Do you hold a grudge??

I asked this because as Liverpool manager..and a massive fan,i hate anything Man Utd related.

Now i have this regen that is currently on a season long loan at Portsmouth who are currently in the championship,my regen is therefore regarded as a key member of the squad,may be 18 but he is going to be immense!!

So wheres the grudge? Gary Neville is there new appointed manager and i dont want my player giving him wins,i personally want him to crash and burn lol.Question is..do i hold my grudge and recall the player in question? Or for his benefit should i leave him be to let him progress??

It's Gary Neville! Duh! Let him crash and burn. He's an idiot.

And, though this may be a surprise... I'm a Man Utd fan.

Even we hate him!

how many united fans do you know that hate neville? all your school friends? if you was any kind of united fan you would know that we dont hate neville. How many games have you been to? Do you even remember when neville first broke into the team? probably not seeing as your only 16. Why not try watching some games from when you was like 2 years old and every season from then. Then come up with your own opinion instead of listening to playground talk :-)

how many united fans do you know that hate neville? all your school friends? if you was any kind of united fan you would know that we dont hate neville. How many games have you been to? Do you even remember when neville first broke into the team? probably not seeing as your only 16. Why not try watching some games from when you was like 2 years old and every season from then. Then come up with your own opinion instead of listening to playground talk :-)

...it was more of a joke than anything. How about you try not to get so confrontational?

I don't like Neville because he hasn't earned his team place or his huge salary recently. Players like Scholes and Giggs play well week in, week out. Neville rarely plays at all.

...it was more of a joke than anything. How about you try not to get so confrontational?

I don't like Neville because he hasn't earned his team place or his huge salary recently. Players like Scholes and Giggs play well week in, week out. Neville rarely plays at all.

ok sorry maybe i over reacted but what you say makes no sense. He has earned his place by being our best right back and playing week in week out for the last 15 or so years (except the last 2 seasons). Like i said your only 16 so you have probably never even seen half of his career. Seeing as he's been injured for the last 2 seasons that has given other players a chance. Nobody could have predicted how well rafael was going to turn out. And wes browns recent run of games injury free has also helped. Last season it was mainly john o'shea at right back. So theres 3 players that have stepped in and done well. Neville is a bit slower now but thats down to age and injuries. Also had he stayed fit he would have played week in week out like scholes and giggs

Just to get back on the subject lol..i have decided to take RedDogg`s advice and leave him be..he will improve by getting games under his belt,and then he`ll crush them for me the following season.

And despite the fact i hate Neville...i can openly admit that he is a United Legend

ok sorry maybe i over reacted but what you say makes no sense. He has earned his place by being our best right back and playing week in week out for the last 15 or so years (except the last 2 seasons). Like i said your only 16 so you have probably never even seen half of his career. Seeing as he's been injured for the last 2 seasons that has given other players a chance. Nobody could have predicted how well rafael was going to turn out. And wes browns recent run of games injury free has also helped. Last season it was mainly john o'shea at right back. So theres 3 players that have stepped in and done well. Neville is a bit slower now but thats down to age and injuries. Also had he stayed fit he would have played week in week out like scholes and giggs

Okay, maybe I over-generalized in saying that all Man Utd fans hate him. They obviously don't. :)

It is merely a fact of me not liking him, and me thinking he's not good enough for a 1st team place. Others may have different opinions.

But I don't see how my age affects whether I'm a proper fan or not. That's like coming onto this forum and paying more attention to some people's opinions simply because they have made more posts than others. :(

That was kind of the point I was making. That it doesn't matter how many posts you've made, just the same as it doesn't matter how old someone is.

i wasnt saying your stupid or anything just because of your age. Its just that neville has played most of his career before you probably even got into football and you probably only remember his last 3-4 seasons judging by your comments. 2 of which he's been injured for so that probably makes you about 12 or 13 the last time you seen neville play to a good standard.

thats like me saying bryan robson was crap and didnt derserve his place because when i started watching man utd he was on his way out. that would just be ignorant of me to completely disregard most of his career and judge it by only the handful of games ive actually seen him play.

Ok he might not be as good as he once was but who is when they get to 34 years old. i agree that he's not the player he once was and from now on he will only be a bit part player but i honestly think if it wasnt for his injuries of the last 2 years, we wouldnt have seen the likes of rafael and fabio just yet and neville would still be without a doubt our first choice right back.

i agree with StevoRobbo, which kind of reminds me how i could never understand what brian mcclair was doing in the first team during his last years at united when i first start watching united play altho actually he'd been at the club 10 or so years which, ofcourse i missed.

and i do think he'd be first choice if he's fit and all. there havent been many better than him in his position in the league i reckon.

but getting back to topic, i think the OP made the right choice letting him stay at Pompey for the kid and his benefit.

I hate Gary Neville and Man Utd, but StevoRobbo is 100% corect here. He is a Man Utd legend, and one of the very best RB's this country has produced, certainly the best for the last twenty odd years.

To the original point - I woul have recalled him and loaned him elsewhere. I would NEVER do someone I hated favour, even in a football game! So Roy Keane and Neil Wanknock get no favours from me!

Similarly, I never manage certain teams, or play as them on ANY football game - Man Utd, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Barnsley, Donny Rovers, Nottingham F****t (scab), Leicester, Celtic, Mansfield (scab scab scab), Chesterfield. Scum scum scum.

Apparently the liverpool fans on the game hold a grudge. Man utd released owen and i scouted him and despite his age he would still be handy backup but in the scout report my scout said the fans resentment for this player should be taken into consideration, so i didn't sign him.

Apparently the liverpool fans on the game hold a grudge. Man utd released owen and i scouted him and despite his age he would still be handy backup but in the scout report my scout said the fans resentment for this player should be taken into consideration, so i didn't sign him.

He's down as a disliked person, for Liverpool, in the database.

Yeah but i don't think people cared as much about that as they did when he left for madrid because he said he wanted to go to liverpool but benitez didn't want him and he would have been foolish to turn down man utd (no matter how much i hate them) just to wait for another club.

Fair enough i didn't know that, but personally as a lierpool fan i would be happy to see owen return to the club.

Really? Personally, i'm taking immense delight in the fact he's become a player for Carling Cup games and meaningless Champions League dead rubbers, and has zero chance of making it to South Africa with England.

Not that i am one to hold a grudge like. ;)

Owen wasn't particularly liked by Liverpool fans before he went to United. He wasn't idolised when he was at the club even, not like Fowler say, or even Torres now. Then he worked his way to getting a cut price transfer to Madrid, then put England before Liverpool and joined Newcastle, then to top it off he goes and joins our arch-rivals Man United. So i think the disliked list is putting it kindly. :) Although, a lot of Liverpool fans simply have an apathetic view towards Michael.

Archived