kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

I've been using this tactic for a long time now with various teams and always getting good results. Apart from the season I've just finished. I was promoted with Ipswich the previous season and I have now just completed my first season in the Premier League. Fair enough I don't expect to win the league but I did expect a bit better than I did. I finished 12th and was joint top scorers in the league along with Arsenal, who actually won the league, scoring 89 goals but as you can see I conceded a massive 82 goals. So please can someone help me and explain why this happened? Is it because my defenders aren't upto the job or do I need to tweak something? Thanks in advance.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll125/Bealesy1971/FinalLeagueTable.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your first season up and you're complaining about 12th place? tbh I would be happy with that and just work on making your defence a little better for next season. But beware though, don't buy too many players in your second season or else you'll hit second season slump and could see yourself not winning any.

Originally posted by nottingham_bluebird:

Hi Kimz.

Im cardiff in 2009/2010 season with a good squad but I have underperformed for the last 2 seasons and the start of this season. I used SOOOOOOOOO many tactics and none worked and so far yours is very very helpfull for me.

So far 7 Wins 4 Draws 2 Loss

Most of the draws have been with poor defending and they all were 2-2 ... Freddy Eastwood has scored 20 goals in 7 Games O_O Just wondering is there anything I can do to improve my defending.. I am conceeding from Set Pieces and Silly Errors like rebounds or bad clearences! thanks

buy / loan better defender & GK icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Dexter St Jock:

Your first season up and you're complaining about 12th place? tbh I would be happy with that and just work on making your defence a little better for next season. But beware though, don't buy too many players in your second season or else you'll hit second season slump and could see yourself not winning any.

i agree........

these tactics are very attacking tactic..... we need excellent defender and GK .....defending is a difficult job using these tactics icon_wink.gif

picture1ur3.th.png

This is a screenshot of my Man City squad. I was wondering where people thought the squad could be strengthened. I won everything I could last season and am currently in the summer transfer window with 43.5M to spend and a large wage budget. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I am of course using Kimz tactics.

Ok thanks for the advice Kimz & Dexter. I'll see how it goes and let you know.

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dexter St Jock:

i agree........

these tactics are very attacking tactic..... we need excellent defender and GK .....defending is a difficult job using these tactics icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just finished 4th in the Prem with Darlington, Champions League and plent of moeny.

Just signed Artur Boruc as my keeper for £5m, got about £25m left, got Hitzlsperger coming in on a free. Fazio is available on a free so gonna break the bank for him wage wise. Need some top draw AMC's didn't score enough goals from AMC last season.

Any suggestions?

Guest aslaram

I've started a new thread about these amazing tactics you can download, this one is the main topic, but I reckon if you took away the corner flaw thats exploited in this tactic, and like many others like it then they would be ordinary (results wise) at best. Be interesting to see what you all put down! Come on in, have a rant, at SI Games, or me, I don't care! This is a good tactic, but take away your 40 goals from corners and your defenders morale and strikers would drop, games would be harder to win, the goals would suffer severely and so would form, and hey presto, there you have it. Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, the teams you wanted to try at the beginning because you support them, sack you before being almost relegated. This is the worst FM ever!!! SI Games, take note, you have taken a brilliant series and ruined it, abit like Leeds Utd and Nottingham Forest!!!!

Liniert which version(s) have you been using for your long term game?

been at this game since 4.0.2 was released, its also the longest game ive had going pretty much since ive been playing FM.

after beeing unbeaten for 70 matches...im in a new season, and the ai hve figured out the tactic. 1w, 1d 4l in the first 6 matches, won 2-0, draw 1-1 and lost 2-0, 3-1, 4-1 and 1-0

goals are lacking and defence is scewed!

i have same players as last year, strenghtened only with velouso (sporting) Diarra and Eduardo.

Should give me more power, but instead it makes tea, worse.

Vucinic has only 1 goal even if he started 1 match, and raul Rusescu i loaned out to fiorentina as he was my sub striker and i bought eduardo. Well, eduardo got injured in the second match for 8 months and i forgot to make raulk recallable, so now i have Marcus Pedersen as backup. still, should be more than good enough! Raul scored 12 in 18 for me last year, most as sub, but in fiorentina he has banged 7 in 3, avrage og 8,25... Oh,well.... Dunno whats wrong, but gonna try to tweak to victory...

Originally posted by Helmerzinho:

after beeing unbeaten for 70 matches...im in a new season, and the ai hve figured out the tactic. 1w, 1d 4l in the first 6 matches, won 2-0, draw 1-1 and lost 2-0, 3-1, 4-1 and 1-0

goals are lacking and defence is scewed!

i have same players as last year, strenghtened only with velouso (sporting) Diarra and Eduardo.

Should give me more power, but instead it makes tea, worse.

Vucinic has only 1 goal even if he started 1 match, and raul Rusescu i loaned out to fiorentina as he was my sub striker and i bought eduardo. Well, eduardo got injured in the second match for 8 months and i forgot to make raulk recallable, so now i have Marcus Pedersen as backup. still, should be more than good enough! Raul scored 12 in 18 for me last year, most as sub, but in fiorentina he has banged 7 in 3, avrage og 8,25... Oh,well.... Dunno whats wrong, but gonna try to tweak to victory...

vucinic played every match axxecpt 1 from start and the one as sub he came on for eduardo after 28min.... also some errors in writing, but oh well...

Originally posted by Hcaixeiro:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kimz_802_No_Tweaking_v21_with_v1_layout

Can you upload this again please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tactics

Hi kimz,firstly i love this tactic. I have used this for quite a few teams i have managed.I have one big problem that i have noticed with the opposition tactics though.It seems that all it takes is for the opposition to put a barrow on one of their midfielders to the defensive position and it messes everything up.

The only way i have managed to counter this is to increase the width to give the att-mids more space.It just seems to get more and more earlier on in the game when the opposition make their changes.

If anyone else has a way round this i would really like to know.

Thanks

Hi!

Nice tactic there. I am just wonderin about the "corner cheat" that ppl are talking about. I even saw a thread where the guy admits that your tactic without the corner setup would be useless. Well. I dont know what is that all about. I have like 10 corners in a match and not a single goal scored. No goals form corners at all. Which is not normal anyway. So can somebody tell whats the story with that corner cheat?

Originally posted by Davva:

Hi!

Nice tactic there. I am just wonderin about the "corner cheat" that ppl are talking about. I even saw a thread where the guy admits that your tactic without the corner setup would be useless. Well. I dont know what is that all about. I have like 10 corners in a match and not a single goal scored. No goals form corners at all. Which is not normal anyway. So can somebody tell whats the story with that corner cheat?

I wouldn't call it a cheat per say because the only way it works consistantly is if your defender (who attacks the goalkeeper) is superior then his marker in height, jumping and heading and that your cornor taker is decent. If you have neither then it won't work as well. However with the right players it does work really well icon14.gif

Thanks for this tactic - it's great. I'm Celtic in January and I've won every game this season apart from a 1-1 draw to Falkirk and a loss to Inter. However, the tactic has been less efficient recently and I'm just wondering how long it might be until the AI cracks it. If anyone has an indication to how long this will be and how I should prevent this / tweak the tactic to improve its efficiency then please let me know.

Hi!

I have a defender (Peter Nieyemer) who has scored 15 goals in 26 games and 90% of them have been headers from corners. He only has 14 jumping and 16 heading so I believe this tactic will help you to score a great deal of goals from corners if you have DCs with good heading and jumping. Also, I find that you get a better goal/corner ratio if you set a left-footed player for a left corner and right-footed player for the right corner as out-swinging corners usually result in more goals for me.

9 consecutive title wins with Spurs with V2. No AI cracking.

Brilliant, thanks a lot. It was probably just a standard dip in form. This is a great tactic but I wish it was slightly worse. It sounds crazy but I won everything in my first season with Celtic. The SPL, Champions League, Scottish Cup and the CIS cup. I only lost 1 game in the season (5-3 to Inter which I dominated) and drew 3 games (1-1 with Falkirk, 2-2 with Real Madrid and 3-3 with Dundee). I've been able to bolster my squad with new signings and this is my current line up:

Boruc / Brown

Wilson / Caldwell

Pineda / Correa

Rodriguez / Niemeyer

Luisao / McManus

Maldonado / Brown

Motta / Donati

Jimenez / Kewell

Arshavin / Zarate

Carvalho / Mihelic

Hesselink / Saviola

kimz, could u give your training program also ?

kimz uses "Tug's" training:

http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=828d6b9f...405c6&showtopic=6109

but you will have to register with fm-britain to download the attachment from the post.

Sorry for the double post. You can also download the training schedules without registering on fm-britain from here:

http://www.freewebs.com/tugstraining/training/2008/index.html

My team line up is quite obvious but the first Brown is Mark Brown, the original Celtic back-up keeper. Rodriguez is the Chivas defender (Francisco Javier Rodriguez) and the second Brown in my team is Scott Brown who also starts at Celtic.

I have two tips here which have helped me greatly in producing draws into wins. They are two tips on each end of the scale and I hope it helps those that might struggle sometimes.

I keep loosing points against inferior teams!! ARGH!!!

Oh yes indeed it is annoying when you've assembled a world class team, you're playing out of your skins in the last 38 matches and come up against the 20th placed team in the league and can't seem to break the barrier or even loose due to a counter attack. The tactic is indeed a good one when it comes to goalscoring opportunities but needs a little tweaking from time to time.

Kimz has already handed a few tips to tweak the tactic, which you still need to do with any tactic, even this one. However I would like to elaborate a little on his tips.

So first I would like to discuss when the opposition play ultra defensive, time-wasting football to try and grind out results. Kimz already said that against lower opposition you should play slow tempo. He's half-right. I think he evn meant that against defensive opposition you should play slow tempo. When you see the opposition play a flat 4-4-2, flat 4-5-1 or even the 3-3-2-1-1 formation you should consider these options.

- Switch to slow tempo (4). The reason why users loose against inferior teams who have only one shot on target is sometimes because of the tempo. If you play a slow build up you'll a) tire out the opposition who're chasing the ball around and b) not rush players into create opportunities which could lead to a quick break for the opposition.

- High D-line (15) Kimz said play a high D-line away from home. I admit I don't do that at all unless I do actually have fast defenders. Hard to come by unfortunatly. However against ultra defensive teams you have to dominate and you can do so by playing the game in their half to put constant pressure.

- Offside Trap. Obvious here because you're playing a high line.

- Lower timewasting (8) I belive the tactic uses 11 so lower it a few notches but not into the low category.

- Mixed FWRD Runs on Fullbacks. Reason being is because they ultimately play as MC's in this tactic and they can control the play more and ultimately be the platform when controlling the play.

- TTB Often on AMC's and FC. I know this seems contradictory but it's not because you're playing a slow build up game.

- Up the DMC's closing down one notch to Often Closing Down. Because you're having a high d-line you have to win the ball higher up field so up the closing down on DMC's.

Extra Tweaks - Haven't tested it extensively but worth a shot. When up against an ultra defensive formation then close the strikers down often using OI, unless they are quicker then your defenders. Even close down the AMC in the 3-3-2-1-1 formation because they look to hold onto the ball in your half to waste time. Don't let them, close them down!!

So that covers the "hard to break down teams". How about shutting up shop?

A lot of posts here where users loose points due to the AI going 4-2-4 at the end of matches. It is a difficult thing to do, defend that one goal at the end but hopefully this'll help. Kimz already stated that going to a 4-3-2-1 formation with three DMC's and two MC's with forward arrows to the AMC positions helps stability. It's a great tip too and I would use it icon14.gif However I would add these few things..

Team Instructions - High time-wasting (20) and narrowest formation (1) are a must for compact defence. Tick tight marking (but make sure your FC is not) and lower the D-line by one (10)

Player Instructions - FWRD Runs and RWB should be rarely for GK, Back Four and DMC's. The DMC's closing down should be often (15) and the FC should be given FWRD Runs often, RWB Often and Hold Up Ball Often to hold up the ball in the opposition half.

Set Peices - Make sure the Fullbacks and 2 DMC's stay back on the Set Peices to make sure the opposition doesn't counter in a goal.

Happy Gaming icon14.gif

TWEAK!!

ive found a tweak that saved this tactic for me.

The AI was figuring me out so i hadto do some tweaks.

I pushed the two DM into MC and gave them barrows one notch down, then changed Fullbaks Arrows to straight to the notch between attack and midtfield.

it works wonders. I just beat Real 1-0 away in CL semis with lecce, and i had not lost for 98 games before the match after when i lost to messina 1-0 even if i had 28/16 on target and they had 3/1. In that match i played reserves mostly, only keeping my DC Vidal that i brought from Newcastle to try to score on corners, and he has! 17 in 18 matches so far, and thats way better than Kaboul did from same position!

I have a strong team i can set up wit Ustari as GK, Matieu as LB, Vidal and Kaboul as DC and Bocaly as RB.

Ezperanza and Voluso as MC and Zeman, Panjic and Vucinec as AMC. Eduardo up front.

Subs are Tøllefsen GK, Flo DRL/AML, Diarra DM, Rusescu SC, Teixera AMRLC, and Aquino AMLC

so im pretty good at the moment winning the league in serie A, Semis in CL, Semi in ITalian Cup, and won super cup and World Club turnament..

Think next season ill move on to england to get new chalenges. Hoping to take Newcaste from Coca cola Championship to PL. Dont ask how they got relegated, but they did, even with Akinfeev in goal and players as Lescot, Richards, Vidal, Afellaj, Owen, Pongolle and Pander. And thats just the ones i remember at the moment.

Its crazy, and they started CC with laying on 17 place after almost half season, but now they are 2nd and on a good run after changing manager. Hope they dont go up as i want to take them there!

hehe

great tac kimz, hope to see you on msn soon so we can talk about tweaks and tips!

ill move on to england to get new chalenges. Hoping to take Newcaste from Coca cola Championship to PL

3rd season with Juve.

2 Serie A titles (having more than comfortable lead 3rd season), 3 cups.

Played 142 games: 107 wins, 27 draws, 8 games lost.

Scored 311 goals, conceeded 68 (+243 difference)

Good job Kimz!!! icon14.gif

Originally posted by Helmerzinho:

TWEAK!!

I pushed the two DM into MC and gave them barrows one notch down, then changed Fullbaks Arrows to straight to the notch between attack and midtfield.

it works wonders. I just beat Real 1-0 away in CL semis with lecce, and i had not lost for 98 games before the match after when i lost to messina 1-0 even if i had 28/16 on target and they had 3/1. In that match i played reserves mostly, only keeping my DC Vidal that i brought from Newcastle to try to score on corners, and he has! 17 in 18 matches so far, and thats way better than Kaboul did from same position!

I have a strong team i can set up wit Ustari as GK, Matieu as LB, Vidal and Kaboul as DC and Bocaly as RB.

Ezperanza and Voluso as MC and Zeman, Panjic and Vucinec as AMC. Eduardo up front.

Subs are Tøllefsen GK, Flo DRL/AML, Diarra DM, Rusescu SC, Teixera AMRLC, and Aquino AMLC

so im pretty good at the moment winning the league in serie A, Semis in CL, Semi in ITalian Cup, and won super cup and World Club turnament..

Think next season ill move on to england to get new chalenges. Hoping to take Newcaste from Coca cola Championship to PL. Dont ask how they got relegated, but they did, even with Akinfeev in goal and players as Lescot, Richards, Vidal, Afellaj, Owen, Pongolle and Pander. And thats just the ones i remember at the moment.

Its crazy, and they started CC with laying on 17 place after almost half season, but now they are 2nd and on a good run after changing manager. Hope they dont go up as i want to take them there!

hehe

great tac kimz, hope to see you on msn soon so we can talk about tweaks and tips!

could you post your tweaks because original tac seems not working for me.

My team Standard Liege after two CL wins now strugling a bit so i can check your tweaks.

Thanks

6. opp instruction :

- for opp DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard, show on foot right foot

- for opp DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard, show on foot left foot

- for DM/MC/AMC/SC : tight marking always, tackling hard

- becarefull the default opp instruction is "no specific" for sub player, so you need change it immediately when the ai change their player

---------------

i didnt understand number 6. sorry my bad english. do u mean amr,aml,amc,sc,mc,mc are tight marking always, tackling hard ?

and what do u mean show on foot left foot?

or should we change it when their player changed?

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hcaixeiro:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kimz_802_No_Tweaking_v21_with_v1_layout

Can you upload this again please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tactics </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why i can't get download link from this link

I've read quite a few success stories using the Kimz tactics, can I just ask which tactic are people finding most successful?

Does it depend on the strength of your team in the division you are playing?

I'm currently Crystal Palace in the Premier League & am struggling to get any victories. Any help would be good.

I've made 6th with Reading Sunderland and a promoted QPR with the V2 formation.

This can be made more defensive without farrows either the MU formation or a 4231 or 41221.

To defend, although not tried, 4 at back with sweeper, 2 midfield and 3 upfront 2 attacking the fullbacks positions.

Originally posted by Zigi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Helmerzinho:

TWEAK!!

hehe

could you post your tweaks because original tac seems not working for me.

My team Standard Liege after two CL wins now strugling a bit so i can check your tweaks.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im off fishing now, but ill upload after icon_smile.gif

Hi all,

Firstly i have been using this tactic at Arsenal with great success (thanks kimz). I have been using DarkStarr training with Tuggs youth training. Also i was having problems with my CM (with back arrows) getting 6 rated all the time so I pulled them back to the DM postition (with no arrows) and they are playing much better now, scoring,getting assists and linking up the play even better.

If anyone else can try this as well with another team to confirm this that would be great.

Originally posted by helius:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sirevier:

Hey Kimz,

you ever tried to retrain your DMs to AMR & AML?

since the DMs are most of their offensive time in the AML or AMR position...idealy they get accomplished there, they might profit from some training in this position...i will give it a try start of my next season.

greets s4

i don't think that the DM will start bagging goals... in my game i never see them shooting, just making space for the AMCs and passing to them. that's why they don't need to be trained like AM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm in my new game using my up to date transfers with Boro Digard has got 9 goals so far in feb playing from DM in the 2.1 v1 setup

Hi (sorry for my english), I have some problems with your tactic when i don't play at home. The computer scores much during the first minutes or i had'nt opportunity during all the match and i loosed logically.

I'm use>>>> Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.2.tac or Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.tac NEW!!! ver 2.2 for away or againts strong team or 4-2-4 formation

What can i do for stopping loose against the low formation?

Thank you

Archived