Basing Tactics on Real Life Teams

Hello guys,

I'm sure this, in a way, is very simply answered but how many people base their tactics on a team they have seen in real life. For me, I always remember the Monaco team which went to the quarter finals of the CL under Jean Tiguana, who played a 4-4-2 diamond with Henry, Trezeguet, John Collins, Martin Djetou etc.

I also remember Ancelotti's Parma team from 97/98 who played a 3-5-2 with Thuram and Cannavaro at the back, Buffon in goal and Veron pulling the strnigs in midfield. Crespo and Chiesa up front too!!!

In recent times, Argentina's style and football at the World Cup was terrific and I've tried to replicate that. Unsuccesfully to be honest.

Just wondering what teams people remember and what teams people try to emulate in FM based on what they've seen IRL.

Hello guys,

I'm sure this, in a way, is very simply answered but how many people base their tactics on a team they have seen in real life. For me, I always remember the Monaco team which went to the quarter finals of the CL under Jean Tiguana, who played a 4-4-2 diamond with Henry, Trezeguet, John Collins, Martin Djetou etc.

I also remember Ancelotti's Parma team from 97/98 who played a 3-5-2 with Thuram and Cannavaro at the back, Buffon in goal and Veron pulling the strnigs in midfield. Crespo and Chiesa up front too!!!

In recent times, Argentina's style and football at the World Cup was terrific and I've tried to replicate that. Unsuccesfully to be honest.

Just wondering what teams people remember and what teams people try to emulate in FM based on what they've seen IRL.

I'm trying to emulate Ancelotti's diamond from his Milan days. Always been a favourite formation of mines.

Check out this site

http://forums.fm-britain.co.uk/index.php?board=79.0

people on there re-creating all sorts of formations.

Archived