[FM10] Goals, Goulash and... Dentistry?!

ToMexico!!

Right I have got back into FM10 with Gundo's Challenge. I had to reinstall FM10 and have done so without Steam. I have not bothered to reinstall the patches onto the game.

As you may well know Gundo's Challenge in the European Small Club to Big Club version with the lesser European Nations. I have chosen to start in Hungary, a country I visited in March. I holidayed a year for the game to reset and the promotions/relegation's to happen.

Mosonmagyarovari TE were probably the pick of the promoted clubs. They are a club based in northwestern Hungary, the mountainous county Győr-Moson-Sopron. Better known for their dentistry rather than their football, the aim is to take Mosonmagyarovari to Domestic and European glory. I have been given 9k for transfers and 14.75k a week to spend on wages.

Manager Profile

2010/11 - Mosonmagyaroveri TE - Hungarian Division II

Media Prediction: 21st

Finished: 11th

Transfers - 12 Players In (6.25k + 3 Loans), 10 Players Out (5k)

League - On previous versions of FM the second tier of Hungary was split into 2 leagues, this time round it was all one league, that made a incredible 46 league games for us stave off relegation. We started well, but then struggled to win, we slipped down the league to 20th just before the half way mark of the season, we steadily began to rise up the league after my players gelled and our adopted formation began to work. There were some poor teams in this league and all we had to do was beat those below us to survive. We got stronger as the season wore on and we rose to 8th in the league on a couple of occasions to finally settled in 11th place.

Squad | Sitku

Finances - on average we lost 35k a month, we had second highest average attendance and was 8k under the weekly wage budget.

Season |Division |Finished |Cup       |Europe    |Finances |AveAtt | Other
10/11  |2nd      |11th     |1st Rnd   |N/A       |-311k    |1798   | 

2011/12 - Mosonmagyaroveri TE - Hungarian Division II

Media Prediction: 14th

Finished: 4th

> firstly we reverted back to semi-professional status which should help our financial state

> wage budget was reduced to around 8k per week, from 15k per week

Transfers - 6 Players In (0k) and 5 Players Out (0k)

League - Much better season overall. The team was gelled from the start and we won games throughout the season, dipping in form twice over the course of the season. We scored more goals than last season which was a contributing factor, we had 4/5 players that all chipped in. We conceded much less as well, our new goalkeeper keeping around 20 clean sheets.

Squad | Abraham

Finances - we had a couple of months profit but soon started losing money again. I'm not concerned about the finances until probably we hit the million mark.

11/12  |2nd      |4th      |2nd Rnd   |N/A       |-394k    |1999   |

2012/13 - Mosonmagyaroveri TE - Hungarian Division II

Media Prediction: 4th

Finished: 1st - Champions

> we were taken over by Italian businessman Paolo Nicoletti.

> numerous clubs including ZTE, Haladas and Tokol all offered me their job.

Transfers - 8 Players In including 2 loans (0k) and 11 Players Out (0k)

League - Solid season where we only lost 6 of our 46 games. Our worst spell came at the start of the season where we won only 1 in out first 4 games, then on in it was pretty straight forward. However we were pushed all the way by newly promoted side Oroshaza who were promoted in second place. My only qualm would be the 13 games we drew, that's slightly too many, we lost a few points in the last 5mins of games where we couldn't grab the second or third goal to confirm victory.

Squad | Abraham | Okana-Stasi

Finances - The takeover saw no immediate investment but a 500k loan taken out to rid the club of its 350k debt, we end the season in positive figures which helps.

11/12  |2nd      |4th      |2nd Rnd   |N/A       |-394k    |1999   |
12/13  |2nd      |1st      |2nd Rnd   |N/A       |+54k     |1776   | Consortium Takeover

2013/14 - Mosonmagyaroveri TE - Hungarian Division II

Media Prediction: 14th

Finished: 9th

> we reverted back to a Professional club thanks to the Promotion

Transfers - 8 Players In including 1 loan (0k) and 6 Players Out (0k)

Not as many signings as I wanted as the quality available wasn't up to scratch. I did find a few decent players to strengthen a few areas but more improvement is needed next season. Bertus (LB) Denis (CB) El Bashir (AMC) Kornis (RB)

League - A win on the opening day of the season threw up some questions but they were soon answered as we slowly dropped down the table to a more natural position for any newly promoted club. Although this was not in the bottom two. However we did drop to 15th for one week before a strong-ish run that saw us rise to 8th. We hit another lull soon after but managed to pick up wins here and there to achieve a 9th placed finish at the end of the season.

League Cup - Table

Hungarian Cup

Squad | Abraham

Finances - No further investment as we slipped back into the red and reached the half million mark in debt. We need backing and we need it soon.

Youth Watch

Our first recommended youth product after the Assman failed to choose one the previous seasons, the quality being so poor.

Gyula Dudas DM, MC - coach report

2013/14 - a couple of first team appearances when injuries caught up with us. nothing special.

Season |Division |Finished |Cup       |Hung.Cup |Europe    |Finances |AveAtt |Other
10/11  |2nd      |11th     |1st Rnd   |N/A      |N/A       |[color=Red]-311k[/color]    |1798   | 
11/12  |2nd      |4th      |2nd Rnd   |N/A      |N/A       |[color=Red]-394k[/color]    |1999   |
12/13  |2nd      |1st      |2nd Rnd   |N/A      |N/A       |[color=DarkGreen]+54k [/color]    |1776   |Consortium Takeover
13/14  |1st      |9th      |4th Rnd   |3rd Gr'B |N/A       |[color=Red]-581k [/color]   |2639   |Turned Professional again

Looks like you've assembled a great group of African attacking players, strikers and attacking midfielders. How did you discover them? Just scouting? Looked for internationals? Targeting Africans? Just plain luck?

I think it's great & intriguing realism when a club has a player acquisition "personality" like that.

Looks like you've assembled a great group of African attacking players, strikers and attacking midfielders. How did you discover them? Just scouting? Looked for internationals? Targeting Africans? Just plain luck?

I think it's great & intriguing realism when a club has a player acquisition "personality" like that.

Abraham had already been transferred to the club. The other two, El Bashir and Okana-Stasi were transferred in after my scout found them and they were without clubs. Signing African players wasn't my intention, when the quality of the home grown players is so poor you take when you can get.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived