England (Coca-Cola League 2 and above)

France (Ligue 2 and above)

Germany (Second Division and above)

Italy (Serie B and above)

Holland (Jupiler League and above)

Portugal (Liga Vitalis and above)

Scotland (Thrid Division and above)

Spain (Liga Adelante and above)

With the World Cup in South Africa just around the corner, i've had this compulsion to start an international game for some time now. So, being English, what other nation could I choose other than England?! :D I know it's not the most difficult challenge in the world but, as I usually play with teams that have small, lower reputations I thought it would make a change for me to play using a big team.

Cheers guys :thup:. I know England is far too easy, i'm almost ashamed to have started a game with them :o but 1) I'm starting to get World Cup fever so I couldn't of been any other team than England really :D and 2) It was more about the update style to get some practice in, in Illustrator and Photoshop ready for (hopefully) my new game/thread at Level 9 in England when 10.3 is released.

The comments are appreciated though guys :thup:

Removing Rio as vice-captain, shame on you. ;)

EDIT: And gone back to our old updating styles. I like very much.

Cheers hursty, i've tried other update style's in my various threads but have to say I prefer this newspaper style...even if it is a little more time consuming!

Woo Easy Reading :thup:

I for one don't mind you managing England. We are almost guaranteed to win something at some point.

I hope you haven't jinxed us now Sax for South Africa in a few months! :mad:;)

Woooo the newspaper is back Raware! Good luck with England.

Cheers rancer. I thought i'd use the old newspaper style for this save, glad you're liking it :D

Love the thread Raware. Great updates!

I've got an England save on the go too for the same reasons as you! Will be interesting to see how we both get on.

Cheers Crouchy. I'm glad i'm not the only one getting World Cup fever...even if it is 5 months premature! ;)

This will only probably be a short save until 10.3 is released but it's already interesting to see how our saves and England selection have differed already.

This will only probably be a short save until 10.3 is released but it's already interesting to see how our saves and England selection have differed already.

Yes, quite a different approach actually. You've had a better run up to the main event than I did. I hope that will serve you well at the finals!

I think you've got a slightly trickier group than I had but I think you should still progress without too much trouble. Good luck!

If Fabio wasn't doing such a good job then I may have! :D

I know it's not the most difficult of challenges but it satisfied my World Cup fever and compulsion to write a newspaper style update again (even if it did have a few typo's :o ) and also, as you say, we finally managed to get the pens right! I hope it's a sign of things to come in the next few months IRL! :D.

That's probably where this save will end as i've started a new game down in the depths of Level 9 in England with my local club back in England. Something i've been wanting to do for a long, long time and thanks to the FM community (namely superbladesman :thup:) I can now do that. I was going to wait for 10.3 but I don't it's going to differ that much from 10.2 and I think superbladesman has ironed out the majority of the bugs in his edited db. Hopefully, that will be my full, long term save (although I still have my FC Seoul on the go so I may keep dipping into that save).

I just hope we don't need pens IRL in South Africa. If we do, let's hope they can at least follow my lead ;):D.

Not sure about how to format my next thread. Maybe newspaper, maybe the usual 'standard' update of season updates or maybe something completely different :D. Any ideas?

The ultimate realism test for the FM series - did Defoe score any of the penalities?

Whatever format you decide for your next thread, I'm sure it will be a good read. Podcasts maybe?

Defoe was actually my top scorer, bagging 11 goals and he did convert his 2 penalties...unrealistically ;). He is actually a player who I really admire IRL. I think he's the best natural finisher since Robbie Fowler and i'm looking forward to seeing him at the World Cup.

Hmmm...podcasts...good idea! ;) Not sure about the newspaper style as it doesn't provide enough info and I don't know how to use a program that incorporate's links with in the web page unfortunately.

Ah damn, you went one better than Fabio Crouchello. :mad: And you even beat France on the way!

Seriously, well done on that. A really tough route to the final as well. :thup:

Cheers Crouchy. I know it's not the most difficult challenge in the world but I thought we did quite well to beat the teams we did, as you say, a difficult route but I suppose to be the best you've gotta beat the best.

Any England players winning awards etc.?

5 players were named in the Dream team starting XI (Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Ashley Young, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney) and Frank Lampard, Joleon Lescott and Jermain Defoe were named in the subs. Defoe finished as 3rd highest scorer with 4 in 6 , behind Raul who hit 4 and Eto'o with 6 in 7.

This is probably why I won't use the newspaper style for my next thread as I just can't get enough info into it.

Archived