The date regens are created - please confirm

A long while ago (actually, FM08 or FM09, so not that long ago) some fantastic chap posted the dates that regens are created for each country. Does the information below tie in with FM10 also, or have these dates changed?

Thanks.

7 June Bosnia

7 June Montenegro

7 June New Zealand

20 June Northern Ireland

20 June Israel

20 June Croatia

20 June Switzerland

20 June Ukraine

20 June Wales

20 June Greece

20 June Hungary

20 June Turkey

20 June France

20 June Germany

20 June Portugal

20 June Australia

20 June Scotland

25 June England

25 June Austria

29 June Slovakia

30 June Czech Republic

30 June Poland

30 June Belgium

30 June Italy

1 July Bulgaria

1 July Slovenia

1 July Roumania

7 July Denmark

7 July Holland

10 July Serbia

10 July Spain

15 July South Africa

20 July Mexico

1 August Uruguay

1 August Argentina

19 September Barbados

19 September Trinidad & Tobago

19 September Paraguay

19 September Ecuador

19 September Bolivia

9 December Japan

26 December U.S.A

27 December Sweden

27 December Russia

27 December China

1 January Chile

2 January Brazil

5 January Iceland

5 January Ireland

7 January Finland

10 January Columbia

15 January Ivory Coast

15 January Tunisia

15 January Algeria

15 January Morocco

15 January Cameroon

15 January Senegal

15 January Nigeria

15 January Egypt

20 January Norway

28 January Peru

14 February Belarus

argentina is now july 1st

and also (as it took me a moment to figure out when it happened), these aren't coded by date, but rather by day # of the year. So in a leap year after feb 29th all the dates will be one day before the listed till that year ends (IE all the summer/fall regen dates).

Here's an interesting question: does anyone think it's maybe a little bit 'cheating' to use the knowledge of these dates?

Sort of, yes. I'll admit I do cheat at this sometimes by saving on the day, seeing what I get in the regen lottery and reload my Save if unsatisfied. Have been known to reload 4/5 times until I see a "One of the best players of his generation" or at least a "One of the most gifted..." message appear. ;)

Here's an interesting question: does anyone think it's maybe a little bit 'cheating' to use the knowledge of these dates?

You can see these dates of existing leagues in the editor, so why would it be cheating :) And if you manage a team in a nation you see when you get new youth, so ...

Not really. IRL, you would be able to follow players up and down the country from the ages of 10 and 11 years old. If anything, the fact we have to wait till they are 15 or 16 to judge their potential is more hindrance.

Anyway, its not as though you can see them before the AI teams. You snooze, you lose.

If you don't want to call it cheating, at least accept that it is an exploit - an unrealistic advantage gained, since it bears no relation to real life.

Exactly. That regens 'respawn' on specific dates and we can pursue them using knowledge of these dates does seem a little...underhanded.

Anyway, its not as though you can see them before the AI teams. You snooze, you lose.

I don't think that AI coaches are made to aggresively scout and chase the best new playeers on each of these regen dates. So while, if we see a 'super-player', we can scout and sign him - most AI managers will just sit back and let their scouts do their usual assignments.

If there is a really good newgen, trust me, those big clubs will be interested in him only a day or two after their spawn date.

Not so. There was this one Lazio player on one of my saves who was absolutely immense, and nobody except me was interested in him. He was only 16, but his stats were so good, I wouldn't have had many qualms about putting him in the starting lineup (and this was at Bayern). Anyway, the fact is that AI managers do not systematically search for new, superb players immediately following the regen dates, while we are able to. It doesn't seem entirely fair. Not to mention the fact that any such systematic searching is completely unrealistic, and as one poster noted, at the very least an 'exploit'.

Benjamin - the big clubs DO go after the youngsters almost immediately. I've actually jumped in and poached the targets of Ajax, Inter and Barcelona who had approached these regens within one click of the continue button after they spawn.

It's levelling the playing field really. It's not realistic perhaps, but the AI have the same advantage and use it.

On another note though, it would be an interesting feature if you could scout the various Youth Academies so that when the supergens spawn, after presumably being at these academies for years, you're notified on the screen along with every other big club who have sent scouts.

Not so. There was this one Lazio player on one of my saves who was absolutely immense, and nobody except me was interested in him. He was only 16, but his stats were so good, I wouldn't have had many qualms about putting him in the starting lineup (and this was at Bayern). Anyway, the fact is that AI managers do not systematically search for new, superb players immediately following the regen dates, while we are able to. It doesn't seem entirely fair. Not to mention the fact that any such systematic searching is completely unrealistic, and as one poster noted, at the very least an 'exploit'.

If the top teams are not interested, it means they know something you don't.

It could be crappy personality attributes, low PA, low consistency/important match/injury pronness etc.

This is actually also another massive point about hidden attributes and AI advantage too lol

Benjamin - the big clubs DO go after the youngsters almost immediately. I've actually jumped in and poached the targets of Ajax, Inter and Barcelona who had approached these regens within one click of the continue button after they spawn.

Very strange. I've never seen this. I always have the pick of the players available. This isn't only on FM10 either, it was the same story on 2009.

If the top teams are not interested, it means they know something you don't.

It could be crappy personality attributes, low PA, low consistency/important match/injury pronness etc.

No, it doesn't. And not only did my 20/20 scout highly recommend him, but from what I understand AI managers don't get to see things that we don't, like 'low PA' or 'hidden attributes'. And it doesn't just apply to one-off cases as well, all the time, no matter which good young player I'm looking at, other clubs are just never interested.

Whether an AI team is interested in a regen is as much down to luck as any form of insider knowledge on teh AI's part. As far as I can tell they have to scout players the same way you do so if you scout a player very soon after the game generates him you'll probably find there's little or no interest in him - yet. Similarly, if you leave it too long there's more chance of the AI spotting a talented youth before you.

So, just like real life then.

Whether an AI team is interested in a regen is as much down to luck as any form of insider knowledge on teh AI's part. As far as I can tell they have to scout players the same way you do so if you scout a player very soon after the game generates him you'll probably find there's little or no interest in him - yet. Similarly, if you leave it too long there's more chance of the AI spotting a talented youth before you.

So, just like real life then.

Not so. With knowledge of 'regen dates' we can systematically scout and approach all the best youth players upon their 'generation' - conversely, the AI doesn't act as if it knows when players are generated.

Not so. With knowledge of 'regen dates' we can systematically scout and approach all the best youth players upon their 'generation' - conversely, the AI doesn't act as if it knows when players are generated.

But assuming you aren't using some sort of scouting prgram like Genie Scout, you still have to actually identify the good regens, which the AI may do before you. You have an advantage in knowing exactly when the regens are created, though I don't see any way to prove how much of an advantage that might be.

Certainly on my Milan save, after only a week of existence many of the Brazilian regens have already agreed to move clubs to Italy, Spain, England or Germany.

How do people search for these new players.

I remember on the old CMs you used tio be able to pull up and list filtered by atributes you where looking for. Change the view to stats and then look for players with no stats on whatsoever.

Look at the history and there isn't any. And this use to be done straight through a normal search.

How are people doing it these days?

I do not see how its cheating.

Just think of it this way - its the youth academy promoting kids out of a certain age group from lets say age 13 to 14-18's groups.

I think FM is pretty woeful when it comes down to youth development and there should be more youth teams, more players and a better way to shape their skills/ability.

I would like to see players coming to the club around the age of 8 to 12 with raw ability (Potential) and we should be able to mold their position depending on their natural talent.

People make fun of games like TCM, FIFA Manager or LMA Manager, but some of those games were light years beyond FM when it came to youth team development and made the game a lot more fun and interesting.

I remember in TCM I followed a youth player from age 7 all the way to being promoted through the ranks, to winning a league title with me when he was 25 and he was captain.

When he came into the "kids" leagues, he already showed potential as a midfielder and had leadership skills already for his age! :D

(unlike others, I used to like to try all manager games on the market - less so these years because games are just too expensive)

Very strange. I've never seen this. I always have the pick of the players available. This isn't only on FM10 either, it was the same story on 2009.

No, it doesn't. And not only did my 20/20 scout highly recommend him, but from what I understand AI managers don't get to see things that we don't, like 'low PA' or 'hidden attributes'. And it doesn't just apply to one-off cases as well, all the time, no matter which good young player I'm looking at, other clubs are just never interested.

You will be very surprised if you actually had a look in one of those scouting tools after a few seasons and see how many good newgens top teams have signed without your knowledge.

But assuming you aren't using some sort of scouting prgram like Genie Scout, you still have to actually identify the good regens, which the AI may do before you. You have an advantage in knowing exactly when the regens are created, though I don't see any way to prove how much of an advantage that might be.

Exactly.

And we have another advantage in that we can and do use the 'player search' to quickly identify, scout, and round up all the best regens. It's a tactic that the AI managers don't seem to employ.

You will be very surprised if you actually had a look in one of those scouting tools after a few seasons and see how many good newgens top teams have signed without your knowledge.

I check the list of good youngsters every year, and I always have first pick. Any good newgens the computer teams have are newgens I scouted and rejected, probably in favor of better regens.

The dates are the same, but in FM10 you can change them. In the editor there's a space to select the date of your choice. In England, I've brought mine forward to June 6th to give me more time to plan my pre-season dealings.

How do you this? i searched the editor and it seems it s not there.

Archived