Long range free-kick lay-offs

OK I've already asked about why when defending corners, my tall CB marks their furtherest man back and hoofs the ball up further up field when he receives it to nobody. Now I want to know, why oh why does my free-kick taker lay the ball off to my right-back who has absolutely AWFUL shooting stats!?

Its bad enough that when I set a player (van persie) to take my right-sided free-kicks, he even takes the ones near the half-way line; but also, when its a long range free-kick, he lays it off to Bacary Sagna! Sagna has long shots of 8 and finishing of 7, has no PPMs that would indicate he can make any use of a lay-off free-kick, and I have him set to stay back for free kicks!!!

Very annoying. Explanation SI?

P.S. When none of the corner takers I have set are on the pitch, Vermaelen automatically takes my corners! What is all that about!? He is my "challenge goalkeeper" player who I rely on to score from corners, not bloody take them, especially when his corner taking attribute is 7!!!

Just a couple of the many issues I have with this game. And being honest, I have never had an issue with any of the CM/FM games before this one and I have been playing since 97/98. I barely even play it anymore because this game is full of so many bugs etc.

Archived