• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What ive found is that the defence is extremely fragile and vulnerable

Very good in attack, but you have three strikers so what do you expect

I will test further however. Team probably needs to gel

How about trying out what i do?

1. Change strategy to COUNTER

2. Choose the following touchline instructions - Retain possession, Pass to feet, stay on feet.

Give it a go if your struggling

How about trying out what i do?

1. Change strategy to COUNTER

2. Choose the following touchline instructions - Retain possession, Pass to feet, stay on feet.

Give it a go if your struggling

will try that out will let you know how i do

will try that out will let you know how i do

Its what i was doing in my West Ham save and i Won 9 Drew 2 Lost 1 For 35 Against 11 in the twelve games i used it.

I also had half my defence missing through injury in those games so could have done better defensively.

I hope it works out for you AND Crewe

ok i was using your complete domination 10.2 with Newcastle with unreal results, i am going to switch to this because i have 3 great strikers, smolarek, macheda and amr zaki, my question is which role should i play my strikers in

Been following your thread and using your tactics, Mr Hough, and being a classic tactic fan I feel less confortable playing a creator version. But I now have a doubt that I would like some help to understand. In theory the shouts will influence gameplay, so somehow what they do is adjust sliders accordingly to the objective of the shout. So couldn't you set up the tactic already with the slider configuration given by the suggested 3 shouts, so we wouldn't need to set it up ourselfs manually? Hope you understand my question.

PS: If you are thinking I'm asking this because I'm too lazy to click in the shouts you're wrong!! :) I just want to convert the tactic to classic, but want to know what changes in the sliders with the 3 shouts so I can reproduce them in classic version.

Hi Mr Hough, im a huge fan of your tactics, the previous 4-1-2-1-2 was magical, ive been playing with this one for about 9 games now and ive won every game. However only one of these was with a clean sheet. Most of the goals im conceding are from corners so im gonna have a look at the corner set up and see if i can suggest any improvements. However the tactic as a whole works extremely well, and the shouts to see out a game havnt let me down yet.

Many thanks

mr hough i done all these If your managing Lower league and your defence isn't quick you wanna have at least 10 for Pace and Acceleration you could try lowering the D-Line a few notches then when you get better players move it back up to where it was.

If your trying to see out games that are close use the shouts

Change stratagy to Counter

Retain Possession

Clear ball to Flanks

You could also try slowing the tempo and put the time wasting on higher

Use the Smallest Pitch Size Available

Use Bubba Bay Tuna's Team Talks aswell there is a 'Sticky' at the top of the main Page in the tactic forums

I use Tuggs Training.

I've tired Hammer1000 shouts/ counter

here my squad i did have william as well but got a bid and stupid Lee Stratford cashed in on him 4 25 million to pay debts :mad:

sheffieldwednesday2.png

i really dont get it as all the defenders/anchor man settings are the same as complete dominance.2 and the only thing is major difference is deep lying forward, i was getting good results with that. i dont want to go back to that, as this is your new 1 tactic and you think it the best 1 yet. so any help from you guys would be appreciated!

Great tactics by the looks of it.

One thing though: The touchline shouts dont have any effect here as almost every player/team instruction is chosen manually.

F.ex: Retain posession which you recommend using shortens passing length and slows tempo. Tempo here though is manually chosen and cant be changed and same goes for passing length for every player except for the GK.

IE. Dont bother using the shouts - if you want to change anything it must be done manually here!

Cargswfc Can you upload your save game and send me it via PM and i'll have a look at it that way for you.

It's hard to tell why you are going wrong

yeah sure that was my next suggestion yo might want to get rid of sheffield fc as i add them to see if it would work with them

now i dont know if this means anything but ive been trying retain posession and it seems to be working better than doing nothing mr hough just a suggestion

use what works best for you the shouts i have wrote in the OP are the ones i use and i think they work yet again when i havent used them the tactic still does really well.

If you think that the tactic is good with the shouts keep using them if not then try without them.

Mr Hough: started using this tactic about 2 months into my season. used it now for about 10 games and it has been ok so far.

the first few games i won with the attitude of ill score more than you (winning games 3-2 etc) so i was conceding quite a few. not sure whether it is maybe my team starting to get used to the tactic or the fact that i decided not to close down the strikers on the OI. i still use the other OI suggested and since doing so i have won 4 games by 4-0, 4-1, 7-0 and 3-0 and 3 of these games were away. the 7-0 result was against a weaker side away from home in the champions league but i changed my whole starting 11 from the previous match and used my decent youngsters and subs.

not sure if this has had an effect on my defence but it seems to have as the opposition are creating for less chances against me.

has anyone else tried this at all?

Mr Hough

Just wanted to say thank you for making the game really good fun again - was getting very frustrated with the ME at times but your tactic has made it perfect for a player to pick up the game and play for fun. Although I've never really posted, I have been reading all of your posts since you first started complete domination and tried all tactics (and the various tweaks) on different games. This one trumps the lot and I'm sure it took a lot of time to research so many thanks for that.

I'm Wolves, finished 14th, 14th first two seasons but brought in loads of youngsters and sold all the big names so financially very well off, finished 4th in season 3 and made the CL!!! (just drawn 1-1 at the Nou Camp - result!). Season 4 with the Ultimo tactic I'm top of the league after 10 games (W9, L1) and perfect timing as lots of my youngsters and wonderkids are now really ready for 1st team and playing well:

GK - Hart

RB - Vidal

LB - Dodo

CB - Addison (retrain as a CB - quality)

CB - Muniesa (bought for 110k in first season, now worth 5.2m and wonderkid)

DM - Sandro (my only big money purchase - £14m)

CM - Camacho (transfer listed - £3.4m???!)

CM - Krivets

ST - Sturridge (8 in 10)

ST - Bernardo (13 in 10 so far / retrained as a striker)

ST - Sanogo (11 in 10)

I have the most U21 internationals out of any club in the league (10) and an average squad age of 20, but with these tactics and the great advice on teamtalks, I'm going to win the league (hopefully!)

Many thanks again for all of your hard work

"The gap between attack and midfield is far yoo big and the supply from midfield just isn't getting anywhere".

This is what legendary ass-man Italo Galbiato has to say during match (I'm Pool) vs ManU.

And also I get repeatedly message from him:

"Edin Dzeko acts as if he is used to playing at a higher tempo than asked to toda" plus also "It seems like Edin Dzeko is not used to closing down opponents as often as asked".

I play him as poacher (Torres advanced FW; Pander deep-lying or Milevskyi advanced (very good!) and Torres (deep-lying)

I have to ask a question about this, since I didn't get your english well enough here:

Is these the shouts I should use when I wanna defend a comfortable lead? Didn't really get the words "see out games that are close".

Sorry man, just wanna ask so I know what to do.

I have to ask a question about this, since I didn't get your english well enough here:

Is these the shouts I should use when I wanna defend a comfortable lead? Didn't really get the words "see out games that are close".

Sorry man, just wanna ask so I know what to do.

yes thats right mate

"The gap between attack and midfield is far yoo big and the supply from midfield just isn't getting anywhere".

This is what legendary ass-man Italo Galbiato has to say during match (I'm Pool) vs ManU.

And also I get repeatedly message from him:

"Edin Dzeko acts as if he is used to playing at a higher tempo than asked to toda" plus also "It seems like Edin Dzeko is not used to closing down opponents as often as asked".

I play him as poacher (Torres advanced FW; Pander deep-lying or Milevskyi advanced (very good!) and Torres (deep-lying)

don't worry about what ass man says listen to me do what i say and you'll win look over the OP and read towards the bottom for the shouts and OI's that i use

Ok thanks man! I'm currently playing a save within a competition for writing about your saves. So I'm not sure yet if I should patch up and change to this tactic.

Maybe it will take alot of time for the players to get used to the new tactic, I'm not sure really. You know anything about that? How long it'll take until this tactic begins to perform?

I'm playing with Standard in Belgia, had great success with your complete dominance 10.1 tactic, so far unbeaten in the league in season 4. Currently in the first leg of Champions League and the end of the season. So it will be quite a bad time to patch up and switch tactic actually.

use what works best for you the shouts i have wrote in the OP are the ones i use and i think they work yet again when i havent used them the tactic still does really well.

If you think that the tactic is good with the shouts keep using them if not then try without them.

kool thanks love the winning feeling its what i bought the game for

I am struggling big time and i have used your instructions to the letter. Only one of mt strikers is scoring and i am shipping a lot of goals.

AFC Wimbeldon in Championship currently 9th. I tried the counter approach mentioned and got draws and the overload is proving a little inconsistent played about 15 games and maybe i will swap all my players in based on pace to see if that changes anything.

That's me finished my 1st season in the Championship with York City and we did ourselves proud.

I started the season using your joint venture tweak tactic then when the ultimo was released i changed to that midway through the season. The performance of my team was slightly better using that tactic but we definitely improved after using no shouts in game and switching to Defensive/Counter.

We were predicted to finish 24th but we got a playoff spot in 3rd.

Beat Huddersfiled 3-2 on aggregate in the Playoff Semi but unfortunately lost 1-3 to Ipswich in the Final :(.

Still a great season as we were predicted to finish bottom afterall.

Here is the table.

chtable.jpg

Obviously to get to the Final and lose is gutting but i expect too much lol. Hopefully next season we can push on and get promoted.

Well I used it for six games now in my second season with St. Pauli after I had a bit of a poor run with Complete Domination for the first 11 games. Playing it with the AMC though as my squad was build for the 41212 (and I still prefer football with 2 upfront :)). Had 3 draws, 3 wins and I guess I am somehow satisfied. As before I changed the games are close and neither I nor the opponent scores much. Guess my offensive isnt ready yet for first division football as they showed me in second division that they know where to drag the ball too, so I hope my defensive keeps it together like they did for the rest of the season.

mr hough i done all these If your managing Lower league and your defence isn't quick you wanna have at least 10 for Pace and Acceleration you could try lowering the D-Line a few notches then when you get better players move it back up to where it was.

Change stratagy to Counter

Retain Possession

Clear ball to Flanks

You could also try slowing the tempo and put the time wasting on higher

Use the Smallest Pitch Size Available

Use Bubba Bay Tuna's Team Talks aswell there is a 'Sticky' at the top of the main Page in the tactic forums

I use Tuggs Training.

I've tired Hammer1000 shouts/ counter

here my squad i did have william as well but got a bid and stupid Lee Stratford cashed in on him 4 25 million to pay debts :mad:

sheffieldwednesday2.png

i really dont get it as all the defenders/anchor man settings are the same as complete dominance.2 and the only thing is major difference is deep lying forward, i was getting good results with that. i dont want to go back to that, as this is your new 1 tactic and you think it the best 1 yet. so any help from you guys would be appreciated!

Crags can you please tell me which skin this is mate? Love it

what you need to do if your player is complacent is click on the 'Don't Let your performance Drop' from the OVERALL TEAM TALK you WILL have to do this to get this team talk.

If some players are Fired up looking motivated playing with confidence change there team talk to NONE.

if some Players are playing okay change it to the You Have Faith.

If players are having a bad game sub them.

Team talks are very important this is a screen from the game i'm playing right now as you can see all players are playing with confidence so i will say nothing to them at half-time.

th_Half-time.jpg

Will try your info and play with this sceen...it seems more informative!

for those of you struggling defensively i am not 100% sure it has worked but it might be worth changing the OI you use as it seems to have worked for me at least.

the OI i use are Tight Marking on AMR / AML or MR / ML, AMC (if opposition are playing one) and all ST

I also use closing down Always on all of these except for the strikers.

this is the only change i have made to the opening post and Mr Hough ideas and my results have improved and i am conceding less.

for those of you struggling defensively i am not 100% sure it has worked but it might be worth changing the OI you use as it seems to have worked for me at least.

the OI i use are Tight Marking on AMR / AML or MR / ML, AMC (if opposition are playing one) and all ST

I also use closing down Always on all of these except for the strikers.

this is the only change i have made to the opening post and Mr Hough ideas and my results have improved and i am conceding less.

Will try it out 2nite!!!

However I don't seem to get as many CCC as you guys had, although I have quite a decent squad at ManC.

After few unsuccessful games, I used to old complete dominace which I had no problem in defense. Beated Barca at home, drew them away, beated liverpool 3-0 away...etc.

I feel that I have more success if I set the mid striker as the target man as well. He seems to receive the ball more, and then getting more thr ball to the other strikers.

Archived