[FM10] Quids in with The Bucks

Feedolover

Hi everyone, my first ever career thread here, so bare with me please

10.2 database I think, large database, fully patched

Leagues loaded: Croatia, England, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Ireland, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Wales, all playable leagues in these nations loaded.

It's worth pointing out that I am already 2 and a half seasons into my career, so will quickly overview these with posts made off another messageboard, before then continuing

I have done career and journeyman careers before, but usually start unemployed. This time I'm starting with the worst playable team in my county, AFC Telford in the Blue Square North

Just nicked these tables of iavocone, hope it's ok, ;)

Season    Club        |  League           |  Country      | Position (of) |        Achievements         |
----------------------|-------------------|---------------|---------------|-----------------------------|
2008-09   Telford     |  Blue Square North|  England      |  2nd  (22)    |   Play-Off Semis            |
2009-10   Telford     |  Blue Square North|  England      |  10th (22)    |                             |
2010-11   Telford     |  Blue Square North|  England      |  3rd (22)     |   Promoted via Play-offs    |
2011-12               |                   |               |               |                             |
2012-13               |                   |               |               |                             |
2013-14               |                   |               |               |                             |
2014-15               |                   |               |               |                             |
2015-16               |                   |               |               |                             |

Doubt these two tables will get filled for a while ;)

Trophy Cabinet

Season        Team          Country       |  Competition  |
------------------------------------------|---------------|
                                         |               |
                                         |               |
                                         |               |
                                         |               |
                                         |               |

International Career

Season       Team      | GP    W    D    L    GF    GA    DIF    COMPETITION    ACHIEVEMENTS  
-----------------------|----------------------------------------------------------------------
                      |                                                                     

AFC Telford United

afctulogo-small.jpg

Season 2009/2010

My media prediction was top, and the board expectation was promotion. So there is certainly pressure for promotion this season. I was given no transfer budgt, and precious little in the way of spare wages

My Initial Transfers In

TransfersIn.jpg

I didn't get rid of any players, as I felt they were all good enough for a season, but a shortage of numbers meant I had to bring in four players initially.

Michael McCann is a natural striker, who can play right-wing, Eammon Lynch is a striker aswell, Jalmard Kulsten a left back and Paul Brooker a right midfielder and winger.

A mid-way through December update (taken off another board):

So far, my verdict is "acceptable", but a damn sight better than real-life. I'm 3rd in the league, played 22 got 37 points. Big spenders Fleetwood are top with 43 points and Solihull Moores are 2nd with 38 points, so winning the league is still a big possibility.

In general i've decided to go with the starting squad, so haven't offloaded anybody. We were a little short in numbers, so I had to sign 4 players, a Dutch left back, 2 Irish strikers and lower-league past-it journeyman right winger Paul Brooker.

My performances have been very inconsistent, I've had winning runs and runs without winning. I've administered beatings on other teams, and been battered myself. A prime example of this being losing 4-0 away to Alfreton, and then winning the home game 6-0.

So I'm in a healthy position with Telford, and can hopefully push on to promotion.

An end of season update (again off another board):

What was overall a good season for Telford and for me as a manage unfortunately ended very disapointingly.

In February I bought in Welsh left back Mike Williams, who was released from Wrexham, and he goes straight into the team

The second half of the season saw the team go on a 15 game unbeaten run and win the vast majority of my games. Unfortunately other teams were just as good so I never got the chance to become the Blue Square North pace-setters. Fleetwood in particular led the race for the majority of the season, and I had to win all these games just to keep up with them. With two games of the season to go my big chance came when I managed to draw level with Fleetwood, they had the superior goal difference but I had a definite opportunity and felt that two wins could most likely see me win the league and win promotion. However the last two games went badly, a last minute equaliser to draw 1-1 at home against Corby, followed by a 2-0 defeat against Vauxhall Motors saw me finish second, so the play-offs.

I was particularly unhappy to realise that in the Play-Offs I would be up against Vauxhall Motors, a team I'd just lost to and lost the earlier game aswell, so I wasn't confident.

I went away to Ellesmere Port, lost a goal early but battled hard and two own goals from their keeper saw me win 2-1 away.

Back to the New Bucks Head, where a crowd of 4500 witnessed me go a goal up, with adventorous tactics, before two quick Vauxhall goals drew the tie level. Midway through the second half they managed another goal, and as much as I huffed and puffed I couldn't get a goal, so 4500 virtual Telford fans going away unhappy.

Seriously, next season has to be promotion for me to advance in this career.

League Table

Best Eleven

Player of the Year - Eamonn Lynch

Top Scorer - Eamonn Lynch 17

Most Assists - Eamonn Lynch 13

Highest Average Rating - Eamonn Lynch 7.14

Most Man of Match - Eamonn Lynch 8

Trust me, it was not quite the one man show it may appear :)

Telford Competition Summary

Blue Square North - 2nd (lost in play-off semi final)

FA Cup - 2nd qualifying round

FA Trophy - 2nd round

2009/2010 Other Competition Winners (Others available by request ;))

Premier League: Man Utd

Championship: Newcastle

League 1: Huddersfield

League 2: Notts County

Blue Square Premier: Luton

FA Cup: Man City

League Cup: Tottenham

Johnstones Paint Trophy: Doncaster

Champions League: Chelsea

UEFA Cup: Villareal

La Liga: Real Madrid

Serie A: Juventus

Ligue 1: Saint-Ettiene

Bundesliga: HSV

Scottish Premiership: Rangers

Season 2010/2011

After last seasons disapointment, again, the boards minimum requirement was promotion, which I felt optimistic of achieving.

Here's another quote, this from pre-season:

After last season, I was informed by the board that the minimum requirment is promotion. I settled for promotion, which gave me no transfer budget, and a wage budget of £2000 spare one I released my players (below)

Transfers Out

I decided that today I would complete the Telford pre-season. After my play-off heartache I decided to release about half a dozen of last seasons squad, including some of last years better players, who were amongst my higher earners. This saw Steve Torpey, Phil Trainer, Liam Blakeman, Danny Carey-Bertram, Steve Jagielka and Jamie Vermiglio as the highest profile players to exit.

Transfers In

I struggled a bit to find some suitable players to bring into the club. I signed defensive midfielder Alan Moogan from newly promoted Southport, who in my league had an average rating of over 7 last year. I also made use of my new connection with Leicester City by loaning in ex-Liverpool right midfielder Astrit Ajdarevic, who is miles too good for this league, so hopefully he performs. I also signed a centre half called Bird, a left back from Wrexham (Williams) and a Nigerian left back/winger, who broke his leg in his 3rd friendly and is now out for 7-8 months

I also looked 12miles down to the road to increase my numbers, and bought in Wayne Farmer, Josh Evans, Danny Taylor, Will Richards and Jason Wood after they'd been released by Salop. Initially they were bought as back-up, but they might get more first team football than I had imagined as they're all pretty half-decent and had good pre-seasons. Danny Taylor will definetly be starting my first game away against Hinckley after Lee Vaughan picked up a groin injury

Pre-Season Friendlys

I had a rather hectic pre-season what with all the comings and goings, and managed to squeeze in 7 friendlys. My relationships with Wolves and Leicester meant they both made the trip to the New Bucks Head, bringing in a bit of cash for the club. However, the less said about these games the better! I also hosted Wycombe at home, and the Glenn Hoddle Academy as always, and Hampton and Richmond. The team travelled away to minnows Maidenhead and Ponyclun. Overall, the footballing side really should improve. Results below:

Telford 1-2 Wycombe

Maidenhead 3-2 Telford

Pontyclun 0-3 Telford

Telford 1-10 Wolves

Telford 1-7 Leiester

Telford 1-1 Hampton and Richmond

Telford 5-1 GH Academy

Got a tricky start to the season, my first two games being Hinckley away and Vauxhall Motors at home, both fell at the play-offs like me last season

Will update soon, when I get to January

Here are my inital transfers for the season, I've left them all on, even transfers made during the season and the back-end of it

Here's my January Update

Right then, I'm on New Years Day, 2011, so time for an update.

It's quite hard to describe the season so far, because I feel we haven't been no where near as good as last season, yet we're still sitting in 5th in the league, only 4 points off top.

There was a time, about 10 games in, that there was heavy rumours I was getting sacked should I lose the next game. These concerned me, as at the time I was in mid-table, about 12th in the league, which I know is not good enough for Telford, but all along I was only about 4 points off the play-offs.

I never did get the push though, and still fight on. I have been very inconsistent again this season, I haven't had long unbeaten runs, or long runs without winning

My star perfomer so far has been the striker Andy Brown, who has scored 16 goals so far. My next top scorer has 4, so you can see his importance. Also, special mentions go to the old centre-backs Cowan and Whitehead, who have been good as ever and chipped in with goals aswell. Ex-Town player Danny Taylor had displaced Lee Vaughan as first choice right-back due to quality performances aswell.

A couple of freebies I bought in during the season so far were Kalala,ex-Grimsby defensive midfielder, who is far to good for this level, and Andy Cooke, for back-up

And here's my end of season update:

Due to the nature of the season I can't really be bothered to do one of these, but I will anyway

Finished in a very poor 10th place, with 12 points less than last seasons 2nd place finish. For most of the season i was clinging onto my job, with reports that the board were losing patience with me, so whether a sacking is just round the corner I don't know. Earlier in the season Stenhousmuir had approached me, but they were doing awful in the Scots 3rd Division so I declined

I signed a couple of players during the latter part of the season, including Jamie Devitt who was unattached.

I am really going to have to strenghten next year and am already looking at possible signings, Neil Ashton being one of them. Thankfully I can get rid of a fair few of my under-peforming players.

6 players of my team ended up with aveage ratings of 7 and above they were;

Jean Paul Kalala, defensive mid with football league experience, 31 games 1 goal, average rating 7.00

Alan Moogan, Kalalas centre mid partner, now captain after releasing Whitehead, 40 games 4 goals, average rating 7.02

Astrit Ajdarevic, right midfielder on loan from parent club Leicester, 42 games 8 goals, average rating 7.04

Tyrone Eastwood, left and centre back who came through the Telford youth system, 26 games 1 goal, average rating 7.08

Andy Brown, 47 games 26 goals, only decent striker this season, average rating 7.13

Mike Williams, left back signed from Wrexham, 34 games 1 goal, average rating of 7.19

Heres the disapointing League table

And the seasons Best Eleven

Player of the Season - Andy Brown

Top Scorer - Andy Brown 26

Most Assists - Michae McCann 13

Highest Average Rating - Mike Williams 7.19

Most Man of Match - Andy Brown 9

Telford Competition Summary

Blue Square North - 10th

FA Cup - Fourth Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - First Round

2010/2011 Other Competition Winners

Premier League: Chelsea

Championship: Middlesborough

League 1: Southampon

League 2: Yeovil

Blue Square Premier: Oxford

FA Cup: Arsenal

League Cup: Chelsea

Johnstones Paint Trophy: Notts County

Champions League: Barcelona

UEFA Cup: Atletico Madrid

La Liga: Barcelona

Serie A: Palermo

Ligue 1: Lyon

Bundesliga: Schalke

Scottish Premiership: Celtic

Season 2011/2012

Due to last seasons disapointment, the board's expctation of me and of the team had decreased, and their minimum expectation was now simply a top half finish. However, if I felt I was taking the team backwards, I would have resigned and accepted one of the job offers I recieved last year, so I went with the expectation of promotion again.

The pre-season quote is below this is quite a long one so I'll add some screenshots into it :)

NOTE: These screenies are from halfway through the season

The board gave me the choice of winner, promotion or top half. Even after last season's poor sowing I'm still optimistic I can get Telford promoted, so I went for promotion. For the first time ever they gave me a transfer budget (of 30K), an a healthy wage budget aswell. It might have something to do with me operating the club at a profit through the last two seasons.

Transfers Out

I had to get rid of some of last season under-performers, and released Danny Edwards, Jon Adams and Carl Rodgers who had been with the club since the start. Edwards was unlucky to be released as he has been my first choice left-winger for the last two seasons, but I felt a change was needed. I also released the two Irish strikers I signed during the first season, Lynch and McCann, as age was catching up with them and they both had poor seasons. I now only have four players who started with the club left, they are Ryan Young (GK), Lee Vaughan (RB), Gav Cowan (CB), and Andy Brown (ST)

Transfers In

Due to having some youngsters breaking into the first team squad, I felt confident that I wouldn't need to sign a whole heap of players. Infact, up to now I've only signed 4. Two freebie strikers to replace the two I released. The new ones are also Irish and called Murphy and Ward. I also signed a young Scottish centre back called Wedderburn, as I was a bit light at the back, and paid my first ever fee for a player, signing Christian Montano (another striker) for 22K

The squad

Just to update you with what the make up of the squad now looks like

Goalkeepers

Ryan Young- first choice every season and will be again

The only back-up I have is an 18 year old called Mark Barnett who has come through the ranks, but still not good enough really yet

Defenders

Danny Taylor - right back signed having been released by Shrewsbury, was first choice last season and will be again

Lee Vaughan - was right back before Taylor, still quality back up and may rotate the two during the season

Gain Cowan - for the first time probably won't be in the first team, he's knocking on a bit and made a few mistakes last season Still great option for me to have as he can play left-back

Tyrone Eastwood - Centre back who can play left back. Still only 18 having developed through the youth team. My best defender now. Worth 35K now and has bigger clubs sniffing round

Craig Wedderburn- centre half, signed only recently

Matthew Bird - Singed last season from Grimsby but didn't get too much of a chance, likely to play more this season

Wayne Farmer - signed last season from us, was dumped in the reserves last season, so hopefully can make the step up to first team squad player

Mike Williams - Left back with excellent stats, was my best player last season and one of the first names on the team sheet

Midfielders

Kasali Yinka Casal - left mid who can play left back, signed last season from Swindon, broke a leg so didn't play much

Danny Rowe - left wing, signed near the end of last season on a free from Stockport, looks too good for this level, hopefully he will be

Sean Hunt - Yet another left winger, signed last season from Birmingham when Casal broke his leg, mostly sub appearances, was lucky to get a new contract

Alan Moogan - signed last season after winning promotion with Southport, now the teams captain

Jean-Paul Kalala - signed last seasn from Yeovil, quality player with a terrible discliplinary record

Jason Wood- signed from Town, first choice back-up for centre mid, played a lot last season and hopefully will improve this season

Will Richards - 4th choice centre mid, again from Town, had a lot of injuries last season so hardly played

Jamie Devitt - signed on a free at the end of last season, again a player who looks too good for this division

Peter Vernon - a right mid who has come through the ranks and broken into the first team squad for this season

Strikers

Andy Brown - top scorer last season, even though I've signed better players up front Brown will start

Michael Ward - striker who can play right wing, stats look good, will probably start on the bench

Alan Murphy - signed this season, will probably start up top with Brown

Christian Montano - siged from an Irish team for 22K, he starts with West Ham, will probably end up playing because he looks quality, but not straight away

So theres my squad.

The friendlys went well as well, (one game excused

Torquay H 0-0 draw

GH Academy H 5-2 win

Kiddy H 1-1 draw

Wolves H 0-8 lose

Leicester H 1-2 lose

Wycombe H 2-1 win

Gillingham H 1-2 lose

Bournmouth Poppies WHO!? 0-0 draw

After quoting this half-way through the season update I will have caught up to where I am in the season

Just got through that extremely difficult Christmas-New Year period, and I've got to admit, the results were beyond me wildest dreams. I won the load of them

That said the season has been beyond my wildest dreams thus far aswell. I've got the mighty Bucks in 1st place, looking down at Chester and Kiddy. The league for Telford this season reads P23, W13, D9, L1. Currently sitting on an unbeaten run of 18 games, a Telford record, things are at the moment going swimmingly

You may have noticed I have thus far through the 3 seasons never mentioned any Telford Cup progress. That's because there has never been any Telford Cup progress. I still have never made the first round proper of the FA Cup, but this year has seen Telford come to life in the FA Trophy. Having qualified for the first round, was drawn a difficult tie at home against financially stricken Clue Square Premier strugglers Macclesfield. The Bucks Head game was a 0-0, but I sensationally won at Moss Road, in extra time 2-1. In the next round I comfortably dispatched rivals Stafford 2-0.

My Telford magic has not gone unnoticed, as I was declared bookies favourite for the vacant Leicester and Millwall jobs. However I feel my refusal to comment, whilst pleasing the board, meant the call never came, so I struggle on at Telford.

Since my last update I bought in a couple of new players. I bought Shrewsbury's very own Jon Taylor for free, and loaned in Crewe defensive midfielder Ashley Westwood, with a view to a permanent move. Also signed goalkeeper Shane Redmond, who has football league experience

Injuries have at times decimated the squad, almost every player has suffered an injury already this season, the worst being a broken leg for last years top scorer Andy Brown. But my strength in depth has shone through, with as many as 15 players average ratings in the 7s

I think that is all for now, wish me luck on the promotion quest with the Bucks, hopefully this is the year for success, and let's get the New Bucks head rocking!

So now I can do nomal updates, gotta admit, this season is going well thus far :)

Season Update-February 2012

February was a super month, one which saw me claim my first ever manager of the month award, and Alan Murphy was awarded player of the month

Here's the fixtures, results and goalscorers:

FixturesFebruary.jpg

6 goals show Murphy was a deserving winner of the player of the month award. His strike partner Montana also chipped in with sme crucial ones, and has a pechant for the spectacular.

First game was the 2-0 win against Chester. A particularly impressive result, as Chester are my main competition for the title, along with Kidderminster. A game I was always in control of and two Murphy goals made sure of the points

Then it was another away game, saw me beat mid-tablers Burton 2-1. It was generally a comfortable win though, as Burtons goal was a late consolation

The next two home games against Workington and Hinckley were almost identical games, with identical results. In both games I took the lead in the first half, before two goals in the last 10 minutes made the scoreline (and my goal difference) look slightly rosier. Two 3-0 wins.

Then it was an unwelcome distraction from the league, with a home tie in the FA Trophy 4th round against Cambridge. Cambridge are absolutely strolling the Blue Square Prem, having ony drew 5 and lost 2 all season. So it would take a pretty monumental effort to come through this game with a positive reslt. However, I felt attack was the best form of defence, as a draw wuld have seen a replay, and I thought my chances of winning away would be even smaller. So I went on the attack, dominated the first half and had a Kalala scorcher to show for my efforts. The second half saw me defend the lead resolutely and come through 1-0

Back to the league, and another tricky away game against Kidderminster. They took the lead early, and went into half time 1-0 up. I equalised pretty soon after thanks to Montano, but they took the lead again. With 15 mins to go I made my subs (usually leave them late), and went overload. These changes were rewarded when sub Jon Taylor pulled the scorers level on 80 mins, and looked to have got the winner even later. Unfortunatey Kiddy equalised with practically the last kick of the game for a 3-3 draw

Kiddy.jpg

March is another big month for me. My FA Tropy run means I have 8 games in the month, the biggest games being my FA Trophy semi-final ties against Sutton

Season Update - March 2012

As good a month February was, March was bad.

FixturesMarch.jpg

As you can see, one good thumping away win apart, my team strugled for form and for goals this month.

I had so many games this month, I do have quite a large squad, but I think the fixture pile-up caught up with me, and I lost crucial ground to the leaders, the top 4 now look like;

Chester P37 80pts

Kidderminster P37 78pts

Telford P37 75pts

Tamworth P37 68pts

I'm feeling slightly ripped off, because the last two seasons the number of points required to win the league was 77 then 76.

The FA Trophy was a bit of a non-event, two bore-draws followed by a penalty defeat. Link----> 2nd Leg

The highlight of the month was that 5-0 win away to Worcester, all first half goals

The last match, against Tamworth was one of the craziest games of the season, Andy Brown messing up on his first start of the season and promptly being removed from penalty taking duty.

Next month will be crucial, and looking at the fixtures they're not the hardest, but I really need to "buck" my ideas up.

Season Update-April 2012

April was quit a good month, solid but unspectaculor

FixturesApril.jpg

Murphy was the man again and collected his second player of the month award of the season, defence was pretty good aswell. No fixtures really worth a special mention this month

This also saw the completion of the league, where I had to settle for third. League Table

So, I've got Tamworth in the play-offs, which will be tricky, and should I get past that I'll be facing Kidderminster or Corby. It's going to be really difficult, I fear.

I'll update the play-offs probably later today

As you can see from the screenies above, I pulled it off :)

Mr Murphy had a rather sensational play-off campaign, symptimatic of the team, with 7 goals.

The Finances of the squad are in an extremally healthy state, operating at a consistent profit

This Seasons Best Eleven - can't argue with that, to be honest. Also 8 players inducted to the Overall Best Eleven

Player of the Season - Big Suprise, only one candidate, Alan Murphy

Top Goalscorer - Again, Murphy, with 36

Most Assists - The right back, Danny Taylor, who managed 12

Highest Average Rating - Alan Murphy with 7.35

Most Man of Match - Murphy with 8

Competition Progress Overview

Blue Square North - 3rd, promoted via play-offs

FA Cup - Third qualifying round

FA Trophy - Semi Finalists

2011/2012 Other Competition Winners

Premier League: Man City

Championship: Birmingham

League 1: Doncaster

League 2: Stockport

Blue Square Premier: Cambridge

FA Cup: Tottenham

League Cup: Man City

Johnstones Paint Trophy: Charlton

Champions League: Barcelona

UEFA Cup: Chelsea

La Liga: Real Madrid

Serie A: Inter

Ligue 1: Lyon

Bundesliga: Bayern

Scottish Premiership: Celtic

Season 2012/2013

So, first season of Blue Square Prem. I already bought in 3 new players, 2 strikers Michael Symes and Jake Robinson, and LB/CB/LM/CM Neil Ashton.

The board expectations are as follows;

Attempt to avoid relegation - Transfer budget 85K, Wage budget 12.25K

Avoid relegation - 85K, 13K

Mid-table - 85K, 13.25K

Top half - 85K, 13.25K

Promotion - 85K, 13.5K

Winner -85K, 13.75K

Baring in mind my current wage is only 9000, and I haven't released anyone yet, I opted for a manageable target of mid-table. I will probably convert most of the transfer budget into wage budget, to give me the wage to really sign some quality to complement my already gifted squad.

The players I'm planning on getting rid of on frees; Ryan Young, Gavin Cowan, Alan Moogan, Michael Ward, Andy Brown, Kasali Yinka Casal and Sean Hunt, taking 2000 off the weekly wage bill

Archived