Miles Jacobson

Oliver & Paul Collyer - M.B.E.s

375 posts in this topic

Great news, this and Ian McGeechan's knighthood are two lovely things to hear today.

In other news President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has given Bred an Iranian knighthood for services to spying in Britain!

Congratulations lads.

The Nobel Peace Prize is next on the list......seriously think about how many warmongers amongst us have been tamed by being enraptured by a couple of seasons of CM/FM/FML

My sincere congratulations to you both - well deserved.

There's hope for us all if those two can become M.B.E.'s. But in all seriousness, congrats and keep the games coming! :thup:

Ov will need a new scarf to meet the queen.

Well done gents, very well deserved.

That was a nice surprise, congratulations :thup:

Congratulations to both, glad that there are some successful Collyer's out there!!

Chris Collyer

Definitely right. FM is one of my favourite things ever. I'm very much a laptop-holic, but not an internet-holic because I can last an extended period without it, mostly because of FM. May the legacy continue.

Great to see all the hard work has been recognized.

Well done & congratulations! & Thank you :)

Congratulations guys, well deserved and well done

Congratulations guys you deserve it for creating the best and certainly most addictive video game i have ever played. Well done guys

Congratulations, Oliver Charles Collyer, MBE and Paul Edward Collyer, MBE. How does it feel?

Congratulations, very well deserved, I alone must have spent months of my life playing this game - my FM10 save is over 9 days of game time already, and I've been playing since CM2 - so I can only imagine how long the total number of game-hours is across the entire user base!

Well done chaps.

Not bad for what the magazines called a spreadsheet disguised as a game in the old reviews !

Thoroughly deserved though, Football Manager has come from what the games media used to view as an embarrassment played by football nerds to an iconic game and it has been some journey and achievement!

Does Paul get a bigger medal seeing as Ov went on holiday for a big part of it? :)

well its always a congrats , services to uk gaming <<< wow !!!!! i dont know why that should be recognised , in that case all brits who comes back from afghanistan should have a m.b.e when there issued again !!!!!! , gaming breathes lazyness which has a part in unemployment , there are plenty of 15 - 25 yr olds that are sidetracked by gaming , there are also alot who are obviously not

this is more about the state of the country , and gaming plays a part , in a small way

Fantastic achievement for 2 guys just looking to make a realistic football sim.

Congratulations to the both of you, fully deserved :thup:

Congrats Gents, youve delivered a fantastic product that has given many a football fan joy around the world

Thoroughly Deserved :thup:

well its always a congrats , services to uk gaming <<< wow !!!!! i dont know why that should be recognised , in that case all brits who comes back from afghanistan should have a m.b.e when there issued again !!!!!! , gaming breathes lazyness which has a part in unemployment , there are plenty of 15 - 25 yr olds that are sidetracked by gaming , there are also alot who are obviously not

this is more about the state of the country , and gaming plays a part , in a small way

You try and make a product like fm in all its complexities, and then im pretty sure you`ll be wanting an m.b.e :D

Excellent news, well deserved. Cheers for many years of grand entertainment!

Well done to the gents, great news for their hard work and complete dedication.

When is the patch out for the MBE version MBE.1

Rgds

I actually got a dry throat after reading this!

I mean, for people that are as obsessed with football as me Football Manager (and Championship Manager in the old days) has served as a wonderful place to express that obsession.

Hip hip hurray!