My 2 biggest long term gripes with FM.

These two issues have really got my goat over the last few editions of FM. See if you agree.

1) Cup games at neutral venues -semi's/final

Its always bugged me that the team drawn at "home" seems to get a home advantage even though they aren't actually at home. Even in the match reports and summary pages it says things like "the home team". Just a small gripe but still something that could maybe do with sorting perhaps?

2) Team talks for 2nd leg of cup ties

Why can't i do the team talk for the 2nd leg as if the 1st had never happened, or at least tell the players to forget what happened in the 1st leg. I was playing a champions league semi 1st leg at home versus Juventus and drew 1-1. When it came to my 2nd leg, i found the team talk options very limited and not really relevant. The options seemed to take into account the 1st leg, making the end of the 1st match seem like half time in the game rather than the tie overall. Thankfully, Juve had 2 players sent off and i beat them 4-1 (5-2 overall) but i needed extra time.

What do you guys think? Do you agree or disagree?

Two things that do strike me. The 2nd leg team talks confuse me more than anything, so I generally leave the first one blank if we did okay in the first leg and then say what I need to at HT. Either that or wish them luck.

As for Cup games, I can only hope (and believe) it's purely a superficial thing and just based on sorting and the way the text is generated by default.

Small issues but certainly areas for improvement/fixing. :thup:

Archived