New patch 10.2 - would you install it again given what you now know???

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Downloaded the patch yesterday, finding it a bit annoying with the fitness thing, some players have been ending the matches very very low, 39% fit i think one of them was, may aswell forget about old players, there nackered by half time (realistic i guess), been getting quiet alot of injuries which is the reason i binned FM09 finding it unplayable really because of the huge ammount of injuries. Long shots....... didnt have any problem conceding long shots pre patch and didnt really score that many long shots myself. Im also going to have to fiddle with my tactic as this doesnt do the biz anymore.

Overall i have to say i dont really like it (maybe its because my tactic doesnt work now and results feel random again and i cant sign the usual players i have been) but ill give it another shot tommorow and see how it goes but i do get more of an FM09 feeling with this patch (which is very bad for me as thats the only cm/fm game iv ever given up on) but playing with patch 10.1 i thought the game was fantastic and SI did a really great job this year.

So just my preference but at the moment i think mainly because of the fitness thing i prefer 10.1, but we shall see.

This really isnt a dig, as iv been known to rip fmlive to pieces but i do give credit where its due and i really do think fm10 is an absolutely fantastic game.

By the way if i decide i want 10.1 back how do i remove 10.2 without doing a complete re install???

I suppose in the end it is a matter of opinion whether this patch is better or not. Seems to be very varied responses.

To answer your question regarding removing the patch - I believe there is on ly one way; a complete reinstall.

This is why I am holding bk a little. I dont want to have to load all of my club badges, logos, kits etc again.

Look, unless you are someone who deep down wants a "win" button on the match screen, I recommend you download and install 10.2, because its an improvement overall.

Cheers,

Paul

The point being, if you're a football manager, you're going to need to tweak certain things in line with the improvements made to the game.

Sounds about right to me.

Paul nailed it IMO. If people think about the changes made, they\'d understand (especially in the case of tactics) that some tweaking is going to be required. Probably why SI suggest you to start a new game. Makes things easier.

I think you did actually!

However, it sometimes feels as though discussions arent allowed on this forum. :confused:

A few people gave some feedback to my original question of their experience compaired to the last patch and they receive an aggetated response from a mod.

Anyhow, cheers for the feedback urbanjunkie :)

i asked a serious question and got that stupid answer back. from someome at si aswell

I know i would have seen my a*** as well with that comment about the cape.

I would have accepted it if it was funny, which it wasn't. If you're going to give a sarcastic answer please give it some thought!:o

Guys - I really dont want this thread closed - so if you want to bicker please text each other or something ;)

To respond to the original question then yes i would as the majority seem to be finding it is an improvement overall. I am yet to download and try so as an impartial outsider I will be giving it a go.:thup:

I quite like the match engine changes. I'm a bit annoyed about the amount of ccc's that world class strikers miss (even though it helps me out in my Blackburn save).

One thing though - processing time has increased, but UI responsiveness is way, way down. When I click on 'view highlights' now, there is a distinct gap of a few seconds before it even starts to do anything, pre patch it was instant.

Game seems to have a lot of 'mini-freezes' now too which is not ideal. These seem to happen when switching between player profiles and squad lists.

Only played one game since installing the new patch. Haven't seen any of the concerns mentioned here. My only thought to the folks who are experiencing "super keepers" is to think about where your shots are coming from on the field and how many men are in support of those shots. If we are talking 20 shots from outside the 18, then I think it is reasonable that they could probably be stopped. If we are talking 20 shots from the 6, then we have a problem. Please be more specific about the range of the shots, the number of men in support and the positioning of the defense/keeper at the time of the initial shot. Also, please include if there are rebound opportunities. Finally, it is probably a waste to post about the occasional diving header that you thought should have gone in but was saved anyway. To get to the bottom of this and give SI credible feedback, we need to keep it objective.

• Administrators
I quite like the match engine changes. I'm a bit annoyed about the amount of ccc's that world class strikers miss (even though it helps me out in my Blackburn save).

One thing though - processing time has increased, but UI responsiveness is way, way down. When I click on 'view highlights' now, there is a distinct gap of a few seconds before it even starts to do anything, pre patch it was instant.

Game seems to have a lot of 'mini-freezes' now too which is not ideal. These seem to happen when switching between player profiles and squad lists.

Yeah we have been looking into this, but it's a very random issue. Some people have found deleting the cache does help (details on how to do so in the FAQ). Thanks.

Downloaded the patch yesterday, finding it a bit annoying with the fitness thing, some players have been ending the matches very very low, 39%

I guarantee you that the player had picked up an injury during the match, unless of course the player started the match on 50% fitness. A players fitness wouldn't drop from 90%-30% during a game without a knock.

Some people will always be complainers, no matter what. Keep that in mind.

That's a bit harsh, people just have different preferences.

I, for one, loved 10.1. I thought it was great. For whatever reason the patched version just isn't any fun for me. The tactics and squad I built over 8 seasons is now worthless. I know that it's probably my fault, but I'm not one for extreme micro-management and without that it's tough to have any fun. I don't want to have to issue fifty individual player instructions or risk getting destroyed by a bottom feeder.

That said I love FM and will either figure it out or go back to FM 08.

Played one game, and instantly noticed the keeper heroics. This was before reading any feedback. I was Arsenal vs Inter and Toldo made at least 6 of the most unbelieveable saves, the defying physics type, so SI should maybe look at improving the 3d representation of what's actually happening on the pitch. There is physically no way Toldo could have made those saves.

Don't even have the save to give you 'cos it made me quit in rage and delete the career!

Don't install it. It's terrible for continuing a game you already have, it's completely different. Also once you play a game on 10.2 you can't open it in 10.1. Just awful, fixed a few bugs and created some that have affected my game more than the old ones. Can't score, most games end 0-0, most players are injured and those that aren't have about 65% fitness.

Keep in mind I haven't started a new game, it has just soured my old save.

THIS.

I much preferred the 10.1 version.

There is 0% chance I would have installed 10.2 if I knew the way it played.

- strikers suck

- goalies make gravity defying saves but then next time they will lose the ball in their feet like they are wacked on dope

- injuries are out of freakin control

- fatigue is out of freakin control

- the changes are so drastic that everyone's tactics that took forever to perfect are now completely awful.

The ME is just plain freakin awful. no other way to put it

There is 0% chance I would have installed 10.2 if I knew the way it played.

- strikers suck

- goalies make gravity defying saves but then next time they will lose the ball in their feet like they are wacked on dope

- injuries are out of freakin control

- fatigue is out of freakin control

- the changes are so drastic that everyone's tactics that took forever to perfect are now completely awful.

The ME is just plain freakin awful. no other way to put it

I find none of the above to be true in my game. Just cuz fatigue has been adjusted doesnt mean its out of control do you honesly expect a player to play a game then 3 days later to be at 100% fitness? This just doesnt happen in real life.

I have yet to have a major injury i have had players out for 5 to 9 days but thats it take a look at the list of currently injured players in the premier league i know off hand that Arsenal and West Ham have 5 or more players injured.

Strikers on 10.1 scored way to many goal the current changes are more realistic have you seen a player score more then 50 or even 40 goals a season in real life?

Thanks for telling me my tactic that took 2 mins to put together on 10.1 is awful. There was me thinking it had got me 26 games unbeaten with Adelaide United FC. Must have been a dream I had then.

Previously strikers would score wayyyy to much. Carlton cole scored 30 goals a season and i would always score in a game it was ridiculous. Looking forward to playing with 10.2 this weekend....Dont worry SI you cannot please everyone.

Whatever adjustments went into the strikers is a little weird in my game. 29 league games played 69 scored, not bad. Strikers have accounted for 12. Yet, in the same season a 31 year old Sylvan Ebanks-Blake has already put away 37 prem goals and four AI strikers hit for at least 30. Just seems odd.

Strikers on 10.1 scored way to many goal the current changes are more realistic have you seen a player score more then 50 or even 40 goals a season in real life?

This was the reason that was given in the last version also when world class strikers missed sitters because someone had come with a brilliant stat that strikers only managed to convert less than a third of their shots on target. However what was happening was that until 9.3 patch, strikers missed clear chances including one on ones. I agree that strikers seem to score unrealistically in 10.1 too...but the area to be tweaked is goals scored from long shots or headers (again there is a difference between clear headers and winning headers against defenders) or shots from inside the area when under pressure from defenders.

I have not yet installed the patch but i hope that in order to reduce the number of goals from strikers, their ability to score from clear chances is not reduced. For example even while a world class striker like Wayne Rooney has very low ratio in converting in one on one chances, i think on a season average, a Drogba a Henry or a Torres will finish off more than 80% of their clear chances.

I guarantee you that the player had picked up an injury during the match, unless of course the player started the match on 50% fitness. A players fitness wouldn't drop from 90%-30% during a game without a knock.

Iv deleted the save now so cant check, not sure i could if i hadnt deleted it anyway but Miles Addison playing at dm finished the match at 39% fitness and did not have a green injury marker against him at the end of the game, it was a midweek game so there had been a game at the weekend, iv no idea what he started out at as i didnt want to know untill after the game, but i can tell you i wouldnt have played him if he was 50% 60% or even 70%.

He may have got a knock but nothing to cause a slight injury.

Again, i am not slating Si im just saying that its obviously there or all these people wouldnt be complaining about it. If i dont like it ill reinstall and play 10.1, i dont mind, i didnt have any problems with that patch.

Thank you all for your comments - one thing I am taking from all of this is that 10.2 has made the game more realsitc - which IMO is a good thing.

I am leaning towards downloading this. In the last patch (10.1) people were saying the defending was awful. I myself never found this to be the case. With time dedicated to the tactics I managed to defend well.

I don't know why people keep saying 'it's not realistic for a player to be at 100% fitness 3 or 4 days later'? Erm, when did this ever happen? In 10.1, the most I'd ever have a player on for a midweek game was 95 or 96%, but the majority (especially midfielders) would be around 92-94%. I thought it was already pretty realistic. Not sure where this 100% myth comes from.

I find none of the above to be true in my game. Just cuz fatigue has been adjusted doesnt mean its out of control do you honesly expect a player to play a game then 3 days later to be at 100% fitness? This just doesnt happen in real life.

I have yet to have a major injury i have had players out for 5 to 9 days but thats it take a look at the list of currently injured players in the premier league i know off hand that Arsenal and West Ham have 5 or more players injured.

Archived