Oliver & Paul Collyer - M.B.E.s

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
disgraceful yet our men are fighting n dieing for us overseas ..

yet the queen gives out M.B.E,s to someone for just making a game ..

DAM RIGHT DISGRACEFUL

As a member of the Armed Forces, im happy for them. FM keeps many service people sane & going whilst on deployments / tours.

Thoroughly deserved, I am also think this is a fantastic slap in the face for those at Eidos who didn't allow you to proceed and create fantastic games (exception CM01/02). This is a brilliant reward and recognition of the fantastic sucess that you at S.I have had and every brilliant games in the now legendary Football Manager Series!

Its a shame about all the bugs this year or it may have been OBE's! Yes I am still sore about 3d not working properly, even after patching & upgrading my PC fully....BUT seriously, such awards should be given for many different reasons, and I feel the pleasure that the SI games have given to so many for so long is a just reason so congrats.

Well done guys, here's to many more versions of FM and FML in the future, I for one have grown up playing the game and it holds a special place in my heart, FML was the icing on the cake for me and I hope that can become as succesful as FM.

Im sure with the team you have at SI this is a certainty.

GG WP.

Congratulations and thoroughly deserved. I've followed and played this game since the first Championship Manager when my friend Paul Chaloner did the research for you.

One of the few games I will happily purchase each year. :thup:

The Queen did say it would have been a knighthood if it wasnt for the superkeepers saving all her sides shots.
A little bird told me that they would've got knighthoods, but the Queen wasn't impressed with having to wait till mid-December for patch 2. :p

Seriously, congratulations to the pair of you!

D'oh! You beat me to it.

Congratulations again guys!

M.B.E.s for ruining my life???

I'd like to know how they sleep at night - have they any idea how much time I've spent on this bloody game, sometimes just staring at the screen for hours teetering on the edge of insanity? :D

Joking aside - congratulations gentlemen :thup:

M.B.E.s for ruining my life???

I'd like to know how they sleep at night - have they any idea how much time I've spent on this bloody game, sometimes just staring at the screen for hours teetering on the edge of insanity? :D

Joking aside - congratulations gentlemen :thup:

Stop lying, you've never been that close. You're far too far over the edge!

I have huge admiration for anyone who can take a classroom daydream and turn it into the phenomenol success story that your games have enjoyed. Other developers have tried to rival you and never got within touching distance!

Congrats to the both of you.

As you can imagine, Ov & Paul are somewhat overwhelmed with the response, so I'd like to thank you all for your lovely comments on their behalf - I would have done it sooner, but my net connection is down from home (you cannot believe what I went through last night to get the announcement up here!) so I've come into the studio to respond :)

Paul Jackson worked at EA for years, but was also the chair of ELSPA, BAFTA and has been involved in lots of other games industry iniatives.

A few others from the industry have got awards over the years - Peter Molyneaux (Bullfrog/Lionhead), the Darling Brothers (Codemasters) and some from publishers.

Paul also had his fair share of time off - trying to be a rock star in the early CM days (he was in a band called Elevate) - so no, they get the same size medal...

Thats some old school developers i loved bullfrog all of my old amiga games where by them

I'd just like to say thank you for all the kind comments, and wish everyone a very happy new year'

It means a lot.....

Cheers,

Paul :-)

congrats all those long hours of coding that match engine has finally paid off wonder if people will still moan at a member of the empire now, that the defenders split up too much ! :p

Congratulations and keep the good coding going !

Congratulations to you both.

As many have already said, much deserved.

Without the games you´ve put out, imagine how much fun, frustration and happiness we all would´ve missed out on since the early days during the 90s and all the way up till today. Thanks a million :)

Now I must play some more FM

Archived