5 reasons why the 8.0.2 update should be out now.

personally i don't want SI to rush coz everytime they rush something they f it up, for example football manager 08

therefore i hope they will take their time and make a good patch. if they f this patch up then we will have to wait for another couple of months.

just wait...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i do agree with the sentiments of that the game should be working by now, after all i took a chance on the game in october, i didnt actually like the demo and nearly didnt buy it anyway. but it is just plain wrong that i have paid for a game which still has problems. I am fed up of missing out on the league title simply because there are games the ball just will not go in, and my opponent's lucky deflection gives them a win. and thats not "just the way it goes" or "just what football is like" it isnt good enough .

some of us cant afford to spend out on things for them to not be up to standard - i am a nursing student, now u tell me i have the money to throw away on something not doing the job. i wasnt on these forums back 7 years ago and cannot comment on how much the game has really changed in that period, however i do feel that whilst we should give SI the praise it warrants it also must take account of the fact that a completed working game is the minumum expectation - that is not too much to ask.

it is a huge let down to every person who has supported this series, the fans and employees and the fantastic voluntary researchers who are so dedicated to making this work, if they cannot fix the basic aspects of the game such as the match engine. which should be a higher priority than any superficial aspects.

When I read all this garbage I have to pinch myself and say 3 times, this is an 18 quid computer game.

I can think of many real life things that all this vitriol and criticism would be better directed at.

I've never complained about this game for the 13 or so years I've been playing CM/FM..

But now I'm fed up. The game has crashed and bugged out so many times now that I don't want to play it anymore.

Someone said that it takes time to fix the transfer updates?

SHUT UP!

Look at FMupdates.co.uk, SI have got a thing or two to learn from them...

My game crashed 5 minutes ago and I'm not even going to bother to try the damn thing again.. With NO help from the bugs forum I'm very doubtful that the new patch will be enough...

Now I'm going to look in the garage for CM from 96 to get some quality gaming...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When I read all this garbage I have to pinch myself and say 3 times, this is an 18 quid computer game.

I can think of many real life things that all this vitriol and criticism would be better directed at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£25 actually. Amazed you lowered yourself down to our level to bother registering & logging on if our views are so "Unworthy". No one said this was a UN Peacekeeping kind of thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When I read all this garbage I have to pinch myself and say 3 times, this is an 18 quid computer game.

I can think of many real life things that all this vitriol and criticism would be better directed at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how much would people have to pay before you think they would have the right to complain? What about people for which GBP 25 is a sizeable chunk of their disposable income? Would you deign to let them complain?

If you're so sick of the "vitriol and criticism" why don't you do what any reasonable person would do and avoid it? Maybe your time would be better spent helping to improve the product?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robmontie1965:

i AGREE WITH YOUR POST, MY VERSION IS WORKING FINE, i AM COV CITY IN 2.5 YEARS I HAVE WON CHAMPIONSHIP nd league cup, season 2 won premier league and l cup and chareity shield, the third season I am sitiing top of the league and got through to the knockout phases of champions, maybe it's time Ray Ransom gave me a call. As for the left back I picked up Carlinhos from Santos for 2mill he is quality and only 21. Sorry I am not sure how to attach a screenshot to show you his stats, hope this helps.

Go onto that screen and press Print Screen. Open up Word or Powerpoint and paste. Save it as a picture and then upload it to imageshack or photobucket.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andzel2000:

I think people are too quick to criticize. To get this game even half as realistic as it is would be some undertaking. Updating data is like pointing the great wall of China. I imagine if they missed Dickov's loan deal to Blackpool or something, someone would get arsey on here.

People forget that if they play this for a year they have paid on average about 50p a week for the game. I would imagine that plenty of moaners download the thing from a torrent site as well. I think the guys who are involved in producing this game should have our patience and support. For me, with what they have delivered over the years they are well in credit so if they have to correct some mistakes, so be it.

Anyone know of a good cheap left back by the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes sory guys that is corrct third season, I have started again with Coventry to prove its no fluke, this time I have won Championship season 1, season 2 premier league and league cup, third season premier league, fa cup winners and L Cup winners and hopefully I am about to beat Barcelona in the Champions league final. I also won the charity shield third season. The main reason for this is the youngsters I buy that are reccommended by my scouts, I have a great scouting team. Also at the start of the first seaon I get D Thompson, W Centeno, J Morris, H Trabelsi, Kallon and F Barthez all real quality players and they are available as freebies at the start of season 1 on patch 8.0.1 and large database, without these players Coventry struggle, also K Thornton, A Gooding, D Simmonds, B Turner and L Davis are all quality youngsters at the club, if you promote them and keep them on the bench, and give them 20 minutes most games they really improve, I also use the training schedule from mikaluda I think thats the name this is downloadable on this forum somewhere, it really does improve players stats and values. This is my current first team.

G Barthez

G Mihaylov from liverpool youth

DWBR N Hunt

DWBR Ponciano

DC Cisse

DC Breno

DC Turner

DC E Ward

DC D Edgar

DWBL Carlinhos

DWBL N Shorey

DM T Motta

DM Ca

AMC M Marin

AMRCFC Kallon

AMRLc J Tabb

AMR Iriome

AML Cook

AML J Gray

SC K Doyle

SC Rosenberg

SC Montgomery, I have over written M Mifsud to include me in the game on the editor

SC D Bent (Useless).

As you can see I have a lot of youngsters if someone can give me help on uploading screenshots, I will attach those so everone can see my tactis and players stas if anyone is interested.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skintsaint:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robmontie1965:

i AM COV CITY IN 2.5 YEARS I HAVE WON CHAMPIONSHIP nd league cup, season 2 won premier league and l cup and chareity shield, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow you got entered into charity shield in the 2nd season without winning the FA cup or the Prem league? Bug? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

won the championship first season, premier second and im guessing he's saying he won charity shield 3rd season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brandon:

1. I'm an impatient little prat with nothing important enough in my life to supercede football manager.

2. I have a big, dedicated team of toys and sporting goods sitting my closet while i play FM.

3. I read numerous websites with thousands of threads containing thoughts, suggestions & improvements, but none apply to my life, unfortunately.

4. I have had nearly 3 months to improve myself, which lets face it, isnt too disimilar to the last 3 years versions apart from a few more random sprouts of hair.

5. because its never right is it? since when did finding something else to do become a serious option? xmas 2008 anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, just had to do it. No offence intended AT ALL, despite how it may look!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kontrast:

I've never complained about this game for the 13 or so years I've been playing CM/FM..

But now I'm fed up. The game has crashed and bugged out so many times now that I don't want to play it anymore.

Someone said that it takes time to fix the transfer updates?

SHUT UP!

Look at FMupdates.co.uk, SI have got a thing or two to learn from them...

My game crashed 5 minutes ago and I'm not even going to bother to try the damn thing again.. With NO help from the bugs forum I'm very doubtful that the new patch will be enough...

Now I'm going to look in the garage for CM from 96 to get some quality gaming... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

B+ for following the standard moan template well.

you're one of several people who seem to only ever post in threads criticising fm, and only ever make rude observations about people who aren't happy with the game. just let it go ffs, people are perfectly entitled to be negative

it's impossible for people to have a proper debate about whether or not february is too late for a final patch, partly because of illiterate ranting by people who want a patch NOW, but equally as much because of people whose only contribution is to pointlessly insult anyone who dares complain about faults in the game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leftback in the changing room:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fieldsy:

Still it would be nice to have a 'work in progress' update from Miles or Paul C. Im not asking for a date or even exactly what will be in the patch. Just an overall update would be nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Despite all my chatter above - I have to admit a progress update would be nice. Impractical for SI and unusual yes... but still nice! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally i agree...i would be whining myself if i didnt have been throught all this for the last 3-4 years :p. But it buggs me when i dont know how the progress is, i dont care about the exact date. Just what is being fixed etc icon_smile.gif.

I also agree with those who say that you are focusing more on football manager live than The FM08/09. Even thou you said it wont be affected.

I dont have any proof on this but i kinda feel it in the air :p

Thanks icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

if patch is testing at the moment, and if something goes wrong with it, are we going to have to wait further 3 months? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's a critical error, then possibly. It's unlikely that such a major error would be introduced at this point in the development cycle though.

Kontrast pointed out that the transfer updates could be ready already. I'd imagine they are - but the update is waiting on far more than simply accurate data.

Fixing existing issues is the point of the patch - the transfer update is simply a nice little addition. If SI are having issues with any of the bugs then they are hardly likely to announce it on their forums are they?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A while ago SI used to release incremental patches which did not go down well as a whole as they tended to introduce bugs that weren't caught in testing (or were caught but weren't considered enough to delay that patch). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not as easy to do that these days with multiple versions that need done (at least eight I think) because of Worldwide Soccer Manager, Futbol Manager and digital downloads. I think there might actually be more than that as well.

All this adds on to the production and testing time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest...

As SI are selling more versions of their products we can assume they employ more staffs accordingly?

It make no sense or as an excuse for an ridiculus 5 months patch/fixing for your product. And the game was designed and completed in 10 months itself.

As football sim. fans, all we can blame is the lack of competition on the market. Otherwise, it is no chance for SI to survive with their product like this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rickooko:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A while ago SI used to release incremental patches which did not go down well as a whole as they tended to introduce bugs that weren't caught in testing (or were caught but weren't considered enough to delay that patch). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not as easy to do that these days with multiple versions that need done (at least eight I think) because of Worldwide Soccer Manager, Futbol Manager and digital downloads. I think there might actually be more than that as well.

All this adds on to the production and testing time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest...

As SI are selling more versions of their products we can assume they employ more staffs accordingly?

It make no sense or as an excuse for an ridiculus 5 months patch/fixing for your product. And the game was designed and completed in 10 months itself.

As football sim. fans, all we can blame is the lack of competition on the market. Otherwise, it is no chance for SI to survive with their product like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The punishing release schedule is most likely to blame, as really thanks to that this is arguably the second consequtive release which hasnt been top notch until Feb.

That says to me that getting the product out on time is far more important than the quality of the product- I can see the financial sense in this but as a consumer it stinks when you get the MD of SI proclaiming that FM08 is the best yet. It makes me chuckle that there is a thread also regarding these forums and their deterioation, once again nobody from SI seems to have connected that the quality of the game may have something to do with this- as Ive seen many sign up purely to moan about this years release, yet SI continue to have keep their heads in the sand.

These little things will slowly chip away at peoples brand loyalty, even in the face of what is pretty much a monopoly.

This year was the first year since SI left Eidos that I bought CM, and although it isnt as good as FM it shows promise and has fresher ideas than Ive seen in FM for a long time.

Six reasons why we should let this thread die:

1. Your being ignorant.

2. Be patient, It'll come, and this thread doesn't help it at all.

3. A patch done under pressure is going to be a crappy patch.

4. Most of the problems are deal-able, I've gotten my Hitchin team, from Blue Square South. to the Premiere League, I don't got any complaints.

5. They are doing the patch, How bout' you learn what ever language this is done under and offer your services? And then report back to us on how easy you seem to think it is to fix problems without cause a lot more problems.

6. It's not like they are going to go to 'All' the fansites and read 'All' the suggestions when they have a forum right here, And most of the suggestions are so small that they are only to please the person that is listing them off, Or they are to big to introduce as a patch as it might involve seriously editing the core of the game.

So there are my opinions as to why most of the threads that want SI to release the patch so fast because they are crying. I personally am enjoying the game, Hell the only complaint I've got was the whiteness of the skin, but that was easily fixed by going out and downloading another. As long as I am able to turn my budget in to transfer Budget, and I can trade players at some point, And I can get more goals them my opponent then I'm pleased, I'm so pleased that I bought another version for my friend and I to play network.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fire Bracelet:

Well that's what will happen at the end of this year. New version with more features that don't work, overrunning the "new features" from years past that were never fixed. Eventually this game will collapse under it's own bloated weight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe a chance for re-writing the game?

I doubt it's time due to FML and SI's traditional mentality that doesn't want to change things. but your point stands...

*Disclaimer - Pure Speculation*

SI advertised for bug testers recently, the closing date on the application was the end of January so it's fair to assume they'd be starting at the beginning of Feb, right after the transfer window and probably when 8.02 was rolled out for internal testing.

The positions were temporary and due to end in late March. Draw your own conclusions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

Simple way round the patch.... use FMFormations database.

Ive been using it for the past 3-4days with all tranfers from Jan. updated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how did that solve the 'one on one' issue ?? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dixie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

Ive been using it for the past 3-4days with all tranfers from Jan. updated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how did that solve the 'one on one' issue ?? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think a lot of people are considering the patch only to be a data update and that's the main thing they want it for. Personally I'd like my CM to be able to score...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dixie:

And how did that solve the 'one on one' issue ?? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol

This is only a wish, but hey, I'm allowed to wish, right? lol

I'd like to see the CA + PAs of Scottish players present and future regens be slightly better than they are presently on FM08. I'm not asking to have a full 26-man squad of world class players.. just a tea, that is realistic to what Scotland MIGHT be like in the year 2012, or 2022...icon_smile.gif I would change the CA and PA of present day players, but that would be regarded as cheating on my behalf, but if SI were to do it, well, that wouldn't really be cheating would it!icon_wink.gif lol

And also... SI, bring back the old International Management - the new 'improved' one stinks.icon_frown.gif

The data update that comes with the patch is not what the patch is actually about and has no connection to any of the bugs or errors that teh patch ends up fixing in the game. Do people actually understand how the DB system works? SI orders their researchers to work on the DB during a certain time period before the patch is released. Whatever the researchers get done until that deadline is what is enetered into the game. The DB is constantly being renewed and changed by researchers according to whatever changes they see fit dealing with the clubs and countries, but if these changes are eneterd after the deadline they appear in the next patch or next version of the game (in this case FM 09). The patch is about fixing bugs, so people shouldn't worry about the DB so much.

With a dynamic database SI could update the database their end and we get a message telling us there is an update. The update only updates the new information so you dont have to redownload the entire database every time. That way SI dont keep getting bugged about no updates and can spend more time on patches and new products.

Personally, I just just gone with the

1. I paid £30 for this game 4 months ago and am still waiting for it to patched to playable standard,

but thats just me.

The games biggest problem I personally feel is just the difficulty level, as discussed in depth elsewhere. Whilst the AI is tactically much more astute then in previous version, the majority or people that play just cant get thier head around the tactics system. Thats basically why theres such a contrast in people who are of the opinion that theres a few issues but its workabout, and then those who are like, this games just plain unplayable.

I feel its an issue that wont truely be addressed until FM09. Assuming they completely overhaul that tactics system.

If they dont.... they might find that they begin appealing to thier only target market, hardcore simulation fan, and losing thier casual gamers to other franchises.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

The patch shouldn't be out until it's finished, but that's a side issue. The fact is that the game should not have come out in it's current state. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And surely nobody could disagree with that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carltonn:

It would be great to get a date, if not to stop all the guessing.

They must have a date set, they just don't want to let us know! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's obviously true. I'm not quite sure what they think will happen if they leak a release date and then have to delay it a week or two. From their actions I'd think that they believe that 30 million people will take to the streets in a fury and burn down all of England.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ljuba82:

What???

I've heard that in 8.0.2. are going to be just minor changes...wtf... icon_mad.gif

...if ME is not seriously fixed you should be burned SI...it would be definetely the end of my playing of CM/FM (and who knows why it's good). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With comments like that, I'm surprised they even bother. No, repeat, no other software company interacts with its consumer base in friendly manner with which SI tries to conduct itself.

We all appreciate the problems in 8.0.1, and we all hope 8.0.2 fixes them. However, they don't make the game unplayable (with the exception of the Spanish registration bug), just frustrating.

You have no idea outside of random hearsay whether 8.0.2 will have major or minor changes, yet you feel it necessary to wish them to burn to death!! Slightly hysterical, is it not??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

There was some old bloke with a dirty great beard standing on the corner proclaining that "the end of the World is nigh!".

If we are all gong to die soon, I'm not sure the patch will have much impact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you like my sign? I painted it myself and everything!

Is this thread seriously still going?

I'm hoping that the new forum structure that is going to be implemented includes a "Negative Whingers" forum.

I don't know about the personalities at SI, but I can guarantee that if I was heading up the team and read the amount of derogatory comments that some forum members make, I'd take the stance of '<BLEEP> you all, then. I'm not giving up all my time and working 15 hours plus every day for you load of ungrateful <BLEEP>s!'

Maybe your attitude toward the process is itself causing the delays. Plus, they know that if the patch isn't perfect, you'll be straight back on their case.

If you all as unhappy as you seem to be, stop playing the game, send it back and get a refund (which is within your rights if you truly believe it is not fit for purpose) and go and play something else. Why spend such a large chunk of your life ranting about a product which you claim is so poor?

I love it. I'm playing it. Couldn't give a toss when the patch comes, or even if there is one. The forum changes can't come soon enough and I hope they go some way to making this place less negative.

Archived