The FMS X-Factor

Terk

viperk1, you may have stopped my penalty (Brad Friedel-style) but I've watched my influence double from 3 (# of Americans in this story) in the first screenie (which is also a farce considering how many FM stories have included Blyth Spartans and/or the character Copper Horse) all the way to 6 (which is the number of awards for which I've been nominated, but lost out to my fellow American writer, 10-3).

Numerology anyone? Next thing I know, I'll be picked up by Rangers in the transfer window (they seem to like Americans on their squads).

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saxonaitor (Hearts)

He may claim to be an Aussie, but we know he's a Pom really. His eight goals for Hearts make him eight times better than Christian Nadé, but it was at the U-20 World Cup where he really came to life, scoring three goals including the opener in England's 2-1 win over Spain in the final.

:*)

"God Save The Queen!!"

viperk1, you may have stopped my penalty (Brad Friedel-style) but I've watched my influence double from 3 (# of Americans in this story) in the first screenie (which is also a farce considering how many FM stories have included Blyth Spartans and/or the character Copper Horse) all the way to 6 (which is the number of awards for which I've been nominated, but lost out to my fellow American writer, 10-3).

Not sure what me saving your penalty has to do with the numerology stuff you're banging on about

One fact remains, copper - I've won a trophy (U20 World Cup). You haven't. :cool:

So, both 10-3 and me wanted by Villarreal, and both of us can play at the left back, hm?

Okay, 10-3, this is a duel. Choose your weapon and we'll meet in El Madrigal tomorrow at dawn. Capdevila will be my second.

*throws gauntlet*

Certainly getting into the spirit, no? :p

By the way Terk, I have one subsitute appearance in the league - explain :cool:

5 clean sheets in the league too for moi :)

Bah, my original self was much better than my current self :(

Anyway, there'll be medicinal Dutch Herbs for those who vote for me *

*subject to me winning the entire thing of course*

You mean marijuana, don't you? I'll have you know that's still illegal in some countries!

You should vote for me for saving this poor man from going to jail!

(I can't believe I'm saying this, but attempted votewhoring is actually rather fun)

You mean marijuana, don't you? I'll have you know that's still illegal in some countries!

You should vote for me for saving this poor man from going to jail!

(I can't believe I'm saying this, but attempted votewhoring is actually rather fun)

I never mentioned marijuana or any other illegal substances. These here are legal medicinal herbs ;)

June 2010 Update

Part 1

Balthazars (Ipswich)

The young Aussie featured more in the second half of the season and even made his U-21 international debut against Indonesia in January, following it up with a second cap against Oman. Balthazars may have been screwed by the reload, but by the end of the season he was first choice on Ipswich's left side of midfield, helping them finish 7th in the table.

The RingMaster (Hibernian)

32 league appearances, but they were all for Hibs, which sours the taste a little bit, especially when they finished 11th in the SPL, avoiding relegation by only two points. Ring Master did have the comfort of being Hibs' best player, and in between time spent thumping bouncers at Tigerlily, he found the time to make seven assists and win eight U-21 caps. Hopefully a decent team will buy him in the summer.

Celtic_1967 (Southampton)

Not a bad season at all for the lad, though he might have expected a better return of youth caps in light of his club performances. He helped Southampton to fourth (missing out on automatic promotion on the last day) but making up for it with an assist in the play-off final victory over Leeds. Will join the Championship brigade next season.

Elrithral (AS Monaco)

Monaco faded in the second half of the season, eventually finishing 7th, but Elrithral kept the #1 shirt for the whole season and earned himself a second cap for Norn Iron. Hopefully next season he can improve upon his record of seven clean sheets and aim for some trophies.

swagat sinha (Loko (Sofia))

A move to friendlier footballing climes than Sofia failed to materialise for our amiable Indian, but he made the best of his situation, claiming a very creditable eleven assists and five goals. He's now being chased by both Hearts and Saturn, though a move to the former would actually mean Vladimir Romanov parting with a transfer fee, so is highly unlikely.

BenArsenal (Preston)

Still mired in Northern England, Ben was a first choice for a Preston side who surprised many by finishing 8th in the Championship. Despite being a small guy, he clearly knows how to mistime a tackle, picking up nine yellow cards across the course of the season but he soon looks set to add to his three international caps. Now if Singapore could actually win a game, he might be happy about that.

The-Perfect-FM'er! (Derby)

Still no dream move to St. Andrews has been realised, and he looked helpless to stop his Derby side sliding down the Championship table to 15th come the end of the final game. He now has 42 first team games under his belt, however, and that should stand him in good stead to help Derby to a better finish next season.

SCIAG (Derby)

His performances stayed pretty consistent over the course of the season, and that is likely what helped him firmly establish himself ahead of Dean Leacock in the pecking order. His 4.83 tackles per game put him in the top twenty in the league and he had a good success rate with both his tackling and heading, so maybe his average rating is a bit harsh.

Dalbeider (Lecce)

His duel with tenthreeleader ended in an honourable draw, both deciding to stay where they were, but it also meant that his devious plan to get Capdevila murdered, thereby easing his way into the full Spanish set up was foiled. His two goals and three assists were a decent return for a full back in his first season, and they helped Lecce win promotion to Serie A. He now has Wigan manager Roberto Martínez casting seductive looks in his direction.

stoehrst (Wigan)

Such a move for Dalbeider would, of course, mean teaming up with stoehrst, though unfortunately it would be in the Championship given Wigan's relegation. stoehrst did manage to get his first Premier League goals, the first coming in a 2-1 win over Blackburn, but he continued to struggle with fitness throughout the season, picking up bumps and bruises which kept him out of the team. Still, a season of Premier League experience is not to be knocked.

June 2010 Update

Part 2

mark wilson27 (West Brom)

A less successful second half to the season on a personal front, adding only six more goals to his tally, but he did help West Brom pip Newcastle to the second automatic promotion spot (unfortunately the Geordies still went up via the play-offs). The Premier League awaits our resident Manc, but it could yet be with Everton who are chasing his signature.

WLKRAS (Scunthorpe)

Maybe WLKRAS is a talented Dutchman after all. Both he and Scunny were struggling in January, put a pick up in form saw our fan of 'legal' herbs claim thirteen assists and three goals as the Iron raced up to 10th in the league. Maybe too much of his own medicine was the reason he was a bit off in the first half of the season.

tenthreeleader (Hearts)

Hearts bounced back massively well over the second half of the season, eventually finishing fourth and qualifying for the Europa League. A groin strain and ankle injury saw 10-3 miss a couple of months in the latter stages of the season and perhaps it was those injuries which scared off Villarreal's interest. He also came within minutes of having scored the winning goal in the league cup semi final against Rangers, but a late effort from Kris Boyd forced extra time and the big, useless, ex-Killie lump netted again to put Hearts out.

copperhorse21 (Hamilton)

Hamilton's second half to the season wasn't quite as good as their first, but they still secured a top half finish with copper netting eleven league goals and thirteen overall. His hasn't had the chance to make his full international debut yet, but it seems only a matter of time before he adds his name to those willing to sacrifice all good taste and wear the US national shirt.

viperk1 (Hamilton)

A knee injury in March saw viper lose his #1 shirt for the run in to the season but his performances were enough to see a number of Championship clubs state an interest, perhaps the most realistic coming from Nottingham Forest, whose two keepers both struggled for form this season. Still can't catch a cross though.

Saxonaitor (Hearts)

Saxonaitor claimed only four goals in the second half of the season, but like tenthreeleader he scored against Rangers in the League Cup semi final and generally played well as Hearts rose up the table. Europa League football should be a good test for him next season; hopefully they can get further than the qualifying round they managed this season.

gavrenwick (Yeovil)

His broken leg finally healed, gavrenwick reclaimed his place in the Yeovil side and helped them avoid relegation with a final day clean sheet at Brighton. Should he get the chance, an injury free season will surely see him improve, though it may be elsewhere as Swindon are sniffing around.

ScottleeSV (Everton)

Eleven Premier League games was a decent return for a first season, and he grabbed his first goal in an FA Cup quarter final replay against Wolves. The young Englishman went on to make a substitute appearance in the FA Cup final against Man City which, thanks to a tenth minute Mikel Arteta goal, Everton won. Not a bad way to cap a very first season in the game.

JamboJen (St. Mirren)

A 9th placed SPL finish saw JamboJen play well throughout, missing only five league games across the whole campaign. She was an unused substitute for Scotland's friendly against New Zealand in March and has been called up to the squad for the game against Greece. All in all, pretty successful, even if it was in the cess pit that is Paisley.

Offspring8 (Reading)

Still no move to Chelsea, still no appointment of Rob Ridgway as manager.He survived the sacking of Bredan Rodgers but is still thinking about leaving the club. He's an ambitious lad and he would like only have been happy had Reading managed to navigate through the play-offs, but a narrow defeat against Coventry saw them condemned to another season of Championship football. Will Offy still be with them come September, though?

Trophies Won

U-20 World Cup

Offspring8, Saxonaitor, SCIAG, The-Perfect-FM'er!, viperk1

FA Cup

2010: ScottleeSV

International Caps

Northern Ireland

Elrithral (2)

Scotland

JamboJen (2)

Singapore

BenArsenal (3)

U.S.A.

tenthreeleader (5)

stoehrst (2)

International Goals

U.S.A.

stoehrst (1)

ROUND 1 VOTING

OK, the time is upon us to vote. Select your top three contestants over the 2009/10 season and send them to me via PM (if you include amusing reasons then all the better). You have until midnight on Tuesday to get your votes in, then the two with the lowest overall scores will be announced. They will then go to the judges panel, who will PM me their votes on who should get kicked off. Remember, anyone can vote, even if you're not a contestant in the game.

It goes without saying that you cannot vote for yourself.

Please don't post your votes in here.

---

FMS X-Factor Voting Slip

---

The week one judging panel will consist of three names pulled randomly from a hat, though obviously no one in the bottom two can be on that week's judging panel.

Political voting \o/ It's like the Eurovision Song Contest :D

I'm just glad we don't have any scandinavian contestants then :D.

Just wondering, what leagues have you loaded, Terk? Also, how far did Lecce go in the Italian Cup? Six appearances in the Cup for a serie B team sound like a lot. Quarterfinals?

I'm just glad we don't have any scandinavian contestants then :D.

Just wondering, what leagues have you loaded, Terk? Also, how far did Lecce go in the Italian Cup? Six appearances in the Cup for a serie B team sound like a lot. Quarterfinals?

Fair point, I missed that one. Lecce got to the semi finals, lost to eventual winners Napoli. You played the first leg, sat on the bench for the second. 6-1 aggregate defeat :D

Leagues I have loaded are England, Italy, Spain and Scotland as playable. Then a veritable ******** as view only, including Australia, the MLS, Singapore, India, Germany, France and a few more.

Anyone fancy Vodka? I might be moving to Moscow soon with Saturn. Vote for me, and I shall get you original stuff from the motherland :D

I bring a distinctly different flavour to things. Bulgaria currently, Russia (?) tomorrow, something different from the regular affairs. Vote for me.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm also the player with the best average rating among this bunch :D

Archived