[FM10] Journeyman Jack's First Trip to the Continent!

JackDavies

Welcome to Journeyman Jack's First Trip to the Continent

Having been inspired by this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4435355#post4435355 I started my own Journeyman career with full leagues of England, Italy, Spain and Sweden with an automatic reputation

Expecting to have a long wait on my hands, what with being unemployed,I was shocked and delighted to be offered a job in the opening week. Not really having any idea of what i was looking for, i decided to take the job at Robertsfors IK, in the bottom league of Swedens divisions; Second Division North.

So onwards and upwards to my first job!

Project 1 - Robertsfors I.K

_2.jpg

Upon taking control of the team, i was informed by the staff that our squad possesed a large amount of pace, and was expected to finish 5th in a league of 12.

I decided to focus on mainly bringing in players with good physical stats, with the planned philosophy of playing with an extremely direct counter attacking pacey team.

I was somewhat unsure as to what to expect from the season, so i set a target of finishing in the top half.

Transfers (all on frees)

Paulinho- A good creative midfielder, little bit of Brazilian flair. Was actually a bit of a dissapointment, failed to settle in and didnt really contribute much to the team

Maurice Sungati - A good finish Kenyan striker, with a good amount of pace and acceleration (14,14). Was a great little purchase for me racking up 11 goals in 16 games

Mattias Filipiancis - A good young centre back. Didn't really notice him throughout the season, which IMO for a defender is a good thing. Only conceded 19 goals, 3rd lowest in the league and he was a stone in my team (Not a rock, but very close )

Season Review

I had a very slow start to the season, losing my first 3 games. Unfortunately i think this was a combination of my team getting use to me, and Sungati being injured for 3 weeks. I then however went on to win 12 out of the next 15 points with a beautiful 94th min winner away from home by Paulinho (his only seasonal contribution). With this, i moved up to 4th, and the thought of promotion creeped into my mind. This was sharply subdued however, on realising that only one team was promoted, and that Pitea were storming it having won all there games bar one. Right that was it then, build for next year.

As the season continued, the team continued to go from strentgh to strength, including a great 3-0 victory over 2nd place. Culminating in us only being 3 points off 1st with 4 games to go.

So could i do something remarkable and gain promotion? Well unfortunately the answer is no, 5 points from the last 4 games, just really wasn't enough and highly dissapointing. Leaving me in 4th and to build for next year.

Next year

With a few more signings, i believe promotion will be an achievable target for this team. My only hope is that the team relegated doesn't storm the league

Career Overview:

Season    Team			League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10  Robertsfors IK	2nd Div North	         4th         Predicted to finish 5th 6 points off top

Mind you, they were really bad Kenyans and Brazillians, not of a standard better then anyone in my squad.

Free transfers or from other Swedish clubs? If they're already based in Sweden it's not unrealistic.

Archived