[FM10] Crouchy's Calcio Journeyman Save

crouchaldinho

This has been a fantastic thread to follow, I wish you all the best with your quest!

In fact, given the game I have recently stated, I fancy opening a similar journeyman career thread of my own, along similar lines. It's by far the most ambitious save I've attempted - no less than 128 leagues from 56 countries. It's screaming journeyman! I'm an LLMer, but they would never approve of my tales in their forum, since I used edited league and country extensions. It'll have to live here instead!

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great little thread this. The LLM rules are totally rediculous. There is no way a game can be played as it is in the box, SI themselves agree its impossible hence they open it up to mods. What with licensing issues and a lack of depth in foreign leagues it would be impossible for non UK players to play FM as per LLM rules, unless they chose England. Slightly off topic but isnt the whole notion of LLM a little bit "cism"?

LLM rules are not ridiculous, they are aimed for people who want to play the game as realistic as possible.

Another point is I don't see what licensing has to do with playing LLM or any other way.

Well you cant take a German save for starters and you can play the game as realistic as possible without having to stick to as it came in the box mentality. After all if it was plausible to play as it came in the box why do SI even bother releasing patches?

Aside from this if a player is found in Japan, following LLM rules he would be unable to play the game with any of his favoured teams. So licensing IS an issue. Its not realistic to have a management game without a number of nations simply because of a reason which is not in-game (Licensing). By said logic, LLM rules are ilogical and to be honest a little bit discriminatory.

brigate_gialloblu.jpg

UPDATE FOR APRIL, MAY & JUNE 2016:

Benevento 0 – 0 Hellas Verona (Serie C1/A)

A case of two points dropped here rather than a point gained, especially seeing as top side Modena lost 1-0 away to Ravenna.

We were firmly in charge of possession and ‘won’ the game on chances too. We just couldn’t put the ball in the back of the net.

Benevento are a decent mid-table side with a very good home record, so maybe this wasn’t such a bad result. Couldn’t help but feel that we had really missed an opportunity here though.

Hellas Verona scorers: None.

Hellas Verona MoM: Left-back Giovanni Troiano.

Lucchesse 1 - 1 Hellas Verona (Serie C1/A)

A really tough game against my own personal ‘bogey’ team. Whether it’s Carrarese or Verona, I never seem to get a good performance out of my teams against this side.

We took a first-half lead through an Umberto Eusepi penalty but they equalised as we tired late in the second-half.

We were dominant and in charge of the game and probably should have won it but things just aren’t quite going our way at the moment.

Another missed opportunity as top side Modena won their game. One step forward and two back. We never make things easy for ourselves!

Hellas Verona scorers: Umberto Eusepi (penalty).

Hellas Verona MoM: Luca Ricci.

Hellas Verona 1 – 1 Carrarese (Serie C1/A)

Well, this was really the end of our title challenge as far as I am concerned. You can’t go and draw three in a row at this stage and expect to still be in it.

I was desperate for a win against my old side but we just didn’t turn it on today.

Carrarese actually went in front on 73 minutes and it took an immense fightback in the last 15 minutes for us to get a point. In the end, Dag Alexander Olsen, on as a sub, fired us level with a couple of minutes left on the clock.

Another game where we were in charge but just not firing on all cylinders. The big worry for me at the moment is Davide Vangi, who I have completely failed to get the best out of since he signed for the club in January.

To ease this disappointment, I found that Modena had drawn today, which meant that we were still technically in it. In reality though, we would need results to go our way, and even if we won against Cremonese next week, it still might not be enough. I told the media that I thought it was more or less over. If we are going up, it will be via the play-offs.

Hellas Verona scorers: Dag Alexander Olsen.

Hellas Verona MoM: Dag Alexander Olsen.

Hellas Verona 4 – 1 Cremonese (Serie C1/A)

Here was the reaction I wanted last week and the week before!

We were unstoppable, playing great football, and we were three up at half-time, making it look all too easy.

A goal in the second-half brought Cremonese a consolation but we rounded off the game with a fourth and were simply hugely superior.

Too little, too late though. We needed Modena to drop points to stay in with a chance but they won their game, romping home to the title with a 4-1 victory over Cosenza.

The title race is over and we are left empty handed. All that remains now is to make sure that we finish 2nd and to try to win the play-offs.

Hellas Verona scorers: Luca Ricci x2, Luca Gerbaudo, Wilker.

Padova 2 – 2 Hellas Verona (Serie C1/A)

We needed a draw here at Padova in order to take 2nd place. This was important for two reasons. First of all, 2nd place would mean that if we should draw in one of the play-off ties, we would automatically progress as the highest place sided. Secondly, 2nd place would be some small consolation for all our hard work this season. I wanted the runners-up spot at the very least.

In the end, we got what we needed from this game but it was tight and very difficult. They scored early in the first-half, and it took us until around 70 minutes to get back into it. Minutes later, we fell behind again, only to rescue the point in the last 10 minutes of the match.

2nd place secured, we now needed to get ourselves ready for the play-offs.

Hellas Verona scorers: Wilker, Luca Ricci.

PLAY-OFFS:

Lucchese 0 – 0 Hellas Verona (Serie C1/A Play-off Semi-final, First Leg)

Match Info

I had a bad feeling when we were drawn against my ‘bogey’ team.

As you can see from the screenshot, we were more or less in charge and created more but just couldn’t find a goal.

Other result: Spezia 0 – 0 Padova

Hellas Verona 2 – 1 Lucchese (Serie C1/A Play-off Semi-final, Second Leg)

Match Info

We were totally in charge of this one and deserved the win. Luca Ricci and Umberto Eusepi provided the goals as we went through to the final!

Other result: Padova 0 – 0 Spezia (0-0 on agg. – Spezia win as the higher seed)

Comments: Going into the final against Spezia, I didn’t feel too nervous. I felt that we could go away and get a draw, then come home and finish off the job with a win!

Spezia 1 – 0 Hellas Verona (Serie C1/A Play-off Final, First Leg)

Match Info

The goal came through a bit of a freak long shot which our ‘keeper didn’t deal with too well.

To lose here was really disappointing. It was such an even and tight game and I really felt that we should have come away with a 0-0. But it wasn’t to be.

I wasn’t too worried as I felt that we could take them back to the Bentegodi and win. Winning by a single goal at home would be enough to send us up as the higher seeds.

Hellas Verona 0 – 0 Spezia (Serie C1/A Play-off Final, Second Leg)

(Spezia win 1-0 on aggregate)

Match Info

This was pretty much a disaster as everything went wrong.

First we lost right-back Gabriele Rosati to injury. Then during the game, Luca Ricci picked up a knock early on, which was very disappointing. To have to bring off such a key player in the early stages of the game seemed to really knock our confidence back.

It got worse late in the game when we were chasing the goal, as midfielder Tom Culshaw had to come off with an injury. We had used all our subs and ended up chasing the game with 10 men in a 3-4-2 formation.

We bossed the game in terms of possession and making chances but just didn’t create enough to win it. I’d say that we were incredibly unlucky really and that, over the two legs, we were probably actually the better side. Maybe this is bitterness speaking but I feel that the better side didn’t win.

Manager Comments for April, May & June:

The end to the league campaign was poor to be honest. I was very disappointed with our lack of killer instinct towards the end of the season and when we really needed to show up, we often didn’t.

Our team gelling has never got above the ‘blending’ status all season long, and I feel that has been a key factor. I brought in too many new players over the last season and a half that I have been at the club. We’ve not settled and bedded in as a unit and as a team, and therefore we haven’t quite been consistent enough to win the league.

Most worrying of all, is that Davide Vangi, my expensive January signing, has been a total flop. There could be a few reasons for that. His age, for starters, as he is only 18 and still very young and has a lot of mental development to come. Also, his personality clashes a bit with the squad (I am giving him some tutoring time to help with this). Finally, maybe he would have got on better in a settled team with good gelling but instead he came into a team which was still ‘blending’ and added to the discontinuity of the team. However, it may also have been my inability to find the perfect role for him. How best to incorporate such a talented player without much in the way of physical presence and without much pace to get forward. This will have to be re-evaluated next season as I clearly didn’t get the best out of him.

Despite the negativity of above, we have broken all kinds of records this season and it has been a success, I feel, although not quite as I wanted it to be. It has been our highest league finish for 9 seasons and our highest points tally since Verona won Serie B in 1998/99. We also lost the least amount of games since Verona won the Serie A title back in 1984/85. So that has to be counted as good progress, right?

On the playing side of things, Umberto Eusepi set a new record for most goals scored in a season both overall (29) and in the league (23). Francesco Zarini, our attacking left-back, broke the record for most assists (10), while on loan winger Luca Ricci set a new record for the most man of the match awards won in a season.

All in all, it seems clear that this is the best Verona team for some time. I feel convinced that, with some stability and perhaps some tactical changes to get the best from Davide Vangi, we might be able to win the title next season.

END OF SEASON 2015/16 SUMMARY:

100px-HellasVerona.png

Serie C1/A Standings:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team      |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | C     | Modena    |       | 34    | 19    | 9     | 6     | 45    | 23    | +22   | 66    | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
[b]| 2nd   |       | Verona    |       | 34    | 17    | 12    | 5     | 58    | 32    | +26   | 63    | [/b]
| 3rd   | P     | Spezia    |       | 34    | 17    | 11    | 6     | 43    | 20    | +23   | 62    | 
| 4th   |       | Padova    |       | 34    | 15    | 13    | 6     | 45    | 24    | +21   | 58    | 
| 5th   |       | Lucchese  |       | 34    | 15    | 11    | 8     | 35    | 24    | +11   | 56    | 
| 6th   |       | Carrarese |       | 34    | 13    | 12    | 9     | 42    | 30    | +12   | 51    | 
| 7th   |       | Catanzaro |       | 34    | 13    | 8     | 13    | 43    | 39    | +4    | 47    | 
| 8th   |       | Ravenna   |       | 34    | 13    | 6     | 15    | 35    | 46    | -11   | 45    | 
| 9th   |       | Cisco     |       | 34    | 11    | 10    | 13    | 34    | 42    | -8    | 43    | 
| 10th  |       | Benevento |       | 34    | 11    | 10    | 13    | 23    | 32    | -9    | 43    | 
| 11th  |       | Cosenza   |       | 34    | 12    | 7     | 15    | 37    | 48    | -11   | 43    | 
| 12th  |       | Monza     |       | 34    | 12    | 7     | 15    | 39    | 42    | -3    | 43    | 
| 13th  |       | Novara    |       | 34    | 11    | 10    | 13    | 34    | 36    | -2    | 43    | 
| 14th  |       | Arezzo    |       | 34    | 8     | 11    | 15    | 29    | 39    | -10   | 35    | 
| 15th  |       | Lumezzane |       | 34    | 9     | 7     | 18    | 29    | 44    | -15   | 34    | 
| 16th  | R     | Pescara   |       | 34    | 7     | 12    | 15    | 38    | 47    | -9    | 33    | 
| 17th  | R     | Foggia    |       | 34    | 7     | 11    | 16    | 36    | 58    | -22   | 32    | 
| 18th  | R     | Cremonese |       | 34    | 6     | 13    | 15    | 27    | 46    | -19   | 31    | 

First Team Squad Statistics (all competitions):

| Pkd   | Inf   | Name                 | Apps    | Gls   | Ast   | MoM   | Av Rat| Age   | Nat   | Value | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK    | Hol   | Wil Laschet          | 36      | -     | -     | -     | 6.88  | 19    | BEL   | £275K | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR    | Hol   | Lee Gardener         | 1       | -     | -     | -     | 7.10  | 20    | ENG   | £170K | 
| DL    | Hol   | Francesco Zarini     | 39      | 1     | 10    | 4     | 7.08  | 27    | ITA   | £180K | 
| DC    | Hol   | Sergio Ferrara       | 44      | 3     | 2     | 2     | 6.96  | 20    | ITA   | £300K | 
| DC    | Hol   | Adam Rafael Kokoszka | 43      | 2     | 1     | -     | 6.83  | 29    | POL   | £150K | 
| DMC   | Inj   | Tom Culshaw          | 30 (7)  | 1     | 3     | 1     | 6.88  | 22    | ENG   | £16K  | 
| DMC   | Hol   | Derek Boateng        | 15      | -     | 2     | -     | 6.88  | 33    | GHA   | £140K | 
| AMR   | Hol   | Luca Gerbaudo        | 19 (3)  | 3     | 4     | 2     | 6.90  | 26    | ITA   | £16K  | 
| AMC   | Hol   | Davide Vangi         | 20      | 2     | 6     | 1     | 6.77  | 18    | ITA   | £950K | 
| ST    | Hol   | Umberto Eusepi       | 42 (1)  | 29    | 6     | 8     | 7.25  | 27    | ITA   | £300K | 
| S1    | Hol   | Jesse Joronen        | -       | -     | -     | -     | -     | 23    | FIN   | £40K  | 
| S3    | Hol   | Albert Cano          | 12 (13) | 1     | 2     | -     | 6.81  | 32    | ESP   | £22K  | 
| S4    | Hol   | Nicholas Costantini  | 24 (15) | 2     | 6     | 1     | 6.86  | 26    | ITA   | £250K | 
| S5    | Hol   | Franco Lepore        | 18 (7)  | 3     | 2     | -     | 6.87  | 30    | ITA   | £170K | 
| S6    | Hol   | Jordy Goris          | 7 (3)   | -     | 1     | -     | 6.89  | 23    | BEL   | £18K  | 
| S7    | Hol   | Wilker               | 22 (14) | 7     | 5     | 1     | 6.93  | 28    | BRA   | £250K | 
| -     | Hol   | Álvaro Cejudo        | 7 (15)  | 5     | 1     | 1     | 6.92  | 32    | ESP   | £22K  | 
| -     | Hol   | Julio                | -       | -     | -     | -     | -     | 29    | ESP   | £2.5K | 
| -     | Hol   | Peter Gulácsi        | 10      | -     | -     | -     | 6.88  | 26    | HUN   | £16K  | 
| -     | Hol   | Dag Alexander Olsen  | 2 (12)  | 5     | 4     | 1     | 6.98  | 26    | NOR   | £24K  | 
| -     | Hol   | Kevin                | 11 (15) | 2     | 2     | -     | 6.69  | 24    | ESP   | £200K | 
| -     | Hol   | Flavio Mancuso       | 10 (13) | 2     | 1     | -     | 6.86  | 20    | ITA   | £275K | 
| -     | Hol   | Gabriele Rosati      | 32 (3)  | -     | 1     | -     | 7.08  | 20    | ITA   | £425K | 
| -     | Hol   | Giovanni Troiano     | 6       | -     | 2     | 2     | 7.50  | 19    | ITA   | £300K | 

Carrarese Watch: My old club finished five points outside the play-offs with 51 points from 34 games.

Crouchy's Calcio Journeyman Save - Project 2: Hellas Verona in Serie C1/A (Season Two at the Bentegodi - 2015/16)

100px-HellasVerona.png

End of Season 15/16 Screenshots:

League Table

League Positions Graph

Italian Cup – We didn't enter this cup.

Serie C Cup - A decent run but unfortunately knocked out at the 3rd round group stages.

Transfers - I've decided to do this via a table rather than a screenshot because it's easier to see that way.

IN:

| Date               | Person             | From               | Fee                | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 4.6.2015           | Bonacina, Riccardo | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 9.6.2015           | Troiano, Giovanni  | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 12.6.2015          | Bayarri, David     | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 13.6.2015          | Rosati, Gabriele   | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4.7.2015           | Kurtovic, Zvonimir | FC Bayern          | Free               | 
| 4.7.2015           | Cadeddu, Amedeo    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4.7.2015           | Goris, Jordy       | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 5.7.2015           | van der Steen, Roy | Wolves             | Loan               | 
| 5.7.2015           | Cejudo, Álvaro     | Las Palmas         | Free               | 
| 5.7.2015           | Lepore, Franco     | Chievo             | Free               | 
| 6.7.2015           | Laplace, Nathan    | Wolfsburg          | Free               | 
| 6.7.2015           | Ferrara, Sergio    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 6.7.2015           | Joronen, Jesse     | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 10.7.2015          | Laschet, Wil       | Club Brugge        | £2K                | 
| 10.7.2015          | Gulácsi, Peter     | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 19.7.2015          | Ricci, Luca        | Fiorentina         | Loan               | 
| 9.8.2015           | Mancuso, Flavio    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 27.12.2015         | Jackson, Barry     | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30.12.2015         | Warner, Jack       | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 2.1.2016           | Vangi, Davide      | Carrarese          | £950K              | 
| 19.1.2016          | Molina, Pablo      | Genoa              | Loan               | 
| 20.1.2016          | Boateng, Derek     | Getafe             | Free               | 
|                    | Total              |                    | £950K              | 

OUT:

| Date               | Person               | To                 | Fee                | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1.7.2015           | Yurevich, Alexandr   | Vibonese           | Free               | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1.7.2015           | Giovio, Marco        | Taranto            | Free               | 
| 9.7.2015           | Johnson, Richie      | Llanelli           | £1K                | 
| 9.7.2015           | Víctor Bravo         | Millwall           | £90K               | 
| 10.7.2015          | Russo, Giuseppe      | Grosseto           | £16K               | 
| 10.7.2015          | Panariello, Matteo   |                    | Free               | 
| 10.7.2015          | Bolzoni, Simone      |                    | Free               | 
| 10.7.2015          | Perrella, Roberto    |                    | Free               | 
| 10.7.2015          | Di Nola, Pietro      |                    | Free               | 
| 10.7.2015          | Basso, Mattia        |                    | Free               | 
| 10.7.2015          | Brunacci, Maurizio   |                    | Free               | 
| 10.7.2015          | Walker, Stewart      |                    | Free               | 
| 20.7.2015          | Hayes, Paul          | Montichiari        | Loan               | 
| 27.7.2015          | Joronen, Jesse       | Rovigo             | Loan               | 
| 5.8.2015           | Bracaletti, Andrea   | Rovigo             | Loan               | 
| 12.8.2015          | Ruggeri, Cristian    | Frosinone          | Loan               | 
| 25.8.2015          | Pugliese, Giuseppe   | Pontevedra         | £45K               | 
| 27.8.2015          | Colombo, Riccardo    | Notts Co           | £80K               | 
| 28.8.2015          | Linka, Pawel         | LASK               | £130K              | 
| 29.8.2015          | Greco, Leandro       | Notts Co           | £170K              | 
| 30.8.2015          | Ceccarelli, Luca     | Pescara            | £40K               | 
| 31.8.2015          | Bracaletti, Andrea   | Avellino           | £45K               | 
| 12.12.2015         | Bratt, Nick          |                    | Free               | 
| 1.1.2016           | Douglas, Dave        | Llanelli           | £1K                | 
| 1.1.2016           | Jones, Shaun         | Llanelli           | £1K                | 
| 1.1.2016           | Armstrong, Darren    | Llanelli           | £2K                | 
| 1.1.2016           | Gibbs, Scott         | Hereford           | £1K                | 
| 1.1.2016           | O'Grady, Adam        | Tranmere           | £275K              | 
| 1.1.2016           | Dawson, Nathan       | Tranmere           | £1K                | 
| 1.1.2016           | Adams, Danny         | Llanelli           | £1K                | 
| 1.1.2016           | Proctor, Andy        | Galway Utd         | £1K                | 
| 1.1.2016           | Osbourne, Steve      | Barnet             | £60K               | 
| 1.1.2016           | Howson, Nathan       | Tranmere           | £1K                | 
| 2.1.2016           | Sebwe, Perry         | Nuovo Campobasso   | £4.5K              | 
| 2.1.2016           | Cadeddu, Amedeo      | Avellino           | £230K              | 
| 2.1.2016           | Kurtovic, Zvonimir   | Noicattaro         | £16K               | 
| 2.1.2016           | Morleo, Amedeo       | Montichiari        | £1K                | 
| 2.1.2016           | Marasco, Roberto     | Messina            | £3K                | 
| 2.1.2016           | Bayarri, David       | Venezia            | £130K              | 
| 2.1.2016           | Simoni, Simone       | Montichiari        | £2K                | 
| 2.1.2016           | De Paolis, Gianluca  | Montichiari        | £4K                | 
| 2.1.2016           | Laplace, Nathan      | Mallorca           | £130K              | 
| 2.1.2016           | Sandreani, Antonio   | Cittadella         | £2K                | 
| 2.1.2016           | Bonacina, Riccardo   | Domegliara         | £1K                | 
| 2.1.2016           | Swan, Steven         | Domegliara         | £1K                | 
| 2.1.2016           | Maccarone, Salvatore | Messina            | £50K               | 
| 2.1.2016           | Thompson, Rob        |                    | Free               | 
| 2.1.2016           | Collins, Ed          |                    | Free               | 
| 2.1.2016           | Allen, Craig         |                    | Free               | 
| 2.1.2016           | Moore, Steve         |                    | Free               | 
| 2.1.2016           | Owens, Jordan        |                    | Free               | 
| 2.1.2016           | Day, Luke            |                    | Free               | 
| 2.1.2016           | Davies, Josh         |                    | Free               | 
| 2.1.2016           | Aiello, Nicola       |                    | Free               | 
| 3.1.2016           | Bridges, Scott       | Neath              | £1K                | 
| 6.1.2016           | Holmes, Lee          | Tranmere           | £110K              | 
| 7.1.2016           | Sykes, Michael       | Tranmere           | £1K                | 
| 10.1.2016          | Wright, Steve        | Mezzocorona        | £3.5K              | 
| 11.1.2016          | Jukes, Lee           | Tranmere           | £2K                | 
| 21.1.2016          | Jackson, Dan         |                    | Free               | 
| 21.1.2016          | Daly, Danny          |                    | Free               | 
| 21.1.2016          | Goodwin, Sam         |                    | Free               | 
| 21.1.2016          | Thompson, Sam        |                    | Free               | 
|                    | Total                |                    | £1.7M              | 

Squad - Forgot the screenshot for this. :o Probably easier for me if I direct you to this post. All of the stats are there!

Key players:

Francesco Zarini - An attacking left-back who was with me during my last season at Carrarese. I have a habit of signing decent left-backs and Zarini is another quality one at this level. He chipped in with a massive 10 assists, finding that Luca Ricci, our left winger, gave him lots of space to exploit down the left.

Gabriele Rosati - A new signing who turned out to be a quality defender. We missed him in the play-off final. Totally different to Zarini, who was very attacking, Rosati tended to stay back more and offered us real strength and quality in the defence.

Luca Ricci - A loan player from Fiorentina. Unfortunately, I didn't get the screenshot before he went back. As someone in this thread predicted (I forget who now?) he tore up the league with his pace and dribbling ability. 35 apps, 8 goals, 9 assists and 11 man of the match awards, plus an average rating of 7.57, says it all!

Umberto Eusepi - One of my favourite players in this save. Served me well at Carrarese, always hitting around 20 goals. This season, he had his best ever season, hitting 23 goals in the league and 29 in all competitions. Is probably at his peak right now. A big, strong striker, fairly quick too, who is very reliable in front of goal. I love him. :o Unsurprisingly, Eusepi was voted the fans' player of the year!

Team of the Season.

Career Overview:

Season      	Team      	League      	Position   	Achievements & Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10      	Carrarese   	Serie C2/B   	6th      	(Took over after 17 games)
2010/11      	Carrarese   	Serie C2/C   	1st      	Serie C2/C winners & C2 Super Cup winners (MoY)
2011/12		Carrarese	Serie C1/A	8th
2012/13		Carrarese	Serie C1/A	3rd		3rd in C1/A, Play-off winners, Serie C Cup semi-finalists (MoY runner-up)
2013/14		Carrarese	Serie B		13th		Left at end of season
2014/15 	Hellas Verona	Serie C1/A	13th		(Took over after 15 games)
2015/16		Hellas Verona	Serie C1/A	2nd		Serie C1/A Runners-up & Play-off finalists (MoY 3rd place)

Next Season: Well, the objective is as simple as winning the title next season. After this season, which has left me feeling a little deflated, we really must go one step further and win this damn league. We have the squad here to do it and if I can just keep things settled now, allow the team to gel, and build on this season, we'll be there. The other major thing is to make sure that I work out the best way to deploy Davide Vangi. I feel that he will improve dramatically next season as a result of his tutoring and playing in a more settled team. I will be bringing in very few players during the break and aiming to give this team the stability it needs to go one step further next year.

Tough luck there Crouchy, have been following this with interest. You just can't draw that many matches when it comes to the crunch. It seems that your players know nothing of the crunch.

I don't think they've even heard of the crunch to be honest! :D

I'm putting it down to team gelling really. We never got above 'blending' status. Too many new players since I've joined the club.

Bit of stability next season and I think we've got a real chance.

Unlucky crouch, brave effort and I'm sure you'll be challenging for the Title next term.
Unlucky in the playoffs Crouchy, that's a huge player turn around surely it will take ages for the side to gel properly. Good luck with the following season.

Thanks guys.

Yes Gundo, I think we'll be properly challenging next season.

Acidburn, you're right, too many new players. Need some stability now. The good thing is that the squad is perfect really. I've got everything I need for a title challenge and I ought to be one of the favourites next year.

Well you cant take a German save for starters and you can play the game as realistic as possible without having to stick to as it came in the box mentality. After all if it was plausible to play as it came in the box why do SI even bother releasing patches?

Aside from this if a player is found in Japan, following LLM rules he would be unable to play the game with any of his favoured teams. So licensing IS an issue. Its not realistic to have a management game without a number of nations simply because of a reason which is not in-game (Licensing). By said logic, LLM rules are ilogical and to be honest a little bit discriminatory.

See, you're completely wrong. Downloading official updates (ie SI patches) is encouraged.

And I fail to see in any way how LLM is discriminatory.

As for licensing... the Premier League is not licensed but that is in the game where as the leagues below are licensed.

Also, I've tried to read the first sentence three times and can't make sense of it.

Even more heartbreaking considering we were just three points off the title. If we had just managed to turn two of those draws at the end of the season into wins, the title would have been ours.

And then the play-off final was so tight over both legs, we really didn't deserve to lose. The injuries in the second-leg, when we were chasing the game, were just too much. :( We'll be back next season though!

It's not the first time in my FM career that I have known the heartbreak of losing in the play-offs. I did it FOUR times in a row with St. Albans City back on FM07! :mad: So I know all about how to deal with the pain! You ought to have seen me celebrating when I finally did get that promotion! :D

Crouchaldinho, I noticed when you previously got promoted to Serie B you came 3rd, now the team coming 3rd have also won promotion. Has this pattern been followed at all times?

Nobby - Its pretty obvious what I set. Lets beg to differ as thsi isnt the thread to discuss these things. Mind you, there isn't actually one either. I knew you'd come back with the "SI patches are encouraged" sentence whcih is why I said someone playing with a non licensed team cannot be LLM, which like it or not is discriminatory. The game is a global product not simply an English LLM product. SI would not have it any other way (it'll hurt their bank balance otherwise). As I said though, lets leave it at that.

Crouchaldinho, I noticed when you previously got promoted to Serie B you came 3rd, now the team coming 3rd have also won promotion. Has this pattern been followed at all times?

Nobby - Its pretty obvious what I set. Lets beg to differ as thsi isnt the thread to discuss these things. Mind you, there isn't actually one either. I knew you'd come back with the "SI patches are encouraged" sentence whcih is why I said someone playing with a non licensed team cannot be LLM, which like it or not is discriminatory. The game is a global product not simply an English LLM product. SI would not have it any other way (it'll hurt their bank balance otherwise). As I said though, lets leave it at that.

Don't want to fill up this thread with this, but you're saying choosing to not use the editor is discriminatory?

Don't want to fill up this thread with this, but you're saying choosing to not use the editor is discriminatory?

No. Im saying only allowing ppl to be considered LLM because they havent used the editor is. If you have someone who wants to be LLM within a non licensed country then its impossible for that person to be one and hence would not be included within the relevant forum.

I'm quite sure that it hasn't but I will check next time I fire my game up.

As for the LLM debate, I sort of understand both points of view. I think it's a shame the LLM chaps couldn't come up with some sort of way to allow the editor to be used, like some kind of recommendation over which edited leagues were approved by their community. I kind of understand the stance they have taken but at the same time, I think it will only push people away from the LLM forum in the long-term. I feel that some kind of compromise was needed and a level of trust should be encouraged. After all, isn't LLM supposed to be an attitude and philosophy rather than a bunch of strictly defined rules?

In general, I am quite ambivalent about the LLM forum. On the one hand, given my love of non-League and the fact that I always love to start in the lowest division with the lowest reputation, it seems like the perfect place for me to post. I also like to play the game in a realistic manner and I strongly dislike the idea of using editors or of trying to exploit the game in order to beat it. My philosophy is very much to role-play as manager and to make decisions as I would in real life. However, I would never be accepted in the LLM community for two reasons. The first one is because I love to discuss tactics in the tactics forum. My tactical discussions are always based on real life principles and my tactics are always designed by myself but I know that being involved in such discussions would be frowned upon in LLM. Secondly, I am a non-League researcher for the game, and therefore I know many hidden details about players in the Blue Square South, such as mental attributes, CA and PA. Thus, I know I would never be accepted as an LLMer, which is a shame, but those are the rules!

No. Im saying only allowing ppl to be considered LLM because they havent used the editor is. If you have someone who wants to be LLM within a non licensed country then its impossible for that person to be one and hence would not be included within the relevant forum.

Ok I can understand where you're coming from, the LLM forum causes a bit of confusion for some. It's not a forum for everyone that likes playing in the lower leagues, it's a specific way of playing the game.

It can be aruged that there should be a second LLM forum, for people that want to discuss lower league players & tactics and use the competition editor. It's not discrimination though, it's been around for years now and is just a way they play the game in there.

Well, the ethos of LLM for me personally is to never use the player search tool and to rely solely on your scouts. I know there are a few more 'codes and practices', but essentially, that is what it boils down to, and that's how I play the game. That's what I meant when I said I'm an 'LLMer'. Not a pure one, but a bastard mongrel child of one. ;)

Unlucky Crouchie. As for the Alban's I remember your playoff heartbreak. KUTGW

Thanks! More play-off heartbreak for me this time.

Funny that when I didn't want to win the play-offs with Carrarese, I did, and when I really wanted it with Verona, I lost. :rolleyes:

Looking back over the years in just Serie C1/A, it has been: 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4rd.

Losing in a playoff final is always gutting. I'm sure you'll be promoted next season, your team's just too good to be in that league.

Have any relative 'big names' been demoted from Serie B for next season?

Relegated from Serie B were Vicenza, Cittadella, Varese and Grosseto. The first two teams join our division.

Will be nice to get some games against our fierce rivals Vicenza! I imagine they will be one of our main challengers in the title race this time around too.

Well chaps, I think it is time to take a little break from this save. I have been promising myself a mighty Saints save ever since patch 10.3 came out.

It seems a good time to step back from this one for a while. I will definitely be back though, fear not, as I clearly have unfinished business with Verona, and I want to go on and have lots of success in Italy eventually.

My intention is to play a few seasons of my Saints save and then come back to this one. I'll perhaps alternate them at that point, a season here and a season there.

One thing is for certain and that is that I'll be coming back. I've had some real fun in Italy with this save so far!

jsolloso, can you stop with the text speak please and try to form proper sentences ( assuming english is your first language but if it isnt then sorry )

I didnt! :)

Looking back over the years in just Serie C1/A, it has been: 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4rd.

So there's been a pattern...of sorts.

I kind of understand the stance they have taken but at the same time, I think it will only push people away from the LLM forum in the long-term.

There is an update in the LLM discussion thread. :D

The stance taken by LLM's moderators has actually led to some long term LLMers (Jordi, Aaron, myself and a couple of others) to leave the LLM forum as we wanted to play further down our choosen league's system yet still play the game by all the other LLM ethics we have always abided by. Unless the LLM forum ever allows the use of the competition editor, then we will have to stay away.

Back on FM 07 I was in Serie C1 for years with San Marino. Think after 7/8 seasons I eventually got promoted and only spent a season in Serie B.

Just to clarify, that wasn't my record Scoham. That was the placings of the teams who have won promotion via the play-offs. Jsolloso wanted to know for some reason.

11 seasons in Serie C1 is commitment though Scoham. I'm impressed! :D

This is my record so far in this save:

Season      	Team      	League      	Position   	Achievements & Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10      	Carrarese   	Serie C2/B   	6th      	(Took over after 17 games)
2010/11      	Carrarese   	Serie C2/C   	1st      	Serie C2/C winners & C2 Super Cup winners (MoY)
2011/12		Carrarese	Serie C1/A	8th
2012/13		Carrarese	Serie C1/A	3rd		3rd in Serie C1/A & Serie C Cup semi-finalists (MoY runner-up)
2013/14		Carrarese	Serie B		13th		Left at end of season
2014/15 	Hellas Verona	Serie C1/A	13th		(Took over after 15 games)
2015/16		Hellas Verona	Serie C1/A	2nd		Serie C1/A Runners-up & Play-off finalists (MoY 3rd place)

So out of the 7 seasons so far, I've spent 4 at C1 level. I'm hoping that I'll get back to B next time I fire up this save.

Was a really good save that one, just took until February/March until I started it, eventually really got into it. Was enjoyable even though we weren't getting promoted or winning anything. Some of the screenshots still work as well.

• 1 month later...

Time for a return to my 'Calcio Journeyman' save, I feel.

It gives me the perfect excuse to test out a 4-3-1-2 formation, as I want to get the best from Davide Vangi as the '1' playing trequartista. :cool:

The last time I was playing this, I signed off as Serie C1/A Runners-up and play-off finalists after a pretty disastrous end to the season (some would say typical Crouchaldinho style! ;))

So, time to go all out for that title this time! :)

100px-HellasVerona.png

PRE-SEASON 2016/17:

preseason2016-17verona.jpg

We celebrated some big wins during pre-season.

Also, there was the small matter of the Italian Cup. A terrific 5-0 win at Rodengo saw us through to the 2nd Qualifying Round where we met Serie B side Ascoli. We put in a terrific performance and nearly took it to penalties, only to concede right at the end of extra-time.

Summer Transfers:

2016-17Veronatransferspreseason.jpg

After saying that I wasn't going to change much this season, I ended up selling and buying much more than I originally expected.

I raised £525k through sales, flogging all of our wingers and a few promising youngsters to raise some funds.

Coming in were some pretty unstated signings to give us some strength and depth to the squad. Vance Jovanovski improves our options in central defence, which was much needed. Etzaz Hussain is a hard-working, left-footed Norwegian midfielder who will most likely come straight into the starting XI.

This is the formation we will be playing this season and also the most likely starting XI.

4-3-1-2Verona.jpg

Think typical Italian style football. Rigid philosophy, standard back four zonal marking, three hard-working and technically good central midfielders, one trequartista in front of them (Vangi) and a typical front two of a powerful targetman and a poacher.

Manager Comments for Pre-season:

This is the first team squad for this season:

| Pkd     | Inf     | Name                 | Position   | Nat     | Height  | Weight       | Age     | Value   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| S1      | Wnt     | Rocco Gentile        | GK         | ITA     | 6'1"    | 13 st 9 lbs  | 19      | £250K   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK      | Unh     | Wil Laschet          | GK         | BEL     | 6'2"    | 13 st 3 lbs  | 19      | £250K   | 
| -       | PR      | Adam Rafael Kokoszka | D RC       | POL     | 6'1"    | 12 st 1 lbs  | 29      | £120K   | 
| DC      |         | Vance Jovanovski     | D RC       | MKD     | 6'3"    | 13 st 5 lbs  | 22      | £190K   | 
| DR      | Wnt     | Gabriele Rosati      | D RC       | ITA     | 6'2"    | 13 st 5 lbs  | 20      | £425K   | 
| DC      | Unh     | Sergio Ferrara       | D RC       | ITA     | 6'0"    | 13 st 0 lbs  | 20      | £300K   | 
| -       | Wnt     | Lee Gardener         | D RL, WB R | ENG     | 5'10"   | 11 st 11 lbs | 20      | £190K   | 
| S2      | Loa     | Pablo Molina         | D C        | ARG     | 6'2"    | 13 st 3 lbs  | 21      | £575K   | 
| -       |         | Francesco Zarini     | D/WB L     | ITA     | 6'1"    | 12 st 6 lbs  | 27      | £210K   | 
| DL      | Wnt     | Giovanni Troiano     | D/WB L     | ITA     | 6'0"    | 12 st 6 lbs  | 20      | £250K   | 
| S3      | Wnt     | Derek Boateng        | DM, M C    | GHA     | 5'11"   | 12 st 12 lbs | 33      | £100K   | 
| -       |         | Francesco Magnanelli | DM, M C    | ITA     | 5'10"   | 11 st 6 lbs  | 31      | £80K    | 
| S4      | Wnt     | Nicholas Costantini  | DM, M C    | ITA     | 5'10"   | 12 st 6 lbs  | 27      | £220K   | 
| MC      | PR      | Tom Culshaw          | DM, M C    | ENG     | 5'9"    | 11 st 6 lbs  | 22      | £14K    | 
| MC      | Wnt     | Flavio Mancuso       | DM, M C    | ITA     | 6'0"    | 12 st 12 lbs | 20      | £275K   | 
| -       |         | Silvio Allievi       | M RC       | ITA     | 5'8"    | 11 st 6 lbs  | 18      | £1.4M   | 
| S5      | Wnt     | Álvaro Cejudo        | AM RLC     | ESP     | 5'10"   | 11 st 4 lbs  | 32      | £20K    | 
| S6      | Unh     | Kevin                | AM RC      | ESP     | 5'9"    | 10 st 3 lbs  | 24      | £100K   | 
| MC      | Unf     | Etzaz Hussain        | AM LC      | NOR     | 5'10"   | 11 st 13 lbs | 23      | £70K    | 
| S7      | Wnt     | Wilker               | AM/F C     | BRA     | 5'9"    | 10 st 7 lbs  | 29      | £220K   | 
| -       | Loa     | Christos Mavromatis  | AM/F C     | GRE     | 6'2"    | 13 st 3 lbs  | 19      | £775K   | 
| AMC     | Unh     | Davide Vangi         | AM/F C     | ITA     | 5'10"   | 12 st 3 lbs  | 18      | £950K   | 
| ST      | Unh     | Dag Alexander Olsen  | F C        | NOR     | 5'9"    | 11 st 6 lbs  | 26      | £20K    | 
| ST      | Unf     | Umberto Eusepi       | ST         | ITA     | 6'1"    | 12 st 1 lbs  | 27      | £475K   | 

Thanks AB!

I really fancied working with a 4-3-1-2 and employing a trequartista. I think Vangi is going to be perfect for the role. He has started pretty well. Against Rodengo in the Italian cup, he created 3 goals and got a rating of 9.2.

Anyway, I really wanted a season back in Italy before moving back to my Saints save again. Hopefully, I can take Verona back to B this time!

Excellent timing Crouchy. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread the other day during FM-processing time (currently got an all-leagues-enabled game going on, so there's a fair bit of that) so I'm very pleased to see you resume it. I enjoyed Parks' book as well, looking forward to you knocking those donkeys down :thup:

Thanks PB. :thup:

The media prediction sees us as favourites to finish top.

Vicenza and Cittadella are the sides to have come down from Serie B. Vicenza are predicted to finish 2nd and Cittadella 4th. Padova are the other main challengers and are predicted for 3rd place. Meanwhile, my old club, Carrarese, are predicted to come 5th.

It's going to be a tough league with the top sides all quite close in terms of quality. I think it is going to be really important for us to gel as a team very quickly and to get a run of form going as soon as possible.

100px-HellasVerona.png

UPDATE FOR AUGUST & SEPTEMBER 2016:

AugandSept2016.jpg

Manager Comments for Aug & Sept:

7 games in the league and we managed to record 14 points. This was basically just right according to my target for the month.

We started the month with an absolutely terrific win away to Arezzo but it all went wrong in our first home game of the season against Cittadella. The former Serie B side, and one of the favourites for promotion, somehow managed to take all three points. It was a smash and grab affair and we certainly deserved more from the game. They got the winner in injury time. :mad:

We bounced back and put in some solid performances to end the month on a high. The win away to one of the favourites, Padova, was a real highlight. We are dominating games and I think it can only get better as the team gels. It's also great to see Eusepi and Olsen scoring goals and they are looking like a great partnership up front.

Meanwhile, check out how good our trequartista Davide Vangi is looking:

VangiSep2016.jpg

8 assists from 9 games in all competitions. The only thing I am worried about is the attention he is getting from bigger clubs.

Just look at some of his attributes. Hard-working, determined but also creative and technically excellent. He is probably good enough to be playing in the top half of Serie B or maybe the lower reaches of Serie A. I've got to keep hold of him for as long as possible.

Snapshot of the league table:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Cisco      |       | 7     | 6     | 1     | 0     | 20    | 4     | +16   | 19    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
[b]| 2nd   |       | Verona     |       | 7     | 4     | 2     | 1     | 12    | 5     | +7    | 14    | [/b]
| 3rd   |       | Benevento  |       | 7     | 3     | 4     | 0     | 11    | 7     | +4    | 13    | 
| 4th   |       | Lucchese   |       | 7     | 3     | 4     | 0     | 11    | 7     | +4    | 13    | 
| 5th   |       | Catanzaro  |       | 7     | 3     | 3     | 1     | 7     | 4     | +3    | 12    | 

Damn. :mad:

Just after I made that post, I got my first ever blue screen of doom while running FM10. :(

I have the game on a rolling save every week so luckily I haven't lost much but I'm afraid to say that I have lost the last game I played. The 1-1 draw against Avellino. :( So I will now have to play that match again.

I hate it when this happens. I've been lucky on this FM so far. It happened to me once on FM09 and totally ruined a save for me, so I learnt the hard way that an automatic weekly save is best. I'm just thankful that I had this set as I hate losing progress.

Anyway, I'm just going to play the match like normal rather than attempting to get the same result again. My philosophy when this kind of thing happens is that whatever happened before has gone and you should just play on normally as though it never happened. Knowing my luck, we'll probably lose this time! :D

Won 2-0. :o

Avellinomatch.jpg

Table at the end of September 2016 looks like this now:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | Cisco      |       | 7     | 6     | 0     | 1     | 21    | 6     | +15   | 18    | 
[b]| 2nd   |       | Verona     |       | 7     | 5     | 1     | 1     | 13    | 4     | +9    | 16    | [/b]
| 3rd   |       | Lucchese   |       | 7     | 3     | 4     | 0     | 10    | 6     | +4    | 13    | 
| 4th   |       | Benevento  |       | 7     | 3     | 4     | 0     | 9     | 5     | +4    | 13    | 
| 5th   |       | Vicenza    |       | 7     | 3     | 3     | 1     | 13    | 6     | +7    | 12    | 

Archived