Tactical bugs :(

Now, I am not one to moan. Perhaps someone can tell me what I have done, and be able to correct it, but ever since the new patch I've been having some very very niggley issues with the general flow of the tactics (going from screen to screen). Normally, once i chose a team I would just keep hitting spacebar until the match starts. Now I seem to have to confirm a step on opposition instructions before continuing on to the match. The match then starts off with me looking at the info panel, rather than the tv view. I have to change this every single time. Driving me potty, and if anyone can suggest how set the Tv View screen as default again I would be grateful.

I have also noticed that I need to select 'exploit the wings' at the start of every match. Now, maybe I have this wrong but surely if I have selected to focus passing down both flanks I should then have 'exploit the wings' as a default in my match engine. Before I could save a tactic mid match and it would also save whatever match 'extras' that I had selected, like exploit the wings, or look for the overlap. Now it doesnt bother. And I must admit it is a little frustrating to have to do it EVERY single time.

Must admit that previously I didnt notice too much wrong with the previous versions of the game, but now the wee niggles are incredibly annoying. Such a shame as I was getting in to this game far more than previous editions.

Anyway, if anyone can help eliminate the niggley issues i'm finding i would be very grateful :)

My game has gone downhill since the patch. The tactics don't seem to work like I want them too anymore. I try to play down the flanks but my players hardly ever work the ball out wide anymore. The worst thing is other teams, no matter if they are a weak or strong side, just playing one-two's right through my defense who just stand and watch them do it. If they don't waltz their way through they just smash it in the top corner from 25-30 yards. For the first time in a few years I feel like not playing until 10.3 comes in Feb.

Now, I am not one to moan. Perhaps someone can tell me what I have done, and be able to correct it, but ever since the new patch I've been having some very very niggley issues with the general flow of the tactics (going from screen to screen). Normally, once i chose a team I would just keep hitting spacebar until the match starts. Now I seem to have to confirm a step on opposition instructions before continuing on to the match. The match then starts off with me looking at the info panel, rather than the tv view. I have to change this every single time. Driving me potty, and if anyone can suggest how set the Tv View screen as default again I would be grateful.

I have also noticed that I need to select 'exploit the wings' at the start of every match. Now, maybe I have this wrong but surely if I have selected to focus passing down both flanks I should then have 'exploit the wings' as a default in my match engine. Before I could save a tactic mid match and it would also save whatever match 'extras' that I had selected, like exploit the wings, or look for the overlap. Now it doesnt bother. And I must admit it is a little frustrating to have to do it EVERY single time.

Must admit that previously I didnt notice too much wrong with the previous versions of the game, but now the wee niggles are incredibly annoying. Such a shame as I was getting in to this game far more than previous editions.

Anyway, if anyone can help eliminate the niggley issues i'm finding i would be very grateful :)

I had the problem with the tactics screen too, but I found if I saved the tactic again, before going to the match, then it would stop doing that. For some reason, it seemed to think I had made a tactical change, which I hadnt, and was asking to confirm it. Saving the tactic before "continuing to match" should solve the problem...

The touchline shouts don't save, as they are "in-game" tactical adjustments. I'm not sure if it is still possible, but you could try saving your tactic once you have applied the shouts in-match, and see if that saves the shouts along with the tactic.

I had the problem with the tactics screen too, but I found if I saved the tactic again, before going to the match, then it would stop doing that. For some reason, it seemed to think I had made a tactical change, which I hadnt, and was asking to confirm it. Saving the tactic before "continuing to match" should solve the problem...

The touchline shouts don't save, as they are "in-game" tactical adjustments. I'm not sure if it is still possible, but you could try saving your tactic once you have applied the shouts in-match, and see if that saves the shouts along with the tactic.

Interesting thoughts. Will give it a go. Otherwise i will be forced to start a new game I guess, as its driving me nuts. You would have thought that the patch would make things less buggy. Not in my experiences unfortunately.

Archived