ;):D!

...And no, you can never have too many saves! :p

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2009/10 : Review

League table/League progress/League fixtures : After a great first half of the season which left us sat top of the league, we managed to continue our fine form into the second half of the season and keep up with the top teams in the division. With two thirds of the season gone, ourselves, Scarborough Athletic and Bridlington Town started to break away from the chasing pack and form a title race. It was a tight affair that went right down to the wire which culminated in the league title being decided on the last day. We lost our final league game to 3rd place Bridlington and Scarborough won their game which put them level on points with us but thanks to our superior goal difference, the title went our way! :D.

FA Cup : Our FA Cup run was over before Christmas but I was delighted with our progress. We had an amazing run which saw us reach the 3rd round (the furthest the club has ever got) but a 3-0 loss to League One outfit Huddersfield Town ended our participation in this cup. Considering our aim was the 2nd qualifying round, I think we did really well to get to where we did.

FA Vase : Surprisingly, we went all the way in this competition and claimed the FA Vase for the first time in the clubs history thanks to a 2-1 victory over Tow Law. We were quite lucky in the draws though as every team we faced were weaker than us; still, to actually go out and beat the ‘lesser’ teams showed good professionalism from the players.

Derbyshire Senior Cup : Another competition in which we surprisingly went all the way. This was perhaps the most pleasing trophy of the season as we beat some big teams along the way, including Ilkeston Town and Buxton in the final.

North Counties East League Cup : Having won this cup last year before I arrived, I would’ve liked to have retained it but we threw away a 3 goal lead in the quarter final against Bridlington Town to lose 4-3 in extra time. :(

Transfers : Due to our poor financial state and the lack of money available to offer for wages, I had no choice but to bring the majority of players in on loan. So I went begging to the surrounding league clubs :) and surprisingly managed to get some real quality in, in particularly Ben Fairclough, Astrit Ajdarevic, Mickael Darnet and Lee Briscoe. They were outstanding for us all season as were Jason Jones and Kofi Mensah who I was pleased with at getting in on permanent deals.

Squad : Considering how poor the squad was when I arrived, I’m delighted with the quality of the squad now. Obviously the players on loan will be returning to their parent clubs soon but hopefully I can make a few of them permanent, if not, maybe on loan again. I’m happy with the permanent members of the squad and hopefully, now we’ve been promoted there will be some more money available for wages to make a few more permanent signings.

Finances : When I took over at the start of the season we were just keeping our head above water but thanks to our superb cup runs, especially the FA Cup we managed to make a profit of over £100k which isn’t too bad for a team in our league!

Career Summary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Long Eaton United[/b]

2009/10  Northern Counties East Premier    1st      League Champions, FA Vase winners, Derbys. Snr Cup winners

Great season Raware, good league win :thup:

You should try and use some youth players as they can be very effective at those lower levels

Cheers Thistles. I've had my coaches report on my youth team and he says they're all rubbish! :(

Easy first season... lets see when the challenge comes.

I thought it'd be a challenge this season but I was surprised at how well we performed in all competitions entered. If I can get some more quality loans in then another promotion might be on the cards. It's when we get to level 7/6 when the challenge will start especially with the loan rules.

Nice first season Raware. Loans are the way to go in the lower lower leagues. :D

Good luck next season. :thup: (and actually have a permanently signed starting XI! :p)

Cheers rancer, in my situation loans were the only way to go...I couldn't afford anything else! The new season has just started and i've £2k p/w to spend on wages now as opposed to the £432 p/w I had last year so should be able to get a few more players in permanently.

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2010/11 : Preview

League expectation

---------------------

Northern Premier League First Division South (Level 8) : Reach the play offs (Board expectation) 5th : (Media prediction) :eek:

Cup expectations

-------------------

FA Cup : 4th qualifying round

FA Trophy : 3rd qualifying round

Northern League Challenge Cup : 2nd round

Northern League President’s Cup Semi Final

Derbyshire Senior Cup : Semi Final

Transfer budget : £6k

Wage budget : £2.2k p/w

Current wage bill : £2.8k p/w

After our promotion last year, we’re now in the Northern Premier League First Division South (level 8) and both the board and the media are expecting us to reach the play offs :eek: which has surprised me somewhat. I know we over achieved last year but to ask for the play offs is putting the pressure on a little! It’s going to be tough but at least our transfer and wage budget has increased, allowing me to get a bit of quality in. We’ve signed a few players already during pre-season which I’m pretty happy with, especially Sylvain Legwinski who at 36 years young still looks like he can do the business. Three other players who I’m pleased to have got are Paddy Gamble, Alan Power and Charlie Sheringham who all look like they can cut it in this division.

Pre-season transfers

Pre-season squad : I’m fairly happy with the shape the squad has taken now but more pleased that we’ve actually managed to get our own players in so we don’t have to rely on loans. I would still like to add a few more faces as the squad is looking a bit thin but as we’re already £600 p/w over on the wage budget I think it’s more likely players will be leaving :(.

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2010/11 : Mid season update

League table/League progress/League fixtures : A great first half of the season which has again surprised me a bit as we sit in the play offs at the half way stage. We’ve put in some good performances so far in which although we’ve not dominated games, in fact a lot of them we’ve been on the back foot, we’ve still managed to sneak wins by the odd goal or so. The main reasons for this are Anthony Malbon, who’s netted 18 goals in 27 games since joining on loan from Port Vale, Charlie Sheringham, who’s looking every bit as good as his dad (a bold statement I know!) as he’s smashed in 20 goals in 32 games and Lee Carsley who is probably one of my best signings EVER on CM/FM. I was surprised we managed to sign him after he left Birmingham for Midland Combination Premier side Castle Vale last season but it seems he still can and still wants to perform at a half decent level…a steal for us as he signed on a free :).

FA Cup : For the 2nd successive season we managed to reach the 3rd round only for League 2 side Lincoln City to knock us out this time. We couldn’t really complain as we we’re 2nd to everything and fully deserved to lose. Still, the extra revenue came in handy.

FA Trophy : Very disappointed to go out in the 1st Qualifying round in our debut season in this competition, especially against a side that were much weaker than us…on paper anyway :mad:.

Northern League Challenge Cup : We’re looking good so far in our debut season in this cup as we’ve swept away teams without conceding a goal yet to reach the Quarter Final. It’ll be a little more difficult though as we face King’s Lynn, who only a couple of years ago were playing their football in the Blue Square North.

Northern League President’s Cup : Another cup we were sent crashing out of and again I’m disappointed with our exit. The board were expecting to reach the Semi’s at least and they’ve made it clear to me that it’s unacceptable to be out of this cup.

Derbyshire Senior Cup : We’re out to defend our title this year and so far it’s looking good. We had a scare in the 2nd round as we scraped by Ilkeston on penalties but now we’re looking forward to a Semi Final clash with Graham St. Prims who we should beat.

Good luck with this.

You have made a good start and look in a strong position in the league if your games in hand go your way.

Getting them into the football legue should be a good challenge.

You said you may leave for the right offer, Is that after you reach the football league? or is it a possibility at any time?

Good luck with this.

You have made a good start and look in a strong position in the league if your games in hand go your way.

Getting them into the football legue should be a good challenge.

You said you may leave for the right offer, Is that after you reach the football league? or is it a possibility at any time?

Cheers WH :thup:. Unfortunately though, we're on a terrible run at the minute and have thrown our games in hand advantage out of the window. Just so inconsistent :mad:.

Hopefully I can take them in to the football league before/if I move on. I've always wanted to manage my local side on FM so i'll be sticking with them for a while but ultimately I obviously want to win the big trophies and I don't think i'll be able to do that at Long Eaton...i'm not as good as dafuge! :D;)

After being linked with the vacant Exeter and Barnet jobs last season but never being approached it was nice to have this offer land on my desk :D. I think I still have a while at Long Eaton though and i'd like to get them into the football league even before thinking about other jobs. It's nice to know all of my hard work isn't going to waste though and i'm actually getting noticed by clubs :D.

After being linked with the vacant Exeter and Barnet jobs last season but never being approached it was nice to have this offer land on my desk :D. I think I still have a while at Long Eaton though and i'd like to get them into the football league even before thinking about other jobs. It's nice to know all of my hard work isn't going to waste though and i'm actually getting noticed by clubs :D.

This is madness...

Lee Carsley! Its Madness. :eek:

This is madness...

Lee Carsley! Its Madness. :eek:

Lee Carsley on 50 quid a week. :D

Good luck.

I was just as surprised! He actually signed for Castle Vale in the Midland Combination Premier (level 10) last season from Birmingham and when my scouts recommended him I thought he's a must buy. He wanted £500 p/w but I could only afford £50 so I offered him that...and he accepted! :D Bristol City, Cardiff and Swindon are sniffing around but he's contracted until 2012 so unless I accept an offer too good to turn down for a 36 year old, or my stupid chairman accepts an offer, he's going nowhere. He's making a massive difference for us in level 8. :D

Good start so far Raware. What a signing getting Lee Carsley. Hope you manage to keep him at the club. :)

Cheers rancer. He's undoubtedly one of my best signings EVER on CM/FM! :eek: To get a player of his quality to sign for us is a real coup and I was surprised to get him. I was perhaps even more surprised that he previously signed for Level 10 side Castle Vale. That's maybe why I was able to get him; if he was still at Birmingham I don't think he'd of signed for us. Similarly with Legwinski signing with us. Still, i'm not complaining! :D

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2010/11 : Review

League table/League progress/League fixtures : With a good first half of the season under our belts, the second half was all about maintaining our form to keep us in and around the play offs come the end of the season to meet the pre season expectation set by the board. I’d of been more than happy to have made the play offs at the start of the season considering we were the new boys in the league so for us to go on and actually win the league is something I’m surprised yet delighted with! At one point, I did think we were going to blow our games in hand advantage as we went through an inconsistent period of drawing too many games, but we managed to knuckle down and get some good results to go on and claim the title and a second successive promotion! :D.

FA Cup : Again our FA Cup run was over before Christmas and as I said in the mid season update, we managed to reach the 3rd round for the 2nd successive season only for League 2 side Lincoln City to knock out us out. We couldn’t really complain as were 2nd to everything and fully deserved to lose. The plus points though were the experience of playing football league teams and gaining the extra revenue.

FA Trophy : Another competition in which we were out of before Christmas as we were dumped out by Leyton of the Isthmian 1st Division North league :mad:.

Northern League Challenge Cup : After looking good in this cup, it all went wrong in the quarter final as we were knocked out by King’s Lynn who fully deserved their win. They really should’ve won by a bigger margin and it kind of brought us back down to earth and back to the reality of where we really are.

Northern League President’s Cup : Another cup, another exit as Lancaster dumped us out of this competition. This one perhaps hurt the most as I fully expected us to beat Lancaster and go on to maybe win the cup. The only consolation was that we did go out to Lancaster who did go on to reach the final only to lose to Chorley.

Derbyshire Senior Cup : As I said in the mid season update, we were out to defend our title this year and to my delight we did as we went on to beat troubled Blue Square North side Alfreton Town, 2-0 in the final! :D.

Transfers : It was a very busy season for us in the transfer market as we brought in 26 players, 15 of those being on permanent contracts thanks to our increased wage budget. I was really pleased at the quality we got in especially Alan Power who chipped in with some important goals from midfield, Anthony Malbon who showed he knew where the back of the net was and Charlie Sheringham who showed glimpses of his dad as he smashed in 29 goals in 50 appearances to claim the Northern Premier D1S top scorer award.. Without a doubt though my star signing of the season and perhaps ever was Lee Carsley who we managed to get on a free from Midland Combination Premier side, Castle Vale.

Squad : I know a lot of the squad were once again on loan but I’m delighted with the players we got in this year, especially the players on permanent contracts. Once the loan players go back, plus with the news that veterans Darren Barnard and Sylvain Legwinski are retiring at the end of the season, the squad will be looking a bit thin so I’ll be out and about again looking for players. Our top performers this year, Carlsey and Power have got a year left on their contracts and Sheringham’s has 3 years left so I’ll be looking to build the team around them (providing I can keep hold of them). Hopefully we can get another increase on the wage budget and maybe get some more quality loan players in for next season.

Finances : The finances are looking terrible this year! We made a loss of nearly £200k thanks to the high wage budget (which we’ve now toned down to £2.1k p/w from £2.8k p/w), lack of gate receipts and high signing on fees. Unless we can drastically raise our attendances or have a few good cup runs, I think we may have to sell a few players to get us back in to the black.

Career Summary

[b]Long Eaton United[/b]

2010/11	 Northern Premier 1st Div South	   1st	    League Champions, Derbys. Snr Cup winners

Well done on promotion Raware! Best of luck in Tier 7! Whatever you do, don't sell Carsley!! :mad: (unless it's too good to turn down of course)

Are you planning to rely on loans next season, and do you have a parent club?

Cheers rancer :thup:. I'm not sure how difficult Tier 7 is as we've beaten teams from Tier 7 in the cups the past few seasons. I think the real test comes when you reach Tier 6 (Blue Square North/South) as there's a limit on loan players and the quality of the AI is a lot better. With the lack of restrictions on loan players (plus it's the only option available to me because of our carp finances) and the fact that you only need 3 or 4 quality players in Tiers 9, 8 (maybe 7), it seems quite easy to make an impact within those leagues.

I'm still dancing about signing Carsley! To get a player of his calibre to a team like us and for free is definitely a coup for me. I still don't know if it was more surprising him signing for us or for a Tier 10 team before us. If he was still at Birmingham then I don't think there was any way he'd of signed for us. He's got a year left in which he'll be 38 when his contract expires so i'm wanting to keep him for at least another year, providing the chairman doesn't step in!

As for next season, depending on what our wage budget is like, I may have to get more players in on loan. It's not ideal but it's the only way; besides clubs get by like this all the time IRL so why shouldn't I? That's what the loan market is for right? ;)

I keep asking for a parent club but the board keep saying that while they agree in principal, there's no viable club to link us with :(.

Two championships in two years. Good going...

Cheers Nobby. I think in these lower divisions, you only need a couple of quality players and they really make a difference for you. I think we could make it three championships in a row this year as the teams in the Northern Premier Premier aren't much better than the teams in our previous league (with the exception of the teams who came down from the BSN). Then the hard work will start once in level 6...gotta get there first though :D.

You should get carsley to tutor your youth prospects, imagine a team with his mental stats! :D

I already have :D. Doesn't seem to be doing much though as they're still carp! I have managed to sign Ibrahim Sissoko on a permanent basis though after having him on loan last season from Notts County and with Carsley tutoring him now, I think he may well be able to improve significantly.

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2011/12 : Preview

League expectation

-----------------------

Northern Premier League Premier Division (Level 7) : Respectable league position (Board expectation) 7th (Media prediction)

Cup expectations

-------------------

FA Cup : 2nd round

FA Trophy : 1st round

Northern League Challenge Cup : Final

Derbyshire Senior Cup : Not important

Transfer budget : £4.13k

Wage budget : £3.57k p/w

Current wage bill : £3.55k p/w

With back to back promotions in the past two years now, we find ourselves in the Northern Premier League Premier Division (Level 7) this season. The board are wanting a respectable league position by the end of the season whilst the media are expecting better things from us as they’re predicting us to finish 7th, just outside the play offs. While the media are expecting us to make an impact within the league, I’m happy with the board’s expectation and think a season of survival and hopefully consolidation within the division is a more realistic target for us. Our wage budget has increased again which has allowed us to bring in some more players but I don’t want to bring in too many as last year saw us over spend and we now find ourselves £130k in the red because of that. So far we’ve managed to get in Ibrahim Sissoko on a permanent basis after impressing whilst on loan last year and veteran Inigo Idiakez who’s experience could be vital for us. Two other players I’m pleased at getting in, albeit on loan, are Alan Byrne and Graham Stark who both look like they can offer us something.

Pre-season transfers

Pre-season squad : Whilst I’m relatively pleased with the squad, it still needs a few more faces as we’re looking quite thin on the ground especially when injuries and suspensions start to come in to play as the season progresses. With no more money available for wages though, any new faces will have to be on loan but my scouts and myself are really struggling to find players willing to come to us…strange considering they were when we were playing in a lower league :confused:.

How the hell did i not see this thread?!?!

A couple of superb seasons there Raware, Lee Carsley is insane for that level :eek:

Best of luck in Level 7, although i doubt that you'll need it! :D

Cheers hamilton :thup: Several clubs are declaring their interest in Carsley now and he starting to say he'd be foolish to turn down a move. He's refusing to sign a new contract too so it looks as if he'll be gone :(.

Not sure how easy Level 7 is gonna be as i'm really struggling to find any talent good enough to make an impact in the league.

Quick update

After weeks of speculation and numerous clubs declaring their interest in Lee Carsley, he's finally agreed a years extension on his contract which will see him stay with us until 2013 :cool:. He's undoubtedly a key player for us especially with the 4-1-3-2 system we use and although being 37 years old, he can still offer a lot in the middle of the park for us.

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2011/12 : Mid season update

League table/League progress/League fixtures : We’ve reached that halfway mark of the season again and I’m pleased with how it’s gone so far as we sit in the top half of the table after 18 games. We made a slow start but managed to pick it up after a few games once the players adjusted to each other and confidence grew which saw us go on a 7 game winning streak. Our form has taken a slight dip in recent weeks though as we’ve lost to the top 3 teams in the division, but the possibility of cementing a place in the play off spots is there if we can win our games in hand and if we can maintain that position by the end of the season I’ll be more than pleased. Our main performer so far this year has once again been that man Charlie Sheringham who continues to knock the goals in for fun with his goals total standing at 21 already this season and 50 overall for the club. Without him we’d definitely be struggling and maybe even fighting amongst the relegation candidates.

FA Cup : We went one better this year as we reached the 4th round of the FA Cup, the furthest the club has ever reached :). However, we couldn’t overcome League 2 side Bradford City as they showed their superiority and comfortably won 1-0. Nevertheless, for us to reach the 4th round is a great achievement and I’m pleased with our progress in this cup, as were the board.

FA Trophy : After our dire performance in this cup last season, a better one was a must this year as the board made it clear that another early exit was unacceptable; so, I’m pleased we’re still in this competition as we reach the 2nd round stage. We’ve already brushed aside Blue Square South sides Farnborough and Lewes and can look forward to a tie against Blue Square North side Hyde, a game we’re more than capable of winning.

Northern League Challenge Cup : A relatively straight forward route so far in this competition but it was at this stage last year we were sent crashing out and after being paired with Guiseley in the Quarter final, who we’ve just lost to in the league, it’ll be a tight affair.

Derbyshire Senior Cup : With back to back wins in this cup, we’re out for a third this season and so far, it’s looking good. We’ve been a bit lucky in the draw but Belper should prove a sterner test, still we should beat them to book another appearance in the final where we’ll meet either New Mills or Alfreton.

You need to slow down mate so i can catch up.

Nice little update there mate...keep up the good work!

EDIT: On my save i just turned a monthly profit of £328. First time ever. Hope to continue it, a good cup run should see the people of Borrowash flock to the Robinson Construction Bowl!

You need to slow down mate so i can catch up.

Nice little update there mate...keep up the good work!

EDIT: On my save i just turned a monthly profit of £328. First time ever. Hope to continue it, a good cup run should see the people of Borrowash flock to the Robinson Construction Bowl!

Ha ha mate, good to see you posting on the forums :thup:.

You need to get your finger out and catch up! Good to hear you're making a profit at the Vics, i'm still losing money every week and am now about £-170k! :(. Although the FA Cup run brought a bit of money in.

So, when you getting your game on here? ;)

Brilliant work Raware A playoff spot looks on the cards if Sherringham can keep up this form :)

Cheers hamilton. I hope you're right although Sheringham tends to struggle after Christmas, I don't know why. He did last season and the season before that with his previous club. Hopefully other players can start chipping in with a few goals.

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2011/12 : Review

League table/League progress/League fixtures : With our solid start to the season which left us just outside the play offs by Christmas, this set us up nicely for the remainder of the season with a shot at the play offs. Now I know this is going to sound surprising and trust me, no one is more surprised than me :eek:, but as we started our run up into the second half of the season, we found ourselves picking up our form and claiming some important wins. Couple that with the teams around us constantly slipping up and we were well into the mix for a shot at the league title which by the end of the season saw the title decided on the last day as both ourselves and Bradford Park Avenue fought it out for the title. Thankfully though, we got the result we needed to go on and claim our third straight league title and with that a place in the Blue Square North next season! I think it might be a little more difficult next season!

FA Cup : As usual, our FA Cup run was over by Christmas but as I said in the mid season update, for us to reach the 4th round is a great achievement and I was pleased with our progress in this cup.

FA Trophy : If I’m honest, we were never going to be able to compete in this cup with the likes of BSP champions Luton Town in it and it was them who knocked us out in the Quarter Final on their way to claiming their 2nd successive FA Trophy. Still, I’m pleased to have gone as far as we did and to beat 4 BSN/BSS sides along the way goes to show that we can cut it with the bigger teams sometimes.

Northern League Challenge Cup : With the board expecting us to reach the final this year, the pressure was on a little. So when we were drawn against Guiseley in the Quarters who we’d just lost to in the league, it was always going to be a tough game. Needless to say it was a tight affair which went all the way to penalties where unfortunately we just couldn’t hold our nerve :(.

Derbyshire Senior Cup : We were out for a third straight triumph in this competition this year and it looked as if we were going to achieve that. But Belper rode their luck in the Semi’s and despite only having 2 shots on goal and surviving a barrage of shots from us, they held out to go through to the final where they lost on penalties to Alfreton.

Transfers : We added a few more faces to the squad this year as we brought in 7 players on permanent contracts and 6 players in on loan, including Gerard Kinsella, Nathan Adams and Reuben Noble-Lazarus who joined the club for a second successive season on loan. Out of the door saw mainly youngsters again as none were deemed good enough for the club (we really need to start producing some good youth products!)

Squad : Once again the players really surprised me as they did amazingly well to make the step up to the Northern Premier League Premier Division. The most notable performers were Nathan Adams and Alan Byrne who both impressed whilst on loan and I’ll be doing everything in my power to try and sign them on a permanent basis and Charlie Sheringham who just can’t stop scoring as he bagged 34 goals in 50 games to become the clubs top scorer for the 2nd successive season and the clubs all time scorer, his record standing at 42 league goals/63 total goals.

Finances : Woeful! £-200k now and ever increasing :(. We just can’t make a profit despite being under our wage budget and signing players on frees/loans. The main cause of this is the lack of supporters I think as gates are only averaging 300-400. With the stadium only having a maximum capacity of 1500 I doubt even this would turn a profit. Hopefully though, with ourselves in the Blue Square North next season, we’ll see a big rise in attendances which should at least generate a bit more money.

Career Summary

[b]Long Eaton United[/b]

2011/12  Northern Premier Premier	   1st	    League Champions

Archived