"Come on you Whites!"- Bolton Wanderers thread

ypresfr

update End of January Transfer window 1st Season

qualified from my group in 3rd place and have been drawn Sochaux in 1st knockout round which isn't too bad!

currently 13th icon_frown.gif

Gardner and Jaaskelainen won't sign contracts which isn't good as they have both been good so far. Diouf wants to leave but i want at least 8million for him but Newcastle wont pay it.

league form still hasn't really improved. just hovering around mid table, no consistency. but overall not too unhappy.

Ins:

Waldo Ponce - Out Of Contract (signed in summer)

Birker Bjarnason -out of contract (signed in summer)

Ryan Bertrand - 325k (signed in summer)

Adrian Ropotan - in at end of season out of contract

Steven Thicot - 500k

Jose San Roman - 14k

Vincent Enyeama - 350k

Marvin Angulo - 475k

Players Out:

Jaroslaw Fojut - 90k

Lubomir Michalik - 2million

Scott Jamieson - 14k

not too bad but wanted to sell a few more to be honest

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thicot, Enyeama and Angulo are really good signings. Thicot has become really good on my game but I missed out on him in the end and Angulo is good for the future. If Jaaskelainen leaves then Enyeama is more than able to step in. Jussi usually comes round in the end and if you keep trying he will sign on eventually. I wouldn't bother paying too much for Gardner tbh: see if you can get Pander cos his contract expires first season. Expiring contracts are really useful, I always see if there's any bargains to pick up.

Btw £2 million for Michalik is a good price.

What's your team atm?

yeah i saw pander there are a few others too but have to wait as they arent interested right now.

my team is

GK- Jaaskelainen/Enyeama

DR- Hunt/Abenzoar

DL- Gardner/Matt Hill

DC- Ignashevich/Sabic

DC- Meite/Cid

DMC- McCann/Zola

MR- Diouf/Wijnaldum

ML- Bjarnason/Pryor

AMC- Nolan/Adrien/Mihelic

FC- Vaz Te/Acapandie

FC- Anelka/Braaten

Thats my first team with the most used back up players for those positions.

Vaz Te has been on fire recently 7 in 7 for the season so not bad!!

what do you think?

Interesting to see Vaz Te there but he seems to be doing well for you. Also Bjarnason, he's at Wigan on mine, how's he doing? You seem to be pretty well covered in most positions. At DC I don't rate Cid but you've got Cahais to come through so you should be okay. That team should give a high mid-table finish no probs, then you can build from there.

well bjarnason has been pretty good because i only just got him pryor has been first choice and has been brilliant. bj has scored 3 in 3 though and goal of the month witha free kick set up 1 and 2 man of the match awards so not bad jus hope he keeps it up!

vaz te been really good, who would you play up top with anelka? i was playin diouf but then vaz te hit the back of the net everytime i brought him on so kept him playing

If players are performing well for you then don't drop them: keep playing them until they lose their form. Acapandie is at Lyon on mine and he looks excellent for the future, might take him a while to develop tho.

Here's my team atm:

GK: Akinfeev/Jaaskelainen (have too many GKs with Boruc, Costil and Bouzanis so looking to sell Boruc)

DR: Behrami/Hunt

DL: Pander/Kolarov

DC: Samba/Meite

DC: Zapata/Lugano

DM: Mikel/Hamsik

MR: Diouf/Walcott/S Mota (retrained)

ML: Kalou/Ben Arfa/S Mota

AMC: Lulinha/Vela

AMC: van der Vaart/Nolan

FC: Aguero/Balotelli

Strange that Diouf doesn't really work out fpr most people: he's fb for me and the only player left in my starting lineup from the original squad.

Only playe 5 games today cos I've been doing other things but we've performed brilliantly:

Aston Villa 1-3 Bolton (Zapata, VDV, Aguero)

Bolton 2-0 Tottenham (Aguero, Lulinha)

Sunderland 2-5 Bolton (Zapata (2), Lulinha, Aguero, Nolan (p))

Bolton 2-0 Portsmouth (VDV, Kolarov)

Shakhtar 0-6 Bolton (Vela (2), Zapata, Mikel, Aguero, Balotelli)

The Shakhtar game was Vela first start for me and he scored 2 and got MOM. icon_biggrin.gif

nice good results and lulinha i love him goal machine!

just played sochaux won first leg 1-0 due to bjarnason freekick then 2nd leg losing 3-1 then bring on bjarnason and he scores a freekick to send me through on away goals icon_biggrin.gif been drawn against fiorentina now though :|

out of the fa cup 5th round against liverpool lost 4-2

and currently 11th. with a game in hand which if i win will go up to 8th.

just finished february, Vaz Te got young player of the month again and i won manager of the month with brilliant results

Bolton 2-1 Portsmouth (Gardner, Vaz Te)

Birmingham 2-3 Bolton (Anelka 2, Vaz Te)

Bolton 4-1 Manchester United (Anelka, Vaz Te 2, Pryor)

Brilliant result against united!! and including my Uefa cup win it was a great month, got to the expected 5th round of Fa cup so not bothered about going out there. but great month...

just drew 1-1 with Blackburn so sitting in a respectable 9th after 28 games.

icon_mad.gif We just self-destructed against Watford after looking comfortable at 2-0 up. Guzman and Vela scored (I was playing some of my backup players) and then Watford rattled off 3 in 10 minutes and hung on (despite me changing to all out attack in he last 10 minutes) they hung on. Shame because I could have overtaken Arsenal at the top with a win. Hopefully it's just a one off...

ahh not good!

i had a storming end to the season.

finished 5th just.

but 12 points off 4th the big four finished above me in this order chelsea, man u, arsenal, liverpool

Vaz Te was Second in young player of the year awards behind lennon.

Top Scorer - Nicolas Anelka - 22

Most Assists - Anduele Pryor - 13

Highest Average Rating - Anduele Pryor - 7.29(36apps)

Fans Player Of Year - Keven Nolan

just starting in the transfer window 23million to spend EXCITING TIMES!!! im loving this challenge now cheers ypresfr i feel stupid calling u that but its your display name lol.

end of July spent all my money apart form 1.9million

going to sleep now will play rest tomorrow night and update then but for now...

Ins:

Bruno Formigoni - 100k (signed Last summer)

Helder Barbosa - 40k (signed Last summer)

Maximiliano Oliva - 12k (signed Last summer)

Sebastian Kehl - Free

Rafael Forster - 55k

Tim Wiese - Free

Federico Fazio - 1.8m

Mauro Zarate - 3.2m

Alexandr Prudnikov - 1.6m

Adrian Ropotan - Free

Cristian Nazarith - Free

Miranda - 4.2m

Lulinha - 3.3m

Anton Sosnin - 975k

Alou Diarra - 8.5m

Aleksandar Kolarov - 8.5m

Outs:

Joey O'Brien - 2.1m

Daniel Braaten 2.7m

Jlloyd Samuel - 1.6m

Gary Speed - Free

Ian Walker - Free

A Load of Youth Team - Free

Loans

Distel Zola - En Avant Guingamp

Helder Barbosa - Preston

Thiago - Valladolid

Esmir Sabic - Lokeren

Rene Mihelic - Recrativo

Preston Edwards - Falkirk

Adrien - Standard

Diego Buonanotte - Livorno

Just Great.......Nazarith, Sosnin, Oliva, Prudnikov, Formigoni Miranda and Kolarov not got work permit so on loan at elche along with Angulo, Ponce, San Roman, Campos and Cahais.

so thats about half my signings not allowed to play but then again they should be good! so not too worried! suppose only two years! just annoys me that i could have players next season instead of all these foreign idiots!!

Hi guys,

ypresfr - can you send me the tactic you use

sbollon@hotmail.com

Just starting my second season. Got a bad draw to start - Arsenal, liverpol and chelsea in first 4 games.

I have won 5 drawn 2 lost 1 and I am fifth.

Team is

GK - Jussi & Enyeama

LB - Gardner & Gilberto

RB - Hunt & Ratinho

CB - Ignashevic, Michalik, Breno, Meite

DMC - Makalele, Campo, Mccann & Obrien

MC - Nolan, Lulinha, Ponzio, Boateng, Andranik

AMR - Arizmendi & Diouf

AML - Vaz Te & Aaritalo

ST - Anelka, Davies & Stancu

Anelka is seriously bothering me. When he is on form and scores we win. When he is sulking and has a bad game we tend to be crap - his determination and teamwrok rating is v low. He often gets a 6 and I have to sub him, and as I play 1 up front I tend to struggle to get results when he is poor. I may sell him in jan window and try to get £20m. He is valued at £13m.

Makalele plays one game, is tired and then misses the next 2 so he was actually a poor signing!

5th is my target position.

One other problem - I have signed Gilberto but he has 'wp' next to his name. I cant find historic info re his work permit and I dont know what to do about it! Any ideas!?!?!?

It is probably too early to offer a new contract.

I dont seem to have a tie in with Elche either!? How would I find this. If I loan a player I dont have option to loan to partner club(or whatever they are called!)

well just finish 1st season... came 9th.. not so good, but won EURO Cup..

anyway wanna good soild DM, and a GK, any advice?

i wanna get Akinfeev, but how much you think i can get him for?

anyway here is my super Nolan

nolanpj9.jpg

I am a late starter on getting FM08, was wondering if it would be worth it but my brother has lent it to me and told me to play so just about to start my Bolton game.

I usually have a good eye for a player but struggle with my formation so will see what i can come up with

I will be taking note of a few of the name on here though icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by sbollon:

Hap - you mean you dont want to play Jussi!!?!?!?

He is brilliant. If he isn't signing a new contract then get Enyeama. Hes terrific and cheap.

thx for reply Sbollon.

i got new contract with him, but he is 35, just wanna get a younger keeper for later on. and i got Foster for 12m.. hope he can do well. and i guess this season will be Jussi last season to be my no.1 then i will pass it to Foster the year after.

Just started a game with Bolton got update so no anelka lookin for replacment.

So far

Transfers in:

Bogdan Stancu

Sherman Cardenas Work Permit

Steve Sidwell-Loan

Trying to sell Helgusen but nobody interested.

Keep you posted how i am doing.

Has anyone got a good striker i coud sign who is in there prime now.

Talk about London buses! This thread was deserted and now loads have come along. Thanks guys! icon_smile.gif

Dexta, well done mate! 5th is brilliant and some excellent signings you've made there! Kolarov should solve your DL problem perfectly (when he gets a WP), have you bought a short term one? Lulinha is just fantastic, did he not have his £2.9 million release clause? Diarra is excellent as DM also. Some good frees as well, I had Wiese before my computer corrupted the game and he was excellent backup and capable of replacing Jussi when he gets too old. Yeah, the WP thing annoys me too cos some of the best players have to be farmed out so you can't play them. Just a thought, have they got long contracts? Cos if they run out and you try to offer them again won't it get rejected? Anyway, well done! icon_smile.gif

Btw my real names Matt if you'd prefer to call me that! icon_wink.gif

Louman, there isn't a particular tactic that I use to keep in the lead, and sometimes I lose the lead (see my post about the Watford game). I usually just tweak my team instructions to more defensive, more time wasting etc. DirtyJoe's tactic is pretty tight on goals, perhaps change to it when you're a goal up. I'll send you it by e-mail. Good luck!

Sbollon hi! I assume you mean DirtyJoe's tactic on the first page of the thread. Yeah, ofc I'll send it to you. But fyi I'm using the "winning tacic" now, which is in the tactic and training forum if you look around a bit. Good start, especially with those 3 games! So Arizmendi is that Valencia winger: he's fb! Good team as well, DM is the only position I can see that needs strengthening, like you say cos Makelele is too old and Campo's no spring chicken either.

If Anelka's not working for you then yeah try and sell him for that much. Strangely he wasn't that bad for me so I can't really help on how to improve his morale. Just praise him when he deserves it etc.

With Gilberto, a WP thing obv means he needs a work permit so you'll either have to loan him or offer him a new contract with 'key player' status if you can and if you're lucky his wp will get accepted.

Strange about Elche cos Bolton have a tie with them at the start of he game and irl. To see who you're linked with I think it's the bottom icon on the side bar that has reserves etc on. Give me a shout if that doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think of is that you've accidently stopped the link, but that doesn't seem likely tbh. icon_confused.gif Failing that ask for another feeder club and if you get the choice choose one from Belgium or Poland cos they only have three years to get a WP. Annoying tho. Tell me how you get on. icon14.gif

Hap, 9th is a very respectable finish and it's a damn site better than Bolton are doing irl. Congrats on winning the EURO Cup as well, something I've never done. Well done on getting Nolan that good, not his biggest fan irl: wish he was as good as yours!

Foster is fine as your GK btw: could be an option irl if Jussi leaves in the summer.

Have you signed a DM? Banega, Hamsik and Ropotan are all good. Take a look who's transfer listed, unhappy etc.

juniorperm good luck mate. Give us a shout if you need any help on formations or whatever. icon14.gif

littleboyc good luck to you as well. Hmm no Anelka. How much money have you got? Sometimes Defoe is transfer listed in January so if you can hold out with Stancu til then he would be great. Zarate is also fairly cheap (ignore his value btw, you can get him for about £3.5 million) and if you have the money Briand is a goal machine!

Ah yeah Birmingham signed him and Defoe went to Portsmouth, completely forgot you had the update. Arshavin is great but more of an attacking midfielder rather than a striker imo. His compusure a bit low and he definitely can't play on his own cos he has pretty low strength, jumping etc. Suppose he could be okay when paired wih someone strong. More left-field choices are Gignac at Toulouse, Sinama-Pongolle (ex-Liverpool) at some Spanish club, Matusiak from Heerenveen, Janczyk from CSKA, Uche from Recreativo, Goitom from some Spanish club (maybe Murcia) and Tefik Kose (turkish) looks okay too. See what you think.

As for the keeper, Almunia from Arsenal is the only one I can think of loaning atm but sign Enyeama permanently if you can: he's very solid and only about £750k. Otherwise see who's loan listed or transfer listed and put in a loan bid for them.

Transfer window just gone:

Players In:

Bogdan Stancu-400k

Steve Sidwell-Loan

Jose San Roman-50k

Sherman Cardenas-725k

Andrey Arshavin-5.5 million

Manuel Almunia-Loan

Players Out:

James Sinclair-Released

El-Hadji Diouf-Aston Villa-7.5 Million

Mark Charlesworth-Released

Zoltan Harsanyi-Leyton Orient-Loan

Tamir Cohen-Elche-Loan

Topi Opadeyi-Elche-Loan

Johann Smith-Elche-Loan

Sherman Cardenas-RC Lens-Loan

Chris Basham-Morecombe-12k

Currently 1st

Played 4

Won 3

Draw 1

Lost 0

Results

Boro 0 Bolton 3 Away Joey O`brien 2 Nolan 1

Newcastle 1 Bolton 1 Home Andrey Arshavin 1

Derby 1 Bolton 2 Away Braaten 1 Andranik 1

Blackburn 0 Bolton 1 Home Stelios

Also got manager of the onth and Joey O`Brien got young player of the month.

Post you how i do next Month.

Thanks.

Cheers Matt! im Tom.

nice to see a load of others contributing now!

interesting stuff.

just about to start my 2nd season now! got proper into it.

just offered them all new contractsbut they still didnt get them. its only two years at Elche so not too bad.

Trying to sell

Gavin McCann

Gerald Cid

Andy O'Brien

Blerim Dzemaili

Stelios Giannakopoulos

Mohammed Kallon

Kevin Davies

Heider Helguson

but no one wants any of them, ANNOYING!!

never mind ill keep you posted mate.

sorry for all the posts.

i have Ricardo Gardner and Matt Hill at left back until Kolarov gets a work permit

i have 2million to spend

could do with a winger.

but only really kids available for that little money.

just put a 1.9m bid for alex from vasco in. got potential of 178 on my game so could be amazing

never reached that any time i have had him before so taking a gamble but there isn't really anyone else torje they want 3.3m but alex has been CA and PA of the lot so might aswell!!

last day transfer madness!

Alex didnt get a work permit!

so ended up buying simone esposito for 1.5m

and sold Frederic Duplus for 800k plus 40% sell on fee.

he was unhappy and ignashevich didnt like him!

so results so far!!

Bolton 0-0 Everton

Bolton 1-0 Man United (Diouf)

Fulham 1-1 Bolton (Bjarnason)

Bolton 2-0 Newcastle (Diouf, Hunt)

Middlesbrough 0-3 Bolton (Diarra 2, Vaz Te)

Good start. and Vaz Te only played against boro and scored again! top man!! worth 5mill now! Anelka got injured first game which was a bit annoying but ive coped!

It was all going so well.......

Genuinely true - I played Portsmouth, we battered them....and lost 1-0 in the 85th Minute. James got Man of the Match!!!!

I then lost 4-2 to Man utd

Down to ninth and in need of a run of results!

I made a big blunder with Arizmendi. He only signed for three months and has now gone icon13.gif

I will get him back in Jan window hopefully.

I am going to sell Anelka and Diouf. Anelka is a sulk and Diouf is consistently rubbish - ave 6.5 and ave of 6.85 last season - only scored 5 and got 7 assists!

I think I really need to look at my tactics!

Yeah i would look into them!

Last Season in League:

Anelka: Games 36, Goals 17, Assits 8, Av Rating 7.00

Diouf: Games 34, Goals 7, Assists 10, Av Rating 7.12

Which i am pretty happy about. i thought anelka scored more but thats still just under 1 in 2

We scored the second most amount of goals in the premiership behind united so pleased with that

this season Diouf scored 4 in 10 set up 2 and got av rating of 7.50

Anelka not so good but scored 4 in 7 av rating 6.86 but still ill take that!

but to be honest, if the right offer came along i would sell as there are better players on the game but Dioufs value has gone up to 8.5 and keeps raising so could get a decent price for him

Right Update!!

End of January...not really done much business just sold Zoltan Harsanyi -750k and Loaned out Aquino and Obadeyi.

Sitting 2nd in Premiership 1 point behind Chelsea.

Pick of the Results:

Man Utd 1-2 Bolton

Bolton 3-0 Chelsea

Bolton 4-1 Arsenal

Bolton 1-0 Man Utd

Top Scorers:

Anelka 14

Vaz Te 12

Zarate 7

Into Uefa Cup Knockout Stages playing against Dnipro.

thats just a little update i will update at end of season!

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the posts and the kind words. Dexta (or Tom), you're doing brilliantly ofc. You seem to do really well against United and Vaz Te seems brilliant for you!

Hap, Andranik wasn't brilliant for me so it's a shame you couldn't sell him for that much, I only got £2.5 million or something like that.

Sbollon, if the tactic isn't woking for you then change it! Make up your own or look around the tactics forum and see which ones you like the look of.

yeah unfortunately i have gone out of both domestic cups before the board wanted so not good but both times lost to chelsea i hate the way the board doesn't look into the fact you lost to a bigger club they just think your rubbish for it!

just after my post i lost two in a row!

to newcastle and boro but then had a good 2-0 win against pompey. so gone down to 3rd but still only 3 points off top! so you cant count me out just yet!!

hows your game going mate?

Thanks for asking mate, but I've not done anything tbh. Only played 11 games in 4th season and I'm currently sitting 2nd, three points behind Arsenal (won 7, drawn 3, lost 1). Only things to mention really are that Aguero is my top scorer by miles (14) but surprisingly Zapata is my second top scorer (7), mostly from corners.

In the champions league after that brilliant start it's not gone so well

Bolton 1-1 Olympiakos

Barcelona 4-1 Bolton

We still should get through with Barca tho.

how did u manage to get so many goals from corners?? i used to have a special corner instructioins to use but that was for fm 07 and lost them. have you set specific instructions for each player?

so annoyed with my players!! just gone out of the uefa cup to DNIPRO how bad is that!! suppose now i can just focus on the league but so annoyed!! and now my morale of my players is low so probably going to lose next league game! :@:@

Don't worry about the UEFA. At least you can concentrate on the league now and you'll win it (or the Champions League) next season anyway! icon_wink.gif

As for corners the team instruction is to put it into the six yard box from both sides.

Player instructions for attacking corners:

DR: Stay back

DC (right): Attack far post

DC (left): Main scorer- Challenge GK

DL: Stay back

DMC: Attack ball from deep

MR: Outside area

ML: Short option

AMC (right): Stay back

AMC (left): Attack near post (he usually takes my corners tho)

FC: Attack ball from deep

Not your formation I know but you get the idea.

Archived