kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

Tried these tactics in the Swedish second division. 10 games, 10 defeats - including one 7-0 loss and three 4-0 losses. My team was 2nd in the league until i tried these tactics. Not recommended with lesser quality players.

Back to trusty 4-4-2 i go :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this tactic is great its main reason I continue playing the game as I got dissillusioned for a while. Many thanks for your hard work on this Kimz.

I do agree with earlier posts. You still need to make sure other aspects of your team are performing well for this tactic to work to its full potential. I.E: training, players, staff etc. This is a given. Forest flying high in Prem (1st) 20 games to go in 2012! I use v2.1 1

Kimz:

I`m a big fan of your tactics. However I have been experiencing some problems when I use version 1.1 against teams with a high DL. As you recomend, I increase tempo with 3-4 notches. In the first half this often works great, and I often lead with 2-3 goals to half time. This changes however in the second half when I often loose the lead. I never make any changes in half timef(sometimes I remove the fullbacks`farrows though).

What do you think is the problem? Should I set tempo down to slow in the second half?

Kimz:

I`m a big fan of your tactics. However I have been experiencing some problems when I use version 1.1 against teams with a high DL. As you recomend, I increase tempo with 3-4 notches. In the first half this often works great, and I often lead with 2-3 goals to half time. This changes however in the second half when I often loose the lead. I never make any changes in half timef(sometimes I remove the fullbacks`farrows though).

What do you think is the problem? Should I set tempo down to slow in the second half?

try this if you have pacey defenders (15+ in average):

- remove DL/R farrow

- raise DL 2-4 notch

- raise tempo 3-4 notch

- check your half time team talk if your players let easy chance goes in or making mistake ;)

Hey Kimz mate good tactic, using the 1.1 with Leeds in my 2nd season in EPL just have a few questions..

1. What is a good way to concede less goals because I seem to leak quite a lot

2. Is there any particular reason my DR/DL get horrible ratings, 5, 6 or 7s is what they always get they never seem to put in a good performance - They are quite good and can play like DL/WBL/ML same for the right back position.

3. Im using Danny Haynes as my striker but want to get a new one in, what attributes are needed for this along striker?

Thanks again.

Hey Kimz mate good tactic, using the 1.1 with Leeds in my 2nd season in EPL just have a few questions..

1. What is a good way to concede less goals because I seem to leak quite a lot

2. Is there any particular reason my DR/DL get horrible ratings, 5, 6 or 7s is what they always get they never seem to put in a good performance - They are quite good and can play like DL/WBL/ML same for the right back position.

3. Im using Danny Haynes as my striker but want to get a new one in, what attributes are needed for this along striker?

Thanks again.

1. we need excellent DC and GK not just decent GK, buy new players for that pos first dont buy new striker. find fullback that have good defensive attribute rather than attacking attribute

2. if you conceded a lot from crosses thats the reason why.

3. you can use any striker

visit my homepage for details. :)

conceded 10 in 4 games shows that i really need a new keeper or something, that is utterly pathetic....3 against norwich as well :S

Got Angulo as DR, Eduardo as DL, Cahais and Nordveit as the DCs.... They all have pretty good stats, as well as Schmeichel in goals. Don't have a heap of money as well not sure what i can do, all I know is my DCs aren't super quick, good tackling, heading and jumping.

hey kimz, awesome tactic i use ur v1 and its won me 6 consecutive premiership titles with spurs :p

question i went to ur website, how can i download ur other tactics? i can only see the screenshots on ur website but no file links to download any tactics

on the tactics page, left hand side under DOWNLOADS and kimz tactics ;)

you can d/l every single tactic or the whole package

Just want to say a big thanks to Kimz for his tactics.

V.4 is deinitely the best as with Tottenham-

1st season-4th

2nd season-Carling cup and Premier League

3rd season-Community shield, first game won 4-0 :D

THANKS KIMZ!!!

Now that Genie Scout is working, I checked 11th Season Spurs Save. Per GS the team positional rating was 80% compared to next best Arsenal at 76%. This is a huge advantage and any class team this far into game can win with just the players.

hi,

how do you put your tactic in genie scout to have %age of your team positional plz ?

Currently using this tactic set with a final go at Atletico Madrid before FM09 is released (I couldn't be bothered building another new set of my own, to be honest).

Top of the league after 15 matches so far. Top scorers.

Using V1.1 only, no tweaking or changing from start to finish of the match.

Interesting how this tactic works so well, really fun to watch.

Good work Kimz :thup:

Im enjoying this tactic v2.1 with v1 layout, however i seem to find it really hard to understand why you set everyone back for corners and freekicks, Crowding the peno box doesnt work imho. i tend to leave at least 2 up the frield as the oppersition will not throw as many men forward, Is there and proof that having them all back works better? when i watch the games leaving them up seems better for me. would just like your opinion please :)

great tactic, been using it with kaiserslaughtern in div 2 and well on my way to winning the league, looking forward to trying it in the bundesliga,

to stop giving away goals i switch off the farrows on my fullbacks, but if your defenders and goalie are poor, you're always gonna give away chances,

keep up the good work for 2009 kimz

Out of interest, kimz, with the tactical changes afoot for FM09, largely related to the removal of arrows, being about three weeks away (assuming Demo arrival date), do you have any prior thoughts about how your tactics can be adapted for the new system? Is the underlying structure going to maintain its integrity without arrows or do you think the arrowless engine means everything will have to be totally reworked?

Although have been very impressed by the creativity and feedback I haven't tried your tactics, hence my questions.

Out of interest, kimz, with the tactical changes afoot for FM09, largely related to the removal of arrows, being about three weeks away (assuming Demo arrival date), do you have any prior thoughts about how your tactics can be adapted for the new system? Is the underlying structure going to maintain its integrity without arrows or do you think the arrowless engine means everything will have to be totally reworked?

Although have been very impressed by the creativity and feedback I haven't tried your tactics, hence my questions.

i think i will need to rework all over again. without arrowz my current tactics will not work :D

Have you tried? I've been using FM08 tactics without arrows in the FM08 ME and things work pretty well. Just substitute FWRs often for a farrow, FWRs mixed for no arrow and FWRs rarely for a barrow.

i have, but without arrow we need tweak tactic every match depend on ai tactic, and i dont like that, i just want one or two tactic, little tweak and play, thats only happend with arrowz ;)

Cant seem to make this tactic click.

Im Man City 2nd season with aguero up front.

Robinho sitting behind him with petrov and wright phillips on the wing. If I win a game its 1/2-0 max. Getting a lot of draws and losses.

Any tips to suit it to my team?

I checked Kimz site and faq for an answer to this but couldn't find it.

Should I use playmakers and target men? I noticed the target man was unchecked so I didn't think I should be using that. But I'd like to know for sure.

And if so, what position? I usually use the 1.1 tactic.

Tried Kimz' new 4.0 tactic with my new game playing as Cardif. Got promoted in my fírst season - second placed 17 points after Reading. Reading were simply amazing. They lost only 3 games. One of them to me at home :)

In the Premier league - Bought:

Mathias Fernandes

Vagner Love

Kleber

Lassane Diarra

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

Rodorigo

Miranda

Sold most of my players to a lower divisions. Needed the cash!

Now I'm cruising after the first 3 games. Beating:

Man City 1-2 home (City finished 2nd he prior season behind Chelsea) - outplayed them in every area.

Fulham 1-4 away

Reading 3-1 home

So my conclusion is... This is a must try tactic. But you'll need some tweakings before it'll become great and untouchable :)

I checked Kimz site and faq for an answer to this but couldn't find it.

Should I use playmakers and target men? I noticed the target man was unchecked so I didn't think I should be using that. But I'd like to know for sure.

And if so, what position? I usually use the 1.1 tactic.

i never used any playmaker and targetman

WoW,,,is all i can say about version 4.0,,,,,,,,,ive just started using it after having success with v2.1 with v1 layout,,,,,,i started a new game so i thought i'd try this new version of kimz's tactic and its even better than v2.1 with v1 layout,,,,in my first season with Man utd i won the league and was champ lge runners up,,,,in second season i did the treble (league, champ lge, fa cup),,,,,,,,,i also started a gem with Villa and in my second season i'm currently top of the league and in league cup final.

Like i say ive had success before,,, but with version 4 its amazing. If your having trouble just look out for shots at goal if your having more off target switch to another of kimz's tactics,,,ive noticed after many seasons if you dont change tactics if your shots are going off target then you tend to concede goals especially late on.

Once again thanks kimz for saving fm08 for me cus a couple of months ago i was giving up on it.

Not a great start with V1, to be honest.

I'm Fiorentina, by the way, and it's my 1st season with them.

Cagliari 1 - 1 Fiorentina

Torino 1 - 4 Fiorentina

Fiorentina 2 - 1 AC Milan

I conceeded the most ridiculous goal against Cagliari, from the replay, the ball appeared to have gone through my keeper.

Torino was fine, except I picked up 4 yellow cards.

AC Milan was a nightmare, to begin with. In the first minute my CB got a straight red, and then I scored an own goal on the 45th minute.

Start of the 2nd half wasn't that bad. However it was a stalemate. I don't know how it happened, but within quick succession(58th, 67th) Rafael Van Der Vaart and Christian Vieri saved me.

It's good, but I receive too many yellows. Every other season I complete, I receive, at most, 25 yellow cards.

After 3 matches, I've received 7.

I need to find a solution quickly, because I'm not continuing to play like this.

I'll try the other versions once I've got a strong position in Serie A.

EDIT: One really positive aspect of this is that the lone striker works well. Vieri(who I play up front), has scored 5 goals in only 3 appearances.

He scored all 4 of the goals against Torino, also.

Not a great start with V1, to be honest.

I'm Fiorentina, by the way, and it's my 1st season with them.

Cagliari 1 - 1 Fiorentina

Torino 1 - 4 Fiorentina

Fiorentina 2 - 1 AC Milan

I conceeded the most ridiculous goal against Cagliari, from the replay, the ball appeared to have gone through my keeper.

Torino was fine, except I picked up 4 yellow cards.

AC Milan was a nightmare, to begin with. In the first minute my CB got a straight red, and then I scored an own goal on the 45th minute.

Start of the 2nd half wasn't that bad. However it was a stalemate. I don't know how it happened, but within quick succession(58th, 67th) Rafael Van Der Vaart and Christian Vieri saved me.

It's good, but I receive too many yellows. Every other season I complete, I receive, at most, 25 yellow cards.

After 3 matches, I've received 7.

I need to find a solution quickly, because I'm not continuing to play like this.

I'll try the other versions once I've got a strong position in Serie A.

EDIT: One really positive aspect of this is that the lone striker works well. Vieri(who I play up front), has scored 5 goals in only 3 appearances.

He scored all 4 of the goals against Torino, also.

use v1.1 or v2.1 or v3.0 or v4.0 ;)

Fiorentina season once again.

I'm now trying out v1.1(as reccommended).

My away form was poor, 2 wins, 1 lose and 1 draw(one win was against Zurich in the UEFA Cup, barely a challenge).

However, the change is instantly noticeable with v1.1 as opposed to v1.

I played away to Parma, and destroyed them 5-1. Nihat(who was playing AML), scored a hat-trick, Vieri added another to his impressive tally(In 7 games, he has 12 goals). Overall this season so far, he's played 9 fixtures, scoring 15 goals.

Hopefully it wasn't just a one-off.

Added to this, I've now started proper training schedules(before I was using the default one), so now I'm expecting things to improve even more.

v1.1>v1, definitely.

I was one of the original members when FM started back in the late 80's and I must tell you all that Kimz is a genius. I've always been Liverpool and I've never had such an explosive first season as I did with verion 4.0. I didnt win anything though but I felt good. Semi final of the League Cup, Qtr in the FA cup, did badly in the champions league and went into UEFA cup but got to the final. Finished 2nd to Arsenal by 1 point in the league. I am going into the second season and I'll see what happens. One problem I did have though.... Torres couldnt score enough goals (22) , is it because of his setting? Gerrard scored 41 goals from AMC. Do I need to change Torres's setting. For example his mentality is normal, shoulnt it be attacking?

I say Sports Interactive are ONLY getting rid of arrows in the 2009 version is because they CANNOT beat kimz tactics, so the only way to beat him is to remove arrows. KIMZ 1 SI 0 :)

Ah, nah, there's this big discussion on the General about this.

Tactics which force the AI defenders to try and defend against 5 defenders will always fail - man-mark and you leave gaps, close-down and you leave gaps, stand-off and someone will hit you from 25 yards or win a dangerous corner. In reality, defending against 5 is difficult but in real life, teams can still do this quite well.

I was one of the original members when FM started back in the late 80's and I must tell you all that Kimz is a genius. I've always been Liverpool and I've never had such an explosive first season as I did with verion 4.0. I didnt win anything though but I felt good. Semi final of the League Cup, Qtr in the FA cup, did badly in the champions league and went into UEFA cup but got to the final. Finished 2nd to Arsenal by 1 point in the league. I am going into the second season and I'll see what happens. One problem I did have though.... Torres couldnt score enough goals (22) , is it because of his setting? Gerrard scored 41 goals from AMC. Do I need to change Torres's setting. For example his mentality is normal, shoulnt it be attacking?

as many wrote, sliders are very sensitive, change something one notch will change everything, you can try it and give us report maybe we will get better tactic ;)

Brilliant tactic, but am strugling away rom home, conceding loads of goals. am using 4.0 an help would be great, also can i ask what pitch measurements do you have as at the mo my pitch is long but narrow, do i need to alter it? cheers

for v1 & v2 use normal pitch dimension

for v3 & v4 using wider pitch dimension is better imo

Archived