[FM10] Champions League? We're having a laugh!

Yid Army

This game will be played on a large, default database with all national leagues from England, Scotland, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Portugal, Holland, Argentina and Brazil. I have edited Tottenham quite heavily in the database. Since we are going to build our new stadium in real life, I have put it in the game in the state it has been widely reported, opening with a reduced capacity in 2011 and fully in 2012. It will be sponsered so I have named it the 'Thomas Cook Arena' as we have been involved in alot of marketing deals with them so it seems the most plausible name at this stage. Since I can't put in the training facilities move, I have just changed them so it will be in effect from the start, whcih is the best I could do. To fund this, I have added a £350000000 loan that will be paid back at 5% intrest for 30 years from 2009 and given us no tansfer budget or spare wage budget. I have also risen Blackwoods CA, PA and Reputation (we snatched him from the French in the summer but he has lower potential than everyone at Tottenham, so I have made him an average youth/reserve player) and given Bale +10 CA, Defoe +5 CA and Keane -5CA in line with how I feel they should be based on performences and other facters (Although I may have been generous with Keane, as I am sure any other Spurs season ticket holders will realise ;).) Apart from this, I have removed the current injuries on Spurs, given them a reputation of 7500, terminated the loan deals away from the club, entered us into the reserve league and added Leyton Orient as a feeder club, just because it is how I like to play the game. Say what you want to that.

Sorry for not making the first proper post for a small while, had some database problems I have now fixed.

I have recieved my expectations for the season - a 'respectable' finish in the Premier League and reach the FA Cup and League Cup quarter-finals. Personally, I want to qualify for next seasons Europa League, and whilst a Champions League push would be perfect, I have to sell before I buy.

July Roundup

Pre-season went smoothly, winning most matches comfortably, although we needed an injury time goal to see off the San Jose Earthquakes 3-2. There were no permenent transfers in or out of the club, although we loaned out squad players Jimmy Walker, Kyle Walker, Jamie O'Hara and Giovanni Dos Santos to get playing time and Ben Alnwick to try and attract intrest in a permenent transfer. All players of 17 or over, the minimum age, were given professional contracts as well as Ledley King being given a new 3-year deal.

August Roundup

(this will be updated throughout the month)

Premier League Matchday 1 - Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham

A good result for us after Arsenal dominated the early stages and Van Persie slotted home a penalty in the 17th minute after a silly fould from the nervous Palacios before we had managed a shot. I could sense a thrashing coming and decided to push Modric and Bentley further up as inside forwards and we became alot more competitive, launching some decent counter attacks. The move paid off in the 27th minute when Defoe recieved a lofted ball from Kranjcar on the left wing, held it up and slid a ball into Modric on an excellent run who the clamly slotted home inside the near post for the equaliser. Just three minutes later we thought we had taken the lead, but a 20 yard piledriver from Defoe was correctly given as a narrow offside. After that, both teams had some decent chances and Gomes saved from Van Persie who had gone clean through on goal, as well as Edurdo heading it an inch over in injury time, but I felt that we deserved a point overall. Noticeable was Palacios having a great second half after giving away the penalty early on.

Premier League Matchday 2 - Tottenham 2-0 Wolverhampton

We absoloutly dominated Wolves, and should have won by many more. I lined up with my 4-2-4 from last match from the start. In the first part of the match, it was fairly even with chances for both teams, Doyle shooting wide from a decent position in the first minute. I thought whoever scored first would probably win the match and so I was delighted when, with half an hour played, Kranjcar shot into the top-right hand corner of the net from 25 yards out to put us 1-0 up. Wolves neary proved my theory wrong after King had to clear off the line following a goalmouth scramble, but after that we never looked back. Just before half-time, we though we had a penalty after Defoe was brought down in the box and the ref blew his whistle, but unfortunatly Defoe was instead accused of diving and shown a yellow card, being on the wrong end of a contested decision for the second match running. In first half injury time, a rebound fell to Modric, but with the Goalie helpless, Stearman got back just in time to block his shot. On the hour mark, Modric headed it onto the crossbar following a cross from Defoe and Wolves got it away. With 72 minutes gone it should have been 2-0 after Hennessey palmed a Lennon shot straight to the unmarked Pavlyuchenko, who somehow shot wide, unmarked, from 10 yards out, but he made up for it 7 minutes later when he volleyed home from the edge of the box to finally secure our victory. We had 26 shots, whilst Wolves failed to hit the target throughout the 90 minutes.

Premier League matchday 3 - Hull 1-1 Tottenham

Dissapointing performence, dissapointing result. We had alot of shots but failed to hit the target as much as we should have. The first 20 minutes were quiet but then King went off injured and his replacement, Bassong, had a very bad start to life at Tottenham after failing to connect with an easy header and letting Geovanni in to head Hull into the lead. After that, they had no intention of trying to score and put 10 men behind the ball, with the rest of the half passing without incident. We looked better in the second half as we had all of the play, but the Hull defence was tight and we couldn't make any decent oppurtunities resulting in alot of optimistic long shots. With 20 minutes to go, Kranjcar hit a free kick from what looked like more of a crossing oppurtunity narrowly over the bar. A minute later, an awesome curling shot from Pavlyuchenk was miraculously tipped wide by Myhill, but Woodgate headed home the resulting corner for the equaliser. After this we pushed for a winner, but it wasn't to be as Modric hit a close-range free kick high and wide, dropping two points we shouldn't have early in the season. Jose Mourinho was at the match scouting Modric, but I have no intention of selling him, least not to him, thanks very much.

On the transfers front, Man Utd had a £20M bid for Luka Modric rejected without a second thought, him being my best player, with a five year contract and having a wage of just £40K a week which I could bump up as an incentive if need be in the future. There was also intrest from Inter Milan, with Mourinho attending my match at Hull to look at him. United then made the same offer as before, £3M up front with a further £17M over 30 months. I negotiated to £30M up-front and they rejected. He will not be leaving until I get a much better offer.

An increase from 7150, putting us down as the 6th most reputable team in the league behind the big four and City. I feel this is justifiable as people would be more willing to come with the newing training facilities and under-construction stadium.

Archived