Miles Jacobson

Oliver & Paul Collyer - M.B.E.s

375 posts in this topic

i just wanted to be another to say congratualtions to you guys, definately deserve it. I dont want to even think how many... months of my life i have spent on this game (spent, not wasted :D).

So congratulations again!

Considering the number of hours of enjoyment you have created for millions around the world, it's really not surprising you have been rewarded.

Cheers, and congratulations!

Considering the number of hours of enjoyment you have created for millions around the world, it's really not surprising you have been rewarded.

Cheers, and congratulations!

I believe the citation was originally "for services to sado masochim":D

Congratulations guys, no doubt that you deserve this, heres to another 20 years :)

A belated congratulations guys. Glad to see some wider recognition of your work.

Just a quick well done collyers. Well deserved for all the work they have put in over the years in makin this one of THE best games. Iv had every game in the series since release and remember havin to send a cheque to some company in bournmouth to get the first Champ many years ago.

Truly well deserved boys.

I've loved every second of playin your games since the very beginning! Keep em comin and i'll keep testin them for ya!!!!

:D

Only just read this :o

Well done both :thup:

- the big thing is.... - your lives, make our lives, better! :D

Grats indeed... - Enjoy :) Charles.

I started on the first Championship Manager sometime back in 92 on my Amiga, I've had every version since and had hours of fun thanks to the brilliant series. My brother is a bigger addict than I and even my dad plays the game.

This says something for the quality of the series and this award is hugely deserved. Well done chaps and thanks for the games! (Love the idea of the Queen being a secret FM fan!)

My GOD Oliver Collyer and i live in the same city :D.Congratulations to you Collyer brothers and thank you for turning me into an addict :p

Congratulations! :):thup:

Well deserved :)

What's an M.B.E. though?

It's a very special award from the Queen of England :)

Shropshire! Its great that you have recieved MBE's. As others have said, Makes me proud to be from Shropshire.

Congratulations guys. I'm another who has been addicted since CM1 (Domark).

I'm not sure the people for whom this game was cited in divorces will be quite so praiseworthy.

Congratulations to both of you.. ive played CM/FM for something ridiculous like 18/19 years now and have owned every copy along the way!

I say you deserve a knighthood... the wife wants to line you up and shoot you :eek:

Congratulations, good to see that Peter Molyneux is not the only one getting recognition in this country for the gaming sector!

I started out with CM on the Commodore Amiga back 1993, it would have been impossible to imagine back then that:

In 2010 the series is still going strong,

It changed name to FM

Can be played it on a handheld (PSP) and console (360)

the founders received an MBE,

That SEGA became involved! I mean come on, Sonic the Hedgehog and CM were a million miles apart back in the early 90s!

Good job all at SI and beyond! :)

Wow! Congrats on your M.B.E's guys. :)

CM and FM has certainly meant a lot to me throughout my life, from CM 93/94 up to the latest installment of FM.

Thanks for giving me thousands of hours of fun, frustration, happiness, ****ed-of-ness, and cheer joy. :)

that is great, really great. Easily the best series of any games and any genre ever made, both as a fun point of view and a selling point of view i am sure. Again, big thanks for all your effort now reap your rewards.. err apart from the vast sum of cash you will have already made of course :p

Congratulations to you both ... simply for the enjoyment over so many years that you've brought into my life, which I am sure is reflected across a wide range of people

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah. :)

Congratulations, well deserved!

At least now I can ask others if the creators of THEIR favourite pass time are also honored by the Queen.

But does this mean that we now have to call them by their first name only, like you do with Sirs? I'd feel strange not saying Mr. Collyer. :o

Congratulations guys !! Very well deserved.

Just noticed thread ! My bad !

Only just read the news - congrats both - fully deserved.

m.b.e's become a bit worthless when they give them out for any reason...

This wasn't given out for just any reason, they fully deserve it! I've been converted since fm2007 and rightly so, as Football Manager is the greatest manager game ever created, i was converted to FM as soon as i first played it.

Keep up to excellent works guys, and congratulations!

I'm not saying they haven't done a good job; I'm merely pointing out that making a videogame, and establishing a franchise out of said game, for a profit is hardly a chivalrous act.

Getting a m.b.e for designing a videogame seems like they're giving it out for any reason.. just my 2 cents.

I'm not saying they haven't done a good job; I'm merely pointing out that making a videogame, and establishing a franchise out of said game, for a profit is hardly a chivalrous act.

Getting a m.b.e for designing a videogame seems like they're giving it out for any reason.. just my 2 cents.

So surely the same goes for actors, footballers, singers etc etc.

By your reckoning who would qualify? Police and the armed forces, thats it. Get real, the actors, entertainers and games producers bring happiness into peoples lives, yes for profit, but are any of us completely altruistic? I think not.