Patch 10.3 hopes

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hope that all bugs will be fixed and that all transfers will be up to date ... no leftovers :)

I also hope that all tje known bugs will be fixed and that they'll update all the transfers, DB and everything else. :)

Why ?

Because there are too many CCC's that my strikers miss 9/10 times (unreal), because I can't play direct and wide football due to wingers being useless. And I won't play all those wonder tactics which are narrow.

It's 4-4-2 with AMR & AML for me or i won't be playing it at all. I made one tactic as I like in the demo and it worked fantasticaly, but in the full game with both patches it just doesn't works at all...

TBH, I do think this is the best FM ever considering everything...exept for ME which is really bad IMO. Beacuse you can be only a good manager if you understand ME and not if you understand football IRL (which I think I do).

Don't take this as a rant, because you can't imagine how much I would like these and other issues to be fixed for 10.3.

I really want the begin properly my Man Utd long term save. :)

No, I meant why specifically if it doesn't come out in February?

:D Well, basicaly because I can't wait anymore to begin playing properly. :)

P.S. I saw in other thread that you mentioned dates when the final patches came out for FM07, 08, 09. So, let's hope it comes out in Feb for FM10 too. :)

My only hope for 10.3 is that it will stop the whining.

Is that really necessary?

Do you see me saying the FM10 is the worst game ever? No, I decided to show my critics to what I don't like in the hopes that SI fix them. If they don't... well that is their prerogative, not mine, not even yours.

Comments like that doesn't help and no one is pointing a gun to your head to read this thread and other like this thread.

Back to topic. I already said. Just fix the ME and make the game more simpler and fun. The rest will fill in place.

Greetings to all,

First of all, I must confess that this is my first post on the FM Community forum, and FM 2010 was, also, the first FM game I played in life. Albeit I enjoy football management «simulators», I have never played FM in my life. My previous experience with football management video games was with the oldie CM, namely, 2002 version, which was a game that I loved a lot. After that CM edition, and since my computer sucked a lot, I quitted playing games in the PC until last year, when I bought a new top notch computer.

So, in the end, and to summarize it all, FM 2010 was my introduction to the mythic FM game series.

I've been reading the forums since the game went out to the market, and read a whole bunch of bad reviews done by the players, the lack of patches, bugs, etc. I have no criticism to make in terms of crashes, etc., but there are a few small things that irritate me a lot in this game, and those things, if I remember well, didn't happened in the old CM, which was, so to say, the framework for FM series, if I'm not wrong.

Here it goes:

a) – My first criticism goes straightly to the transfer fees. It doesn't make any sense that, for example, the minimum price I have to pay for a player, is always the double of the «price tagged». It is ridiculous, in my sense, that I rarely, but really rarely, can buy a player without negotiation, and by negotiation I mean having the pay the double or, sometimes, the triple of its price. It is nonsense. I mean, this happens both with top notch players, superstars, and with «normal» ones. And then there also another problem, which is: I always have to pay the double to buy some player, but when I'm the one trying to sell a player, I rarely can make the same. Even if I'm trying to sell a superstar, rarely the clubs accept paying the double for it, which is a stupidity in terms of the «game engine», I guess. This is one needs to be corrected if not on this FM version, at least for the future ones, please;

b) – Second criticism, which in someway is related to the previous one, goes to the wrong evaluation that FM does to some players, in respect to its price. For example, Di Maria, from Benfica (Portugal), has a real price of 25 or 30 million euros, but the game puts his price like a ridiculous 5 million euros. The buy-out clause on the game still is 25\30 millions, which is right, but then, the «normal price», that is, not making a recurrence to the buy-out clause, is only 5 million euros? I presume that FM database is, the majority of times, made by the game fans, but this kind of information, in terms of prices, need a little more research and attention to the particular football markets. I just said Di Maria, but I could say a lot other players not from the «big football markets / leagues»;

c) – My third criticism goes to the lack of loyalty from players. For example, with Benfica, once again, I always have to renew the contract with players like Luisão, Aimar, David Luiz, etc., because they seem to be anxious to leave the club. This thing does not happen in the «real world». We all know players from several clubs who really have that attitude towards the club in which they play, but I really don't know where the FM team went picking information about these footballers and why made them «suffer» such a disquiet attitude towards the team / club. These particular footballers never made any kind of public comment with the desire to leave the club. One thing is the perspective and desire to leave the club in the future, for a better one, another is a constant disquiet and wanting to leave the club as soon as possible, even if the club is wining everything that exist to be won. In sum, a better acknowledgment of a player personality towards the club in which we plays, would be nice;

d) – My fourth criticism is related with the previous one, but is directed towards the staff. In FM 2010 is very hard to maintain top staff in a club more than one season, because after the first one, they always want to be working with a better (?!) one. That does not give a stability to a team, in terms of their fitness, tactics, etc. Every pre-season I have to contract new staff, and you all know how hard is for a club to get good staff, specially if you're not from the top notch leagues. At least stay two years or create a buy-out clause for staff, just like the ones existing for the players. Usually a club pays only the amount of money existing in the years of contract, but it would be nice if we could set up high buy-out clauses for staff, just like we do with the players.

And this is it. I know that most of things described in my message hardly can be corrected for the new patch, but the message stays so that you could improve on the next version of the game, I guess.

Sorry for the huge message – I know, pardon me – but it was my first post on the board. I also know that my comments would stay better on the another topic, «Wishlist», but I wanted to give me feedback on this one. Sorry for any given mistake on English.

My regards to all.

Is that really necessary?

Do you see me saying the FM10 is the worst game ever? No, I decided to show my critics to what I don't like in the hopes that SI fix them. If they don't... well that is their prerogative, not mine, not even yours.

Comments like that doesn't help and no one is pointing a gun to your head to read this thread and other like this thread.

Back to topic. I already said. Just fix the ME and make the game more simpler and fun. The rest will fill in place.

Did I aim that at you specifically, mention you by name? No. So why the response, probably cos your guilty of whining.

How many 'hopes for 10.3' threads do there need to be? Whats wrong with putting feedback in the 'official 10.2 feedback thread'

On topic, my hopes are that they don't make it any simpler, this is supposed to be a football management sim, if I want easy I'll buy FIFA manager, as can the rest of you that think its too hard. I like a challenge and to feel like I've earned what I won.

Did I aim that at you specifically, mention you by name? No. So why the response, probably cos your guilty of whining.

How many 'hopes for 10.3' threads do there need to be? Whats wrong with putting feedback in the 'official 10.2 feedback thread'

On topic, my hopes are that they don't make it any simpler, this is supposed to be a football management sim, if I want easy I'll buy FIFA manager, as can the rest of you that think its too hard. I like a challenge and to feel like I've earned what I won.

To be honest I won't discuss anything with you, because your here with one goal to create conflict so that moderators are forced close down the thread.

What I think is also important is whatever good changes are added to the patch please SI include them in 2011. How many times over the years are we talking about - defending - one on ones - closing down - transfer system - team talks etc etc. Why do they keep reoccuring game after game?!

The big question is when do S.I hope to release this??? Because sometimes they have been very slow and taken over a week, yet others it has been a matter of 48 hours!! Still fantastic game and I hope they are realistic with Birmingham & West Ham finances.

What I think is also important is whatever good changes are added to the patch please SI include them in 2011. How many times over the years are we talking about - defending - one on ones - closing down - transfer system - team talks etc etc. Why do they keep reoccuring game after game?!

I ask the exact same question. They even created a new Transfer system for FM09, but things changed only a bit but not that much.

One of the things that is reoccurring is the super GK. In FM07 (I play a lot - for the last three years I have been playing) there is super GK, that defend everything in games at row, the same seems to be in FM10. I just want coherent, realistic ME, that creates a challenge then instead of me figuring out the ME to win the games.

Every year we have to wait until february to play game propertly witn no bugs...

I only wonder why I buy game at october, probebley FM 2011 I will wait and buy it in february 2012...

Agreed. I like to start a new game and have all the changes. Yet I don't have an awful lot of time to play the game. So it's released I get about a season and a half in and restart. December patch about two seasons and restart. February the same and then the next game is released.

Thionk I'll just Weegie it this time around until the final patch is released for 2011 as you say sometime next February!!

please delete the press meeting or fix it to make it better and realistic. I have to play a big opponent with a small club, so I am telling in the news that we have not so good chances, we will do our best, I would like to play an open game and look to defend my goal, I don't see us as winner, and all this only because I want to let my opponent believe they will have an easy match, so that I can counter, play hard and attacking, close down my opponent and take the match. But how can I do that when my players are upset about my press conference? They want that I say: we will win. Yeah, we are the best. Our opponent can't harm us. We are the champions. Then my players are good with moral, they are pleased with my press conference, but what will my opponent do? So, this press conference has to be sorted well. Because it doesn't look like in real life. I can't take advantage about my opponent with the news. It is a trick, you told that your opponent is the favorit, the opponent moral will be boost that they have an easy game, and then you only have to counter them.

Fix the press conference too

thanks

magnifique

I am struggling to keep a 1:1 away draw against a 3x better opponent, a opponent who should be winning 5:0, and how does the AI score? 78' min. Long range shout, about 35m away from goal, a screamer right in the opposite edge of my goal. And the player is a WBL (Manuel Pamic) with 11 in long-shooting. The game ends 2:1, my Alozi had a chance 2m away from the GK in min. 92' but it was like you all know: saved. But it is not this that make me angry, but the fact how the opponent got his goal. And SI told us that the impossible long range kicks were out. Yeah, of course. Funny, that this "fixed shoot" can cost me the second quali round of ch. league.

And I newer saw a cross going over the header of the players. Every cross is so exact, even when i am closing the player, he cross right on the head of his striker. Wooow. Of course, the same is on my side. Every player can cross "Beckham passes"

Because there are too many CCC's that my strikers miss 9/10 times (unreal), because I can't play direct and wide football due to wingers being useless. And I won't play all those wonder tactics which are narrow.

It's 4-4-2 with AMR & AML for me or i won't be playing it at all. I made one tactic as I like in the demo and it worked fantasticaly, but in the full game with both patches it just doesn't works at all...

TBH, I do think this is the best FM ever considering everything...exept for ME which is really bad IMO. Beacuse you can be only a good manager if you understand ME and not if you understand football IRL (which I think I do).

Don't take this as a rant, because you can't imagine how much I would like these and other issues to be fixed for 10.3.

I really want the begin properly my Man Utd long term save. :)

So very well said, this is exactly what is wrong with the game imho.

Narrow tactics are too good at the moment, but its mainly because anything with wide players is gimp or totally broken due to the total fail that is crossing.

Anyone can play 4-1-2-1-2 and get enough CCC chances per game to maybe not notice this issue ( for me this actually shows the issue more as my forwards get more one v ones ) and do well. I managed to win the treble using wide players but only because they were could score goals (Arshavin and Ribery )

Anyone who does well with a formation using width will score a high % of their goals from corners because they will get that many due to the ME not allowing wingers to get balls into the box, and if they do manage one, its usually a terrible cross thats headed way easily by the defender or goes past everyone.

I would love to be playing the same version as the game that the people that complain about us ' whiners ' are playing.

Edgar555, could you please stop trolling this thread? If you believe this game is perfect, then be a good fanboy and don't read these threads if they annoy you so much that you feel the need to try and get it locked by trying to bait people with your very poor trolling skills. I don't see anybody in this thread that is not raising valid points. We all want the game to be better, so what on earth is your problem?

FM10 is so, so close to being spot on, almost perfectm but little things and the major issues with the ME are ruining the game for people and they want to see it sorted in 10.3........

can you repair the code: "instant injury after substitute"!!!

I mean, it can't be so idiotic, that I make a change, and then in the last 10-15 minutes, my player gets injuried, ok, I will subtitute him. I substitute him and one more player, so it are the last 2 subs that I had.

"Tacktic been changed."

""Or that is bad for xxxx. He can't continue. he has to leave the field injuried."

What???? The substitute walk in, and gets injuried. Come on, be a little more realistic on injuries.

thanks.

p.s. 76' Ndala gets injuried. 78' Ndala walk out, Puzigaca came in. 78' Puzigaca gets injuried.

I'd just like the AI to make decent bids for my players. It's annoying when you have bit bid a few mil more than a players current vaule, but when it comes to the AI they bit just their current value or £200k over which then unsettles my players. The AI should make better bids for a users players as they have no problem paying over the odds on other AI players.

Agreed. I like to start a new game and have all the changes. Yet I don't have an awful lot of time to play the game. So it's released I get about a season and a half in and restart. December patch about two seasons and restart. February the same and then the next game is released.

Thionk I'll just Weegie it this time around until the final patch is released for 2011 as you say sometime next February!!

I would like to see SI with a lot of people buying the game in february, and their reaction with sold only a half copies of game... maybe we could have a game with only one patch ( and no bugs ) at least..

because there are too many ccc's that my strikers miss 9/10 times (unreal), because i can't play direct and wide football due to wingers being useless. And i won't play all those wonder tactics which are narrow.

It's 4-4-2 with amr & aml for me or i won't be playing it at all. I made one tactic as i like in the demo and it worked fantasticaly, but in the full game with both patches it just doesn't works at all...

Tbh, i do think this is the best fm ever considering everything...exept for me which is really bad imo. Beacuse you can be only a good manager if you understand me and not if you understand football irl (which i think i do).

Don't take this as a rant, because you can't imagine how much i would like these and other issues to be fixed for 10.3.

I really want the begin properly my man utd long term save. :)

08>07>09/10

Well that's just your opinion, right? :)

right.

i am very disappointed in SI with long term games, it is simply ridiculous, they havnt made any progress, it was actually better in 08. there is no point playing after 2015 because

1) juventus GK is barely good enough for serie B

2) 95% regens have off the ball 1-8

3) ac milan defence leader has jumping of 5.

4) most midtable teams have serie B/relegation battle quality players.(napoli, samp,lazio)

5) the crappy teams of the league become so bad that you can beat them with your U19s 4-0.

the list can go on but ill stop there.

100% agreed. Every version since god knows when has had the one on one issue (as the most glaring example) on release. Every year it's eventually acknowledged and fixed. How the hell does it creep back in again year after year? Why can't they just build on the latest patch and make improvements on that instead of reworking all the basics just to go the full circle again with the fixes?

1. Fed up with watching players who have zero common sense or urgency. Decision making is laughable in so many areas.

2. FK's always hit the wall.

3. The stupid first touch where a striker passes the ball to a keeper.

4. Strikers always seem to shoot AT the goalie, not to either side of him. (this is what makes people think super-goalies exist I believe).

5. Defence can be a disgrace at time.

6. My tactics are often simply ignored.

7. A Tempo meter added for each individual player, as opposed to just having one big team version.

8. The randomness of form needs a serious look at.

just a small tweak needed to stop my defender side stepping like a crab whilst clearing a long ball over the top, so much so that a forward has run the entire length of the pitch and nicks it off him....

LOL like a crab! My defenders remind me of the Best Pub Team In The World advert, theres some skill involved but it's all a bit slow and ponderous and sometimes they forget to clear their lines or run after a loose ball altogether.

Heres some of my suggestions, I appreciate a lot of these would really be for FM11 rather than the 10.3 patch but i'll rattle em out anyway:

Easily-exploited gaps in the defence need to be sorted please. And I mean that from an objective point of view, i think my own teams are finding it far too easy to get through as well as the opposition.

One way to fix the one-on-one ratio might be a few more goals scored through the keeper's legs? That is so often the way a goal is scored at the top level, either by strikers with great accuracy who can predict even a brilliant keeper's dive, or by a bit of luck.

Some more interesting ME graphics like basic dribbling tricks (just drop the shoulder and nudge the ball the other way, not necessarily stepovers or anything too fancy); more exciting tackling and blocking; a few missed chance/own goal/disallowed goal/penalty conceded/dodgy offside/red card hand emotion graphics, maybe even Italians running up to the ref with the ever-popular 'shaking pinching hands' gesture (what does it mean?!?); square-ups, pushing, shoving at corners; more movements for controlling passes rather than the 'magnetic boots' which is often how it appears; feints for passes (very frequent IRL) and mis-anticipated blocks with feet flying out as a result; less clumsy 50/50 scenarios where there is just a bit of standing around and the ball bounces back and forth with little reaction from each player until one gives up and the other wanders off with the ball, its a logical outcome for the situation but the graphics are dull, lets have some shoulders and knees and grabbing involved; there seems to be situations where an aerial challenge is penalised but the foul is given and the whistle blows before the graphic is completed (i presume this is a known issue); actual bad tackles so we can believe a booking was justified; more handballs with visible arms; shirt pulls; dramatic falls and injuries (dives?); better reaction to ricochets - though this has improved since the initial release; less accurate long balls but better efforts by receiving players to stick out legs or burst a gut to catch the pass; a few more goal celebrations, including takes-shirt-off-and-is booked?; less 'pass bounces off player's back since he is making the run and ignoring the ball' situations and more reaction when it does occur.

The stadiums and fans are great but limited in their variety, especially with the top teams (I know they mostly DO look the same from TV but then could we get some variety like running track grounds, very close end stands on the square ones (Spurs, Liverpool, Madrid) v more room (Arsenal, Benfica, Celtic), ditto side stands. It *could* be a possibility in next year's editor to make stadium views editable (so SI wont have to do too much work or breach any stadium image rights ,and players could do the detailed work on the stadiums they would be using in the game and/or are familiar with)? Would it be possible to add more day/evening/night or weather effects in the patch or will that have to wait?

Why dont players ever do press conferences? They just seem to announce things randomly! Less so this version than previously, but still a bit unsophisticated. Even if they make mundane comments, it would reflect reality to nominate players to attend and answer questions at certain times. It could liven up formulaic manager press conferences.

I havent gone past my second season but reading other comments it seems that a familiar problem is still present: the top teams are retaining their current stars for years even when they start declining, rather than replacing them with younger talent and getting rid of the older ones (or some of the rich ones retiring pretty early like Cantona, Nakata). As someone put it well above, there needs to be more aggressive signing strategies of AI clubs, and to balance the books for these transfer fees the clubs also need to actively sell players more frequently than at present. I have also some strange destinations for players, e.g. I am playing Scotland and England on full detail/playable and France, Spain, Germany and Italy on background so you would think players like Paul Caddis of Celtic and Alan McGregor of Rangers would sign for English teams rather than PSG and Stuttgart which is what happened in my game! It may be because there are not enough French/German real players and the AI is trying to bring more to boost the 'rea'l count of the squads in featured leagues, but these sort of mkoves do not happen very often in real life! I have only played one summer window but I fear the transfers are going to get even wackier. There must be some tweaks to the coding to reflect real player movement trends (especially with over-paid and over-rated Old Firm players who can barely speak English, never mind longing for a move to exotic European locations which dont have a beach!).

What's happening with the regens, I read weird stats are happening? I thought they were mostly as the name says - regenerations of current players and their stats (without making it too obvious who was who). This is a big part of the game, please review it and make sure it is being coded right!

Em this is getting ridiculous so I'll stop for now at least. Hopefully someone with THE POWER OF TESTING can find a few useful things to improve the game short-term in amongst all this rubbish!

Ooh also my AMs (i have two usually) either play exclusively centrally when placed there even if i ask them to go wide, or hug the touchline and little else even when i ask them to cut inside and play with narrow width when they are placed out wide. And even when they are defensive wingers or whatever with frequent closing down they refuse to track back and help out! I have not even bothered trying the wingers as RM/LM because i know they then would not make the forward runs i want. I can agree that tactically it probably needs some work, but if there is anything in the match engine which would improve the behaviour of these players (they are lazy even when i ask them to work!) it would be a great help. Again, as with my point at the top of all this I think the opposition could be improved too, my fullbacks always seem to have hours to swan into their half, overlap and spray passes without an opponent within yards of them. And my fullbacks include Koikili and Kirk Broadfoot, they are not world beaters!

Hope they sort out the Premier League squad registration issues. As I've said in a previous post it's taking away some of the realism of the game when a youngster isnt registered and can't get a shirt number but is on the bench every week with a different number. Should be implemented like the European squad registration system so that every player has their shirt number, as in real life when it starts this summer

second that one

Archived