4-1-2-3 Ultimo Domination

After going on a 12 match with out a win in the premier league. i got in touch with Mr Hough he had a look at my squad etc.. He came up with, i ant got a lot of pace in the team especially the midfield. So with the January transfer window closed i thought to my self how can i stop this so searching the web forum after forum. Then i thought to my self complete dominance worked yes it conceded goals but, it had a advanced attacking midfielder to help(my slow midfield)..

So i went through the complete dominance.2 thread and came to Elephant Stones Nike Defence so i put these settings in 4-1-2-3 Ultimo Domination

these are mentality and duties

Goal Keeper : 7 gk/defend

DC (Cover) : 6 limited/ cover

DC : 8 limited /defend

Fullbacks : 10 full back/ defend

MCd or DMC : 9 anchor man/ defend

Also i been using gareth250480 suggestions Tight Marking on AMR / AML or MR / ML, AMC (if opposition are playing one) and all ST

I also use closing down Always on all of these except for the strikers.

Shouts i start of with none byt, if the game tight are im getting over haled i use Mr Hough's

So now I've gone 5 unbeaten two of these games was a 0-0 game v man utd yes they battered me but hey its a point and a 2-2 draw with arsenal

ManUtdvSheffWed.png

sheffwedvarsenal.png

if any you guys want it its here http://www.sendspace.com/file/rsvxr3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive found this tactic to be very unpredictable. I won 6-0 against Burton, then the next game I lost 5-1!!! I dont know what else to do.

Im going back to my 442.

Thanks though Mr Hough, youve been great

well a few people are having problems with the defence and thats annoying really, I dominate the german league score the most goals and concede the least win it in 28 games.

I start a game with huddersfield sitting top of the league 7 points clear.

These are 2 mid table teams aswell i just don't understand why it isn't working for you

well a few people are having problems with the defence and thats annoying really, I dominate the german league score the most goals and concede the least win it in 28 games.

I start a game with huddersfield sitting top of the league 7 points clear.

These are 2 mid table teams aswell i just don't understand why it isn't working for you

I dont get it either mate. In some games you can definitely see potential

I think morale and team spirit has a lot to do with it

I dont think I can blame the tactic Mr Hough

I doubt other tactics would give me 3 6-0 wins

Will keep testing and hopefully once my squads morale has settled im confident I WILL see results. :D

I dont get it either mate. In some games you can definitely see potential

I think morale and team spirit has a lot to do with it

I dont think I can blame the tactic Mr Hough

I doubt other tactics would give me 3 6-0 wins

Will keep testing and hopefully once my squads morale has settled im confident I WILL see results. :D

I've started a career game as bolton and i'll see what there team is with it.

I may release a tweaked version

Sounds good mate. There will always be room for improvement with any tactic. Always look on the bright side true

yeah i think though with good teams it will work perfectly so i might release my tweaked version as like a lower team version

yeah i think though with good teams it will work perfectly so i might release my tweaked version as like a lower team version

lets hope you do so you don't need loads of pace. especially in the midfield :D if you want some to try it befor you release it I'll try it ???

The success I've had with my Previous tactics has been phenominal and thanks to everyone who has contributed and downloaded my tactics i hope you have enjoyed them as much as i have.

Right move onto my new tactic the Ultimo Domination, I decided to make this tactic after having Success with Elephant_Stones tweaked version of my tactic and using the 3 Men strike-force my friend Mike_dodgson Pointed out to me that the classic tactics where perhaps a step backwards and why would SI put the tactic creater in the game if they didn't want us to use it.

I thought about this for a while and though yeah he's right they want us to use the Creater for a reason so with a new lease and more motivation i decided to put all my efforts into making a 3 striker tactic as this has very good success with the new patch 10.2.

This tactic is Narrow and will create alot of chances for the 3 strikers also see the midfielders popping up in the attack positions to and try and nick the odd goal.

This is this Formation of the Ultimo as you can see it's very similar to the complete dominace apart from the 3 striker with the one in the middle is a deep lying striker on support.

th_UltimoDominationFormation.jpg

I've tested this tactic with 2 middle teams in 2 different leagues.

Bayer Leverkusen i won the league in 29 games they where predicted to finish 8th which is a fantastic acheivement and to be honest this is proberly my easyest league win

th_Leaguewinners.jpg

As you can see from the screen that i have scored the most goals and conceded the least.

In my other game testing with Huddersfield i wanted to choose a team that is not lower lower league and there media prediction wasn't high.

I'm still playing this and i have only got through 17 games but i haven't lost yet either in the league or the cups i've played in

this is the league table and my fixtures so far

th_huddersfield17games.jpg

th_Fixturesafter17games.jpg

Here is the Link To The Tactic.

http://hotfile.com/dl/23758682/e83bb7f/Ultimo_Domination_(Huddersfield_Nov_2009).tac.html

http://www.filefront.com/15334751/Ultimo%20Domination%20%28Huddersfield%2C%20Nov%202009%29.tac

the player Requirements you wanna look for.

Goalkeeper

Aerial Ability Reflexes Handling Communication Positioning

Center backs

Heading Marking Tackling Positioning Teamwork Anticipation Strength

Fullbacks

Stamina Positioning Crossing Tackling Workrate Teamwork Pace

Anchor Man

Passing Workrate Determination Teamwork Stamina Tackling Strength Team Work

Center Midfield

Passing Workrate Team Work Determination First Touch Stamina Off the ball

Deep-Lying Forward

Dribbling First Touch Creativity Off the ball Acceleration Pace Passing Finishing

Advanced Forward

Finishing Dribbling First Touch Technique Off the Ball Flair Pace Strength Balance Composure

Poacher

Finishing First Touch Off the ball Composure Determiantion Pace Technique

Try these Shouts at the start of the game

Retain Possession

Pass Into Space

Stand-off Opp

Also try the Following OI's at the start aswell

Tight marking ALWAYS on MR ML AML AMR ST

Closing Down ALWAYS on MR ML AML AMR ST

If your managing Lower league and your defence isn't quick you wanna have at least 10 for Pace and Acceleration you could try lowering the D-Line a few notches then when you get better players move it back up to where it was.

If your trying to see out games that are close use the shouts

Change stratagy to Counter

Retain Possession

Clear ball to Flanks

You could also try slowing the tempo and put the time wasting on higher

Use the Smallest Pitch Size Available

Use Bubba Bay Tuna's Team Talks aswell there is a 'Sticky' at the top of the main Page in the tactic forums

I use Tuggs Training.

I've tried to answer all the questions that i'll proberly get asked if you need anything else let me know

I think this tactic has come at the right time for me. I've got 6 strikers in my squad. 1 world-class 3 good strkers and two up and coming, so i'll def try this. I'm at the end of my season now but i will play it for a minimum of 20 games when my new season starts and get back to you. I've always liked your tactics anyway!!!!

Also, you say you use tugs training but do you put all the central midfielders on midfield training or att midfield training?

so you only put closing down onn MR ML AMR AML and leave the strikers out?

yes this is correct. i would also close down the AMC if the opposition plays one.

as i said i am not 100% it has had an effect but since changing to that i have kept more clean sheets, the opposition are creating far less chances against me also.

unfortunately i am at work today so i have only used the tactic now for about 15 games. i struggled at 1st with keeping clean sheets then changed to what i have suggested and my defence is better and conceding less.

i'm having trouble with this and i made back to the drawing board i think.........

i dont think you need to go back to the drawing board on this. its pretty close to being very good just needs a few tweaks defensively. even if that takes a little away from the attack and we still win games then people will be happy.

I went on a 12 matches unbeaten streak with Watford a mid table team in the championship.

I dont want to be a moron but.. Mr Though did you ever consider some people to be just bad at managing? :O

Even if your tactic is word class good they just fail at getting the right players for the tactic :p

IM playing a multiplayer in the championship with my brother, im watford he is petersborough he has good team and me too, but he just failed to pick the right playets... you cant use an AML in the poachers position or an MC as FC.. some ppl just fail :p

I have to say I am deeply disappointed with this tactic. Last three matches were 0-3, 0-4, 0-3. I only stopped the last 2 being worse by switching back to the complete dominance with better defence tactic wherer I actually looked like I might score.

This tactic is still cracking for me. but i am using it currently on a man utd save. 21 points clear in the league after 23 games and still in all cup competitions apart from the league cup where i lost to villa using my subs and youngsters (villa are 2nd in the league also).

my strikers now all score regularly. 5 strikers have, 20, 20, 18, 11 & 13 goals respectively. 82 goals for my strikers and i am only in January. could be a record breaking scoring season. 71 goals scored and 18 against in the 23 league games and 22 goals in 6 champions league group games.

prob need to test it with a lower side to see if it holds up but certainly looks a good tactic for decent sides.

Had some brilliant results with this tactic in the Championship

After coming a satisfactory 9th in our first season in the CCC after walking League One I tried this for season three, 1st in the league and unbeaten so far this season, Played 20 Won 17 Drawn 3 Scored 61 Conceded 19

This tactic is still cracking for me. but i am using it currently on a man utd save. 21 points clear in the league after 23 games and still in all cup competitions apart from the league cup where i lost to villa using my subs and youngsters (villa are 2nd in the league also).

my strikers now all score regularly. 5 strikers have, 20, 20, 18, 11 & 13 goals respectively. 82 goals for my strikers and i am only in January. could be a record breaking scoring season. 71 goals scored and 18 against in the 23 league games and 22 goals in 6 champions league group games.

prob need to test it with a lower side to see if it holds up but certainly looks a good tactic for decent sides.

what strikers do you have?

Great tactic, but I seem to be struggling a bit against stronger sides. Like Roma and Genoa (they are kicking ass now) I struggle creating chances and putting them. Why is that? Can dominate other matches, as I won 8-0 and 11-0 in to consecutive matches with Napoli. Of course it's harder to beat stronger opponents, but I feel my team should be able to play similar to "easy matches" anyway. Any tips when facing stronger sides, Mr. Hough?

Id have to say this tactic deserves another big thumbs up, 26 games in with Grimsby in League One and im 11 points clear at the top of the league, this is despite some heroic opposition GK performances and a loss of confidence from star striker Febian Brandy! Cragswfc's tweaked defence also works like a charm, if i could find a GK whod stop dropping the ball I'd be cruising! My complete record is:

P26 W18 D6 L2 GF65 GA 33 Pts 60

That represents the 3rd best defence and the best strike force in League One atm, one thing i have been doing though is using Close Down Always on the MR/AMR but not the strikers/AMC and using Tight Mark on the strikers/AMC but not the MR/AMR, thought id add that in case anyone benefits.

Id have to say this tactic deserves another big thumbs up, 26 games in with Grimsby in League One and im 11 points clear at the top of the league, this is despite some heroic opposition GK performances and a loss of confidence from star striker Febian Brandy! Cragswfc's tweaked defence also works like a charm, if i could find a GK whod stop dropping the ball I'd be cruising! My complete record is:

P26 W18 D6 L2 GF65 GA 33 Pts 60

That represents the 3rd best defence and the best strike force in League One atm, one thing i have been doing though is using Close Down Always on the MR/AMR but not the strikers/AMC and using Tight Mark on the strikers/AMC but not the MR/AMR, thought id add that in case anyone benefits.

I take it for the ML/AML you only close down aswell yeah?

Yeah sorry mate, i didnt read the post after id wrote it, but yeah i close down the wide men on both sides but dont tight mark them, my thinking behind is that by tight marking with the full backs they get pulled far out of posistion but really they just need to close down the winger when he gets the ball. In the case of the strikers tight marking means the defenders are pressuring the strikers as soon as they get the ball. Also that means that really you shouldnt need both Tight Marking and Close Down always on together at the same time, or at least thats the reasoning behind my suggested OI

Yeah sorry mate, i didnt read the post after id wrote it, but yeah i close down the wide men on both sides but dont tight mark them, my thinking behind is that by tight marking with the full backs they get pulled far out of posistion but really they just need to close down the winger when he gets the ball. In the case of the strikers tight marking means the defenders are pressuring the strikers as soon as they get the ball. Also that means that really you shouldnt need both Tight Marking and Close Down always on together at the same time, or at least thats the reasoning behind my suggested OI

Cool thanks for clearing that up mate.

good thinking batman

so it's Closing Down always on ML MR

and Tight Marking always on ST

I have an admittedly weak Derby team in my second season - playing in the Premiership and this tactic has been brilliant for me at home but I'm losing every away game - any tips as relegation is loominh large!

i've made some changes to the tactic.

1. Put the Fullbacks closing down on the 1st Notch of closing down

2. Put one centerback's Closing down on the last notch of own area and the other one's closing down move it to the middle.

3. Change the Central mid players to direct passing the first notch do this for the strikers aswell.

4. Use these OI's ML MR AMR AML Closing down always ST Tight Marking Always.

this seems to have improved my defence with huddersfield and has cut doen the amount of chances the Opp has

Hello Mr Hough:

What do you mean in number' terms about your changes (1., 2. and 3.)?

Does it mean to move the slider in the case 1. to the middle (number 10 in the slider)?

Does it mean to move the slider in the case 2. to the middle (number 10 in the slider) for one centerback and around 6-7 for the other centerback?

Does it mean to move the slider in the case 3. to the number 13 in the slider?

Thanks in advance

Just a quick update on the Grimsby season, I've secured the League with 5 games to go, no mean feat considering wee were predicted a mediocre 13th at the beginning of the season. Another thing id like to add is if i go behind (although this is rare!) i drop time wasting to 0 and increase the tempo to just under half way. Also due to injuries and limitations with my squad ive at times swapped to Complete Dominance 10.2. Between the two tactics ive lost just 4 times all season, 1 being a cruel last minute goal, one being a wonder 2nd half performance from Exeter where i lost 5-1 despite leading 1-0 at HT and then the other two i pretty much dominated the game and the computer scored two goals on the break. Finally id like to end on this; Ive scored in every game this season, i think that stat just about sums up the attacking threat of this tactic!

Hi Hough

Just a quick (possibly stupid) Question...

How much difference do using the shouts make? The reason i ask this is because I normally only get time to play for an hour or 2 a week. Because of this I want to get as many matches played in this time as possible so i have it on classic view instead of watching the matches to save time.

Would it be worth my while to watch matches and maybe just get 1 or 2 games in a week (and take ages to get a season done) or keep using tactics without the shouts to play more games, but ultimately probably lose more.

Dont get me wrong, i've had some success with your tactics but not to the extent some of you guys have.

Another good looking set mate which i will try as soon as i can. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK

Hello Mr Hough:

What do you mean in number' terms about your changes (1., 2. and 3.)?

Does it mean to move the slider in the case 1. to the middle (number 10 in the slider)?

Does it mean to move the slider in the case 2. to the middle (number 10 in the slider) for one centerback and around 6-7 for the other centerback?

Does it mean to move the slider in the case 3. to the number 13 in the slider?

Thanks in advance

it's tricky yhis cos different people have different views on the slidders i'll upload screenshots.

fullbacks closing down set both as this.th_Fullbacks.jpg

Center back 1 closing downth_CBack1.jpg

Center back 2 closing downth_CBack2.jpg

Set Central mid and Strikers passing to thisth_Passing.jpg

Hopefully this will be easier

Hi Hough

How much difference do using the shouts make? The reason i ask this is because I normally only get time to play for an hour or 2 a week. Because of this I want to get as many matches played in this time as possible so i have it on classic view instead of watching the matches to save time.

Would it be worth my while to watch matches and maybe just get 1 or 2 games in a week (and take ages to get a season done) or keep using tactics without the shouts to play more games, but ultimately probably lose more.

Dont get me wrong, i've had some success with your tactics but not to the extent some of you guys have.

Another good looking set mate which i will try as soon as i can. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK

for the last few games i haven't been using the shouts and i've still been winning the reason i put them in the OP is that incase people wanted to know what shouts i've used.

Hi Hough

if you watche the matches on key and put the speed about 2 notches from the top you will see how the team is performing and it will only take about 2-3 minutes to get through a game

Archived