Return of the Fafeful - Game Thread

Return of the Fafeful - The Sign-up

brand.gif

Des Tiny's homecoming

We Are Now entering Take II (After a failure in my editing we have had to restart), the start of the new building of Fafe is Here.

The Story

Des Tiny first tookover AD Fafe in June 2009 as a new manager and he led them to a Liga Sagres title within 20 seasons, and into the group stages of the European Champions League. Now after finding the key to time travel he has found a way back to the year 2009 and has once more accepted the job at AD Fafe, this time he wishes to better his previous efforts and take the club to Champions League victory. To aid him in this quest he has brought back with him twenty-two footballing stars from the future to assist him in leading the club to future glory. All of them are fiercly loyal to Des, and to his club, the future superstars have had some genetic modifications completed on them by a team of scientists from the CSE (Central Scientific Enterprise). As they all arrive back in the past they appear to have dropped back to about the middle of their stardom levels, but still have the potential to get back to being the best in the world.

The Sign-up

I will be keeping track of all the players in the team, I will be managing the team myself and will try to rotate the players as best as I can. The squad will start in the third division of the portuguese ladder, so it will take three promotions to make it into the Liga Sagres and face our biggest rivals FC Porto. As regens come through they will be made available to followers of the sign-up and hopefully this creates an ongoing list of people always following as I lead the squad to victory.

What I have Edited

Obviously I have edited the players in, Loyalty 20, Favourite Club Fafe, CA 100, PA -10. This is the only mention you will receive of your CA/PA until such time as your player retires at which point I will give you a rundown of their CA at the end of each season they were involved. I edited Fafe to have Perfect Training/Youth Set-up with an Academy, and also gave them rivalries with Porto, Sporting & Benfica just to make it interesting. And the other change is the addition of the Third Division being playable, and two cups, Taca Da Segunda (Cup of Second) & Taca Da Terceira (Cup of Third) for their respective divisions. There have been no other edits to the game other than the possible inclusion of an EDT file for some future regens if I can get it to work.

The Updates

I plan on updates at least once a week, I will give monthly updates of the games we have played, a squad screenshot of the stats the players have put up, and a run down of any events whether they are transfers, which hopefully will not happen with the players high loyalty, injuries or anything else interesting that comes up. And then I will give a full player update at least once a season on update day (June 19th, I believe), I will possibly add a second one of these in January as well, these updates would be in a lot more detail as well. If there is anything anyone wants added please do not be afraid to ask. I will also run a "Player's Player of the Season" award at the end of each year and will ask for all followers to vote for my given shortlist.

The Players

GK: Lucas Schaw (Escath)

GK: Cristiano Mer (El Sid)

DR: Halo Von Stronburg (HarryS)

DL: Manuel Monasterio (Iacovone)

DRL: David Vrba (Hamilton162)

DC: Ali Millar (FM Since its Birth)

DC: Biggs Hades (AtilasMiserly)

DC: Luke Holt (Bambi Holt)

DM/DC: Ben Smith (gooner83)

DM/MC: Whoopy Dee'e (WhoopyD)

DM/MC: Duco Zitman (DDWZ)

AM/DM/MC: Frank Fontaine (AK85)

MC - Liam Hurst (Hursty)

AM/MC: Jason Demir (DodgeeD)

M/DR: Tyler Burrows (Pluckaduck)

MR: Santiago Gonzalez (5ergio)

ML: Matt James (CV)

MRL: Cerneo Quam (Cerneo)

AM/ST: Jesuzinho da Silva (GaztheDoood)

ST: Aleksander Radakovic (LLR)

ST: William Hall (William Hall)*

ST: Joe Tompkins (Joetheref)

What I ask of you

I ask that you keep track of the thread, and post comments as well, tell me how I am doing. If it is something I could do better, or something that is awesome it will all help. I ask that you vote regularly on the Player's Player award, I will ask for these via PM at the end of each season. And if you are going to be away please remind me so that I know when you are not here. Otherwise just enjoy yourself and get some banter going.

Are you enjoying my sign-up? Please give it a rating

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Return of the Fafeful - The Sign-up

The History

Well Des Tiny has taken over at AD Fafe for a tjird time and is looking to improve on his previous effort with a well-rounded career and a bunch of superstars. I have decided I will update this post everytime with a general rundown of the careers of every player as well as my updates. So if you want a quick look at a players career you can come here and see all of their profile pictures as well as the latest Personal page and their full career stats.

The Club

June 2009

Information: Stadium, General

Predicted Finish:

Actual Finish:

Expectations:

Finances:

The Squad:

Wages:

Transfers:

June 2010

Predicted Finish:

Expectations:

Finances:

The Squad: The Players

Wages:

Transfers:

The Players

Goalkeepers

Lucas Schaw (Escath)

Starting Profile

Positions: GK

Nationality: New Zealander

Career Stats

[color=Black]             Apps   Conc  Clean  MoM  AvgRat[/color]
[color=Black]2009/10[/color]        [color=Black]0      0     0     0    0.00[/color]
Career         [color=Black]0      0     0     0    0.00[/color]

Cristiano Mer (El Sid)

Starting Profile

Positions: GK

Nationality: Brazillian

Career Stats

[color=Black]             Apps   Conc  Clean  MoM  AvgRat[/color]
[color=Black]2009/10[/color]        [color=Black]0      0     0     0    0.00[/color]
Career         [color=Black]0      0     0     0    0.00[/color]

Fullbacks

Tyler Burrows (Pluckaduck)

Starting Profile

Positions: M/DR

Nationality: Andorran

Career Stats

[color=Black]               Apps   Goals  Assts  MoM  AvgRat[/color][color=Black]
2009/10         0(0)    0      0     0    0.00[/color][color=Black]
Career     [/color][color=Black]     0(0)    0      0     0    0.00[/color]

Halo Von Stronburg (HarryS)

Starting Profile

Positions: DR

Nationality: Dutch

Career Stats

[color=Black]               Apps   Goals  Assts  MoM  AvgRat[/color][color=Black]

Manuel Monasterio (Iacovone)

Starting Profile

Positions: DL

Nationality: Spanish

Career Stats

David Vrba (Hamilton162)

Starting Profile

Positions: DRL

Nationality: Czech Republic

Career Stats

Centre Backs

Ali Millar (FM Since its Birth)

Starting Profile

Positions: DC

Nationality: English

Career Stats

Biggs Hades (AtilasMiserly)

Starting Profile

Nationality: England

Career Stats

Luke Holt (Bambi Holt)

Starting Profile

Career Stats

Ben Smith (gooner83)

Starting Profile

Positions: DM/DC

Career Stats

Wingers

Santiago Gonzalez (5ergio)

Starting Profile

Positions: MR

Nationality: Turkish

Career Stats

Matt James (CV)

Starting Profile

Positions: ML

Nationality: Scottish

Career Stats

Cerneo Quam (Cerneo)

Starting Profile

Positions: MRL

Nationality: American

Career Stats

Centre Mids

Whoopy Dee'e (WhoopyD)

Starting Profile

Positions: DM/MC

Nationality: Cameroonian

Career Stats

Duco Zitman (DDWZ)

Starting Profile

Positions: DM/MC

Nationality: Dutch

Career Stats

Frank Fontaine (AK85)

Starting Profile

Positions: AM/DM/MC

Nationality: Poland

Career Stats

Liam Hurst (Hursty)

Starting Profile

Positions: MC

Career Stats

Jason Demir (DodgeeD)

Starting Profile

Positions: AM/MC

Nationality: England

Career Stats

Strikers

Jesuzinho da Silva (GaztheDoood)

Starting Profile

Positions: AM/ST

Nationality: Brazillian

Career Stats

Aleksander Radakovic (LLR)

Starting Profile

Positions: ST

Nationality: Serbian

Career Stats

William Hall (William Hall)

Starting Profile

Nationality: Australian

Career Stats

Joe Tompkins (Joetheref)

Starting Profile

Career Stats

Fafe Players' Player of the Season

This is voted on by the forumites who are following this thread, anyone will be allowed to vote. I will provide a nominations list at the end of each season and then ask for votes to me via PM. Then I will post the winner in the thread and also add them to the below list.

The Players' Player

2009/10:

2010/11:

Player of the Month History 09/10

Return of the Fafeful

The Hall of Fame

In this section I will include players who have shown amazing skill for the team, they may not have been the top goalscorer or the kept most clean sheets, but they will be players who have shown themselves as stars of the club.

The Hall of Famers

Class of 20??

Example Post:

Name: Bob Jones

Position: DM/MC

Years at Club: 11

Biggest Achievements: Liga Sagres Title 2012, Liga Sagres Player of Year 2012

Reason for Induction: A true superstar in the middle, he has led the team and shown himself to be a great deep playmaker. AD Fafe has one of the most Fafeful players ever in Bob Jones.

Career Stats

Apps  Goals  Assts  MoM  Yell  Reds  AvgRat
230    12     65     15   36    3     7.06

Looks absolutely brilliant Des!!

As for the fixture congestion, a simlar thing happened to me with FC Andorra, but by the time I finally got to the months, it wsn't as bad as I anticipated. And it meant that I raised a fair bit of money as well, because we had a lot of home games in that period which saw Gate Receipts through the roof!

Can't wait for more, Mon the Fafe!!!

Well after the test was run I have checked the situation and it actually was not bad at all, it is the worst for those teams that make the playoffs, they play the Round of 16 on the Saturday and the round of 8 on the Tuesday to complete their seasons. I am now loading the actual game and I will put screenshots of the players up shortly. I have also loaded as view only the top league of Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland, France & England so that if some of our players do leave it is likely I will still be able to follow their career stats. Of course I will be trying to keep our core team together for as many years as I can.

Ah Des I was in absolutely no doubt you'd put together a marvellous looking thread and my faith has been rewarded! Looks fantastic and can't wait to read your updates :thup:

Up the Fafe!!

:o Why so much faith in my great looking updates? I have a history of them, but I just do what I can. I am in the process of the beginning update and then we will build towards the August 1st Update which should cover all the friendlies.

Return of the Fafeful

June 2009 Update

A New Beginning

Well Des Tiny has taken over at AD Fafe for a second time and is looking to improve on his previous effort with a well-rounded career and a bunch of superstars.

The Club

Predicted Finish: 2nd

Expectations: Promotion

Finances: €10.25M

The Squad: The Players

Wages: €975 (€975)

Transfers: €0

The Players

Goalkeepers

Lucas Schaw (Escath)

Starting Profile

Personal

Cristiano Mer (El Sid)

Starting Profile

Personal

Fullbacks

Halo Von Stronburg (HarryS)

Starting Profile

Personal

Manuel Monasterio (Iacovone)

Starting Profile

Personal

David Vrba (Hamilton162)

Starting Profile

Personal

Centre Backs

Ali Millar (FM Since its Birth)

Starting Profile

Personal

Biggs Hades (AtilasMiserly)

Starting Profile

Personal

Luke Holt (Bambi Holt)

Starting Profile

Personal

Ben Smith (gooner83)

Starting Profile

Personal

Centre Mids

Whoopy Dee'e (WhoopyD)

Starting Profile

Personal

Duco Zitman (DDWZ)

Starting Profile

Personal

Frank Fontaine (AK85)

Starting Profile

Personal

Liam Hurst (Hursty)

Starting Profile

Personal

Jason Demir (DodgeeD)

Starting Profile

Personal

Wingers

Tyler Burrows (Pluckaduck)

Starting Profile

Personal

Santiago Gonzalez (5ergio)

Starting Profile

Personal

Matt James (CV)

Starting Profile

Personal

Cerneo Quam (Cerneo)

Starting Profile

Personal

Strikers

Jesuzinho da Silva (GaztheDoood)

Starting Profile

Personal

Aleksander Radakovic (LLR)

Starting Profile

Personal

William Hall (William Hall)

Starting Profile

Personal

Joe Tompkins (Joetheref)

Starting Profile

Personal

And also his Anticipation at 12, Composure & First Touch, if the midfield can get him the ball he is going to score a lot of goals.

Four Players are currently on Part Time Contracts, not sure why I set everyone to a fulltime contract, and then all those under 17 are on youth contracts. All of these players will be signed to full time contracts as soon as they can accept them.

In the test season Schaw was the only player to get a senior International Cap, only 1, but he allowed no goals so its a start. (of course thats all gone). I will advise you all of who our first cap is in the update that it happens, I am currently looking for a coaching & Scouting team to join the club so we can actually train these players up.

Lets be honest, Paston wouldn't need to get injured at all you'd just need to put your hand up and they'd pick you over him.

Fair enough. Just checked his stats and they are pretty horrible. Apparently Glen Moss is better in this game, but even he's pretty useless.

Welcome aboard everyone, hope you are all looking forward to it. I'm about to crank up the game and attempt to get played through at least the first month. So far I have created a tactic, and trainings. I have hired an Asst Manager and am now looking for some coaches, scouts and Physios. I have organised 4 friendlies before we start our first League match on August 15th.

Welcome aboard everyone, hope you are all looking forward to it. I'm about to crank up the game and attempt to get played through at least the first month. So far I have created a tactic, and trainings. I have hired an Asst Manager and am now looking for some coaches, scouts and Physios. I have organised 4 friendlies before we start our first League match on August 15th.

Good stuff.

Return of the Fafeful

July 31st 2009

News from Fafe

• Francisco Simoes de Carvalho signs for Fafe as the new Asst Manager, he looks to back up Des Tiny and get the boys in shape.
  • Miguel Leal signs as the first scout at Fafe, he is going to be sent around Central Europe looking for possible players to sign to back-up the core that Fafe have.
  • Joao Luis Tavares signs just minutes later and straight away Des Tiny sends him off the Andorra to look for Tyler Burrows long lost brother.
  • Carlos Parente joins the team as our attacking/defensive coach, with only two coaches allowed the other will focus on goalkeeping.

• Vitor Carvalho joins as our Physio, it wasn't long before he was in action as someone went down just the next day at practise.
  • Vladan Stojiljkovic comes rushing into the club as our new goalkeeping coach, he looks like a former star at only 38 and he is able to get on with Radakovic. The pair were seen later in the day having a quiet drink together and discussing life abroad from the former Yugoslav Republic.

• Joe Tompkins strained his groin in training while attempting to sprint, he will be out for around 4 weeks. (Expected return 26.07.09)
  • Duco Zitman signs a new five year fulltime contract, after rejecting three attempts he signs saying his main reason was "His love for the club"
  • Cerneo Quam also signed a new contract with AD Fafe, a full time contract, but he said he was "delighted to sign for the club of his dreams" yet he also took more than one attempt to accept.

• June 30th saw a bunch of reports come flooding in as V.Carvalho reported on Joe Tompkins and the returning players before the Pre-Season started.
  • FS. Carvalho reported on our squad in our preseason meeting, we have the youngest squad in our division. High Concentration, Best Dribblers (Comes from them being so young they need bibs), Best First Touch, More Magic Moments, we also have the fastest squad in the competition, I presume he is not talking about Radakovic who is slowly catching up. The Best Passers, Best Fitness, Strongest, and technically gifted.
  • Onto direct player comments he said Jason Demir would be a good captain, though his age and changing captains can have a negative effect. Zitman should be a playmaker (Well Duh, thats why he is in my tactic as a deep-lying playmaker), We should be playing 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-3-2, both of which are similar to my 4-4-2 anyway.
  • Parente on the other hand thinks Burrows should be captain, and that we should concentrate on Youth because of our high quality facilities.
  • Ben Smith finally decided to put pen to paper as he signed up to a 5 year full time deal as well.

• Von Stronburg signs his 5 year deal and now all those over 17 are on full time contracts, we still have half the squad under 17, but they will get contracts when they get old enough.
  • Promotion Odds have come out listing us at 1-5 favourites alongside Infesta & Famalicao

• The board has given us our first feeder club Vila Real (Portuguese Regional Division), if anyone wishes a jaunt at our feeder clubs at anytime just tell me. I mainly sign these for a friendly I can gauge the club on.

• Tyler Burrows becomes the first Youth player eligible for a Professional contract and we are already over wage budget and the club will allow me no more, looks like I will offer Part-time deals just to get them on contract.

• Well Tavares returned from Andorra with no sign of Burrows long lost brother, but he had heard a rumour involving an Austrian Backpacker, so Tiny turned him around and sent him off in that direction.

• Tompkins returns to full training 6 days early and 3 days before our first match, but he is unlikely to be fit enough to play.

• Schaw signs a pre-contract part time deal which will at least keep him at the club til I have more wages to give.
  • Burrows signs a new professional part time deal for three years, he signed because of his love for the club.
  • Biggs Hades also signed the pre-contract deal delighting Des Tiny.

• The Monster, Demir, Hurst, Millar, Radakovic, Vrba, Fontaine & James all sign pre-contract deals to keep them at the club past their 17th birthdays. (When I run a sign-up like this again minimum age will be 17 so they already have FT contracts)
  • This is aslo the day of our first friendly, everyone will play a half game in this one.

• Only news for this day is that we are playing our second friendly.
  • Jason Demir has twisted his knee & will be out for four weeks, expected return 26.08.09 and will miss the start of the season.

The month

• Mer Cristiano has performed greatly in training, we had a win & a loss in our friendlies, da Silva has been good & bad, the squad is struggling with communication difficulties.

News from Portugal

• Sporting CP will face Dinamo Moscow in the best placed third qualifying round of Champions League.
  • Sporting are looking to sign Montenegrin Left wing Stevan Jovetic for 11M.

News from The World

• Luis Suarez left Ajax for Chelsea for 24M
  • Antonio di Natale left Udinese for Man City for 22.5M
  • Filipe left Deportivo for Man Utd for 20.5M, they also signed Gary Cahill for 15.75M
  • Harry Kewell will now be playing for Inter Milan, he signed for 10.25M
  • Sol Campbell has gone to AEK on a free, while Mark Viduka joined Catania.
  • Fernando Gago has gone to PSG on loan for 600k

The Matches

FRN: Cianorte vs Fafe 2:1

da Silva (90+1)

Millar dropped his marking to allow their first goal, and a poor clearance from Hades allowed a long shot which went straight in for the second. Zitman managed to feed a great through ball to da Silva to give us the consolation. In a game where statistically we were the better side it was mistakes that let us down.

FRN: Sao Jose vs Fafe 0:1

da Silva (4)

MoM: Zitman

The same combination that ended our last game started this one, and Zitman straight away fed a through ball to da Silva which he lobbed over two defenders and the keeper. at the 35 min mark demir went down and this brought Fontaine into the game. In injury time in the first half da Silva made an ass of himself by elbowing a defender in the face and was shown the red card. An early shower for our goalscorer saw us planning a second half with 10 men. We had to defend most of the 2nd half, but we came away with it.

Finances

Feeder Club

Squad Stats

Von Stronburg signs his 5 year deal and now all those over 17 are on full time contracts, we still have half the squad under 17, but they will get contracts when they get old enough. ... nice glad to see the commitment :D and 2 apps with avg rating of 6.85 not bad :)

Yeah two injuries before the season starts is a bit gutting, but at least they are in managable spots, I am looking at bringing in a Left Wing because we are in serious trouble here if Quam or James go down. The other option would be to re-train someone else to cover this spot, but everyone is right-footed other than the Monster who we also have no cover for.

Was I the keeper that conceded the 2 or not?

Because if I was the one who conceded, I blame my defence for putting so much pressure on me. :p

We would like you to have the experience of picking the ball out of your own net during the friendlies. Once it goes to official matches, you might not have a chance to touch the ball again. :p

Return of the Fafeful

August 31st 2009

News from Fafe

• We played our 3rd friendly of the season against Campomaiorense at home, our first game at the home ground.

• I set the win bonuses to high for the league and the cup, but none of the players even blinked an eyelid at them.

• Seven Players were called up for International Duty: da Silva (POR U21s), Vrba (CZE U21s), Fontaine (POL U21s), Schaw (NZL U21s), Cristiano (BRA U20s), The Monster (ESP U20s), & James (SCO U21s). I will report on these events as they happen.

• Leal reported back from Spain with no star players to fit into the squad, his only suggestion was Jose Luis Rondo, who is 33 and just not of a calibre to make our team. "Carry on" was my response.

• With both keepers out we headed to Guarda, we were missing 4 players who had already left for their internationals. We headed off hopeful of a result.

• Captain Selection day rolled around and the Asst Manager suggested Ben Smith © & Jason Demir (vc). I could only disagree as looking at the players Cerneo Quam slotted himself in as Captain (He was feeling the pressure afterwards), and Jason Demir was appointed Vice-Captain, he was delighted with this and about 9 players thought Quam was a good selection.

• An update on Demir's injury from Carvalho has suggested that he should be alright for our game against Rebordosa on Friday August 28th.
  • David Vrba was the only player to make it into an International game as the Czech U21s drew with Greece 1:1, he came on after 68 mins and gained an avg rating of 6.6 by doing next to nothing. (Congrats on our first Youth Cap)
  • Turns out the other games were later in the day, so others to make appearances are: Cristiano who came on in the 54th min for Brazil U20s as they won 2:0 over Spain, he stopped every single shot for a 6.8. The Monster turned out for Spain in this game, he was subbed off after 66 mins, but he managed to complete 6 tackles from 6 attempts.
  • Schaw captained the NZ U21s against Lebanon and led them to a massive 3:0 victory as he stopped all 9 shots and scored a 7.1. Fontaine played the full 90 mins for Poland U21s as they beat Malta 3:0, he was involved a lot in the passing game, but didn't score or assist on the goals endding with a 7.2.
  • Matt James played for Scotland U21s as they got thumped by Norway 4:1, he was never involved in the game and got shown the door after 55 mins with a rating of 5.6.

• Our first league game sees us as huge favourites to walk all over Vila Mea, we are 1-3 which is damn good. Hopefully the squad live up to expectations in this first match.
  • Tavares also returned from Austria with no sign of the backpacker, though Tiny had heard a rumour that Burrows brother was hiding out in the Swiss Alps, so Tavares headed off that way, wondering to himself why he was searching for someone instead of scouting.

• The papers led this morning with a couple of records, Fontaine as the youngest ever Fafe player at 15yrs 328 days, while Radakovic became the youngest goalscorer at 16 yrs 276 days.

• Jason Demir has resumed full training, good to see him back, but he is unlikely to be fit for our game in 2 days time.

• Leal reported back from Spain that he had found no-one to recommend, my response was simple, "Talk to me when you find someone"

• We play our second league game against Amarante, we go into the game 2-5 favourites again. Dee'e, Cristiano & Tompkins are sitting the game out and will play for the U19s on the same day.
  • Matt James fell heavily and damaged his elbow during the match. He is likely to be out for two to three weeks.

• Fontaine gained himself another record as he became our youngest goalscorer at 15yrs 335 days old. This was also the youngest player to ever score in the 3DB.
  • Ali Millar turned professional as he accepted a 3 year part time deal on his 17th birthday.

• Our first home game in the league is against Rebordosa, we are favourites 1-6, but this is the team leading the league with two huge victories so far. It is also our first televised match, moved to 19:30 Friday.

• Nine players are called up for international duty: da Silva (POR U19s), Radakovic (SRB U19s), Fontaine (POL U21s), Burrows (AND U21s), Cristiano (BRA U20s), The Monster (ESP U21s), Gonzalez (TUR U21s), Vrba (CZE U21s), & Dee'e (CMR U21s). The matches range from Sept 3rd til Sept 8th, and we have a game inbetween them.

• And our Sept 5th match was moved due to international call-ups, lucky us.
  • And once again Jason Demir is out, he came back for a single game before straining his ankle ligaments in training and he will be out 6-8 weeks.

News from Portugal

• The First game of the 3rd Division Serie B kicked off with Leca travelling to Oliveirense on Friday 14th, this ended with Leca walking away 3:1 victors.
  • Benfica signed Kris Stadsgaard for 4.6M & Rafael Santos for 4.85M in a very busy transfer window.
  • They are also atop the Liga Sagres on goal difference over Sporting CP.

News from The World

• Sunderland are shock leaders in England after 4 games, while Lyon lead France, Bayern in Germany, Ajax in Holland, Juventus in Italy & after one game there is a 9 team tie in Spain. Led by At. Madrid who defeated Mallorca 5:0

The Matches

FRN: Fafe vs Campomaiorense 8:0

Tompkins (1,72), Vrba (pen18), Quam (31), Gonzalez (45+1), da Silva (51), Millar (65), Hall (75)

MoM: Tompkins

There was a write-up here, but I lost it in the RAM changeover, whoops, same applies to the second friendly. All I have to say is that the media thought we were GR-Eight!

FRN: Guarda vs Fafe 0:9

Tompkins (22,54), da Silva (25,27,52), Quam (42), Radakovic (61,82), Dee'e (76)

MoM: da Silva

The write-ups are gone, but they were both massive games and a lot of players were showing their skills as they romped around the park.

3DB: Vila Mea vs Fafe 0:3

Zitman (40), Radakovic (52,74)

MoM: Radakovic

We started off dominating from the beginning, but it took a full forty minutes before we cracked their defenses, a throw-in landed at Quam's feet in the box, he played it back to Dee'e who centred the ball to Duco Zitman who slotted it past the keeper for Fafe's first Competitive goal. Only 6 mins into the second half we were playing with 10 men as Quam was being treated by the Physio, but Radakovic & James played a beautiful one-two around the box to pull out the keeper, and Radakovic ended the move with an empty netter. A counter-attacking hoof down field by Millar saw Radakovic dispossess the opposition back, then he shot once...saved, and got the rebound and scored on his second shot.

3DB: Amarante vs Fafe 0:2

Fontaine (10), Radakovic (87)

MoM: Fontaine

They started with a bang leading the ball straight to our goal, and only the woodwork saved us going down early. A series of attacks came to nothing until we had a corner which Hurst laid perfectly at Fontaine's feet and he slammed it home for the lead. A Knock to James saw Quam come onto the field and take the reins after 16 mins. The rest of the first half saw us containing them and an occasional ripper upfield, only event was da Silva getting a yellow card. Hurst started the second half by being booked for a dangerous tackle. The 87th minute rolled around and the second half had been back and forward, with neither team showing they had what it took, until Gonzalez went around his marker and then two more players before crossing to Radakovic who slotted the ball home.

3DB: Fafe vs Rebordosa 3:0

Smith (23), Burrows (72), da Silva (90+1)

MoM: Burrows

With the game being played over the entire field early on everyone was getting a touch of the ball, but eventually one of the goalies was going to crack, and when Gonzalez floated a corner in to Ben Smith, he never hesitated and hit it on the volley into the net. We kept the pressure on throughout the half, but their defense was too good. In the 72nd minute we had a stellar freekick, Zitman played it to Hurst, who put it infront of a perfectly timed run from Burrows, who had moved to the wing, and he slotted it home. In injury time da Silva made sure of the victory as he ran from halfway, dribbling the ball and put it past the keeper for our third.

This Month

Well a very good start the league season as we scored 8 goals in our first 3 games, with another 30 games left in the season it is going to be hard fought from here. The player of the month clearly goes to Aleksander Radakovic for his 3 goals.

League Table

Finances

Squad Stats

Archived