Do you think that this is a bit silly from SI??!!

Started a new game as West Ham with the patch. This time I thought I would load up all of England in an attempt to get a coaching staff made up of ex Hammers. Their stats don't start too good but I thought it would be an interesting experiment.

Anyway first port of call was Tony Cottee. Offering him anything I get "Tony Cottee has indicated that he currently has no interest in joining a rival of his former Club". A rival!!!! Does that mean that his 2 games at Millwall at the very end of his career now make the Club he has continuously supported and played for on two seperate occasions now a mere rival of the Lions???!!!! Then I take a look at his personal page and West Ham isn't even listed as a favourite Club!

On to Alan Devonshire who has been manager or Hampton and Richmond for donkeys years. I offer him the Assistant Managers position but I get "Alan Devonshire has indicated that he has no interest in the role you are offering".

Same with Julian Dicks...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can't speak for the gentleman concerned as maybe they are happy at managing at lower level and I would have accepted maybe a Cottee response of "happy with his role in the media" but I'm pretty sure given half a chance all 3 would jump at joining the Hammers in a coaching role. Certainly Cottee's allegiance to The Lions is somewhat stupid.

Is this an error on the part of a researcher or are staff just thrown into the game with just the very basics to their profile?

I am going to start again with just the large database if loading up the whole of England gives you no real benefits.

The first one could be argued as a data error. If you feel that Tony Cottee should have West Ham as a favourite club, then log it on the 'data issues' forum.

The other two are pretty self-explanatory really. Both would prefer to be at the helm at their respective clubs rather than as an assistant at West Ham. Makes sense to me.

Regards,

C.

The first one could be argued as a data error. If you feel that Tony Cottee should have West Ham as a favourite club, then log it on the 'data issues' forum.

The other two are pretty self-explanatory really. Both would prefer to be at the helm at their respective clubs rather than as an assistant at West Ham. Makes sense to me.

Regards,

C.

Was going to say this ^^^^^^. Perhaps the last 2 want to be organ grinders and not monkeys?

EDIT - Although i do sort of understand sussex hammer, i want Alan Shearer as my assitant at Newcastle but he isn't interested in the role. Its frustarting but it kind of figures.

You can rectify things via the editor. ;)

But for data issues, should he really have to? I mean i recognise things can get missed or reported incorrectly, but having to use the editor to sort out some data that is really quite obvious is wrong imo.

sussex hammer - As crouchy said, report it in the data issues forum and hopefully someone will look into it.

But for data issues, should he really have to? I mean i recognise things can get missed or reported incorrectly, but having to use the editor to sort out some data that is really quite obvious is wrong imo.

sussex hammer - As crouchy said, report it in the data issues forum and hopefully someone will look into it.

I agree with you completely.

I would question whether most staff wouldnt rather be a Premiership staff or a manager in a lower league? Life in the Premiership, as well as salary, would seem to be more attractive, no?

No, but the data should represent that the personnel mentioned should jump at the chance in the game.

I'm not sucking up to SI here, but the data does try to reflect real life as best as it can. It's the same with every LLM, you can't get them to sign anyways. I was managing Perth Glory one season, and wanted Bobby Despotovski as a coach, but he didn't want to leave Inglewood Utd. Bobby was one of our biggest legends of the club, and he didn't want to sign. I personally think there's an issue with preferred roles, if anything.

I'm with Baba and Ellis here. I understand and pretty much agree with Sussexhammer's sentiments here, and it's interesting that others don't. That's why editors are very useful for changing these subjective judgements.

SH, since it's your team why not just pop into the editor and make ex-hammers rate WHU as favourite club (100)? If it's a savegame using FMRTE to do that would be straightforward and would not be the same as 'cheating' IMO.

It is certainly not cheating to use any editor to do this. Of course SI may not get 'favourite' clubs 100% accurate on every person. If they don't - and you know for a fact this person favours that club - then edit out the error by SI.

Edit: I also sometimes use the editor before I start a save anyway to make ex-Rotherham players have us as their favourite club so that I can make them coaches and be able to keep them.

Archived