[FM10] Crouchy's Calcio Journeyman Save

crouchaldinho

Why was it the wrong choice for you then Gundo?

I think it would have been the wrong choice for me on this occasion because I didn't feel any interest in Lazio and I would have felt bad leaving Verona at this point in time.

I think if another job came up after I had ensured Verona were safe, and it was the right job (i.e. a club I feel I could build an interest in) then I would take it.

I think what I'm trying to say is you just know deep down if you've made the right decision or not. I am much like you crouchie, in that I need to really like a club before I even consider managing them and after you've made the choice of course there is no going back in my opinion. I think in my case it was the lure of the Italian leagues that was too much to resist, it was the club that wasn't right.

I have a love for Verona in terms of football and the city itself, although it is not Hellas but rivals the Flying Donkeys (ChievoVerona) which is my favorite Italian team.:eek:

Look forward to watching you progress with this save anyways.:)

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think what I'm trying to say is you just know deep down if you've made the right decision or not. I am much like you crouchie, in that I need to really like a club before I even consider managing them and after you've made the choice of course there is no going back in my opinion. I think in my case it was the lure of the Italian leagues that was too much to resist, it was the club that wasn't right.

Yes, I'm with you on that one. :thup:

I have a love for Verona in terms of football and the city itself, although it is not Hellas but rivals the Flying Donkeys (ChievoVerona) which is my favorite Italian team.:eek:

Grrrrrrr! :mad:

Look forward to watching you progress with this save anyways.

Cheers. :)

I made a very very bad choice in my FM09 career game moving from Celtic to Ajax. I hated managing at Celtic because the whole team was unhappy and I just wanted to leave because I had to keep gutting the team every year and jumped at the opportunity to go to Ajax. But PSV were one of the clubs I supported and I couldn't stomach managing that other club.

Crouchy, I thought you were the St. Albans researcher, don't you get a free game every year? I'm definitely getting FM12, because of MLS. And SI never have MLS on the demo so the only way to try it out is to get the game. And I have to get it this October/November because the season's pretty over when it's released every year.

What did you make of the magazine SnakeXe? Will you be ordering the first proper issue?

I've already signed up for the year's subscription for £30 - it's exactly the kind of thing I love reading! I'm up to Gab Marcotti's article about ethics now, absolutely brilliant reading. I did one small module on this sort of thing as part of my University course (Sports Engineering) and it's great to be able to read more about it through the words of one of my favourite sports journalists.

Glad you stayed with Verona, you'd probably have helped your career more with Lazio, but when you have the attachment to the club it's best to stay unless you're 100% sure of the move.

I made a very very bad choice in my FM09 career game moving from Celtic to Ajax. I hated managing at Celtic because the whole team was unhappy and I just wanted to leave because I had to keep gutting the team every year and jumped at the opportunity to go to Ajax. But PSV were one of the clubs I supported and I couldn't stomach managing that other club.

I can understand that. :thup:

Crouchy, I thought you were the St. Albans researcher, don't you get a free game every year?

I am and I do.

It might end with FM12 though because it looks as though the Saints are going to be relegated out of the playable leagues. :(

I've already signed up for the year's subscription for £30 - it's exactly the kind of thing I love reading! I'm up to Gab Marcotti's article about ethics now, absolutely brilliant reading. I did one small module on this sort of thing as part of my University course (Sports Engineering) and it's great to be able to read more about it through the words of one of my favourite sports journalists.

I've just pre-ordered the first proper issue for now. I'll try that out and see what I think before subscribing.

Glad you stayed with Verona, you'd probably have helped your career more with Lazio, but when you have the attachment to the club it's best to stay unless you're 100% sure of the move.

Yes, I think you're right there SnakeXe. That's a good piece of advice.

I have aspirations to move abroad to Spain or England at some point but right now I want to stay in Italy and have some success here. Obviously, the whole point of this 'calcio journeyman' save is to make my name in Italy. I quite like the idea of going somewhere like Roma or Fiorentina next.

One of the long-term aims on this save is to try to 'do a Mourinho' (although he hasn't actually done it himself yet) and win the 'grand slam' of an Italian, Spanish and English league title. So, the general plan is to make it in Italy, try to win Serie A, and then move on to big clubs in Spain and Italy to transfer my knowledge of calcio to those countries. :D

Assuming you conquered Italy, Spain and England, why dont you try it out with French team or German? That way you can say that you conquered every major europe countries.

Well, I only loaded leagues from Italy, Spain and England!

But maybe for a future save. I would really like to manage in France or Germany at some point. :thup:

100px-HellasVerona.png

UPDATE AT THE WINTER BREAK - XMAS 2018:

Season2019-20ResultsPartone.jpg

Manager Comments:

We started the 2018/19 campaign with a good solid win in the Italian Cup. We didn't start quite so brightly in the league though, losing at home to Roma and going through the first four games without recording our first win.

As expected, life in Serie A was tough for us. Expected to be relegated and predicted to finish in last place, we were up against it!

Finally, the first win came, and it was a vital one against our fellow relegation candidates Parma.

VeronavParma.png

A Fabio Mirimin hat-trick repaid my faith in the bringing the striker in during the summer.

In the next couple of games, we dropped points against two other relegation candidates in Empoli and Livorno. The 2-0 home defeat to Livorno was particularly hard to take. We should have been much better.

After five games without a win, we went to the capital to play Lazio and finally came away with three points!

LaziovVerona.png

Unfortunately, my team are infuriating and they then went to the San Siro and got an absolute hammering. Following this, we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory against Catania. In typical Veronese style, we went 2-0 up and ended up at 2-2 by full-time. Frustrating.

We bounced back with another good win though, this time over Udinese.

UdinesevVerona.png

Mirimin has proved invaluable for us as he keeps popping up with goals to win us points here and there.

Once again, though, we went from the sublime to the ridiculous, as we couldn't managed to beat fellow relegation candidates Reggina at home and ended up getting thrashed 3-1. It made me very angry. Will these dropped points against our relegation rivals come back to haunt us?

We got a hammering in the Italian Cup but I played a reserve side, throwing in some young players, because it simply wasn't a priority. We then ended 2018 with a win over AlbinoLeffe, which was sandwiched between heavy losses to Fiorentina and Napoli.

AlbinoLeffevVerona.png

A full league table and some players stats will follow in a minute.

2018/19 WINTER BREAK SUMMARY:

100px-HellasVerona.png

Serie A Standings:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Palermo     |       | 18    | 13    | 3     | 2     | 32    | 11    | +21   | 42    | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | A.C. Milan  |       | 18    | 12    | 4     | 2     | 34    | 13    | +21   | 40    | 
| 3rd   |       | Napoli      |       | 18    | 11    | 6     | 1     | 30    | 11    | +19   | 39    | 
| 4th   |       | Inter       |       | 18    | 10    | 5     | 3     | 22    | 11    | +11   | 35    | 
| 5th   |       | Genoa       |       | 18    | 10    | 4     | 4     | 25    | 14    | +11   | 34    | 
| 6th   |       | Juventus    |       | 18    | 8     | 7     | 3     | 28    | 19    | +9    | 31    | 
| 7th   |       | Catania     |       | 18    | 8     | 4     | 6     | 25    | 18    | +7    | 28    | 
| 8th   |       | Roma        |       | 18    | 6     | 6     | 6     | 20    | 21    | -1    | 24    | 
| 9th   |       | Torino      |       | 18    | 7     | 3     | 8     | 13    | 21    | -8    | 24    | 
| 10th  |       | Fiorentina  |       | 18    | 6     | 5     | 7     | 27    | 22    | +5    | 23    | 
| 11th  |       | Udinese     |       | 18    | 5     | 7     | 6     | 23    | 17    | +6    | 22    | 
| 12th  |       | Empoli      |       | 18    | 5     | 7     | 6     | 19    | 20    | -1    | 22    | 
| 13th  |       | Sampdoria   |       | 18    | 3     | 11    | 4     | 22    | 23    | -1    | 20    | 
| 14th  |       | AlbinoLeffe |       | 18    | 5     | 4     | 9     | 20    | 29    | -9    | 19    | 
| 15th  |       | Livorno     |       | 18    | 3     | 9     | 6     | 10    | 20    | -10   | 18    | 
[b]| 16th  |       | Verona      |       | 18    | 4     | 5     | 9     | 21    | 31    | -10   | 17    | [/b]
| 17th  |       | Reggina     |       | 18    | 3     | 5     | 10    | 13    | 26    | -13   | 14    | 
| 18th  |       | Lazio       |       | 18    | 3     | 5     | 10    | 11    | 22    | -11   | 14    | 
| 19th  |       | Mantova     |       | 18    | 2     | 6     | 10    | 12    | 32    | -20   | 12    | 
| 20th  |       | Parma       |       | 18    | 1     | 4     | 13    | 13    | 39    | -26   | 7     | 

First Team Squad Statistics (all competitions):

| Pkd   | Inf   | Name                     | Position     | Apps  | Gls   | Ast   | MoM   | Av Rat| Age   | Nat   | Value | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK    |       | Rocco Gentile            | GK           | 19    | -     | 1     | -     | 6.76  | 21    | ITA   | £3.3M | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR    | Wnt   | Massimiliano Barrafranca | D/WB RL      | 18 (1)| -     | 1     | -     | 6.43  | 29    | ITA   | £1.2M | 
| DL    | Wnt   | Giovanni Troiano         | D/WB L       | 19    | -     | 1     | 2     | 6.91  | 22    | ITA   | £700K | 
| DC    |       | Leandro Gioda            | SW, D C      | 19    | -     | -     | -     | 6.82  | 34    | ARG   | £550K | 
| DC    |       | Sergiy Klymenko          | D C          | 14 (2)| -     | -     | -     | 6.39  | 18    | UKR   | £2.5M | 
| MR    | PR    | Milan Krunic             | AM RC        | 18 (1)| 3     | 1     | -     | 6.96  | 23    | SRB   | £775K | 
| ML    | PR    | Luca Ricci               | AM RLC       | 19    | 1     | 1     | 2     | 7.16  | 22    | ITA   | £3.4M | 
| MC    | PR    | Sergio Paredes           | D C, DM, M C | 18    | -     | 3     | -     | 6.73  | 19    | CHI   | £3M   | 
| MC    |       | Silvio Allievi           | M RC         | 2     | -     | -     | -     | 6.70  | 20    | ITA   | £5M   | 
| ST    |       | Davide Vangi             | AM/F C       | 19    | 4     | 4     | 2     | 6.55  | 21    | ITA   | £2.6M | 
| ST    | Wnt   | Fabio Mirimin            | ST           | 19    | 10    | 2     | 1     | 6.83  | 26    | ITA   | £500K | 
| S1    |       | Héctor Flores            | GK           | 1     | -     | -     | -     | 6.90  | 19    | MEX   | £275K | 
| S2    | PR    | Cosimo Paoletti          | D RL         | 1 (1) | -     | -     | -     | 5.80  | 19    | ITA   | £1.8M | 
| S3    | Unh   | Cosmin Moţi              | D C          | 5 (7) | -     | -     | -     | 6.16  | 34    | ROU   | £90K  | 
| S4    |       | Felipe Melo              | DM, M C      | 2 (6) | -     | 1     | -     | 6.80  | 35    | BRA   | £160K | 
| S5    |       | Kevin                    | AM RC        | 2 (9) | 1     | 1     | -     | 6.74  | 26    | ESP   | £1.4M | 
| S6    | Slt   | Ashkan Dejagah           | AM RL        | 1 (5) | -     | 1     | -     | 6.45  | 32    | GER   | £1.2M | 
| S7    | Wnt   | Paolo Ferrieri           | ST           | 0 (15)| 4     | -     | -     | 6.73  | 24    | ITA   | £1.3M | 
| -     |       | Umberto Eusepi           | ST           | 1     | -     | -     | -     | 6.60  | 29    | ITA   | £550K | 
| -     | Unh   | Fredy Montero            | F C          | 1     | -     | -     | -     | 6.80  | 31    | COL   | £1M   | 
| -     | Unh   | Jacopo Sala              | AM RC        | -     | -     | -     | -     | -     | 27    | ITA   | £1.3M | 
| -     |       | Etzaz Hussain            | AM LC        | -     | -     | -     | -     | -     | 25    | NOR   | £1.3M | 
| -     |       | Tom Culshaw              | DM, M C      | 0 (2) | -     | -     | -     | 6.65  | 24    | ENG   | £1.2M | 
| -     | PR    | Flavio Mancuso           | DM, M C      | 18    | -     | 5     | -     | 6.76  | 23    | ITA   | £1.3M | 

I'm impressed with the return from Fabio Mirimin considering how little I paid for him. 10 goals from 19 games in Serie A isn't bad, especially considering the fact that he is playing in a poor, struggling side. I only paid £500k for this striking sensation. ;)

At this stage, I'm mainly concerned by the points dropped against teams around us and whether or not that will come back to haunt us later. We dropped points in games against the likes of Livorno, Reggina, Mantova etc., but somehow we've managed to win when it has seemed much harder! Three out of four of our victories so far have come away from home!

I've played on a little past the winter break. I just had to share this result with you guys and especially with Romanista1994! :p

RomavVerona.png

We were absolutely pummelled for 90 minutes and then totally stole the win in the very last minute of injury time. The Roma fans would no doubt be calling us thieves!

That really was a smash and grab victory. The key seemed to be the fact that I played down our chances in the media, told the players no pressure and praised them at half-time when we got in at 0-0. We also played really defensive football and I just had a feeling, as Roma weren't making quality chances, that we would get something if we could just get one chance. And that we did!

I've never celebrated a victory quite like this one. A vital three points in our survival campaign!

We seem to love our trips to the capital. We've beaten Lazio and Roma this season by the same score. :cool:

You need to improve his heading.. Not good for a DC :p

He's still young so plenty of time to develop and the ingredients for a quality centre-back are there.

I beat off a fair bit of competition from other Serie A sides to get him, believe it or not. I was quite surprised he picked us but I wonder if it was because we could offer him the likelihood of some first team football, whereas he would just be a fringe player for most other sides.

Would've been much, much worse if you did that with Lazio. And in FM Karma becomes chairman. :p

Centofanti looks awesome, he has jumping and speed, good mental stats and good marking (I don't care too much about the rest). :thup:

Could do with an Italian CB talent in my own save, the last one my academy produced has been stagnating. :/

Excellent stuff so far Crouchy. Mirimin has proven to be a fine signing. Did you not fel the need to buy another striker after the selling of your back-up?

I couldn't find a decent striker at a good price. I decided to stick with what I've got. I do have a couple of other options, although they probably aren't good enough for the level.

Mirimin has done excellently!

Yes, I've been really pleased with him.

How's Klymenko doing? Looks like he's made your first team but his average rating is pretty poor.

He hasn't done great. I've been rotating him with Moti but both seem to regularly have nightmare games. That's why I've gone out and bought Centofanti.

He hasn't done great. I've been rotating him with Moti but both seem to regularly have nightmare games. That's why I've gone out and bought Centofanti.

FWIW on FM10 I always found one of my DCs (the right one I think) would constantly play very well, 7.5 or so average rating, whilst the other (left) would be around 6.7. When the right sided guy was up for retirement, I moved the left sided one over to the right, and brought in someone else to play on the left.

The previously-meh defender then started hitting 7.5 averages, whilst the new guy was poor. My DCs were set up exactly the same - and herein lies the problem I think. We'll have to see if Centofani performs any better!

Crouchy's Calcio Journeyman Save - Project 2: Hellas Verona in Serie A (Season Five at the Bentegodi - 2018/19)

100px-HellasVerona.png

End of Season 18/19 Screenshots:

League Table - We were always going to be hugely up against it this season. When I got promoted to the Premier League with the Saints, I had the luxury of a huge transfer budget given to me by my chairman. Here at Verona, I had no such luxury on our return to Serie A, so it made life very difficult. It was much more of a challenge, that's for sure. We were given huge odds for most games, no chance of staying up and we didn't really have quality players for this level. Indeed, most of my lads are Serie B standard. The aim was always going to be getting to around 40 points and staying clear of relegation. I know it's perhaps more exciting when you win titles and stuff but this relegation battle actually gave me more of a thrill at times, especially when we got an unlikely result in a game where the odds were stacked against us. The only time it got boring was towards the end of the season when it appeared that we were safe and had nothing to play for.

League results Part one

League results Part two

League Positions Graph - A slow start as we bounced around near the bottom but in the end the bottom three were pretty clear cut and we managed to pull away from them. The key was learning to bounce back from defeat pretty quickly. I think man management, rather than the tactical element, saved us this season. It was really important to keep heads up and take the pressure away so that they could go out and quickly overcome any bad runs of form.

Italian Cup – Just a couple of games. I played the fringe players and we got knocked out as soon as possible. Some of the clubs below us had a bit of a run in this competition and I don't think it helped them at all. For us, this wasn't a priority and I was glad to be rid of it so that we could concentrate on the real business of survival.

Transfers - We brought in £6.75m with the sale of players and spent £6m to strengthen the team. I like to think that I did some good wheeling and dealing here. Without much money to spend, I had to fashion a squad to survive in Serie A, and I achieved that so I'm pleased. Mirimin for £500k was an absolute bargain and stroke of genius, even if I do say so myself. :p

Key players (ordered from defence to attack):

Giovanni Troiano - A young attacking left-back who had a very solid season for us.

Flavio Mancuso - Stepped up to the level pretty well. Scored a few quality goals and also was involved in setting up a fair number too.

Milan Krunic - Joined on loan and really made a decent impact. He is quick with good agility and balance, plus great technical ability. His ability to anticipate things and his work rate are also a good bonus. May look to sign him up.

Luca Ricci - Stepped up to the level fairly easily and did very well in a struggling team. He is really all about his pace, balance and

technical ability. He won the player of the year award for the second year running.

Fabio Mirimin - I was really pleased with how this signing worked out. I didn't expect as much as we got out of him, to be quite honest, and his goals were one of the main reasons we managed to stay in the league. His anticipation, first touch and ability to take on his man given him an edge, and he also has good strength and excellent work rate. A bargain at only £500k. Signing of the season.

Team of the Season.

Career Overview:

Season      	Team      	League      	Position   	Achievements & Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10      	Carrarese   	Serie C2/B   	6th      	(Took over after 17 games)
2010/11      	Carrarese   	Serie C2/C   	[b]1st      	[/b][b]Serie C2/C winners[/b] & [b]C2 Super Cup winners[/b] (MoY)
2011/12		Carrarese	Serie C1/A	8th
2012/13		Carrarese	Serie C1/A	3rd		3rd in C1/A, [b]Play-off winners[/b], Serie C Cup semi-finalists (MoY runner-up)
2013/14		Carrarese	Serie B		13th		Left at end of season
2014/15 	Hellas Verona	Serie C1/A	13th		(Took over after 15 games)
2015/16		Hellas Verona	Serie C1/A	2nd		Serie C1/A Runners-up & Play-off finalists (MoY 3rd place)
2016/17		Hellas Verona	Serie C1/A	[b]1st[/b]		[b]C1/A Champions[/b], [b]Serie C Cup winners[/b], [b]C1 Super Cup winners[/b] (MoY)
2017/18		Hellas Verona	Serie B		3rd		[b]Play-off winners[/b]. Promotion!
2018/19		Hellas Verona	Serie A		16th		Survival!

Misc. screenshots:

Verona's Fabio Mirimin is signing of the season!

This screenshot shows the difference between the top clubs and Hellas Verona. :(

Next Season: I expressed my interested in the Fiorentina job but was considered only an outsider for the position. At present, it looks as though I'm staying in Verona.

I'm happy at Verona and enjoying my time here but last season was a bit of a struggle towards the end when we had nothing to play for. Next season, I think I will really start to get fed up if we end up in mid-table with no real chance of challenging for Europe but also no threat of relegation.

I'm hoping to improve on 16th place, obviously. I really need to try to get the best out of Vangi because he had an up and down season and was quite inconsistent. We won't have a lot of money to spend, so the priority will be to invest wisely in younger players. I'm gearing up for another tough season but hopefully we'll make some progress in the right direction and I've still got an eye out for the Fiorentina or Roma jobs!

END OF SEASON 2018/19 SUMMARY:

100px-HellasVerona.png

Serie B Final Standings:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   | C     | A.C. Milan  |       | 38    | 26    | 6     | 6     | 66    | 29    | +37   | 84    | 
| 2nd   |       | Napoli      |       | 38    | 21    | 15    | 2     | 63    | 25    | +38   | 78    | 
| 3rd   |       | Palermo     |       | 38    | 21    | 10    | 7     | 53    | 25    | +28   | 73    | 
| 4th   |       | Genoa       |       | 38    | 18    | 14    | 6     | 62    | 39    | +23   | 68    | 
| 5th   |       | Inter       |       | 38    | 19    | 11    | 8     | 53    | 33    | +20   | 68    | 
| 6th   |       | Juventus    |       | 38    | 18    | 12    | 8     | 55    | 32    | +23   | 66    | 
| 7th   |       | Catania     |       | 38    | 17    | 8     | 13    | 49    | 44    | +5    | 59    | 
| 8th   |       | Roma        |       | 38    | 16    | 11    | 11    | 51    | 42    | +9    | 59    | 
| 9th   |       | Udinese     |       | 38    | 15    | 12    | 11    | 54    | 36    | +18   | 57    | 
| 10th  |       | Fiorentina  |       | 38    | 14    | 10    | 14    | 63    | 52    | +11   | 52    | 
| 11th  |       | Torino      |       | 38    | 13    | 9     | 16    | 37    | 46    | -9    | 48    | 
| 12th  |       | Sampdoria   |       | 38    | 9     | 20    | 9     | 47    | 43    | +4    | 47    | 
| 13th  |       | Empoli      |       | 38    | 12    | 10    | 16    | 43    | 49    | -6    | 46    | 
| 14th  |       | Lazio       |       | 38    | 11    | 10    | 17    | 31    | 41    | -10   | 43    | 
| 15th  |       | AlbinoLeffe |       | 38    | 10    | 10    | 18    | 40    | 57    | -17   | 40    | 
[b]| 16th  |       | Verona      |       | 38    | 10    | 9     | 19    | 44    | 65    | -21   | 39    | [/b]
| 17th  |       | Livorno     |       | 38    | 7     | 12    | 19    | 20    | 46    | -26   | 33    | 
| 18th  | R     | Reggina     |       | 38    | 5     | 11    | 22    | 18    | 54    | -36   | 26    | 
| 19th  | R     | Mantova     |       | 38    | 5     | 9     | 24    | 24    | 68    | -44   | 24    | 
| 20th  | R     | Parma       |       | 38    | 4     | 9     | 25    | 30    | 77    | -47   | 21    | 

First Team Squad Statistics (all competitions):

| Pkd   | Inf   | Name                     | Position     | Apps  | Gls   | Ast   | MoM   | Av Rat| Age   | Nat   | Value | 
| GK    | Hol   | Rocco Gentile            | GK           | 39    | -     | 1     | 1     | 6.74  | 22    | ITA   | £3.1M | 
| DR    | Hol   | Massimiliano Barrafranca | D/WB RL      | 36 (1)| -     | 2     | -     | 6.38  | 30    | ITA   | £725K | 
| DL    | Hol   | Giovanni Troiano         | D/WB L       | 36    | -     | 2     | 2     | 6.91  | 22    | ITA   | £2.4M | 
| DC    | Inj   | Sergiy Klymenko          | D C          | 31 (2)| 1     | 1     | -     | 6.58  | 18    | UKR   | £2.4M | 
| DC    | Hol   | Antonio Centofanti       | D C          | 5 (3) | -     | -     | -     | 6.54  | 19    | ITA   | £2M   | 
| MR    | Hol   | Milan Krunic             | AM RC        | 32 (2)| 4     | 4     | 2     | 6.94  | 24    | SRB   | £1.1M | 
| ML    | Hol   | Luca Ricci               | AM RLC       | 38    | 1     | 3     | 2     | 7.06  | 23    | ITA   | £3.3M | 
| MC    | Hol   | Sergio Paredes           | D C, DM, M C | 29    | -     | 3     | -     | 6.72  | 20    | CHI   | £3.4M | 
| MC    | Hol   | Flavio Mancuso           | DM, M C      | 38    | 3     | 7     | -     | 6.75  | 23    | ITA   | £1.5M | 
| ST    | Hol   | Davide Vangi             | AM/F C       | 39    | 7     | 5     | 2     | 6.45  | 21    | ITA   | £2.5M | 
| ST    | Hol   | Fabio Mirimin            | ST           | 39    | 21    | 5     | 5     | 6.94  | 26    | ITA   | £5.75M| 
| S1    | Hol   | Héctor Flores            | GK           | 1     | -     | -     | -     | 6.90  | 19    | MEX   | £375K | 
| S2    | Hol   | Cosimo Paoletti          | D RL         | 6 (7) | -     | 2     | -     | 6.39  | 20    | ITA   | £1.4M | 
| S3    | Hol   | Cosmin Moţi              | D RC         | 6 (8) | -     | -     | -     | 6.15  | 34    | ROU   | £26K  | 
| S4    | Hol   | Felipe Melo              | DM, M C      | 7 (9) | -     | 1     | -     | 6.68  | 35    | BRA   | £65K  | 
| S5    | Hol   | Kevin                    | AM RC        | 8 (15)| 2     | 1     | -     | 6.65  | 27    | ESP   | £1.4M | 
| S6    | Hol   | Ashkan Dejagah           | AM RL        | 2 (10)| -     | 2     | -     | 6.62  | 32    | GER   | £625K | 
| S7    | Hol   | Fredy Montero            | F C          | 1 (7) | -     | -     | -     | 6.59  | 31    | COL   | £375K | 
| -     | Hol   | Leandro Gioda            | SW, D C      | 36 (1)| 1     | -     | -     | 6.83  | 34    | ARG   | £350K | 
| -     | Hol   | Umberto Eusepi           | ST           | 1     | -     | -     | -     | 6.60  | 30    | ITA   | £575K | 
| -     | Hol   | Jacopo Sala              | AM RC        | 0 (3) | -     | -     | -     | 6.50  | 27    | ITA   | £1.7M | 
| -     | Hol   | Etzaz Hussain            | AM LC        | 0 (6) | -     | 1     | -     | 6.70  | 26    | NOR   | £1.7M | 
| -     | Hol   | Tom Culshaw              | DM, M C      | 2 (6) | -     | -     | -     | 6.70  | 24    | ENG   | £825K | 
| -     | Hol   | Silvio Allievi           | M RC         | 4 (8) | 1     | 1     | -     | 6.56  | 21    | ITA   | £4.4M | 

My Carrarese Record (2009 - 2014 [1,660 days]):

P 	W 	D 	L 	F	A	Win % 		Competitions Won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
185	87	53	45	285	184	47%		Serie C2/C Champions
							C2 Super Cup winners
							Serie C1/A Play-off winners

My Hellas Verona Record (2014 - Present [1,663 days so far]):

P 	W 	D 	L 	F	A	Win % 		Competitions Won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
199 	105	46	48	313	193	52.76%		Serie B Play-off winners
							Serie C1/A Champions
							Serie C Cup winners
							C1 Super Cup winners

Good work on survival. I see Lazio didn't end up that much further up the table.

Where was Vangi playing for the under 21s? Is he going to flourish in a 4-4-2? Also don't forget that he is still 21. Might take him a bit of time to get up to Serie A spec.

Good work on survival. I see Lazio didn't end up that much further up the table.

No they didn't. With the transfer budget they had and the players at their disposal already, I would have finished in a higher position had I been in charge. :p

Where was Vangi playing for the under 21s? Is he going to flourish in a 4-4-2?

He was playing central striker in a 4-4-2 for Italy U21s. As the deeper-lying striker too!

I think he should flourish in a 4-4-2. I make him second striker with plenty of freedom to play as he sees fit. It's a fluid system too.

Also don't forget that he is still 21. Might take him a bit of time to get up to Serie A spec.

He did well enough for me at Serie B level. I think you've hit the nail on the head in terms of age though. He needs more time to develop and to become more consistent.

Davide Vangi finishes as the tournament's top scorer. How do I get him to translate this kind of form back to Serie A with Hellas Verona!

Play him in the youth squad obviously. ;)

Well done on staying up. :thup: Just a shame that Lazio weren't relegated after being in the drop zone at the half-way stage.

Play him in the youth squad obviously. ;)

Well done on staying up. :thup: Just a shame that Lazio weren't relegated after being in the drop zone at the half-way stage.

Yeah, your hatred of Lazio is starting to rub off on me. I was really hoping they would go down and looking out for their results hoping that they would lose. :D

Since coming back to this save, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a small club to big club, one club, kind of guy.

I don't think that I really like the journeyman game as it presents too much of a distraction when managing your current club (e.g. always looking to the next job). I always quite like the idea of it but in practice it never quite works out for me. :( I also prefer the pace of playing with just one country's leagues loaded and a smaller database.

Whilst I love playing as Hellas Verona, I'm not sure whether or not I will go further with this save. I've loved my time with Hellas Verona and I'd like to continue on but the speed of the save is getting me down a little bit. I'm almost tempted to start a new save in Italy with just Italy loaded and a slightly smaller database. I do love Italian football on FM and I'd be so tempted to return for a small club to big club save here like SnakeXe's Messina one.

It seems a shame to leave things here though whilst I'm on the verge of Serie A greatness. :p I've no idea what to do right now. :(

Just loaded it up and I'm never leaving it again (until FM12 anyway!) :D

Loureiro, Kooiman, Vega, Vitone, Aguero, Arguelles and my 4-2-3-1 formation - everything that was completely missing from my journeyman save. 10-year plus relationships with players, instilling a tactical philosophy at the club, the classic number 10, how I missed thee :o

Just loaded it up and I'm never leaving it again (until FM12 anyway!) :D

Ah, good news. :thup:

Loureiro, Kooiman, Vega, Vitone, Aguero, Arguelles and my 4-2-3-1 formation

I know the feeling well. Even returning to this save, I was thrilled to find Umberto Eusepi, Davide Vangi etc.

If I return to the Saints, I'll be thrilled to find Dean Smith, Christobal Alonso, Michael Ball, Guillermo Decima, Jake Cole, Grace Ngome, Michel Vermeer etc. etc.!

everything that was completely missing from my journeyman save. 10-year plus relationships with players, instilling a tactical philosophy at the club, the classic number 10, how I missed thee :o

Yes, I think this is why I am also a small club to big club, one club, kind of guy. Building something special and the legacy that goes with it can be lost in a journeyman save. :(

Go manage Montenegro then you can be Zlatko Crouchjcar ;)

Yeah I think my self-imposed 2-season limit was a mistake for my first ever proper attempt at a journeyman save. Too different too soon I think! Perhaps on FM12 I'll start a normal one where I can just move on when I feel it's right/necessary :)

Go manage Montenegro then you can be Zlatko Crouchjcar ;)

Ha! Not quite sure about that! :p

Yeah I think my self-imposed 2-season limit was a mistake for my first ever proper attempt at a journeyman save. Too different too soon I think! Perhaps on FM12 I'll start a normal one where I can just move on when I feel it's right/necessary)

Yeah, I think you might have set yourself up for difficulties there. Journeyman games can really drag on when you're always looking to the next job. You get to a stage where you lose focus of the immediate goal and start to desire a move and then it can become very stale very quickly. I think that was your mistake unfortunately.

I also think you need an awesome machine to run a good journeyman. I only have Italy, Spain and England loaded in this save but my machine struggles along a bit.

I'd definitely stick with this and just stay at Hellas Verona if it wasn't for that. Had I just loaded all Italy with a medium database then I'd be playing on now. :(

The speed has put me off a bit. That's not to say that I won't come back to it but I'm a bit fed up for now.

Still, I've had an interesting 10 years in Italy and at least had some success and made it to Serie A. Some very good memories from the save.

Who knows, I might come back. I will save it somewhere.

Like you, SnakeXe, I fancy going back to the happy and familiar place of my favourite save. I bet it was good to reopen that Messina save and to discover the joys you left behind! ;)

Agreed on the reasons for my journeyman save being crap. I'll try it again, I know, but probably not til FM12. I might rebuild my desktop before that so I have a really good machine to run plenty of leagues on. My laptop is nice, being able to sit in front of the TV and all, but it'll never match a desktop for performance.

Like you, SnakeXe, I fancy going back to the happy and familiar place of my favourite save. I bet it was good to reopen that Messina save and to discover the joys you left behind! ;)

It was pretty excellent - looking forward to my first match back even more I have to say. Can't wait to see Vega dink a perfectly-weighted pass over the top or Loureiro burst forward from right-back to deliver a telling cross :D

Archived