[RELEASE] European Atlantic League - with promotion/relegation to national systems

Stevenhp1987

European Atlantic League - with promotion/relegation to national systems & Euro places for each nation

This edit works with 10.2 ONLY

This league is made up of four XML files which all must be loaded in order to work. There are 16 teams from four nations (four from each of Scotland, Portugal, Belgium & Holland) competing in the Atlantic League. The four from each nation chosen are the top 4 from last years divisions.

Upon conclusion of the atlantic league (based in holland) there are regional tournaments in which the four lowest teams (one from each nation) are relegated to the national system and the national winners are promoted to the Atlantic League.

There is also an Atlantic Cup which takes the 16 Atlantic League teams in addition to all the top tier teams in the four nations in a straight knock-out cup tournament.

Download

The four XML files are zipped. Unzipped they are 247kb so therefore they load in the game very fast!

The zip file is only 12kb.

Atlantic League Download!

notes

- The top four Atlantic League teams compete go through to the semi finals (2-legged) with the eventual final winners claiming the Atlantic League.

- It is Highly reccomended to load the top league of all four nations (Scotland, Portugal, Belgium & Holland). You can also load the leagues of other nations (some other XML files *may* work as well)!

- To choose a team, go to the nation, the top tier will be called <nation> Atlantic Trophy. Choose your team from there.

- Player stats go towards continental (in player profile) and not league. The Regional Trophy at the end of the season counts towards league player stats.

V1.0

- Atlantic League = acts like european competition, will be displayed in club "continental" competition tab when out of euro/cl.

- Atlantic Cup = as above, takes all atlantic league teams plus the teams in the top tier of the four nations.

- Atlantic Super cup = pre-season super cup containing the winners of the above two tournaments.

- Above cups "based" in Holland but act like continental cups/leagues.

- TV/Prize money set.

- Fixture dates set

- Regional Trophys allow entrance into main european cups.

- Initial adjustment of national leagues & National cups slightly adjusted and some league cups removed - needs more work

- Awards added to Atlantic League

Screenies

Atlantic League

Some fixtures for the league

Atlantic Cup

Scottish Regional Trophy

Celtic Fixtures

Download

The four XML files are zipped. Unzipped they are 247kb so therefore they load in the game very fast!

The zip file is only 12kb.

Atlantic League Download!

Comments

This took me a while to compile, the game was very stuborn when it came to creating the mod! Your comments, appreciation is welcomed :)

The mod has been tested with all the national leagues running in the four countries in addition to England and worked fine for over 10 seasons!

Even if I never use it (currently in a long career game) I must say well done on an exceptional amount of work that has gone into this and you deserve the credit for it. :thup:

tbh, I will never use it! I make mods that are challenging as I like to push the boundaries of the editor etc.

I too, am in my own long-term game :)

tbh, I will never use it! I make mods that are challenging as I like to push the boundaries of the editor etc.

I too, am in my own long-term game :)

Well if you can come up with any further "pushing the boundries" creations then I'm sure the community will be all the better for it. :)

I downloaded it incase I get bored with my career game or when the third patch in February is out whichever comes first then I'll give it a whirl.

Upon conclusion of the atlantic league (based in holland) there are regional tournaments in which the four lowest teams (one from each nation) are relegated to the national system and the national winners are promoted to the Atlantic League.

If I read that correctly, you mean it is the old PES Master League style, so it isn't necessarily the bottom 4 teams but the bottom from each nation? How did you manage that because that is a major breakthrough how you managed that

Great work! Is there any way this idea could be utilised within a worldwide format?

I was thinking you could do that to yours as well, but yours isn't regional based lower divisions is it? Because that makes it far more difficult to decide who gets relegated because by the time you get down to the 7th tier, each group will essentially be multi-national. However you could filter down early on. So tier 3's two groups could be Europe + Other, then tier 4-6's three groups could be europe + americas + asia/oceania/africa, then tier 7's 4 groups could be europe + america + africa + asia/oceania. Whichever works best based on how many teams you have from each continent to make fair divisions.

If you did this, then you would have to make the rule, rather than the bottom 1 from each nation as here, it would be the bottom 1 from each continent (or group of continents). But that would still leave tier 7 with the possibility of every nation in Europe. Then you could say that whichever bottom 4 are relegated, those team's domestic winners are promoted. Then the only way to break into the pyramid is if another club in your nation drops out.

All hypothetical, but an idea. Depends how the genius above did it :D

All hypothetical, but an idea. Depends how the genius above did it :D

If you load and play the league, you should be able to figure out how it is done.

Unfortunately, that means on a large scale, it will most likely be un-doable as the processing required for it would be enournmous.

How are people faring in the league? Any bugs, suggestions etc?

steven i tried something similar to this except with more nations and 20 teams in a 2 tier league with a domestic cup based on the cl format, tested the nation rules and everythings fine and working, yet when i try and load it it comes up with an error message to do with rule group settings?

how did u get around this?

so it doesn't matter if your first or last in the atlantic league???

european places will be divided through regional league?

Yup, Only way it could be done I'm afraid.

steven i tried something similar to this except with more nations and 20 teams in a 2 tier league with a domestic cup based on the cl format, tested the nation rules and everythings fine and working, yet when i try and load it it comes up with an error message to do with rule group settings?

how did u get around this?

If I could look at your XML file, I might be able to figure it out ! (although I will be without FM as of tommorow morning until Monday evening... darn christmas!)

Hey people. I have been looking at some of the "hidden" functions in the editor XML files and would like to implement some of these features into the Atlantic Cup (most importantly, making the first round draw viewable - which does work).

Do people have their own suggestions on how to improve this edit?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Steven is their anyway you can tell me how you set up the way the clubs are promoted back and forth from their own nations league, would be very interesting to try something similar?

Thanks

ps about to give the game a try.

pps I think I sussed it by looking at the database. I wonder if you have tried it without all four nations loaded. Does it just include the same four teams each time?

One thing I will say instantly noticed is the fixtures.

I'm Rangers and I have to play Ajax on the 15th, Anderlecht on the 17th and then Aberdeen on the 19th.

Quickly looked and Celtic have Benfica on the 19th but also the CL Qualification game on the same day

It has Celtic down as playing both games on the same day - but when you click on the link of the Benfica game in the Atlantic league it takes you to the details of their CL game against Lyon.

Also clashing with internationals.

Helpless: in this instance did you load all four leagues?

Without the four leagues loaded it will select the same team from each league year after year. Nothing I can do about that, it's just SI's lazy coding that teams are never relegated/promoted from one inactive division to another.

I will look at that bug over the coming days though to see what I can see.

Steven yes did load all four, was just a question thought that would be the answer. Kind of stops you being able to create something similar for the top say 16 European countries without having to load all the individual leagues.

Ok, I will look into it. Yes I know, the competition editor is very basic and this was the only way to accomplish such a league.

This looks excellent so could i say be someone like Dundee and get them into the Atlantic League ???

Yes you can. Just win the Scottish premier league for promotion.

• 2 weeks later...
I have found ways of heavily improving this mod should people be sufficiently interested? (e.g. removing cup part from Atlantic league - making stats go towards player league performance).

I'd love that mate. I'd definitely be interested.

I have found ways of heavily improving this mod should people be sufficiently interested? (e.g. removing cup part from Atlantic league - making stats go towards player league performance).

What do you mean with removing the cup part? How improves this your mod? Your mod is good but due to restrictions of the editor the beneleague itself has no real meaning!!!

I meant removing the semi/final part of the main atlantic league. This will also make the atlantic league act as an in-game league -> e.g. odds, transfer stories etc.

It improves it as the league actually acts like a league rather than a cup with 1 group stage and knockout rounds...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@phantom1998

I have been playing with this on-off for a while. So progress is slow as the game doesn't like what I'm trying to throw at it!

If I can't get the extra bits working then I will still release an improved version without those "extra" bits within a week.

OK. I'll patiently wait then. :)

I believe the "real" Atlantic League - as far as the plans go - should work like a extra Champions League, much like the Royal Cup does for the Nordic countries. If I have read your opening post carefully enough, your Atlantic Leagues works more like the highest national division, where the top divisions in Belgium, Portugal, Scotland and The Netherland then function as 2nd tier subdivisions. Am I correct?

This is in no way criticism; I just want to try to understand your league setup.

OK. I'll patiently wait then. :)

I believe the "real" Atlantic League - as far as the plans go - should work like a extra Champions League, much like the Royal Cup does for the Nordic countries. If I have read your opening post carefully enough, your Atlantic Leagues works more like the highest national division, where the top divisions in Belgium, Portugal, Scotland and The Netherland then function as 2nd tier subdivisions. Am I correct?

This is in no way criticism; I just want to try to understand your league setup.

The "real" Atlantic league plans that were shelved was a league system that would take teams from these nations with relegation to national system (plus some Scandinavian teams). The Atlantic League Cup was designed to be like the UEFA cup...

@phantom1998

I have been playing with this on-off for a while. So progress is slow as the game doesn't like what I'm trying to throw at it!

If I can't get the extra bits working then I will still release an improved version without those "extra" bits within a week.

Cool.. really appreciate the work you've done. May I ask what the extra bits are?

Cool.. really appreciate the work you've done. May I ask what the extra bits are?

You may...

Working on a top league which sort of works much like the MLS... so 4 groups for each nation, but each team plays every team in each group. The top team in each nation goes to semi-final and the bottom team to a relegation playoff featuring the top-team from each league system.

Been working on it on-off... the advanced panel is full of bugs but in my limited time, I am almost there :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived