Van der vaart or Luis Jimenez?

Fatt

• 1 month later...

I don't understand this.

On my game, I'm in season 3, comparing the two players, their stats are pretty similar.

On mini-se, vdv's CA and PA are higher, rating and p.rating are higher, value and sale value.

So what is it that makes Jimenez better?

Am I missing something?

Be interested to know, cheers. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by ronaldo175:

I don't understand this.

On my game, I'm in season 3, comparing the two players, their stats are pretty similar.

On mini-se, vdv's CA and PA are higher, rating and p.rating are higher, value and sale value.

So what is it that makes Jimenez better?

Am I missing something?

Be interested to know, cheers. icon_wink.gif

its the attributes mate

Originally posted by Scott08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nots:

VDV is two footed which is always a good thing icon_smile.gif

Really? I've never noticed. Shocking..

I've changed my mind icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Jimenez also has two feet...

That reminds me of a conversation between the commentator and host on the WC 2006 competition:

Something like this

"Nedved is a great player because he has two feet"

"Really? The others don't?"

"No, I mean he can use both feet equally well"

"Well, that's a relief, otherwise it would be the paraolympics or something..."

Actually, Jiminez isnt 2 years younger, the price is good but you have to wait till jul 08 for his loan at inter to finish before you can get him so VDV if you want a player at the start of the season.

None of you have mentioned modric icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by C®ouch:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nots:

VDV is two footed which is always a good thing icon_smile.gif

Really? I've never noticed. Shocking..

I've changed my mind icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Jimenez also has two feet...

That reminds me of a conversation between the commentator and host on the WC 2006 competition:

Something like this

"Nedved is a great player because he has two feet"

"Really? The others don't?"

"No, I mean he can use both feet equally well"

"Well, that's a relief, otherwise it would be the paraolympics or something..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im pretty sure jimenez is right foot only icon_wink.gif

i got both of them in my team atm, jimenez tends to get more goals for me when he is in am position and vdv gets more assists i think

van der vaart definitely scores the important goals, in my Man City game, operating on the right of a trio of AMC's (Elano, Frenandez and v.d. Vaart) he completely dominated the premiership with assists and goals, only being outscored by Elano (who spent some of the time as an emergency striker due to injuries to benjani and Stancu)...

jimenez in a Q.P.R. game has been both fantastic, and crucial as the creative passing anchor as a Central AMC who creates goals in abundance (and decent at set pieces)

with him dictating play in the center with two "no nonsense" CM->DM's behind him, he is more than capable of allowing your other creative or attacking players the space to "make things happen"

who would i have? - if i had the money, (and the reputation) in the Q.P.R. game, i'd splurge whatever it took to get van der Vaart. - he's got the "x factor" that when you see him pick up the ball on the 2d match engine you think to yourself "this guys gonna do something here! and its gonna be worth every penny..."

Probably Jiminez. I haven't got the chance to play him yet as although I've signed him he is loaned out at the start of the season, so I just made sure I could play him next season.

I needed some new quality mids so I signed VDV, Jiminez and Modric. I'm mainly playing VDV in MC so it's not really fair to compare, although Modric has certainly been playing slightly better. I think Jiminez is the best capture for the money. With the extra 7 or 8 million another class player could be brought in. I'm not sure by how much stats vary, game to game, but on my Jiminez looks better. Not by much though, they both have their perks.

i have jimenez in a qpr game and i have vdv in my man city game

i would say vdv he is just unreal im top of the league and every goal that i have scored comes from a vdv pass or from him ripping someone and play a one two and creating something.

have jimenez at qpr and he does a decent job but nothing like vdv . so vdv no matter how much i would have to pay .

I had both at my Athletico Madrid game. Both quality and originally played VTV most from teh beginning. I then ended up selling him for £30 mill, and now play with Jiminez. Both top class. Go with the form guide....

Originally posted by Criztian:

I signed Van der Vaart and he was absolute rubbish, every day I played him I watched my board confidence drop another notch cause of his brutal performance. Probably just bad luck though...

u cant be serious, were u playing him as CB or somewhere in defence by mistake ?

Originally posted by polat_dgn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Criztian:

I signed Van der Vaart and he was absolute rubbish, every day I played him I watched my board confidence drop another notch cause of his brutal performance. Probably just bad luck though...

u cant be serious, were u playing him as CB or somewhere in defence by mistake ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I was playing him midfield, I tried him as AMF in the 4-4-2 Diamond and after he failed I tried him (rather desperately) on the right wing.

I assume it was just rotten luck on my part. But I was in tears with the way he played. But it has tainted my opinion of him in real life, every time I see him play in real life I just shake my head thinking how much he cost me.

on 8.0.0 id say vdv hes been class on tht database for me. but on 8.0.1/8.0.2 id say jimenez and hes alot cheaper and more consistant. vdv can be class and can be bought in the first season. but if u can wait a year id take jimenez ive just bout him for my juve side and i play him as the centre amc in my three.

VDV should be better than Jiminez, stats may look weaker but that's because more of the PA gets used us for him being eitehr footed. Ronaldo is a prime example of this, stats don't look as good as Elano, but should play alot better, providing you play them correctly of course!

Archived