New patch 10.2 - would you install it again given what you now know???

Mine is running fine. Since the patch I've had 5 games. And won 4-0 once, 3-1 twice, 2-0 once and 1-0 once. I also went on to tonk GH Acadamy 6-1 in preseason. I'm Notts Co if you're wondering at the end of season 1.

Little annoyed that Van der Vaart isn't transfer listed on the new database though, but that's cos he's reconciled with Real Madrid... :p gonna have to find someone else to buy now (not for Notts Co - started a network game with Aresnal).

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a big complainer of 10.1, I stopped playing, since 10.2 I have barely stopped playing it, my biggest faults were the defending and long shot issues, now they are fixed the game is back to its former glory again, its more realistic and so much more fun, i'm still losing but at least my players are defending and making an effort, this game is back to brilliance.

I love the fact that the people having a go at people like me for complaining, are now complaining to SI, irony, thy name is you.

I wish I had waited til the end of the season before patching tbf.

Why so Deisler?

After looking at the feedback I made the decision that I would patch this evening. However I am halfway through my first season with Newcastle and doing extremely well and dont want the same fate to fall upon me.

No matter what si do there not going to please everyone,people were complaing that there to many long shots in the game and it's been sorted but know there complaing off super goalkeepers saveing the long shots come on people are you never going to be satisfied.?

In all fairness james someone posted that about 30 posts ago!

And this thread is finding out users opinions on whether they prefer the new patch. Why try and antagonize people?

just one sentence : why couldn't SI make this 10.2 from the beginning.

one thing I love most is : crossing is no more stupid like in 10.1 . In 10.1, my winger make 80% crossing hit opponent's player. Now in 10.2, 80% they can make a proper cross

so far in my game (2 matches, both away)

2-0 v.s Espanoyl

4-0 v.s Villareal

one on one works well

corner works better than 10.1

through ball more effective

tackling improved

passing : some new moves, lovely

crossing : as it should be

long shot : up to your instruction

Why so Deisler?

After looking at the feedback I made the decision that I would patch this evening. However I am halfway through my first season with Newcastle and doing extremely well and dont want the same fate to fall upon me.

This thread is the reason i patched and believe me what a great difference it makes. :D

Patched during the season by the way, if your tactics & players are right you can certainly score goals.

i have had to just grit my teeth and start all over again as 10.1 was becoming a disaster for me personally, but have to tip my hat to SI for the changes in 10.2, what a difference :) The most realistic version of the game i have EVER played and am loving the difficulty of it.

This thread is the reason i patched and believe me what a great difference it makes. :D

Patched during the season by the way, if your tactics & players are right you can certainly score goals.

Good man eddymunster - Im glad the thread has helped.....I know it is helping with my decision a lot.

People say, just patch it...........however if you are happy with the old patch then why bother? As the old saying goes 'if it aint broke, then dont fix it', and for me the game isnt currently broken.

However, your post has added some inspiration to me updating to the new patch..........cheers ;)

i have had to just grit my teeth and start all over again as 10.1 was becoming a disaster for me personally, but have to tip my hat to SI for the changes in 10.2, what a difference :) The most realistic version of the game i have EVER played and am loving the difficulty of it.

Wow - quite a resounding yes from you! lol

The only major change I have noticed is the players fatigue dropping quicker but the rest is all an imporvement. The fatigue thing is more realistic I think. Overall I am impressed with the new patch and haven't had any problems with it. I would defiantly still install it.

No i wouldn't install it knowing what i know now.

I went from a perfectly smooth running game with no complaints, to a game with a considerably smaller db, laggy 3d match engine and delays of around 5 seconds when clicking player names in tactics screens.

I wouldn't touch it with a yours, let alone mine!

Maybe it will work for you though.

• Administrators

I went from a perfectly smooth running game with no complaints, to a game with a considerably smaller db, laggy 3d match engine and delays of around 5 seconds when clicking player names in tactics screens.

Have you tried deleting your settings folder?

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4455401&postcount=30

HOLEY MOLEY!

It is odd how it really does seem to be varying from user to user - the only way I will know for sure is by giving it a blast though I suppose!

way way more realistic now. before i was wondering why should i make all my 3 subs sometimes, not i have a reason :). Loving the new defenders and golies. Just promoted with Vauxhall to BSP, only had 2 games 0:0 and results looked more realistic than before. sure it needs more polishing, but im happy with the new patch

Just tried it, and no change.

Thought i should mention, I have new gpu's installed, with probably twice the power of my old gpu's. Every other game works like a charm with them so I'm pretty certain it isn't my new cards.

Yes i have all the latest drivers installed.

Is there a known issue with any gpu's?

Why so Deisler?

Because I was top of the league with Albacete, with 3 formations that were usable. After patching, I lost 4 straight and drew two. Clearly the ME has changed for the better, but my old formations that were set up to deal with the 10.1 ME are useless now, so I have to go through tweaking and changing and possibly miss out of promotion.

Not as far as we're aware. As said though, we're aware of a random issue affecting some users - we're looking into this. What are you system specs?

Intel core 2duo e6850 processor

2gb DDR2 PC6400 ram

Duel GTS250 1mb gpu's

Vista 32

Running at a decent temp of around 40/50 for the gpu's and cpu, so there is no over heating, and as i said before al other games are running very well.

I was running duel 8800gtx's before with no problems at all.

Because I was top of the league with Albacete, with 3 formations that were usable. After patching, I lost 4 straight and drew two. Clearly the ME has changed for the better, but my old formations that were set up to deal with the 10.1 ME are useless now, so I have to go through tweaking and changing and possibly miss out of promotion.

I don't change the way that I approach the tactical side of the game from version to version. I believe that tactics setup with good footballing sense will always work out well in the match engine. Perhaps it's time for you to start looking at the way that you play the game?

C.

Seems to be player specific which I guess is tied in to their stamina? Stamina use to be one of the first stats I ever put in when searching; no probs with going back to that.

As for the goals, the previous month to patching my scores were 2-2, 5-2, 3-2, 3-2, 3-2 - no matter how I defended I seemed to let in two, but always managed to score (I'm second in league one) - since the patch I had 2-1, 4-2, 0-1, 1-1 and 1-2 (slightly more realistic methinks - the 4-2 was in the cup against a BSQ team when I had to stick in a few U19s to rest the squad; on the plus side one of them scored a hat trick.. :))

I'm happy with it - going to start again tho - my 4-1-3-2 seemd less effective than 4-4-2, but I prefer playing the traditional way anyway

TM

Hmm, I'm quoting myself, how pretentious.... thought an update was on the cards

I didn't start again, and in fact stuck with 4132. I have not really noticed a drop in goals (drew 2 in a row 2-2, then lost 2-3) - I did go thru a period of dominating games and drawing or losing which was getting very frustrating, but I've put it down to a dodgy keeper and my best defender losing it (both are on to pastures new for a tidy profit) - next game I won 3-1 away.

Although my team went from second to eightth in six games, I don't think it was the patch's fault - I'm still happy I patched!!

Hi

My two-penneth worth. I downloaded the patch, then panic set in as I found it harder then understanding dawned on me re how it works, now joy.

It's a harder challenge but definately better (imo).

K..:)

well, after installing new patch 10.2, i notice about this laggy. While playing a match, 3D mode, go to tactic screen, click on to a player to make sub or change role, the game will be freezed for few seconds. This happen for the first click on every time you go from match screen to tactic screen.

just one sentence : why couldn't SI make this 10.2 from the beginning.

one thing I love most is : crossing is no more stupid like in 10.1 . In 10.1, my winger make 80% crossing hit opponent's player. Now in 10.2, 80% they can make a proper cross

so far in my game (2 matches, both away)

2-0 v.s Espanoyl

4-0 v.s Villareal

one on one works well

corner works better than 10.1

through ball more effective

tackling improved

passing : some new moves, lovely

crossing : as it should be

long shot : up to your instruction

for any one said that more challenge, i can only say ... same with 10.1 or even easier if you find the right tactic. With few tweak for new players just bought in, my game run as

2-0 won Esp (A)

4-0 won Villareal (A)

3-0 won Shalke (H)

4-1 won Tenerife (H)

3-0 won Malaga (A)

4-0 won Recreativo (H)

6-0 won Juventus (A)

so have played 7 matches, conceded 1. couldn't do this in last 3 season with 10.1

now R.Madrid play as I want with lovely passing, smart through ball, slot the ball in one on one

I've only played a handful of games. Have to say that I'm getting at least one knock/injury a game which is a little annoying. The fitness thing is good because it will FORCE me to make subs as I normally dont like to make them, although could be tweaked down just a tad. I was most looking forward to better regens as all the PL teams are gobbling up all the 'decent' ones. Just annoyed that I have to start my game again as I'm at the piont where there are no regens worth having and I cant be bothered to wait a season/ two seasons before signing anyone of decent ability :( I hope starting a new save will really prove how good the patch is.

Not as far as we're aware. As said though, we're aware of a random issue affecting some users - we're looking into this. What are you system specs?

So, any other suggestions? or am i quitting the game? because i cant play it like it is.

Player fatigue is now a real tactical consideration - you cant press and close down the entire match and expect the players to have anything left in the tank come full time. Even with 3 subs, half the team ends matches at 69% and will always struggle in the weekend fixture if they played in the ECL mid week. This works ok if you are a top team who uses a slow control based tactic most of the time, but everyone else will struggle like buggery with fitness.

There's an annoying bug in the OI screen where you get 30 seconds of lag when selecting individual players to change their OI.

Also interface lag on team selection screens on match days is back with a vengeance which has personally really started to bloody grate on my nerves.

They keep jiggering about with the match engine too and frankly the new one makes scoring harder. Which is a good thing imho.

Overall, despite the above, the new patch is the best yet. Definitely recommend it. Just remember your long shots/one v one based tactics wont be nearly so effective now.

:thup:

Can anyone from SI confirm they have tweaked one on ones. Cos for me the game seems better and for that i praise your good work.

However, the one issue i do have is that when im going through 1 V 1 with the keeper or a real clear cut chance... i just cannot score. I have decent strikers, finishing and composure above 17... but it seems like these keepers are just sooo hard to beat. Average keepers are now as as good as Casillas it seems and when i played Real Madrid & Casillas 2 games ago.. well... god exists in the form of Iker Casillas.

Jon

• SI Staff

Its possible keepers are a little too good on one on ones. Its 100% something we will assess for 10.3, but at the same time there are people reporting improved one on one conversion rates so we need to be careful.

Thanks for the reply PaulC. Have you guys even started talking about a deadline for for 10.3 ? I understand that so soon after 10.2 and with christmas and new year its hard to commit or tell us specifics. But have you discussed having 10.3 by a certain time / period at the latest?

Jon

I've found 10.2 to be brilliant, except for one thing, i've already posted this in the bugs forum and wanted to know if anyone else is getting this.

I can't send loaned players back to their clubs and there are reports of loaned players not returning to their parent clubs when the loan ends, anyone else noticed this? :confused:

I don't change the way that I approach the tactical side of the game from version to version. I believe that tactics setup with good footballing sense will always work out well in the match engine. Perhaps it's time for you to start looking at the way that you play the game?

C.

Oh, totally. It may have sounded more whiney than it should have been! :o

Will use the close season to work something out.

Installed the patch but now am struggling to score and there is nothing i can do. My team creates a number of chances but my stupid strikers miss clear chances. I dont know why SI take notice of stats rather than use common sense. If a world class striker is clear on goal then most of the time he scores. If his finishing is to be dependent upon stats, then what is the use of attributes?

Some of the users have no problems with the new patch...congrats to them (no sarcasm intended) but there are some of us who are having trouble making the strikers convert their chances.

If SI really do need to temper the goals to a realistic number, then they should make the defenders more intelligent rather than making strikers stupid. I thought the finishing in 9.3 patch was near perfect...strikers did not score from every chance they got but you could see clear difference between good and very good strikers...now i am finding that both Jo and Torres convert the same amount of chances

Will be uninstalling the patch now :( hope that the problem is fixed for 10.3

Its possible keepers are a little too good on one on ones. Its 100% something we will assess for 10.3, but at the same time there are people reporting improved one on one conversion rates so we need to be careful.

Archived