Changing Tactics

Hi all

I am new to FM, have not played it since the CM days, so I have a question. At the moment I am playing with a 3-5-2 formation basically 3 CD's, 2WingBacks, 2 CM's, AM, and 2 forwards. This formation works very well especially away since i concede very few goals, however I do not score much.

Now I was thinking of creating a more attacking tactic, something like 2 Fullbacks, 2 CB's, DM, Winger L, AM, Winger R, and 2 forwards.

I was wondering if I change between these tactics frequently, will the team get mixed up? Should I just keep 1 tactic and just arrange the sliders to make it more defensive and more attacking?

Also I have 2 fast forwards with very similar attributes, shall I play 1 as Advanced Forward and 1 as Poacher?

Thanks guys for your help

Apparently the team doesn't get that much affected by compulsive tactics swith...

I've been alternating a narrow 4-4-2 Diamond with a wide 4-1-1-3-1 w/wingers, depending on the Backroom Advice and on the need of the moment, and I've won the league with a record of 27-2-1.

And I managed to do well in Champions League group stage switching formation in the same way, against stronger opponents.

So, take that with a pinch of salt, but I think you can have at least two tactics your team can handle well.

Of course, the "closer" they are, the better it is... Don't go from 5-4-1 to 3-3-4....

Archived