894 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version of this tactic has worke the best for you

• Original complete Dominace for patch 10.0 and 10.1
    • Complete Dominace 10.2
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Craggswfc Better Defence
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Ohanzee's Classic Tweak
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 The Hybrid/Joint Venture
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Elephant Stones Nike Defence

yeah jack this is proberly my best tactic, quite a statement some of the tactics i've made but try it mate it's pretty good.

If you did sell your wingers invest in a ACM look at the player stats that i've put,

The ACM is key in this tactic

OK, Mr H. I was at the start of a new season so spent the evening selling my prized wingers and brining in new faces to fit your new tactic - most notably a couple of AMCs as my old formation didn't use them so I had none (well none that were any good).

I've played 7 games so far, all friendlies. Now granted they're only friendlies, but I also had 9 new players trying to gel into my squad.

The early signs are simply fantastic!

friendlies.th.jpg

It looks like you've topped your already impressive previous efforts with this one Mr H.

The only goal I conceded was a penalty too.

The AMC does indeed run the show, but the entire team plays some lovely football through the middle of the pitch, cutting the opposition apart. Another thing that works well with the play through middle is the space it leaves on the flanks for the FBs to exploit. Sometimes they have acres of space to deliver a cross from.

Great work again.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is your latest tweaked tactic, with all hough's tweaks up?

Yes it is.... just played wigan however at home... tweaked it a little more won 3-0 with the target striker on 14 goals in 15 games at mo...

Second in prem so far... with goals for 17 conceded 3.

Second best in league for goals scored and best in league for least conceded.

Looking forward to united game... be the one to make or break tactic I think...

Yes it is.... just played wigan however at home... tweaked it a little more won 3-0 with the target striker on 14 goals in 15 games at mo...

You going to upload again with new tweaks?

What new settings or tweaks have you given the striker ?

OK, Mr H. I was at the start of a new season so spent the evening selling my prized wingers and brining in new faces to fit your new tactic - most notably a couple of AMCs as my old formation didn't use them so I had none (well none that were any good).

I've played 7 games so far, all friendlies. Now granted they're only friendlies, but I also had 9 new players trying to gel into my squad.

The early signs are simply fantastic!

friendlies.th.jpg

It looks like you've topped your already impressive previous efforts with this one Mr H.

The only goal I conceded was a penalty too.

The AMC does indeed run the show, but the entire team plays some lovely football through the middle of the pitch, cutting the opposition apart. Another thing that works well with the play through middle is the space it leaves on the flanks for the FBs to exploit. Sometimes they have acres of space to deliver a cross from.

Great work again.

thanks mate i'm glad you like the tactic a hell of alot of work theory tweaking testing goes into the tactics that i make i still have alot of ideas but i'm gonna wait till the new patch comes out test them

theres a reason behind why the opp are scoring so many goals from long distance they need to be closed down quicker and harder with out giving away silly fouls or too much space in your area

it's very hard to do but it's litrally 2 or 3 notches on closing down

I'm gonna have a look tomorrow night and i'll post my results and what i think

Ok lately... it seems the "AI" has started to do its thing... they seem to keep hold of the ball alot and I mean alot.. they dont seem to want to play that kill ball... instead they play it out wide and bombard crosses....

OR

They have a small break on and shoot from like 30 yards and score screamers !!! Am thinking the following :-

Have one CD close down couple of notches and have him be a "ball playing defender" and have the other a limited defender... then do the same with two anchor men... (but on different sides...) have one close down a touch more... with other one floating for scraps and through balls...

If you want a update with the tweaks so far be my guest... upload link is...

http://www.filefront.com/15143739/Complete%20Dominance%2042121%20%28Arsenal%2C%20Nov%202010%29.tac

BE CAREFUL DURING GAMES... CHECK THE SHOUTS INSURE THAT NOTHING IS RUNNING OTHERWISE PLAYERS WILL BE SENT OFF !!

(sorry for shouting !! :p)

Well here it is..... take a look :D !!!!!!!

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad295/DazzaE2008/RESULT.jpg

HAHAHA

Sir Fergy was not a happy bunny... he changed tactic a full six times during the game !!!!!

I scored 2 goals at the end of the match when they where pushing for the draw... each time of a corner from them (typical arsenal !!)... ball was cleared and won... STR and both AMC break from box 3 on 2... ripped them to bits and scored each time...

You have to insure with the tactic that opp instructions are done correctly... I asked assistant then altered them to ensure they had the upmost "less freedom !".

By Less Freedom I mean setting the players that assistant requested to :-

Weak Foot

Close Down Always

Tackling Hard (possible fouls problem there ?)

Also depending on what team tight marking.... always for the players...

You end up roughly with 6 defenders... defending and then 4 gifted attackers attacking at pace threw the middle.

Oh yes united where on a 17 unbeaten run before they met us and thats what happened !! :D

for the discpline just change everyone from hard tackle to normal

trying your update mr etheirdge was losing 1-0 to roma second half changed to your updates tweaks full time 6-3 to me!!

What team are you ??

I am glad it worked... it seems to me the "AI" isn't liking this tactic at all. When you do it correctly with the correct Opp instructions and watch what the manager does as well, ie change formation, Sir Fergy did it too me 6 times in united game !.

The STR is so important BTW.. he has to be able to hold ball up and play that kill round the corner through ball !

Will give this a go next season, might as finish this season with V3 of your other tactic since it's working well.

Got Toni Kroos and Momo Sissoko already signed up for next season so they should fit into this system perfectly.

You going to try the 4-2-1-2-1 system ??... Tony Kroos will be immense in the system insure you get a excellent striker who can hold the ball up though.

You going to try the 4-2-1-2-1 system ??... Tony Kroos will be immense in the system insure you get a excellent striker who can hold the ball up though.

I took the hold up ball off the striker during times we I feel he could out do the other teams defence (this way he goes forward and not play a AMC in).

Eduardo upfront in this role was great Hat-Trick in first game without holding up the ball !!

I took the hold up ball off the striker during times we I feel he could out do the other teams defence (this way he goes forward and not play a AMC in).

Eduardo upfront in this role was great Hat-Trick in first game without holding up the ball !!

why don't you start your own thread with this tactic in, then you won't be hijacking mine so much xx

i'm testing this tactic with blackburn made 1 signing edi smolark on a free after 10 games i'm 5th and just beat sunderland 6-0

I've made some changes to the closing down on some players as i thought they where getting pulled out of position alot

i also use Hammer1000's shouts aswell but i don't change the stratagy i leave it on overload

Ok, after I finish downloading 10.2, the new one I will be selecting a team to use this tactic, which team suits it best in your opinion Mr Hough, would like some fun on the managing side as wlel not just to test the tactic.

i have no idea mate, i don't expect the tactic to work as good so i'm gonna have a go at it and make changes myself

So Mr Etheridge/Mr Hough have you seen the change list in patch 10.2, And if so do you think it will have an impact of the effectivness of your tactics.

possibly yeah i'm going through a season as blackburn now so hopefully i'll have a tweaked version

WOW... nothing more needs to be said!!

i am fiorentina after being offered a contract after having a successful spell at birmingham, i have have managed to build quite formidable team over 2 seasons winning serie A on the last day in my 2nd season. as you can probably guess i think alot of my tactics, and im quite stubburn to try other peoples, however i wanted to change my 4-1-1 system to utilise my forwards, so i gave this ago and the results so far are:

roma 4-0

roma (cup) 5-1 with 10 men after 20 mins

brescia 6-1

my team is now playing with efficency, shots are mainly on target, and the ball is worked into the box well.

thanks for now!!

to update my results are:

1-1 samp. W

4-0 inter W

4-0 palermo W

5-2 torino W

2-1 juv. W cup

1-1 siena D

1-2 juv. L cup

1-2 udinese L

2-0 lecce W

5-2 Empoli W

2-0 OM W ec

4-0 palermo W

2-2 genoa D

3-3 atalanta D

my issues are as follows: i give away far to many fouls my players are alway getting yellow carded. secondly what in game shout or tactical changes can i make to get that much need last minute goal...

any sugestions?

to update my results are:

1-1 samp. W

4-0 inter W

4-0 palermo W

5-2 torino W

2-1 juv. W cup

1-1 siena D

1-2 juv. L cup

1-2 udinese L

2-0 lecce W

5-2 Empoli W

2-0 OM W ec

4-0 palermo W

2-2 genoa D

3-3 atalanta D

my issues are as follows: i give away far to many fouls my players are alway getting yellow carded. secondly what in game shout or tactical changes can i make to get that much need last minute goal...

any sugestions?

look at the OP (Opening post) towards the bottem there are tweaks there you could do

Used this tactic(with defending+the pass to feet,stay on feet and retain posession tweaks)in Romania second division with Universitatea Cluj,signing only free players.I finished first,with media prediction 10th.

34 games played 23-5-6

80 goals scored(21 from corner using the set piece from 1st post in "china unbeatable tacic")-27 conceded

My best striker was Jeremie N'Jock who,in 31 games,scored 34,15 assists,13 MOM.

I used this tactic in two other games,also working very well.Very good tactic,MrHough,thanks!

i'm working on this tactic so it can apply to the new patch aswell, testing with blackburn with only loan signings cos they have no pennies.

After 8 games i'm 5th won 5 drawn 1 and lost 2.

attacking is good need to tweak the defence a little bit more though

Mr Hough

The V4 Atletico is absolutely murdering teams in the new Patch.

Fair enough i started a game with Man Utd to see how the ME looked, but even so, battered everyone so far, having loads of shots, i did draw 4-4 at Home against West Ham(IRONically) but it was just one of those ridiculous FM matches that pop up way too often.

Just had 8 CCC's against Arsenal to their 1 CCC

I'll keep going for now, but i dont think defending has improved much overall?

Mr Hough

The V4 Atletico is absolutely murdering teams in the new Patch.

Fair enough i started a game with Man Utd to see how the ME looked, but even so, battered everyone so far, having loads of shots, i did draw 4-4 at Home against West Ham(IRONically) but it was just one of those ridiculous FM matches that pop up way too often.

Just had 8 CCC's against Arsenal to their 1 CCC

I'll keep going for now, but i dont think defending has improved much overall?

fantastic mate keep up the work cos thats one less tatic i have to look at lol

fantastic mate keep up the work cos thats one less tatic i have to look at lol

i use the shouts too every game (when i remember) and the really work well i leave the stratagy on overload though and it don't seem to have much difference in the defending.

my new version of this tactic is currently doing really well with blackburn so i may release it later on

Hi Mr Hough

I am new to FM and will give this a try with my Preston North End team. I tried it briefly last night and it looks great. Just a quick couple of questions.

1/ Do you think it would work with a Target man instead of advanced forward? I have Smolarek as my poacher (what a legend he is!) but would like to play with Jon Parkin or Mark Viduka alongside him. I know I can try myself, just interested in your thoughts as the creator of the tactic as to whether this would make much of a difference (either positively or negatively)

2/ On your opening post, there are two links to file downloads. From memory from last night, the 2nd one is smaller than the first? I have the first. What is the 2nd?

3/ I found when I did the tweaks, it didnt work as well as just the bog standard Complete Dominance tactic. Same for the touchline instructions? Any ideas why?

It looks great and to be fair, not too different from the 4-2-1-1-2 tactic I was already doing, but yours seems to get much more out my players. In Oct at the mo and started the season with the plan to play wingers. Hence there will be some cheap wingers for sale in January!!!!

Many thanks for taking the time to post this up. Keep up the good work

im using this with 10.2 as notts county in the premier league. ive been there for 3 season and finished 12th every time. since using this tactic ive been 2nd for quite a while and am currently 8th and on course for europe. Its very effective against the bigger clubs. always seem to win about 3-0. i play on a very narrow pitch with no tweaks to the original tactic. Very good

im using this with 10.2 as notts county in the premier league. ive been there for 3 season and finished 12th every time. since using this tactic ive been 2nd for quite a while and am currently 8th and on course for europe. Its very effective against the bigger clubs. always seem to win about 3-0. i play on a very narrow pitch with no tweaks to the original tactic. Very good

bloody hell i'm glad it's working for you on the new patch cos i'm struggling abit.

Shouldn't take me long to find out where i'm going wrong and how to put it right so it's efeective in the tactic

Hi Mr Hough

I am new to FM and will give this a try with my Preston North End team. I tried it briefly last night and it looks great. Just a quick couple of questions.

1/ Do you think it would work with a Target man instead of advanced forward? I have Smolarek as my poacher (what a legend he is!) but would like to play with Jon Parkin or Mark Viduka alongside him. I know I can try myself, just interested in your thoughts as the creator of the tactic as to whether this would make much of a difference (either positively or negatively)

2/ On your opening post, there are two links to file downloads. From memory from last night, the 2nd one is smaller than the first? I have the first. What is the 2nd?

3/ I found when I did the tweaks, it didnt work as well as just the bog standard Complete Dominance tactic. Same for the touchline instructions? Any ideas why?

It looks great and to be fair, not too different from the 4-2-1-1-2 tactic I was already doing, but yours seems to get much more out my players. In Oct at the mo and started the season with the plan to play wingers. Hence there will be some cheap wingers for sale in January!!!!

Many thanks for taking the time to post this up. Keep up the good work

i'm glad it's your gonna try this tactic you should have fun with it although from my experiance it only works on patch 10.1 it don't work as good on the new patch.

i don't think you'll have much trouble changing the role from advanced to target i just prefer using an advanced forward.

both files are the same just uploaded for people who couldn't do the first one

the shouts i use are 'Retain possesion' 'Pass to feet' and i normally go for 'stay on feet' but i have noticed that my players basiclly just stand the player up instead of putting in a tackle so i haven't been using that as much but i use the other too every game

don't change the stratagy either keep it as overload

bloody hell i'm glad it's working for you on the new patch cos i'm struggling abit.

Shouldn't take me long to find out where i'm going wrong and how to put it right so it's efeective in the tactic

just won the league cup with it beating newcastle 4-0 in the final. Also beat arsenal and chelsea in the QF and SF.

Like i said its a great tactic against the big teams home or away. It does tend to struggle for me though against the small teams. Its maybe because the big teams expect to win and play more open and attack and the small teams battle for everything

just won the league cup with it beating newcastle 4-0 in the final. Also beat arsenal and chelsea in the QF and SF.

Like i said its a great tactic against the big teams home or away. It does tend to struggle for me though against the small teams. Its maybe because the big teams expect to win and play more open and attack and the small teams battle for everything

so your using this in 10.2 patch

just finished the season and finished 3rd and won the league cup. 4th highest scorers in the league and 2nd best defence. only lost 7 games all season second only to man city losing 4 and winning the league. drew 11 games though which was 2nd highest in the league. great tactic

just finished the season and finished 3rd and won the league cup. 4th highest scorers in the league and 2nd best defence. only lost 7 games all season second only to man city losing 4 and winning the league. drew 11 games though which was 2nd highest in the league. great tactic

do you use any of the shouts steve or just play it as it is?

Ok, back again, only had time to play one game with it.

First off I'm managing Liverpool, I've brought in Obasi, Palombo, Di Maria, Vargas and Gabriel Millito on loan.

I was on a bad run of form, standing 6th in the Premiership on the 25h of November, but doing well in Europe, I started using a tactic from this forum(a different one, Goals Galore), until now, I decided to change after a 2-2 home draw vs Stoke. Due to this being a narrow tactic it was useful as I had many central midfielders, including Benayoun, Gerrard, Mascherano, Aquilani, Palombo and some others, and Di Maria, a winger would be out for 2 months, so this could be good. I couldn't play Obasi due to his positions, but thought that due to his pace he could burn some energy and cause trouble by coming on off the bench, he could be a hassle.

So anyway, I know that to truly try a tactic you have to test it over a period of time, which I think I did for the Goals Galore one, I wanted a change. This was my first game and I certainly wasn't expecting too much considering my lack of confidence going into this game after a 2-2 home draw versus Stoke. This game was in the Champions League and was at the fortress of Anfield. This game was against Inter Milan, a very strong team, with top players, using Goals Galore suprisingly at the San Siro I was beating them 2-0 until the 89th minute when they got 2 back.

I also must state I'm using 10.0 so also I'm not sure if this tactic was meant for 10.1 or whatever.

My formation for this game was.

Reina

Insua

Johnson

Millito

Carragher

Mascherano

Palombo

Aquilani

Gerrard

Torres

Kuyt

I was delighted when we took the lead with Gabriel Millito's header, great stuff :thup:

Then very soon after his brother Diego got his team back level, this was by no fault of the tacic I promise it was my team-talk, if I do encourage 1-0 up against a big team immediately they score.

Thankfully Torres scored to take us into the lead and that how it stayed, considering everything I was very happy, and the more I play with it the better it should get overall, so can't wait to play with it more and more.

Good signs Mr Hough.

Basically played the same team as the Inter game, exept I got Vargas instead of Insua and Benayoun instead of Aquilani, I was playing Wigan away in the Premiership and needed a win in all honesty, and that's what I got. The final score was 4-1, they scored due to a dodgy penalty.

Kuyt got one goal, so did Gerrard, Crarragher scored a penalty and Torres also got on the scoresheet. So that was a comfortable performance and a good and much-needed result. Still only my second game so looks great :thup:

Next up Hull away in the league Cup, a similar fixture to the Wigan one, might rest a few players and get a few youngsters, but would like to go as far as possible in this cup, I'd like to bring as much trophies as possible to the club.

ok, simply woooooow to start off with.

One of my players got a 10.0 :eek:

Ok let's start with the downsides, whether this was down to the tactic or not, Palombo is out for 9-11 days Gerrard is out for 5-6 weeks and Torres is out for 3-4 months, nooooo.

First off, my squad, I got Obadi playing as a striker, he should hopefully be working well with Torres, and it certainly did work.

Insua came in for Vargas and Agger came in for Carragher.

After 1 minute Torres scorea, a assist by Obadi, get in, great start. Then after 4 minutes the two combined, Obadi hit the back of the net, exept it was offside. They were working together so well. Gerrard played a lovely pass Obadi then made it 2-0 after 12 minutes. Then disaster as Torres had to be taken off, step in David N'Gog.

Obasi played a superb ball into N'Gog who scored to make it 3-0 after 37 minutes. After 42 minutes Nathan Doyle made a horrid mistake, and Obadi made the most of it. 4-0 at half time.

Half time and we were playing amazingly well, without a lot of the first team as well.

After a good move in the early parts of the second half Obadi layed off Gerrard who made it 5-0.

Agger then played a lovely through ball where N'gog placed the ball into the back of the net with good composure.

Unfortunately Gerrard was injured and I had made my two subs, as Spearing and Aquilani came on, so I was 6-0 up with 10 men due to injuries. The goals kept on coming as on 72 minutes Insua played a wonderful ball to Obadi who took on the keeper and scored again for his hat-trick.

On the 90th minute Insua played a brilliant through ball yet again and Obasi cooly chipped the goalkeeper.

A potentially tough game AWAY which didn't include a lot of first-team players, but yet it still finishes:

Hull City 0 - 8 LIVERPOOL

One of the best games in my FM history.

ok, simply woooooow to start off with.

One of my players got a 10.0 :eek:

Ok let's start with the downsides, whether this was down to the tactic or not, Palombo is out for 9-11 days Gerrard is out for 5-6 weeks and Torres is out for 3-4 months, nooooo.

First off, my squad, I got Obadi playing as a striker, he should hopefully be working well with Torres, and it certainly did work.

Insua came in for Vargas and Agger came in for Carragher.

After 1 minute Torres scorea, a assist by Obadi, get in, great start. Then after 4 minutes the two combined, Obadi hit the back of the net, exept it was offside. They were working together so well. Gerrard played a lovely pass Obadi then made it 2-0 after 12 minutes. Then disaster as Torres had to be taken off, step in David N'Gog.

Obasi played a superb ball into N'Gog who scored to make it 3-0 after 37 minutes. After 42 minutes Nathan Doyle made a horrid mistake, and Obadi made the most of it. 4-0 at half time.

Half time and we were playing amazingly well, without a lot of the first team as well.

After a good move in the early parts of the second half Obadi layed off Gerrard who made it 5-0.

Agger then played a lovely through ball where N'gog placed the ball into the back of the net with good composure.

Unfortunately Gerrard was injured and I had made my two subs, as Spearing and Aquilani came on, so I was 6-0 up with 10 men due to injuries. The goals kept on coming as on 72 minutes Insua played a wonderful ball to Obadi who took on the keeper and scored again for his hat-trick.

On the 90th minute Insua played a brilliant through ball yet again and Obasi cooly chipped the goalkeeper.

A potentially tough game AWAY which didn't include a lot of first-team players, but yet it still finishes:

Hull City 0 - 8 LIVERPOOL

One of the best games in my FM history.

which patch are you using mate, congrats on your wins too mate

Archived